Start by marking “Storm Watcher (The Watchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Storm Watcher (The Watchers, #2)

Storm Watcher

(The Watchers #2)

The Witch:

All Mariamne Niege wants is to finish her thesis and get a job. Unfortunately, she's a Guardian now, and her visions of the future have grown so intense she's blind to the world while in their grip. Her Watcher, Hanson, is sleeping on her couch and scaring her roommates when he's not shepherding her through the visions and calming her worsening nightmares. Then t

ebook
Published March 20th 2015 by ImaJinn (first published April 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Watcher

Start your review of Storm Watcher (The Watchers, #2)
Beth
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo, re-reading
A good addition to the series -- in that it expands the world.

But I found Mari aggravating -- I don't think I could be a Watcher -- I'd shake her until her teeth rattled.

On reflection it is good (?) to see a character like Mari? Just because she has power doesn't mean she doesn't have weaknesses or insecurities that prevent her from seeing or acting rationally.
Feminista
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

This second book was a bit of a let down. Mari was such a pushover. I almost wish that Hanson said that to her face, that girl needed a bit of a reality check. I also disliked how she made excuses for Brandon, she was pretty much in denial with how dangerous Brandon was. All I could think was, why would she let herself trust her own instincts after her previous choices of abusive boyfriends. Let Hanson do the thinking, at least he isn't oblivious or in denial.
Elissa
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Evil Within

Dually narrated by Rayna Cole and Jack Wayne (this works surprisingly well!), there is a lot of action in this second tale of the saga. If you haven't read the first, you will not have the background explaining how the city status was modified and the coven's role changed (note how I'm avoiding spoilers here!), but will be able to enjoy a solid paranormal adventure with a great deal of violence. I suspect this plot format would be terrific for a role-playing game.
Kathy Davie
Second in The Watchers paranormal romance series revolving around Circle Lightfall and the three witches who are the Guardians of the city. The couple focus is on Mari and Hanson.

My Take
The only reason I'll let Mira live is to help her Watcher, Hanson. She is the most irritating person!! She never, never thinks of her safety. Always running away and being stupid. She really needs two Watchers. Or chains… Maybe if someone explained...again...to the twit about the relationship between a Watcher an
Tonya Breck
Like the first book in this series, I have to give this one a low rating because of how helpless and weak all the women are shown. Not only that, but in this book, I can't find it in my to like any of the female characters. Definitely not a good sign in a book.
Genrelove
The plot of the Watcher books seems very thin, although enough to keep me reading, apparently. This one seems especially light.
Mary  (Biblophile)
Rather repetitive dialogue and shallow storyline. Similar to others in this series.
Lynn
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Today's post is on Storm Watcher by Lilith Saintcrow. It is the second in her Watchers series. It is 183 pages and is published by ImaJinn. The cover has the main male character on it without a shirt and a dagger in his belt. The intended reader is someone who likes urban fantasy romances. There is mild foul language, mild sexuality, and some violence this book. The story is told from the third person of the two main characters moving as the story goes. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of t
John A. Sillasen
Water Witch Meet Your Dark & Torn Up Watcher

This could be construed as a wishy washy water witch and a guilt ridden dark watcher trying to find love but it is not. Read Book 1! It happened the same between Dante, (not Valentine), the Watcher and Theodora, Theo - the Green Or Earth Witch. This is a tale of Dark and Light. Their witches, the ones the Watchers watch over are the Lightbringers. Their Watchers used to be the ne'er do wells, the criminals, thieves and other desperados at or near or ju
Lynda
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher and found it very entertaining. The second book in this series is as good as the first as we follow the tale of the Guardians and their Watchers. The spell that turned the Witches into Guardians must be completed, but the Dark doesn't want that happening. Again the two narrators enhances the experience , combined the fast paced plot and great characters, makes this is a great listen. Looking forward ...more
Curly's  Ramblings
Audiobook review: Storm Watcher is about Mari, a light witch, and Hansen, a watcher. I like the premise of this story and storyline with evil lurking, protection needed, and a slow love interest build. Unfortunately, I could not connect with either character. Both were very relationship insecure, which would be ok for a beginning story but would have been better if the characters emotionally developed in this area. I liked the use of two narrators. I received a free copy of this audiobook at my ...more
Ulla Bisgaard
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for a honest review.
The beginning of the book are mostly about the drama of emotions between the characters and it made it hard to really get into the book. Since that writing style really isn’t my cup of tea, I would probably not have finished it, if I hadn’t made the commitment.
It did pick up about half way through and became more interesting.
I think this is a book for people who likes emotional dramas, combined with romance and a bit of action.
In the audio
Kristina
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I keep wanting to like this series, but I wish the women didn't consistently make stupid decisions. I found Mari aggravating and really didn't think she was smart enough to live. There are only so many times you can make decisions like hers before natural selection takes care of it. Hanson's lack of self esteem also got irritating. I wanted to shake both of them and say just talk to each other already!
Rosie Piqué-Christie
Love and Witchery

Great little read more story and back ground from the first book.
Compared to some series these books seem to be quite short and sweet but that is a lovely change from having everything in on book and having to read for 4 days before you get to the good bits.
Definitely reading the next book 😊
Melissa Hayden
This is a romance read mixed with action and worry. We learn there is still trouble in the city that needs tending to yet Mari and Hanson are drawn to each other as they work through all the troubles. There are sensual moments along with a growth of trust and feelings between them. I love the blend of action and love in this story.

****FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW****
Denise Fisher
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Action all the time. Could not stop reading.

This can be a standalone, but I always have to read the series. This was book 2 and #3 is already waiting. I guess I know what I'll be doing. My favorite book of this author's is Working For The Devil. It is my favorite book period. So read this book, you won't be sorry!
Eva S. Gholami
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Storm Watcher

I enjoy reading her books. This series has everything; witches, magic, good versus evil. I plan on reading the entire series.
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review Courtesy of: Books That Hook

“Storm Watcher” is the second book in the Watcher series by Lilith Saintcrow.

Based on the number of pages, I’d say this is a novella rather than a novel.

Tense: Past
Person: 3rd, alternating
Audience: Adult due to sexual content

The Watcher series continues, this time focusing on Mari and Hanson. Mari is a
Sunshine✰✰✰
I was not looking forward to reading this book. From reading other reviews about how annoying Mari was I held off until now. Mari is a witch and one of the Guardians of the city. She is watched over and protected by her Watcher, Hanson. Believe the reviews. They are both a bit annoying. Mari is too timid, too whiny, doesn't listen, and constantly getting into trouble. She makes Hanson's job that much harder by never staying where it's safe. Hanson is always walking on eggshells around Mari, whic ...more
Leslie
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urbanfantasy
After Dark Watcher, I was looking forward to reading the next book. Storm Watcher is centered around Mari, the "water" Lightbringer and Hanson, her Watcher. I liked Hanson right away, but Mari tended to be too...too...well, too much like a damsel in distress. I did grow to like her when she found her spunk at the end and saved the world in spite of herself.

Great read and great series. Recommended.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
I love mary in this book she so depends on the other witches and then hanson comes along and he is her watcher. she is not sure why things are happening to her antil teacher tells her what to do but she is sure of her feeling that are growing for hanson. i think hanson is good for her she likes being looked after it makes her stronger and with her visions that plague her he is there to keep her safe.
this book was a great read i couldnt put it down.
MT
Oct 06, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Finished it last night. Um. I had to change my rating from "it was okay" to "i didn't like it." As I said before, I like my heroines with more backbone. Mari was insipid, spineless, and TSTL much too often for me. I can understand a TSTL moment in a book. One. Not repeatedly. I'm hoping for better in the third book, Fire Watcher. I'm not impressed with the series enough to pay trade paperback price for the last two in the series and will wait until they come out in e-book format.
Dr susan
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
I found the Watcher series when I was waiting for another Jill Kismet book and before I joined Goodreads. Having a migraine means my head hurts too much to put this review in polite terms. Storm Watcher is my least favorite book in the series, because Mari annoyed me. She would show signs of a backbone, and then she would be a wimpy marshmallow. Theo, Elise, and Hanson enabled Mari's wimpiness. Only the Maleficent told Mari to 'suck it up' and do what she needed to do.
Jackie
When started this it seemed a good premise and had interesting characters.

What should have been a fast read instead turned into a study in procrastination as kept going to browse Facebook rather than finishing. Now done can say liked but did not love the story either in world building nor characters, will not read rest of series as just could not gather enthusiasm to care what happens in rest of books.
Lydia Presley
Sep 16, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible book. Insipid, uninspiring, weak characters. I couldn't even bring myself to finish this book (let alone the series) and I'm massively OCD about books and finishing them.

I'm shipping back all this author's books to the library. I had faith, I had hoped that I could see what others see in her, but holy cow.. this was really, really bad.
Kitty
Sep 29, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One star is too many. There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Utter crap from an otherwise great writer. I had wanted to read everything she'd ever written, but I draw the line here. This series, which I believed had a promising premise, is dead to me. I had planned on listing all the reasons why, but life is too short.
Keziah
Jun 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-edit
I enjoyed this book more than the first one, but again I found Mari to be a very insipid character for the majority of the book. Hanson on the other hand was amazing. I have such a thing for brooding bad boys with inferiority complexes.
Sydney
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-this-book
Stumbled across this book by accident. Has to be the best book I've ever read with the dialogue between characters you fall in love with them. How protective Hanson is to Mari makes you dive into the book even more. LOVED IT!
KG
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent

I liked the first book better. This was still fun, but I hoped that the characters would be more developed by the second of the series. The bones for a really fun read are here, the story is just missing the expansive quality that really draws me in. Things felt cramped.
Britt
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread

I’ve read this series before but it’s fun to read them again. Mari and Hanson are cute and awkward and really bad at reading each other, and the story is very much trope driven but I don’t care. I like it.

• Love Hard (Hard Play, #3)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • The Kinsman Universe
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • Crown of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #2)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Ghost From the Grave (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #4)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Wolf Rebel (SWAT, #10)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • The Truth About Magic
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)
  • Summer's Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #2)
  • Wolf Reborn (Westervelt Wolves, #3)
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as a child, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She and her library co-habitate in Vancouver, Washington.

The Watchers (5 books)
  • Dark Watcher (The Watchers, #1)
  • Fire Watcher (The Watchers, #3)
  • Cloud Watcher (The Watchers, #4)
  • Mindhealer (The Watchers, #5)

News & Interviews