Start by marking “Good Angel (Good Angel #1)” as Want to Read:
Good Angel (Good Angel #1)

Good Angel

(Good Angel #1)

Iofiel is an ideal candidate to become a guardian angel, and help steer humans away from sin: she's helpful, cheery, and utterly loyal. And, as the 'angel of beauty', it's not like she has anything better to do.

Heaven and Hell long ago ran out of space: there's too many humans these days, so both have come to a shaky truce – one school sheltered in the forests of Canada, h
Published August 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Good Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Angel

E.

This book is April's Sapphic Book Club read hosted by @sapphicliterature.

"Humans are good."
"I know that, Blue. We literally exist to serve them."
"Yeah, but..." Iofiel was all at once too overwhelmed to think. "I love them."

The beginning of this book got me invested instantly and I loooved how it ended but I struggled with the middle for about 20 days... \_(ツ)_/

Iofiel is an angel who befriends an imp and makes some unangelic decisions because of it. Also, there's The Apocalypse happening at som
RoAnna Sylver
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
“Humans are good.”
“I know that, Blue. We literally exist to serve them.”
“Yeah, but...” Iofiel was all at once too overwhelmed to think. “I love them.”

* * *

So, this was my original review: "...Phoebus staring up at ceiling, bemused and overwhelmed with So Much.jpg" (Because I don't know how to put images/GIFs in my reviews like Fancy people do.) I stand by it. I knew this would be a BIG one too, hence it taking a while. And it is.

Seriously, I'm overwhelmed with this still (which goes nicely wit
BadassCmd
This book was provided for free as the April's Sapphic Book Club read hosted by sapphicbookclub.

I liked the idea of this book and it had some very interesting concepts about the purposes of angels and demons and how they work by themselves but also in coexistence. So the world building is a plus for me in this book.

But still I didn't really connect with the story or the characters.
Some of the side characters were pretty interesting and I liked the appearances of the Morningstar, that was fun.
B
Lucille
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m always looking for books set in university and when I saw on twitter that this one (described as “Fangirl meets Good Omens"!) was set on an university for demons and angels I was quick to jump on the chance to read and review it!

“Wait until you know what essays are.”
“I know what essays are, and I am afraid.”

At first I had a bit of a hard time getting into the story. I was a bit taken aback by the main character, an angel born only a few days ago but not entirely lacking any knowledge to func
Lia
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I went into this book knowing close to nothing about it. I knew it was about angels and demons and that it had aro-ace representation. As someone who identifies as aro-ace, I was very excited to read an ownvoices book with that representation. I was so ready to finally read about that aro-ace character that I’ve been basically dreaming of, one that I could actually relate to. Sadly, that didn’t happen. More about that later.

Iofiel is a (new) angel and she’s a very naive, innocent character, I th
A.M. Blaushild
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Alexa
This book was April 2018's Sapphic Book Club read hosted by @sapphicliterature.

‘Hey baby, did it hurt when The Light carved you from stardust and burned wings of bone onto your back?’

*vague hand gestures*

So, we have Iofiel, an angel who joins a course meant for demons to help a friend, and thus ends up kinda stuck between the two sides that are meant to be enemies. We also have a shitton of angel lore, including sexuality and gender.

All angels are originally meant to be "triple A" -- asexual, ar
Jasmin
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was read for Sapphic Book Club, hosted by sapphicliterature. Like usual, there are some spoilers ahead!

While I greatly enjoyed this book, I still gave it four stars instead of five. Simply because I had few problems along the journey and I rarely feel comfortable with five. I'd probably give this 4.5 if it was possible. In general, the book was really amazing. It was easy to read, and I probably would’ve read in one day if I wasn’t too exhausted with life. This was quite a surprise, to
Phoenix
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

This was the April Sapphic book of the month for the Sapphic book club.

I can't figure out how to properly express how much and why I love this book so dearly, but I will try. It has an amazing and fascinating world, with queer representation and a little exploration of gender and sexuality. And the characters, oh the characrers! They're all beautiful and flawed but they're trying and feel real. The protagonist especially speaks to some deep inner feelings I didn't know I had, and I can't recomme
Claudie Arseneault
This is one of the most difficult review I’ve had to write in... quite a while. Maybe ever. I went into GOOD ANGEL knowing I had in my hands an indie novel with more than one asexual and aromantic character, from an author who was on both spectrum, and I knew it dealt explicitly with exploration and questioning through the story. Two author friends had enjoyed it. I was more than ready to fall in love.

