Start by marking “Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)” as Want to Read:
Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)

Branded by Fire

(Blood & Magic #4)

Aria Naveed can't decide what's worse--being mate-bonded to Declan Valkenaar, the Alpha of the Pacific Northwest Pack, or owning up to the fact that she's developing feelings for him.

He's betrayed her once already. Can she risk giving him the chance to betray her again?

With both her heart and her life on the line, she might not have a choice.

Her bond to Declan is the one t
Published October 17th 2017 by Coffee and Characters LLC

To ask other readers questions about Branded by Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Branded by Fire

Start your review of Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic, #4)
books are love
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
First I must say that if you haven’t read the first three books this book will go right over your head. The politics, anger, relationships build from book 1 to this one.

With that out of the way I love how Declan’s and Aria’s relationship comes together. I also love how Ms. Annett leaves this open with other couplings we could see in more books down the road. We also see new alliances form, trust earned, romance begin, bonds strengthened and danger around every corner.

Here Declan has given Aria
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
This was super short which I'm a little sad about because truth be told I wanted more but don't let the small number of pages deceive you, a lot happens in this shorter read.

We finally, FINALLY get some resolution to the whole mated thing which I am so grateful for because I don't know how much more of the drama and angst I could have taken and I loved seeing these two come together and for once, work as a team. It was just so great and I loved the whole pack dynamic.

I also really enjoyed that
Susan
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
About time!

It’s about darn time! This series has hooked since the beginning. Got to love the wisea$$, butt kicking heroine and the sexy alpha! Can’t wait to see what’s next.
BB
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
So. It's hard to rate this book because it is a weird combination of plagiarism and fan fiction/mash up. I felt guilty reading it.

I don't know if it was laziness (in not putting the effort in crafting her own world) or Danielle Annett thinking imitation is the sincerest form of flattery literally... ha literar-ly (I'm sorry that was a terrible pun I'm ashamed of myself). It is like she took her favorite parts of other series and mashed them together to twist it into something she calls her own.
Sapphyria
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Branded by Fire is the best one yet (and the other 3 books in the series rock!).

As Aria's powers to continue to manifest stronger and stronger, the prophecy of her destroying the city becomes more evident. The only person who can truly calm her and keep her from hurting herself and other is Declan, her bonded mate. As the story progresses we see a different Aria and Declan than we've seen in other installments and I must say - I love them! Sure, Aria is struggling against the bond; she didn't a
Airwreckah
The dithering about the mated relationship was boring and wore me down.
Bookgyrl
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still on the binge. Aria and Declan have this push and pull. Will Aria finally make up her mind?

Continuity issues: the age of a girl changed from 11 to 13 in a very short time. There are some other niggling things, but overall liking the story.
Ileana
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the series

I am giving it 5 stars because I was hooked from the first page in first book to the last page on this book. The characters were easy to fall in love with as well. The only issue I had was the repetition of the past events on every book.
T.
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella-short
I enjoyed the storyline for Branded by Fire, and I really look forward to the next book in the series to see where the plot and characters take us. Good forward progression for the overall storyline.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I just love this series Blood & Magic and I when I saw that book 4 was available for review I jumped in with both feet. I have loved this series from the first book Cursed by Fire and all the characters as well. But I think that Branded by Fire is by far my favorite.

Aria has come a long way since the first book but she is still trying to get a control on her powers and now she has more power than one person should have and it just may be too much for her. But with her growing feelings Declan ma
Diane Lynch
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Branded by Fire (Blood & Magic # 4) by Danielle Annett Danielle Annett’s BRANDED BY FIRE is scorching hot.  The story takes place following book three, BURNED BY FIRE.  After nearly dying, Aria Naveed was mate bonded to Pacific Northwest Pack Alpha, Declan Valkenaar.  She is struggling to control her powers after being experimented on by H.A.C. (HUMAN ALLIANCE CORPORATION), while trying to avoid the catastrophic outcome of her prophecy.  This PNR is suitable for adult readers.

Danielle Annett c
Iris (InstagramREADS)
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun short book. I have read this under two Hours.
A lot of urban fantasy with non to little romance and soft action scenes. Few kisses in Four books. Almost bordering ya. Still fun to continue with book 5 ... If it is mostly about these main characters.
Patricia Burleson
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great book great series. Full of action, friendships, wereanimals, humans with abilities and love. Great story line and strong characters. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
JadeShea
Aria is having issues with her new power, and her mate. She still doesn't know if she should give him a chance or not, but when the bond starts to work in her favor to help her keep her powers stable, things start to shift for her.

Add in the fact that she has a whole lot of other issues coming into play and you have a very interesting story.

This book was really pretty good. It was pretty short, and sort of ended on a cliffhanger, but it was very good.

I loved the fact that Aria and her mate are
P S
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Branded by Fire: A Paranormal Urban Fantasy Serirs (Blood & Magic Book 4)

You start reading this series and you get so lost time stops this is book 4 with no exception, man what a series worth having, worth reading and worth listening to on audible to complete the series you have seriously got to love this series...
Carrie
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I'm working my way through this series in between other books, but I'm still getting through them rather quickly. This book in particular felt very very short! I guess that's good?

