Start by marking “The Importance of Being Scandalous” as Want to Read:
The Importance of Being Scandalous

The Importance of Being Scandalous

(A Tale of Two Sisters #1)

A horse race in trousers on Rotten Row. Visiting a gaming hall in a dress that would make her mother faint. Sneaking an invitation to a masquerade ball attended by only the wickedest, most debauched members of society…

None of these things are scaring off bookish but strong-willed Amelia Bishop’s stuffy, egotistical fiancé.

The only thing left is to entice childhood friend N
Published July 25th 2017 by Entangled: Select Historical

Lady Heather
Release Date: July 25, 2017

photo ImportanceofBeingScandelousThe_500X750.jpg

"5 - A Scandal Will Only Make Me More Determined Stars!"

I absolutely LOVED this book!

photo heart.gif

It had everything I enjoy reading in a historical romance.
It was well written, engaging, and full of wonderful surprises.
The characters (Amelia & and her sister Julia) were smart, witty, strong, and so very likeable... I would love to have them as friends.
Nicolas Wakefield was also an amazing character to read. Once he finally came into
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
You know that feeling when you click with a book and the whole world around you fades away? That's exactly what happened to me. I found myself addicted to the story and completely obsessed with these characters. So if you adore romance that makes your heart race, has strong friendships, and is laced with moments that will have you laughing and then sighing out loud, then you definitely have to give The Importance of Being Scandalous a try!
"What is for you?" she teased.
You
. Nick put a strangleh
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING SCANDALOUS" by Kimberly Bell is the First Book in the new series "Tale of Two Sisters Series ". This story is about Amelia Bishop and Nicholas Wakefield.
Amelia and Nicholas have been friends and neighbors since they were young. Secretly they both love each other but have never express those feelings. Then Nicholas went away for his "Grand Tour" but now he is back after being gone for a few years. But Nicholas feared he is back to late because Amelia is engaged to someon
Isha Coleman
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can anyone not love a heroine, smart enough to know what she wants and brash enough to set about trying to get it? Strong women characters are a huge plus for me, because so many times they are portrayed as secondary, more than the stars that they are. Amelia is a stunning example of independence. She's strong enough to follow her own rules and wise enough to listen when her heart comes calling. Nicholas is just the icing on the cake. He loves her strength and despite her a scandalous behavi ...more
Erin Kelly
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have previously read Kimberly Bell and was pleasantly surprised by her shockingly forward heroine in "A Dangerous Damsel". Well, Bell has surpassed herself in this new historical in every way, and I am giddy with excitement to see this author burst onto the scene with such a strong offering.

The Story-
Nicholas is home from sowing his wild oats, trying to forget about the "unsuitable" girl next door to whom he has written daily letters for most of his life. Sigh. And now she is engaged. Add to
Nicole
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from net galley for an honest review. Thank you!!

This novel was a good read. It contains love, romance, action, adventure, and mischief. This story involves fighting for what you want, finding your own happiness and overcoming obstacles that try to come and ruin the happiness one craves.
Amelia Bishop is engaged to Lord Montrose. Amelia does not want to marry him, but feels she mist due to her family. She loves her sister, Julia, who has a handicap. People say things about Ju
Lisa
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amelia and Nicholas have been close friends since childhood. They also harbor deep feelings for one another, which everyone but themselves is aware of. Unfortunately though, Amelia is engaged to another. This is an amusing story about how she tries to end her engagement by becoming an unsuitable fiancee, and how he tries to win her love, despite the disapproval of both families.

I enjoyed this book; found it very entertaining. Amelia is a likeable character, and so is Nicholas. He is not the typi
Barbara Rogers
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Series: Tale of Two Sisters #1
Publication Date: 07/25/17

I think 3.5 stars for this one

This is my first book by Kimberly Bell. I’m sure Julia’s story will be next and I definitely want to read it. It will be interesting to see where the families progress in their relationships and acceptance of each other.

