Start by marking “Restoring Dermot (The Kingdoms of Kearnley Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Restoring Dermot (The Kingdoms of Kearnley Book 3)

Restoring Dermot

(The Kingdoms of Kearnley #3)

The long-lost prince finally makes his trek home only to be held captive when he reaches Dermot. Will the king persuade him to marry his daughter and forever change the course of his future?
Rian Barnali, Gilvary’s youngest prince, has not spoken to his family since he left the country ten years ago. He has made amends with God, and now it is time to reconnect with his fam
Published July 29th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Restoring Dermot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restoring Dermot

Start your review of Restoring Dermot (The Kingdoms of Kearnley Book 3)
Bhriv
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Restoring Dermot, written by Author Andrea Boyd, is the third book in this series. Once again, Boyd does not disappoint the reader!
This book takes us on the life journeys of Prince Rian. We last read of him as a boy and having dealt with seeing his mother kill his father, the trauma of being his father protégé, and then seeing his father fall so far from the pedestal that he had placed him on. I’m thrilled to see after running away for ten years, he has the potential to be a worthwhile per
Jaycee Weaver
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really cool clean, steampunk romantic fantasy trilogy. Yes, a lot of adjectives in there, but readers have to go into the series knowing what they’re getting. These are not historical novels. They are steampunk, which blends the modern with the old and twists both into something out of time entirely. They’re fun and quirky with fantastic characters. I loved all three and devoured them back to back in under a week! Strong characters who face extraordinary trials and learn the depth of t ...more
Kara
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Rian's story and since I have loved the series so far, I was so excited to read this conclusion. It was everything I wanted and more! Great cover, couldn't stop looking at it, it was perfectly Adrika and 400 pages! Um yeah, I took my time enjoying it. Rian has just left his life as a soldier, which is what has kept him occupied the last 10 years, and is going through the kingdom of Dermot just trying to get home to his family when he is jailed without explanation. Love that Rian has one ...more
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
"Control over my life was what I thought I had gained by running away."

Heading back towards the kingdom that he had once deserted ten years earlier as a petulant teen, Gilvary's Prince Rian Barnali is detained and held captive by neighboring King Farris of Dermot. When his true identity is revealed, it becomes apparent that the aging king has determined to align their two territories using a precious commodity; his own daughter.

Feeling forced into a marriage with a handso
Chandra
SENSUALITY RATING: CLEAN. Nothing offensive. No profanity.

GENRE: Inspirational Historical Romance

SETTING: Country of Kearnley; Kingdom of DERMOT

CENTRAL FEMALE CHARACTER: Princes ADRIKA of the Kingdom of Dermot – pleaser, doubter, no confidence

CENTRAL MALE CHARACTER: Prince RIAN of Gilvary – warrior; endures being mistreated; willing to do the right thing for the benefit of another.

SYNOPSIS: Rian left home when he was 15. Now returning h
Pam Jennings
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is the old saying "you can never go back home" really true? Rian hopes it's not. Returning home to a family he left behind so many years ago will not be easy and Rian can only pray that they can forgive him. If he ever gets home that is. Rian finds himself at the mercy of King Farris, the current king of Dermot, who seems to believe that he is the perfect husband for his daughter. Weaving a tale from years past, Boyd uses Rian and Adrika's story to bring forth a beautiful, restorative creation o ...more
Lisa
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series so much that I read all three books in a matter of days. I loved the characters (Rian was a complete brat in the first two books, but I absolutely adored him in this book), I loved the romance, and I especially loved that the books are exciting while still being clean reads. (Restoring Dermot is a bit steamier than the other two books, but is still a clean read.) I’m so glad I came across this series.
Dana A Smith
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the three books in The Kingdoms of Kearnley series. The series continues with the story of Prince Rian and Princess Adrika. Great plot, real and believable characters and an overall enjoyable read. You can enjoy this book even if you have not read the others in the series but the series is really great and is worth the time to read in order.
Toni Shiloh
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great ending to the series. I was sad to see them go since I was so attached to Rian and Adrika. I loved the redemption theme that Rian experienced. I could identify with him so much. I also like the salvation theme Adrika experienced. Andrea Boyd is one of my must-read authors.

*I received a free copy from the publisher. This review is my own honest opinion.
C.M.
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable finale to the Kearnley series. I just wish it had a bit longer of an ending. It was a bit abrupt.
Lucy Hill
Feb 24, 2018
Kathleen
Nov 18, 2019
Andrea Boyd
Jul 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author, and I probably shouldn't say this, but Restoring Dermot is my favorite of the ones I have written so far. I related to Rian more than any character I have ever written into existence. I hope you enjoy this conclusion to The Kingdoms of Kearnley series.
Patti
Larry Seymour
Mimi
Jan 19, 2018

• Synapse
  • The Great Flood (Imagine #1)
  • Sword of Soter (Sacred Armor Trilogy 2)
Note: If you are a reviewer who would like a free eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it! If you have a website and would like to give away an eBook copy of Securing Aisling, just ask for it!
I am just getting started and I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here, so if you have any ideas of how I can promote my book, feel free to contact me. Any help is appreciated.

The Kingdoms of Kearnley (3 books)
  • Securing Aisling (The Kingdoms of Kearnley, #1)
  • Healing Gilvary (The Kingdoms of Kearnley #2)