Start by marking “Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)

Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  1,136 Ratings  ·  309 Reviews
Protecting a celebrity in Hollywood isn’t easy, but protecting Emily could break his heart.

Emily enjoys all the perks of fame—the parties, the glamour, the tours—but they’ve brought her back to the attention of a dangerous ex-boyfriend hell bent on getting her back.

Enter Carter Kincaid, a bodyguard so crushingly sexy he takes her breath away.

Carter’s the best in the busine
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 330 pages
Published November 14th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bodyguard

.Under the pages

Dear friend…

As you know, today was my day off. And guess what? I just spent the entire day devouring Bodyguard by C.D. Reiss! The book was just dreamy!

So, basically, we have Carter Kincaid, the bodyguard, and Emily, a choreographer for pop stars. And I know what you’re thinking right now: Carter is Emily’s bodyguard! Well, you’re wrong. Just as I was. Emily’s best friend is Darlene Mckenna, a Hollywood singer and she’s the one who hired Carter to protect her.

But, even though Carter was
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Enter Carter Kincaid, a bodyguard so crushingly sexy he takes her breath away.
Carter’s the best in the business and Emily is—professionally speaking—off-limits. But when it comes to stirring his desires, she’s hit
Amazon US * Amazon UK

3.5 Stars

Bodyguard is the second book in C.D Reiss' Hollywood A-List series but can be read as a complete standalone. The book follows Emily, a choreographer for her best friend, and the bodyguard assigned to her when it becomes apparent that her ex isn't going to leave her alone. Carter is all about the job, focused and hardworking he's not one to fool around when he's protecting someone. But when he's with Emily she's the only thing on his mind and makes him want
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dual-pov, famous

“He appeared like a white knight, unshaven, unshowered, ready to do battle for the people he loved. He exuded manliness and safety, like a king swearing to protect the realm.

It was a beautiful thing and yet, troubling. I didn’t know where my place was in his kingdom, or if I wanted a place in it at all.”

CD Reiss is one author I have been meaning to read for a while now. I generally enjoy my Hollywood based love stories and the synopsis sounded really interesting with the whole stalker aspec
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: C.D. Reiss Fans, Romances
4.5 Needing to Break Free Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
Ok, Stop Right There...Yes, it is hard not to breakout in song and sing the chorus of the Dolly Parton/ Whitney Houston theme...But Don't! This book is not your average Bodyguard deal. There are twists which start from the beginning and continue throughout.

The main theme, in my mind, is not the obvious... There is more than the watching out for the "Target" and then getting involved with said Target.

No... there is the close inspection of w
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it

✮ ✮ ✮ 4 STARS ✮ ✮ ✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

I have been a fan of CD Reiss' storytelling since her Song of Submission series. This series is a lot less angsty than SOS but not less captivating. I adored the first, Bombshell, in this series and though we always compare books to previous works and this one wasn't a five star book for me Bodyguard was still highly entertaining.

Emily is a choreographer for her best friend and superstar. She has given up her career for her then-boyfriend who
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review

‘Bodyguard,’ is the latest STANDALONE story from the, ‘Hollywood A-list,’ series of CD Reiss. It’s everything I wanted it to be and so much more all exposed in a beautiful first-person narrative that toggles between the perspective of the hero and heroine. Full of swoon and magic, heart and soul. It captures the contemporary romance trope to absolute and stunning perfection and totally pulled me into the romance of the protagonists who both have rich, engaging histories that authentically
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Tiny Dancer” Stars

A perfect stand-alone contemporary romance. The right mix of angst, sexual tension, and romance. A story that brings two people together whose life isn’t perfect. A Bodyguard who never mixes business with pleasure and a choreographer whose life got derailed by her crazy ex. When these two meet, can they risk the feelings they feel or will the risk of their feelings be their undoing?

Carter Kincaid, the sexy, brooding, professional bodyguard whose assignment becomes Emily Barr
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, single-parent
3.5 Stars

Bodyguard is a standalone and is part of the Hollywood A-List series. You can read the books out of order. I sort of enjoyed the first book. I did it on audio format so it was a different experience for me. I decided to give Bodyguard a go because it’s a single daddy book. I LOVE single parent books.

