Start by marking “Fire Watcher (The Watchers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fire Watcher (The Watchers, #3)

Fire Watcher

(The Watchers #3)

"...a one-of-a-kind author." —Romantic Times magazine on To Hell and Back

The Fire Witch

Elise Nicholson isn't your ordinary witch. For one thing, she can light candles with a look, and she plays a mean guitar. Unfortunately, being able to call fire out of the air isn't the most useful skill around. To top it off, she's a Guardian of the City, and the other Guardians—her two

ebook
Published March 20th 2015 by ImaJinn (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fire Watcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Watcher

Start your review of Fire Watcher (The Watchers, #3)
Beth
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo, re-reading
The thought of the Brotherhood is scary -- at least the Crusade just wanted to kill them, not enslave & control them as a commodity.

I do like Elise & Remy. She's still super stubborn & I want to shake her as well -- but she's a bit more relatable to me. :)
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
A red-head with a fiery temper, say it ain't so! Anyone ever met a red head without a temper? Elise Nicholson is a bitter, immature and lonely witch. With the loss of her surrogate mother and an increase in her magical powers, it is decreasing her powers of observation and cognitive skills. Elise is a bomb waiting to explode.

Ms. Saintcrow creates a different character for this third book in the series. Elise is mad at the world and she acts out against those who love her because she is in a pit
Beth
Fire Watcher packs a punch with a fire witch with attitude.

Elise is a strong heroine that can bring her 100% to the table, making it an equal partnership with Remy...not some girl looking for her white night. Don't get me wrong Remy did have to play white knight but at Elise seems to have a good back bone.

Elisa attitude was fiery, but it was a little over the top and even alienated her from her friends.

Don't miss this explosive addition to the Watcher series.

I received this copy of Fire Watcher
Angela
Mar 01, 2020 marked it as deals  ·  review of another edition
1 March 2020: $0.99 on Kindle ...more
Dr susan
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again, re-read
I liked the pairing of Elise and Remy, although Elise's continual belittling of the Watchers did get old. I love Jill Kismet, so I enjoyed this alternate world Light versus Dark series.
Lynn
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Today’s post is on Fire Watcher by Lilith Saintcrow. It is the third in her The Watchers series. It is 183 pages long and is published by Belle Books. The intended reader is someone has read the first two novels, likes urban fantasy, and mild romance. The cover has the main male character Remy on it looking mysterious. There is some foul language, no sex, and violence in this book. The story is told from third person close of the two main characters moving as the plot goes. There Be Spoilers Ahe ...more
John A. Sillasen
Series is getting and better

There's still an element of wishywashiness out of the two main love interests here. The typical he couldn't love me, I'm not worthy as he is. The there's how could she want me after what I've done, become and my background. That element is pervasive is all three books but isn't what any of these books are about. Saint row is trying to make a point here that there is a dark presence protecting the light or Lightbringer as they've become to be known. Those with some psy
Denise Fisher
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book! I could not stop reading!

This book can be read as a standalone though it is in a series The Watchers. I love the books and am on to number four. I love this author. A must read of her books is Working For The Devil. Her books are great!
MKYHome
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watcher needed

As always the author batted a game winning home run. Hunter spent the time working to obtain a lightbringer. Thank God I was able to escape into their journey from the ever-changing world we live in with our own pandemic.
Kathy Davie
Third in the Watcher series based in Santiago City. The couple focus is on Remy and Elise Nicholson.

My Take
I guess I keep hoping that Saintcrow starts writing better characters. I do like the concept of the series and Saintcrow does write a nice homey sort of atmosphere. But I have a really difficult time with characters where I'm cheering for the good guys to die. Mari was so stupid in Storm Watcher and now there's the idiotic Elise. When she goes to the warehouse, I found myself hoping the
Eva Millien
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elise Nicholson is a fire witch and plays a mean guitar but she’s lonely and skating the edge of control and then to make things worse – a Talisman capable of blowing the city sky-high lands in her lap along with a Watcher in this spellbinding paranormal romance.

Remy is a Hunter of Talismans but he’s been assigned to stand guard over a smart-mouthed fire witch who hates Watchers and the readers can’t help but get caught up in this inferno as things quickly heats to explosive proportions between
Carmella
I received an ARC of the book for an honest opinion.

This story is about Elise, a fire witch. She is a tough woman, as was needed for her to survive her childhood. Elise is having a rough time right now and doesn't feel she is getting the support she needs from her friends Theo & Mari. They have all lost a beloved friend and mentor, Suzanne. Her friends have also gained a Watcher, a protector, and she feels pushed aside.

Remy then enters her life as her Watcher. She is angry, very angry! She doesn
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
“Fire Watcher” is the third book in the Watcher series by Lilith Saintcrow.

Based on the number of pages, I classify this as a long novella. Of the three I have read so far in this series, I liked this one the best.

Elise, a fire witch, doesn’t trust Circle Lightfall or the Watchers who work for them. It takes until around 14% to find out the goal of the story, but once it is apparent, the story stays nicely on track. Remy must protect Elise because the Brotherhood wants to get her and an artifact
Sunshine✰✰✰
This was what I expected it to be. Nothing amazing but not a drag either. Elise is a fire witch, a Lightbringer and, along with her two closest friends, a protector of the city. Elise holds a lot of anger which ends up making her annoying. She feels she is the only one with a brain since her two friends now have boyfriends who are Watchers. She doesn't trust them or Circle Lightfall. She feels she needs to do the protecting, but to giver her credit, she is strong enough to do it.

