Start by marking “The Demonic” as Want to Read:
The Demonic

The Demonic

DANNI MORGAN THOUGHT SHE KNEW FEAR, BUT SHE IS ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS TO BE TRULY AFRAID

Years ago a young girl ran away from her childhood home and vowed never to go back. It was a place of fear, pain and misery at the hands of an abusive father.

But now Danni's father is dead and she is forced to break her vow and return home - to lay his body to rest and face up to
Published July 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Demonic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Demonic

Start your review of The Demonic
RedemptionDenied
3.5 stars.

This was quite an enjoyable, spooky, creepy, haunting tale, about a family of four: Jon,, Danni, Leah and Alex - who head (reluctantly for Danni) to Bishop's Hill, so Danni can lay her father to rest - and take care of business - with her newly inherited property, which she has no interest in.

It's a place, Danni Morgan escaped from years earlier, because of her abusive father; and now, she's going back in the hope of putting the past behind her. Her husband, Jon, believes it'll be
Kimberly
THE DEMONIC: A Supernatural Horror Novel, is the first book I've read by author Lee Mountford. What an incredible introduction this was to his work! We start off with Danni Morgan, her husband Jon, and their two children, Leah and Alex. As they are traveling to Danni's hometown of Bishop's Hill--a place she ran away from due to her father's horrific abuse--we learn that the purpose of the trip is to bury her hated father, and check out the homestead she inherited before putting it on the market. ...more
Shaina
Edit : I didn’t know there were other books written in this universe at the time. I have read the first and I have the one after this ready to go. I liked how freaky the first one was. I’m starting to like the author. :) 6/2019

Um. Always carry your own copy of keys. Mmhmm. Yes, Bc you might need a back up. Marriage is a team effort these days, remember: this is not the days of the cavemen ! So, one person doesn’t decide how the other adult deals with difficult x10 issues steeped back in early
Angel Gelique
When Danni Morgan's father passes away, she inherits her childhood home. Though she's not the least bit eager to return, her husband, Jon, convinces her that it's for the best--that it will bring closure to old, unhealed wounds. She and her family plan to spend a night there while they get things in order and place the house on the market. Almost immediately, weird things begin to happen--from ghostly encounters to dubious mishaps. Though Danni suspects that something is very wrong, Jon insists ...more
Marie
This book took me for a scary ride! Stayed up late last night finishing the book around one in the morning as it escalated from halfway into the book till the end. The book is about a woman that attends her fathers funeral and goes back home to the house where she grew up. Her and her family arrive at the home and decided to stay there for a little while.

What she doesn't know is that the house has entities, plus a demonic one that rules the house and property. The storyline and characters grab
WendyB
Aug 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary | Empathy Shouldn't Be That Hard To Understand, People.
I picked up The Demonic because I’m part of the Horror Aficionados group on Goodreads, and this was one their group reads. In one of my rare tries at being part of a group, I decided to join in and do the read-along. And then I promptly finished the book in a handful of hours and the whole thing felt pointless. But, hey, I tried!

The Demonic got off to a strong start with me. Due to some of Danni’s previous history, there was a ‘nice’ heavy oppressive atmosphere that I could feel weighing down on
Johann
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!!!

Danni has to go back to her childhood home to bury her father and also try to find closure.
Danni and her family have to also deal with malevolent ghosts from the past as well as a creepy entity that lives in the mill on the property.
Will the family find the closure they seek or simply become one of the ghosts that haunt the place? Pick this up!!!!
Bill
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review."

Reviews appear to be a bit mixed for this one. I listened to it on audio and really enjoyed it. I thought the story was well done and I thought Hannibal’s narration was spot on. Nice.