Bodyguard wasn’t bad and it wasn’t good, it was just okay for me. I think it’s because I’m not too fond of C.D. Reiss’ writing style. I can see why a lot of people love this author so this i
C.D. Reiss
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My book, my stars :)
I hope you like it too
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Hold me closer tiny dancer" Elton John, "Tiny Dancer"

The first thing I must make clear from the outset of my review is that I am an unabashed, complete and utter fan of C. D. Reiss. While "Bodyguard" can be appreciated at face value for its enticing and well developed characters, steamy romance delivering all the lovely "feels" and of course an interesting story that simply would not let me go until I finished the book....The reader can also find the difference between good writing and "inspire
Oct 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, who doesn’t love the whole ‘bodyguard falling in love with his charge’ trope? And when CD Reiss is behind it all…HELL YES, it’s going to be FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! AND with a setting like Hollywood…there is nothing that could have kept me away! Emily and Carter’s romance took me to heaven and back, and I just want to experience it over and over again. Not only did I absolutely DEVOUR this read, I don’t think I’ve read so fast in my life! I just wanted to take it all in as fast I could because i ...more
**Bodyguard generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "You are under my protection." Stars

This book showcases everything I love most about the stories of C.D. Reiss. A standalone, contemporary romance qualifying as one of her best romances to date. There wasn't a single part of the book I didn't absolutely adore. From her construction of the plot arc blended with her astute settings, to her development of engaging characters, to the sharp focus of he
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its no secret that we, at BookBistroBlog utterly adore CD reiss's writing. Her books are a promise of excellent stories, very detailed and thoroughly researched plot and a new outlook to same old emotions of love and heartbreak. We get a ringside seat to Hollywood Circus in her new standalone series of Hollywood A-list in book 2.
Every celebrity has a bodyguard to protect themselves from stalkers, haters, crazy fans, groupies, clingy autograph seekers, lurkers, paparazzi, you name it, they have
Here's my review:
I had started this book and then had to stop (pause) when I received a library book with a short period of time left.
I don't like starting/stopping/switching books midstream. I like to stay in the same world-until I'm finished.
I went right back to the story and continued to enjoy it.
This is first person POV alternating between Carter & Emily. (Slightly more of Emily's POV)
Emily is a choreographer for singer/dancer Darlene. Emily and Darlene are BFFs since childhood. Emily c
J. Grayland
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Carter Kincaid is a bodyguard to pop diva Darlene McKenna and her best friend Emily is her choreographer, Emily once herself a raising star gave it all away for a boyfriend who turned out to be a total nightmare and now Emily's ex has become her stalker and the very private life of Carter Kincaid is going to get turned upside down when he feels the need to protect Emily. Carter has a hard time trying to separate business from pleasure because he has a secret life that he's having a hard time sha ...more
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Here’s what you get when you pick up a novel by CD Reiss: A book that is well researched and planned. A sexy and emotional story that will hit you right in the feels. But most of all, a book that is well written! Bodyguard is just that!

Here’s the breakdown: Emily is best friends and choreographer to a huge star. Her glamorous lifestyle leads to a her having a stalker ex-boyfriend who refuses to take no for an answer. Enter Carter Kincaid, the best security system money can buy. He’s the best in
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!!! CD Reiss is one of my favorite writers!!! This book had all the feels! It’s the deeper meaning behind what appear to be simple interactions b/t the characters, that actually make you feel SO much more!! I devoured this book! It was funny, emotional, suspenseful, sexy, and a bit angsty, which I love and hate simultaneously! Carter and Emily were perfect for each other, & a certain boy stole the scenes for me making me laugh & cry! I will recommend this book and he ...more
Beneath The Covers Blog
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2017-reads
Full review can be found HERE -->

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.* ~Sonal
Mindy Lou's Book Reviews
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
I love when I don’t know where a book is going to take me. Bodyguard was not at all what I was expecting. These two have so much baggage in their life. This book was all about seeing them struggle to be normal when neither of their situations were, all the while trying to act on the attraction they have for each other. This is one of those books that will make you laugh, cringe and maybe even cry a little. It was life.