Elise finds a ta
MT
Oct 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Leslie
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urbanfantasy
Fire Watcher - book 3 in Lilith Saintcrow's Watcher Series. This time Elise, the rock n' roll "fire" Lightbringer is in the center of some big trouble. Luckily, Remy comes in as her Watcher to make sure she survives. (Does anybody else love that Remy has that cajun drawl to his voice? Honestly, every time I read this book I hear the guy who did the voice for Gambit on the '80s X-Men cartoon. FYI: He was also was the actor who played Caine's son on Kung Fu:The Legend Continues). Anyway, Elise's t ...more
Douglas Meeks
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book of the series and I think in some ways I liked it best. The heroine was not so stupid as her counterparts in the previous books and she had power she was not afraid to use which made it a bit better story for me.

Remy and Elise were an excellent couple and the interplay was perfect.

The story and the lead in for what I expect in the next book was done well with no feeling of a cliffhanger (which I would have hated)

Bottom Line: Excellent plot, excellent continuing overarching
Tonya Breck
I started out this book with such high hopes. The main character, who I couldn't stand in the first books, was actually understandable. While I didn't agree with her actions, I got where she was coming from. Then, of course, it's ruined by slipping back into the set up of weak, helpless little woman and a big, dangerous man who, while convinced that he's not worthy, also is convinced that the woman he loves cannot take care of herself. Even a woman who starts off strong, if angry, is reduced to ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Remy he was possessive without meaning to be, "mine. My witch. Thank the gods she's safe. That was too close for comfort." He knows how to calm his little witch down it just takes some coaxing, "we will find a way. I promise. You might cause a car accident if you keep making the windows steam up, hmmm? We will find something to do, Elise. Just trust me I promise, but for right now, tranquille, shh, hush..." I liked this book there's no naughtiness in it so it's safe for young adults to r ...more
Samantha
Fire Watcher was decent. Elise is out to push those who love her away. She's a strong heroine but it goes over the top and puts in her into a downward spiral. Then we have Remi who can sense powerful talismans. To me this one was better than Dark Watcher and Cloud watcher but I feel the characters annoying traits get exaggerated and you get tired of the hero and heroine almost acting like children and the world is so out to get them because they are gifted.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
i love elles, she has a great firey temper but never with one she love but she miss her friend and teacher suzanne. then remy turns up who she cant trust as he a watcher but he proves to her its her he is interested in and will protect her at all costs.

i read this book and enjoyed it so much i read it in a day.

its a must to read this series
Analouise Keating
Great dialogue and characters, but the plot had a certain flatness and, dare I say, triteness? (Extremely handsome man with a really bad past and guilt about this past devotes his life to protecting special women ["Lightbringers"], hoping to meet "his" special woman, who he will devote his life to protecting.)
Mara
May 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr

You see what she'll became (She being both character and author), but she's not there yet. Santiago and Abra were a nice surprise for the Dante Valenine's fan.

The plot is exactly the same of the previous two, and the next two books too. The heroine is slightly better, but it's potential only. At the end she's emasculated like the other ones. Pity.
Keziah
Jun 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-edit
I think this is my favourite so far, mostly because Elise is able to take care of herself and Remy. They're more of a team rather than the Watcher having to take care of the childish innocent Lightbringer
Yvonne
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this third in the series there is a shift from religious based evil (the crusade) to power and greed based evil (the brotherhood). The fire witch makes her own stand against the evil but the Watchers still prove their worth.
Ally
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, ebook
I loved loved loved this book. I loved the fire cracker attitude of the female role in this one and how she was slowly won over by her watcher and it was her job to protect him and everyone else.
Kassandra
Jun 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
re read
Serahae
Closer to two and a half stars. I liked Elise better than Mari, but that's not hard. The bits of French were okay, though the grammar was a bit off.
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT!! Love love love this series!! Independent women but lots of love interest and no smut.
Kitty
Oct 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a hateful character. Why didn't they just let it eat her?

• Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Dragon Tear (Agents of the Crown #5)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Duty Bound (Agents of the Crown #3)
  • Blood Ties (Agents of the Crown #2)
  • Eye of Truth (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • Shadow Warrior (Sky Raiders, #3)
  • Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)
  • Calling The Change (Sky Raiders #2)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • Ghost From the Grave (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #4)
  • IOU
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)
  • Hell's Bell (Lizzie Grace, #2)
  • The Truth About Magic
  • Once Bitten (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #1)
  • Queen’s Gambit (Dorina Basarab, #5)
Lilith Saintcrow was born in New Mexico, bounced around the world as a child, and fell in love with writing when she was ten years old. She and her library co-habitate in Vancouver, Washington.

The Watchers (5 books)
  • Dark Watcher (The Watchers, #1)
  • Storm Watcher (The Watchers, #2)
  • Cloud Watcher (The Watchers, #4)
  • Mindhealer (The Watchers, #5)

News & Interviews