And at first I did. Iofiel is sweet and naive and only really wants to help everyone, and Archi
frey
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
(probably more of a 4.5) this was the sapphic book club’s april book of the month! it was like nothing i’ve ever read before, and that’s probably why i enjoyed it so much! it’s such an original concept and i found it fascinating. also the characters (i love the characters)! the ending had me so Shook, i need that sequel!!
Harker
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The premise for this book is what convinced me to accept the author's request to review it. Heaven and Hell making a truce, angels and demons forced together in a University setting, and then that one pair that throws a wrench in everything.

Iofiel, the angel that is one of the main characters, seemed like she'd be a really good MC for an anime. I could easily picture her as the cheerful sort transferring to a new school, dealing with an uptight roommate, and making the "wrong" friend. It was int
Fernanda F.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Angel is... really, one of my favorite books. I read it before revision and publishing and right now I CAN'T WAIT to buy a physical copy for myself, I can't wait to read the revised version. I want it on my shelves. I want it right next to my The Host and my Good Omens and my thousand The Sims 2 CDs.
I don't know what to say! GA is absurdly sweet and also terrible sometimes, speaking of my poor, poor heart; the characters are all beautiful and well-built and they are all my children, and som
Jess
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable. This book is a stay-up-all-night-to-finish-it sort of book, and worth every minute. The beginning is slow, but once Iofiel and Archie become friends, you can sense the plot building with every page, every paragraph, every word – you can sense it building into something bigger, something that will shake up the universe, and it does. It’s done in a beautifully reverent manner, written with the kind of focus and care that should be dedicated to characters who are supposedly fighting ...more
Mary
I had quite a... difficult time getting invested in Good Angel. I didn't form a connection with the characters and the slice of college life narrative did not have me interested at all. This might just be the issue of it's not you, it's me kind of deal going on.

But this is also book one. I'm known for having an issue with the first book in a series because typically the first book is a lot of build up; a lot of world building and character building and, for the most part, just very slow burning.
iam
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unlimited, a-spec
Really amazing idea with fascinating worldbuilding and interesting characters. The focus of the plot was not as I expected and at times I had a hard time following what was going on, and generally the motivations of the characters' actions and alignments were lacking.
I liked the concept of the "triple A" angels (agender, asexual and aromatic) as the ideal, and the various variations of that we see here, as well as the protagonist questioning her own identity. I'm hesitant to say there i
USOM
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-tbr
This was such a great combination of amazing themes, compelling and diverse characters, and a plot that has larger implications. I adored the explorations of free will and goodness. Iofiel herself is a character that sticks with you either because you could be frustrated by her actions, or touched by her decisions. You end up loving her either way. Not to mention there are fantastic side characters, Archie and the other demons being my faves. There is ownvoices representation, asexuality, and et ...more
Sophia
May 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was provided as April's Book of the month for http://sapphicbookclub.tumblr.com/

I had a lot of trouble connecting with the story or the characters. At first, I found Iofiel's innocence to be endearing but as the story went on her naivety started to grate on my nerves.
Lara Mori
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
amazing story with lovely characters, fun developments and interesting worldbuilding. it was a quite enjoyable reading and I recommend it to absolutely everyone
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
There was times that I wish there was more action, but I still really enjoyed this book. This book could turn into a good movie. I enjoyed this book enough that I will look for the next sequel.
James
Sep 06, 2017
T.
Feb 08, 2018
Pauline allen
rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2017
  • Farm Boys: Lives of Gay Men from the Rural Midwest
  • Summer Song
  • Compass Rose
  • Catching Teller Crow
  • Death by Silver (Julian Lynes and Ned Mathey, #1)
  • Notes of a Desolate Man
  • When We Speak of Nothing
  • Crystal Boys
  • The Arizona Kid
  • Transforming: The Bible & the Lives of Transgender Christians
A. M. is an enjoyably optimistic young'un (if that is the proper term) who, like many authors, seems to find some fun in writing.

Good Angel (2 books)
  • Bad End (Good Angel #2)