Hero: Carter is the bodyguard to the heroines best friend and then becomes he
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Emily and Darlene have been friends since they were in 3rd grade and have always had a shared love of dancing and singing. This is what led them to LA, where Darlene is now a very successful pop star. Emily is her choreographer but tends to shy away from the limelight after an awful relationship break up with a possessive guy who has now morphed into her crazy personal stalker.

Darlene is about to go on tour so they are really busy preparing the for the shows and because of the stalker issues see
Eva LeNoir
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let's be clear about something.
I call dibs on Carter.
End of.
Let me tell you why.
Fiction is about losing yourself in a story, living vicariously through characters and fitting yourself inside somehow. We want to see our characters evolve and reach new, more promising heights. We want them to suffer a little in order to appreciate the HEA that authors give them.
Sometimes, characters start out less than stellar. A bit aloof or downright insuffrerable.
Carter is a man's man. The kind of man every p
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List #2)
By: C.D. Reiss
4.5 Stars

If there is one thing about C.D. Reiss books, her words are unlike any other. Something about her writing style, it pulls you in from the get go. Bodyguard is no exception.

Here we have 2 best friends who moved to California to live the dream. The dream that so many head out to California for. While Darlene is a Rockstar, Emily is her choreographer. Being in the spotlight, security is mandatory.

Carter is that bodyguard with baggage. Like big
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
First, let me say, I love the covers of the books in this series!

Emily is the choreographer for her best friend and trying to stay out of the limelight as much as possible even though she had always dreamed of singing and dancing and being center stage. However, a past relationship with a possessive arrogant idiot has left her hiding in the background in fear.

Enter Carter Kincaid......OMG, could he have a sexier name!! I loved it!

Her friend assigns Carter to protect her after her ex continues t
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
So I am either really becoming super picky over what I am reading anymore or I am just finding books to be just ok for me lately. And that is not good, at all.

I did not read the first book in this series (you do not need to) but I did read her other previous release, King of Code, and I really enjoyed that book. But I found myself struggling to get into the Bodyguard. And I can't pinpoint any one thing, I think it was a bunch of things for me.

The story line was nice. While I enjoyed the push and
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love CD Reiss' Hollywood A listers. It's a place populated by stars and everyone it takes to make us love them. Bodyguard is all about Carter, the best of the best when it comes to celebrity bodyguards, and, in a great little twist, Emily, a choreographer who could've made it as big as her best friend Darlene McKenna, a superstar singer modeled after every diva singer turned actress minus the drug use and bad behavior, turns out to be his assignment. The roadblock in Emily's career wasn't a la ...more
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks
3.5/5 stars

Bodyguard is book two in the Hollywood A-List series. However this book is a complete standalone. There is only one small mention of a character from book 1 (Bombshell). But it is completely not relevant to the story at all.

Bodyguard is an adult contemporary romance. It is my first book by this author.

The narrators are Emily and Carter (1st person POVs).

Emily is a choreographer for her best friend mega-star Darlene. Carter works as a bodyguard.

I absolutely loved Emily and Darlene's fr
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle

4.5 Size of My Fist CROWNS

With the many different elements of sexual chemistry, romance, and suspense, Bodyguard by CD Reiss had me not only enamored with Carter and Emily but flipping the pages in anticipation of how their story would end.

Boy, oh, boy. I’m not sure I have loved a CD Reiss hero this much since Dash Wallace. Carter Kincaid is EVERYTHING!! The protective nature of being a bodyguard makes him uber-sexy, like he emits strip down in front of him, I
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
★4 Stars! Bodyguard...
“I wanted to hear her sing more than anything. I wanted to hear her open up her soul, then tell her she was a star. I wanted to be the one to heal what he’d broken”
She was special. A million pretty girls in Los Angeles, but the tiny dancer was something else.
C.D. Canaries: November Bodyguard Giveaway Challenge! 54 38 Dec 07, 2017 11:23PM
C.D. Canaries: BODYGUARD GIVEAWAY! 7 15 Oct 18, 2017 12:14AM
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that
More about C.D. Reiss...

Hollywood A-List (2 books)
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
“I wanted to hug him and slap him, in that order.” 0 likes