We join Aria immediately after the events of the previous book. She's got big, bad powers, and even with the warning from an all-knowing kid, she refuses to ask for help. Sigh. Aria is independent to a fault. This book also somehow restarts the annoying love triangle? At least this time it looks like Aria may have fin
D.C.
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Better than the first two but not the third. I read urban fantasy so I understand they’re not things that can really happen. But when reading a story and you assume the world. So when unbelievable things happen they tend to annoy. One of which, I honestly can’t believe that every time Aria tries to get her groove there’s some distractions. No one is that unlucky. Or for someone to be so pig headed, to have faced death so many times but still think they can handle the world on their own.
Susan Commeford
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable series

I read the entire series and really enjoyed it. The heroine is feisty and relatable on many levels. The books could stand a little finer editing for misspelled words or wrong usage, but there is not so much that it affected the flow. My only real critique beyond that is the propensity to repeat situational background. I understand it is to bring a new reader up to date, but in reality it doesn't really help...you need to read the pre ions books. I really enjoyed the series and
Lexie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hopefully we see the real Aria now

I've had problems with Ari in the past. She's been whiny, wishy-washy, and not owning up to her situation. The potential is there, which is why I've kept reading, but her treatment of the whole Declan situation drove me nuts. She's no Kate Daniels!

After this book I'm hoping to see real growth from her. She's owned up to her feelings so hopefully she doesn't change her mind like she has in all the other books, cuz then I'd be done for good.

Looking forward to the
Susan Underbrink
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A big thank you to NetGalley for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. First time reading this author. I took a chance since this is number four in a series. It does not read well as a stand alone. Once you get the premise it's actually an enjoyable book. It was a fast read and no true resolution. Not a ton of romance mostly paranormal. I would recommend starting with the first book.
Kim
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
You have to read the previous books to fully understand the world. I was able to pick up on what had happened, but knowing the previous books would have been appreciated.

I liked it. Moved fast. Aria is struggling with being mated to Declan and her new powers. A few life and death situations that cause them to admit how they feel about each other. A quick read, with an interesting world built up.
D. Messing
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story. I just discovered it in the fourth book, I'll have to read the other three to get the full story, but it was a good story none the less. It was on the shorter side, and I finished it in about an hour much to my surprise. I liked the backbone to the story, though Aria made me roll my eyes on a pretty frequent basis with her antics. Thank you for the opportunity to review this work, and I will have to peruse other works by this author.
Merideth
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Its really sad when the main character is TSTL. The whole book I felt like was about how much power she has and how hard her life since she can not control her power. She comes across as not caring for other peoples feels and as a tease. Overall reading this book I can not help but think Ilona Andrews wrote it better.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
I absolutely love this series and this book was a great addition! I loved the emotion and physical struggles that each of the characters endured.
I enjoyed their journey and couldn’t put the book down from the first page. I definitely want to see what happens next!
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Jerri
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not sure about the cliffhangers

I’m living the series and the progression of the characters and storylines but every book is a cliffhanger ending. They don’t have to all be that way. I was glad Aria and Declan progressed as far as they did I this one and can’t wait to see how the bond continues.
Heather Gilbert
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy

Book 4 is solidly better than the first 2 and just a bit better than book 3. Aria is coming to terms with what everything means and no longer fighting alone - even if it feels like it sometimes.

Pros:
- Relationships - they get better, if more complicated.
- Aria: Bada$$
- Good editing
- doesn’t resemble Kate Daniels quite so much

Cons:

- poor choices - they make good plot points, but... really?
- Some continuity issues from previous book.
Dawn Cavenee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Growth

Finally Ari is growing in the relationship department. Parts of the story and Ari's character reactions really annoy me. I'm glad Ari has finally accepted Declan so I can pause/stop reading this series. As to the writing style, some rehash is acceptable, but these books go overboard and I end up skipping several pages due to the repetition.
Tori Elmquist
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

Every book has so much going on that it's hard to summarize. In this part of Aria's story, she is focused primarily on mastering her all consuming powers, and it's not progressing well. With a prophecy of destruction hanging over head, she knows she doesn't have time to take it slow.
Shannon Heck
I like these books but....

These books have great potential and are definitely enjoyable reads, but I do not like how short they are. I get tired of Aria just recapping what happened. It makes feel feel less connected to the story.
Jana Gundy
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic continuation

This series has been full of depth from the beginning and it only gets deeper and more complicated with each book. Aria grows more mature and her relationships evolve which was great. I look forward to the next book.

• Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1)
  • Alpha (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #3)
  • Caged (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #2)
  • Omega (Mackenzie Grey: Origins #4)
  • From the Grave (Mackenzie Grey: Trials # 1)
  • Shift (Mackenzie Grey: Origins, #1)
  • Forgotten Magic (Stolen Magic Book 1)
  • Broken Loyalty (Jacky Leon, #3)
  • Shadow Magic (Hidden Magic #1)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files, #3)
  • Curse Breaker (Mackenzie Grey: Trials #2)
  • Legally Undead (Vampirarchy, #1)
  • Spiked (Sundance #1)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Forbidden Magic (Stolen Magic, #4)
  • Give up the Ghost (The Nightwatch #2)
  • Ancient Magic (Stolen Magic Book 2)
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
I'm just a girl with an obsession for Marvel movies, a love of all things Urban Fantasy, and a cheerleader for the underdog in any given story.

If you're looking for a heroine you can root for ... someone who defies the odds and gets up every time they're knocked down ... then look no further because that's what you'll find in my books.

I hope you'll join me in Aria Naveed's adventures. She's pretty

Blood & Magic (7 books)
  • Cursed by Fire (Blood & Magic #1)
  • Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)
  • Burned by Fire (Blood & Magic, #3)
  • Consumed by Fire (Blood and Magic, #5)
  • Forged by Fire (Blood & Magic #6)
  • Magic Born in Fire: A Snarky Urban Fantasy Adventure