Start by marking “The Gift Stone (The Gifted, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Gift Stone (The Gifted, #1)

The Gift Stone (The Gifted, #1)

When her village is threatened by the evil Takano Rynn, leader of the Ruling Order, Rita defeats him in battle and believes him to be dead. She leaves her temple life behind to join the masses of Central City, where she befriends members of the Opposition including Parrin, Star and the little robot Beeps. But is Takano Rynn really dead? Or will he return for his revenge?
Published July 19th 2017 by Bianca Watson

Start your review of The Gift Stone (The Gifted, #1)
Joan Mettauer
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AN EPIC FANTASY!! The Gift Stone, Book One of The Gifted Series, is a masterfully written, fast-paced and intense YA Fantasy that brings to mind great dystopian tales such as The Hunger Games and Divergent. By the end of Chapter Three I was completely enraptured by Rita, a simple Temple Girl whose fearless and determined nature continues to be challenged by the dark and mysterious Takano Rynn throughout the story. Young Rita has an appealing softness to her though, which becomes evident when she ...more
K.J. Simmill
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bianca Rowena brings you a story which could be straight from Star Wars in The Gift Stone.
The Gift Stone is the first book in Bianca Rowena's The Gifted series. Rita was raised by the temple as a temple girl, but following an encounter with Takano Rynn, leader of the dark army she fed to the obscurity of Central City, where she could be lost to the crowds. Takano had been on a rampage, murdering anyone within the temples, and any who would dare oppose him, all in search of the Gift Stone. It wa
Linda Penner
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is not my usual genre, but I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to read it - highly recommend, and looking forward to more in the series!
Linda Penner, author of, A Hitman Is Cheaper Than Divorce!
Jenna Greene
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you like Star Wars but want more females, more romance, and more than just fan fiction, check out this book.
Marlene
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Gift Stone” Book One, by Bianca Rowena was a very enjoyable read. This fantasy had me hooked by the second chapter and it became harder to put the book down. Science fiction also prevails, leading you into the future when a galaxy of many planets were colonised leaving various planets to become hiding places. As a result, flying a spaceship was as common for everyone as driving a car. Each chapter is shadowed by a unique robot who is so compassionate that you can’t help but want to own a sp ...more
Patty
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me as a gift and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading it. Rowena has crafted a very likeable character in Rita, which makes it easy to be immersed in her dilemmas. One of my favourite young adult reads to date and sure to be a favourite for many young readers. I can't wait for Book Two of the Gifted Series to be released.
Caitlin Farley
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rita is running one morning when she sees soldiers of the Ruling Order headed for the Temple she calls home. She hides in the trees and does what she can to distract the soldiers, even fighting Takano Rynn himself. She defeats the leader of the Ruling Order and flees, leaving him to die. Central City becomes a refuge for Rita as she leaves the Temple behind. Murderers aren’t welcome in the Temples. A pair of kind strangers, Parrin and Star, helps Rita through her first day in the city but unexpe ...more
Margaret Hanson
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can’t say it was terrible. I got this book at a small town festival while up north visiting some family friends. I’d never read anything self published so I thought I would try it. I don’t think this book was my cup of tea at all. Not good. I feel bad rating it low because of that lack of reviews here but someone needs to give a heads up.
Maliya
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over all, it was a very good book. I loved the characters and the plot, but the one thing that I didn't really understand was how major plot points weren't narrated, and the characters are the one that let the reader know what happened in dialog. Other than that, it was a fantastic book.
Emily
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Hooded figures emerge from the fog, advancing with military-like precision. I recognize their cloaks.

It's the dark army of Takano Rynn."

This was a really great read and perfect for someone who wants an exciting page-turner with lots of romance.

In Rowena's "The Gift Stone", the young Rita defeats the evil Takano Rynn and then must flee her home as a result. As she explores places she's never been, she discovers that she has a strange gift.

I'd say t
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-to-read
Amazing book for such a young writer!
Daniel Evans
Dec 07, 2017
Andraya Bitschy
is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2018
Bianca Rowena was born in Romania, Transylvania and has enjoyed writing from a young age. She now lives in Canada, which is the setting and inspiration for her novels. She lives with her daughter and husband in Southern Alberta.