Start by marking “10:37” as Want to Read:

10:37

In a single moment of time, ninety percent of the world’s population drops dead. Throats closing, they choke and unable to breathe… they die within seconds. It is just the beginning.

Judd Bryant, a survivor who does not succumb to the horrendous death, is a talented man with a zest for living. He faces his darkest hour until he finds a purpose in the form of Dawson, an eig
Published July 19th 2017

Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: Jacqueline Druga
Narrated by: Kyle Tait
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
This is not like any end of the world scenario I have ever read. It is unique and different which is always good. I loved the characters, (at least the building of them, some I didn't like at all, lol), and the plot. It is a shorter book but it came to a full conclusion and was very satisfying.
The narrator was great and kept the action, suspense, and hope up in the right times. Enjoyed
Sue
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: pa
An imaginative story spoiled by very poor proof-reading and editing, bad sentence structure and other mistakes - muddling character's names (Father Dawson), spelling errors and homonyms (waste / waist), for example. There was a simple, linear, short, yet interesting story in there and some well-portrayed characters and situations, which is why I read to the end (which didn't take long).

The 'zombie' theme was weird - were the 'starers' friendly or aggressive? They liked peanut butter sandwiches y
Stonebender
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
I'm guessing this book was self-produced. I'm getting a little tired of this, mainly because things like spelling and punctuation get missed. Some copyediting by a skilled editor would be nice. I didn't buy the explanation of why the world lost so many people. I didn't like the sorta kinda zombie stand-in in the story. I thought the loss of a character was not given enough background to make it important. So the death seems arbitrary. It was a quick read however and I like the subject matter wel ...more
Debbie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Disappointed. Meh. I could not tell you what this story is about.
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
This was a KU read about the end of the world. It started OK and then went downhill. No real explanation for the catastrophe that killed 99% of the people. No explanation as to why some people became 'trancers'. One of the heroes was killed. The epilogue indicated the trancers were still around. If they don't eat or sleep how did they survive. How did they survive the storms to begin with? So many questions........no answers.

2.5 ****
Rhonda
I've said this before, I wish she would concentrate more on quality than quantity.
Even though I love many of her books, this one left out so much and ended on a confusing note.
So much is left unexplained, and the ending felt rushed.
I still gave it four star though, because it kept my interest most of the way through and I really like her writing.
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: k-u, 2018
3.5 STARS

I really enjoyed this book. My only problem, I felt the ending was a bit rushed and I still have some questions.. But I will say it was a good read and I read in one sitting this is the second book I read by this author and I will be reading some more.
Anne
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Could have been a great story. Ruined by awful editing (if any). The characters sounded like robots, with no feeling or emotion, but that could have been fixed with editing and punctuation.
Brian's Book Blog
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-audiobooks
Death, Storms, and Travelling

3.5 out of 5 stars

I had to take a little time from finishing this book to gather my thoughts. I would say that the book was average with some parts that were a little better than average and others that were below, which of course… averages out. Druga writes a ton of Post-Apocalyptic stories with themes running from zombies to EMPs and even the return of God. The cover art on all of them is great (after posting I think I’ll look up who her artist is). And they always
Elena Alvarez Dosil
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Review originally published at: http://www.lomeraniel.com/audiobookre...

This book had a very dynamic start, showing from different POV how the “event” affected each one of the survivors that we meed in this book. It was quite cinematographic too, and allowed us to start knowing the characters without being overwhelmed.

I was not sure what to expect from this book, but beware: this is a zombies book. Maybe a different kind of zombies but zombies non the less. I didn’t completely buy the explanatio
Reeda Booke
It started out well until it fizzled, and the ending was anti-climatic. There weren't enough explanation of things like the Trancers and Dawson's special gifts. This story could have been so much more, but just ended up being ok. Good thing I read it thru the kindle unlimited program.
Brandon
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shtf-teotwawki
This book has potential to be a good story, but badly needs to be rewritten.

It would have been nice to find out exactly what had caused the seemingly induced natural event. It was sort of a blend of The Happening, The Day After Tomorrow, and The Crazies. Unfortunately, it fell short in all three concepts. The natural disaster side was about the best aspect of the book. The characters were conceptually good, but poorly executed; and the dialogue between them was wholly unrealistic.

This book real
Markus W
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked most of it well enough, but I'm still closer to giving it a 3 than I am to giving it a 5, because of two things:
(view spoiler)
Emily Bowman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing Read

I am a fan of Jacqueline Drugs, having read all her books, and this one does not disappoint. This is one of her faster paced novels, with action filled pages. Her characters are full of spunk, with one being hard to like,,,which for me is good. It is more realistic with characters that are hard to fathom, because if this happened in real life, disagreeable traits are going to come forth, sometimes intensively. I do have some lingering questions, such as 'why? How?', but the c
Linda
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting concept

I enjoyed the characters especially Judd and it was a very unique concept that caused the shift. My only problem was the trancers were never explained enough. I had no problem believing their minds were somehow wiped but it never explained why Tire Man helped Judd and saved the boy. Then later joined the others in wanting to kill them. There was some ESP things that were briefly expired but not in the depth necessary and it left me feeling a,but lost without enough information
Connie Nealy
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Page one

From page one, word one you are sucked in. I have read every one of Drug's books and this is definitely one of her best. 7 y/o Dawson is suddenly surrounded by a classroom of dead people. On his on he makes it home and makes contact with someone on the internet. Together they prepare for a new world, traveling and meeting new people. Follow their story of danger and survival.
Deb Randolph
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great one!