This is the story of Nick and Amelia who were lifelong friends and neighbors, but who secretly loved each other. Nick does his continental tour (for two years) and Amelia gets engaged while he’
Janet
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas Wakefield returns home after two years travelling in Europe to find his father is ill & forgetting things & the love of his life Amelia Bishop is engaged. Amelia also loves her best friend Nicholas, her fiancé Embry the Earl of Montrose doesn’t make her tingle like Nicholas does. Then Embry says something against her handicapped sister Julia & Amelia tries to break the engagement but Embry will have none of it, so drastic measures are called for.
A horse race in trousers on R
Heather andrews
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Amelia likes to tell Nick her thoughts, "Amelia wanted to do married things with Nick. They could hide away in the woods and be naked all the time. And she told him so." Drunk Amelia means a handsy Amelia, “do you have hair everywhere? How far does it go?” She reached for the buttons on the fall, but his hands trapped hers, bringing them to his lips." I liked this book, Nick and Amelia suited each other perfectly.
Monique
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is there anything better than discovering a new author and being utterly charmed!
Nicholas Wakefield has been summoned home after two years, he’s the marquess’ second son and highly disposable. Nothing seems to have changed, but in fact, a lot has. Nicholas’ father is not well, he has been showing more and more signs of dementia, and Nicholas’ mother is at her wits’ ends. Nicholas has always loved Amelia Bishop, and when he sees her again, he knows it’s finally time to declare himself, even thoug
Jean
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Nicholas and Amelia's story of childhood sweethearts separated by the social mores of the time. Amelia is the younger daughter of a wealthy merchant/minor noble whose older sister Julia was born with a birth defect. Consequently, the girls are viewed as "tainted goods". Amelia is sweet and beautiful, Julia even more so, and they're both smart as whips. Amelia find herself betrothed to an Earl she barely knows and doesn't love her. Her best friend and childhood sweetheart heart, Nic ...more
Amy ~ Love At 1st Read

Kimberly Bell’s start to her Tale of Two Sisters series is everything I could want in a romance novel. Romance, adventure, and shenanigans abound. Being scandalous has never seemed more fun!

Nicholas, the second son of Lord and Lady Wakefield, was summoned home after two years abroad. Home should be a place he welcomed, but instead it only made him long to be somewhere else. Abroad, he’d been able to live life as he wanted without disapproval. At home, he was subject to the whims of his parents
Mandi Schreiner
Oh this book. It has some very well done and clever banter (one of my favorite things) and it has a sister relationship that I adored. But it also has a "get rid of the fiance" story line that goes through the entire book and I got super tired of it.

Growing up on neighboring properties, Nicholas and Amelia or Mia, have been very good friends most of their lives. And while both families are wealthy, Nicholas's family is extremely strict, all about appearances and would never involve themselves in
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT. I can’t seem to say it just once. I loved this read. I loved the boy next door. I loved the unacceptable girl next door. I loved that they were childhood friends. I loved they made it work for each other. I loved they found love with each other. I loved their romance. I loved the way their romance came about. I loved this read from beginning to end.

The Tale of Two Sisters series has gotten off to a wonderful start. I loved Amelia (Mia) and Julia the undesirable nex
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Fizza
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! It's a well-written story. Characters are also well developed. I especially adored Mia. She is exactly the kind of heroine I love to read about. She is funny, strong, fiercely loyal to those she loves, and a beautiful person inside and out. I think this book is a must reads for historical romance fan, and I'd definitely be recommending it to my friends.

Amelia Bishop has always had feelings for her childhood friend Nicholas. But he doesn't feel attracted to her, she knows that. Theref
Sally Hannoush
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great love story with many twists and turns- I do mean the crazy characters! The story flowed well and I felt a part of the story. I wanted it to keep going even if we got our happy endding. What about the secondary characters? They were awesome. I hope there is more to come.
Dawn West

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

Perfection. This book was darn near perfection.

Amelia is engaged to the wrong man. When her childhood crush returns home, she can't help but to imagine a life with him instead of her rigid fiance. Yet, when finally finds the courage to break off her engagement, the man simply won't accept it. And so the battle for her future begins. Even if it means enlisting help from the only man she wishes to be shackled to.

Nicholas isn't the heir a
Tracy Emro
This book did not work for me. I usually like the friends to lovers trope, but I was disappointed with this story.