This is another "end of the world" story but it surprised me by its different scenarios. The characters were well developed and I felt for them every step of the way. I enjoy a book that pulls me in and makes me feel that I am there. If you like end of the world stories, you will love this one. I know I did!

Jay Ledbetter
Nov 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Good plot with a new(ish) spin

The plot was one I love - post apocalypse survivaI. I had high hopes and enjoyed it to a point. But I would suggest a good editor. There were word mixups like "lightening" for "lightning" for example. A little research also, because revolvers don't have clips. Flesh out your characters more. Above all - the editor. Gooo luck.
Gloria Vanier
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never disappoints!

This author makes characters fly off the page and right into your heart. Whether you love them or hate them, they're part of your life, and you feel for them! As this is one of my favorite authors, I love everything she writes and this one didn't disappoint! (Btw I like books with number titles)
Norma
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
( Format : audiobook ).
Call me Mr.Heston."
Eight years old Dawson is a bit of a dreamer, sometimes bullied and often in trouble at school. So when he wakes up and sees his classmates with their heads on their desks, he thinks that they were playing another trick on him, mimicking the way he had been sleeping. They weren't: they were all dead. And so was everyone else in his school and, when he finally ventured there, outside, too.
In another part of town, country music star, Judd, was reluctantly
Pam Shelton-Anderson
From a story point of view this would have been a solid 4. While the "science" behind how this happened (most people dying, some people rendered catatonic and the weather becoming so violent) is very weak, it was interesting to see how some of the survivors coped with the obstacles. This author's books usually have strong female characters, as did this one, but Morgan is very unlikable so the story is really carried by a six year old and his musician side kick. The book is quite hampered by so v ...more
Joanne
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the characters in this book. They were likeable, relatable, and funny, at times. Their interactions show some very real emotion between them.

That's about it. The explanation for the event makes no sense. It happens and then immediately reverses itself? Not possible. Actually, the event itself is not possible.

The title has one mention in the book and it's from a guy in Australia, so it matters nothing to the people in the US.

Are the walking quiet people supposed to make this some kind of
Christopher W Grant
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riveting

Few books in this genre have managed to make me want to follow the story line and characters for their own sake. These people were written as real humans. You're not forced to like any of them but if you're feeling compelled to like one...watch out. Kudos to Ms Druga for forsaking the traditional Young Adult narrative of love at 1st sight in the middle of the most horrifying events describable, and instead developing real characters and plot lines that hold our interest past the last pa
Holly
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, intriguing but disappointing

There are so many errors through this book I lost count, it could have been reviewed once more to help. There's so many unanswered questions and it doesn't really feel like the story ended, moving forward in time and giving a brief description of the characters didn't really cut it for me. I finished this in a day and is worth a read if you like apocalyptic shorts but I wouldn't hold your breath for anything that would blow you away.
Chris Yates
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different but very interesting

I really enjoyed this book. It is an apocalyptic tale without the usual ‘walking Dead’ format. There are twists that keep you guessing but it also leaves some things unanswered and allows you to come up with your own thoughts on what things could mean. Overall, I would definitely recommend this as a different yet enjoyable way to look at what apocalyptic life could be like.
Leslie L. Allen
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Not on par with Ms. Druga's other works

The story was engaging but she could have gone so much further with it. The proofreading left something to be desired. I would have given it a solid 2.5 stars, if I could have. Try some of her other work first if you are unfamiliar with her as an author.
Ed Manzi
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Inspiring apocalyptic tale of survival.

This book is good but it has had the potential to be really good, maybe great. Personally I would have spun this into three books/ adding additional characters. This Kindle edition needs to be copy edited, cleaned up. Several typos, a few minor mistakes. Druga is a fine writer.
PAUL CHIODO
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good story

I really enjoy apocalyptic novels. This one was somewhat different as some of the main people didn't get along & one was even a "coward". I like that it wasn't a long drawn out story just for the sake of making it a 350 pg. book. I recommend this as a quick & enjoyable read.
lana simons
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I love J Druga's apocalyptic stories. She usually has a strong female lead. In this one it was not one defined leader. I like that even though it's a dark story there is still hope. I also thought it was interesting that this apocalypse could be caused by unintentional means.
Lois Appelbaum
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A new world

I knew as soon as I read the first page! Oh yes, this is a page turner! I kept turning until I finished
It. The world in this book is real. The people were not just characters, they too felt real. I finished it in a single sitting. I can only repeat my great grands after a treat. More... More!!!!

Lois A

T
  • Nightfall
  • Primal Shift: Part 1
  • Trust
  • This Plague of Days, Season Three
  • Call Me Joe
  • Unraveling (The Immune #1)
  • Solar Flare
  • By the Light of a Thousand Stars
  • After the Event (After the Event #1)
  • Dead Days: Episode One (Dead Days Season One #1)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • The God Hater
  • The Black Tide - Remnants (Tides of Blood, #1)
  • Nature's End
  • The Ocean of Years (The Chronicles of Solace, #2)
  • Victim Zero
  • Ashes of the World (The World Burns #2)
“Ross had a small ax and nearly a fully clip in his revolver” 0 likes