Amelia "Mia" Bishop and Nicholas "Nick" Wakefield have been friends forever - along with Amelia's sister Julia. The three of them were inseparable as children and for his part, Nick has been in love with Amelia for as long as he can remember, but his family does not approve of hers (this was my first bone of contention - the author never explains why Amelia's family is shunned - it i
Under the Covers Book Blog
How do you get rid of an unwanted fiancée? Being rude to his family members isn’t working, wearing trousers and racing in the park isn’t working, even spending the night dressed scandalously in a gaming hell isn’t working. Amelia Bishop is running out of ways to chase off her unwanted fiancée after he shows his true feelings about her disabled and beloved younger sister. No matter what she does he’s determined to have her for his wife…even if he has to blackmail her. As a last resort Amelia tur ...more
Floryie
Red has always been my favourite colour. So the cover had my eyes transfixed and had me reading the blurb. Seeing that it has a friends-to-lovers theme, I was interested to read the book. This is the first time I am reading a book of Kimberly Bell so I was pretty happy to find that I loved it!

The characters are so engaging and witty. Amelia is strong and bold. She is such an innocent in certain ways. I loved her support of her sister, Julia. I didn't like Nicholas much in the starting. He seems
Debra Martin
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was such a delightful read. Ms. Bell has created characters that are not your typical Regency hero and heroine. I loved that! Amelia Bishop is engaged to Lord Montrose and when she tries to end it, he refuses to call the engagement off. Amelia enlists the help of her childhood friend, Nicholas Wakefield, and together they'll pull off one scandal after another. Can Amelia see that the perfect man for her is right in front of her eyes?

This was a very entertaining story especially with th
Tracy- OMGReads
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Importance of Being Scandalous was a fun, historical, friends to lovers tale. It was witty, charming, and I can't give it enough stars!

Amelia and Nicholas are lifelong neighbors. While Nicholas was away on his grand tour, he's now back just in time to help out his friend. I loved the interaction between the two, their friendship was so important.

Overall, this book was just a joy to read. I felt so immersed in the story, I couldn't put it down at all. The plot is fantastic, the story just t
Petula
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lord Nicholas Wakefield has been summoned home by his mother from his grand tour. He has been having a marvellous time with a friend he made there. He can't wait to tell his best childhood friend all about his adventures , and let her know how much he missed her.
Miss Amelia Bishop is the youngest daughter of a very rich man. Unfortunately the money hasn't stopped them from being shunned by society. The oldest daughter has a spinal problem so the "ton" class her as defective. The sisters are the
Candy Briggs
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia and her sister are inseparable. She has become engaged. Nick is their neighbor and the three use to be together all the time, until he was sent away.
Kimberly Bell's descriptions are wonderful. They make things come to life, and become more vivid. The characters, Julia with her bad spine, her mother who is very selfish and her father, is all love, become real.. Nick's family, at least his parents, were stiff, authoritarian, seeming not to love their children, while his brother, was loving
Angela
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was a bit quirky which I like however it had too many unanswered questions. Why did Embry really want to marry and why was Amelia’s mother in alliance with Embry? On the upside, I did like that Amelia and Julia were a tad bit different and did not allow society dictate their actions. Nicholas is not an alpha hero, strangely enough until the end. Jasper. Now he is a character perfectly written. He is funny, sarcastic and a fantastic character. Overall the story was nice.

I received a co
Linda
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! I couldn’t put it down.

The wealth and depth of the relationships and camaraderie in the story is beyond (my anyway) description. There’s Amelia (“Mia”) and Julia’s sibling relationship. Closer than twins, they share a bond such that Amelia decides she can’t countenance a marriage if it means being separated from Julia. They tease each other, gang up to tease just about everyone else (so wickedly funny & witty).

Julia was born with a spinal defect making her a cripple.
Anna Swedenmom
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BUY BUY BUY BUY !
A riveting read! I must say page one on, I was hooked! Can a person make so many choices and still not have happen what they are aiming for? I totally enjoyed myself making my way through this story. I laughed at times, and at others shook my head and just kept reading! I was totally captivated and was so very sad when it ended. This is not a slightly unknown author to me. However, after reading this, I believe I will get much more familiar with her! I loved the way she writes.
Lindsey Gray
The Bishop family was shunned by society when their eldest daughter was born with a spinal deformity. When their youngest daughter, Amelia, suddenly receives a proposal from an earl, they are thrust back into the social whirl.

Amelia is unsettled by the sudden proposal and her acceptance. She only ever dreamed about the boy next door, Nicholas Wakefield. As a second son, Nicholas will never inherit, but when his father’s mind starts to slip away, he is called home from abroad to help run the esta
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 4 May 21, 2017 10:10AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add this book to my profile 2 171 Sep 01, 2016 07:15PM

A Tale of Two Sisters (2 books)
  • A Scandal By Any Other Name (A Tale of Two Sisters, #2)