3.5 Stars rounded up to 4 based on entertainment value and strong narration.

Jen from Quebec :0)
A grisly tale, based in part on a real-life story of murder on a farm in England in the 1600s. A story of a family facing off against a demonic presence on the old family farm they've inherited. I liked the story a lot, until the end- the entire book was a slow build and then BANG!- the end seemed way too rushed and inadequate after the huge build. Bummer. --Jen from Quebec :0)
Latasha
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
**I received this audiobook in exchange for a honest review**

ok, first off- Hannibal Hills (yes that's what audible says) did a GREAT job narrating this book. sexy accent and he does a good, creepy voice for the ghost. I like it! the recording was great, top quality.
This is the first thing I've read or listened to by Lee Mountford and wow! He just throws you right in and does not waste any time. The story is well written, flows easy and is creepy. In the audio version (don't know if it's in
Paul Flint
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first Lee Mountford book ive read, was surprisingly disappointed, considering its rave reviews. The premise of the novel is a good one, but its execution leaves a lot to be desired. It picked up pace and fright scares towards the end, but don't go into this novel with high expectations . I found it average at best
Rose
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror-murder
Danni escaped from a horrible home when she was young. Now, with family in tow, she reluctantly heads back to bury her father and settle the estate. What Danni didn’t know was that her father wasn’t always evil and cruel, he was once a loving husband and father, until they moved to Bishop’s Hill. There was an evil there waiting for new souls...and Danni is now unknowingly bringing it more.

The flow was great and the characters seemed quite real and relatable. The slow change in personalities from
Fatimah Gunn
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW

I am SPEECHLESS!!!!! This book grabs you and won't let go. The best part is that it seems so real! It is truly one of the best horror books I have read. This family has no idea of the scares and pure terror that awaits them. And the ending....WOW.......you just have to read to find out!!!!
Duncan Thompson
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The scariest tale of a haunting since The Shining.
Danni Morgan returns to Bishops Hill after she inherits her late, estranged father's farm house - the house she grew up in and fled, never to look back, as a teenager. She returns with her family to handle the estate, but ends up not only battling her personal demons, but also those of a literal sense. Lee Mountford is a masterful story teller, building layer upon layer of tension and drama leading to an explosive conclusion. Lee slowly draws you
AudioBookReviewer
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My original The Demonic audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Danni Morgan has returned to her childhood home where her mother left her and her father tortured and molested her. Returning to bury her hated father, Danni brings her supportive husband and two children to her father’s funeral. There she encounters a demonic evil so great and consuming that no one is safe from its touch. No one and her life is about to change yet once again as she faces the demonic evil
Katherine
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
Not a difficult read. It was entertaining in the way cliche, genre fiction is entertaining: you know exactly where to go in order to scratch that genre itch. And in that way, this book succeeds.

Don't expect anything groundbreaking: not in the writing style, the story, or characters. Stock characters included the technologically-absorbed daughter, the disabled son who resents needing looked after, Mr. Fix-It Dad, and the aloof mother with daddy issues.

The actual horror scenes were good enough to
Mari-Elena Shelley
Mar 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I feel like maybe I read a different book to some reviewers. This is not a good book. It doesn't matter if a story has been told 1000 times before if you tell it well. However, this wasn't, it was just really bad. The writing is bad, the attempt at American style English is painful and misplaced, the characters are so cringe and hack, the plot development is dreadful. The characters are so unreal that there is nothing to relate to that makes this exciting, suspenseful, interesting etc. In ...more
Julie Pfleuger
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lots of up's, but far more let down's.

I have to admit I didn't care for this story very much. It had very good leads in's but when it came to the climax , I left very let down. It didn't hold up to my standards.
Brenda Shuffield
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not very scary

I don't recommend this book. I did not find it scary. It was too predictable. Even the ending was predictable.
Dez Nemec
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, horror
"Death is a part of life," Jon said. "And, unfortunately, it comes to us all."

Danni has packed her family into their SUV to make the 250-mile trip to her hometown for her father's funeral . She hasn't spoken to her father in 20 years, but Jon, her husband, thinks it will be good for her to face her past and go back home. For the record, I HATED Jon.

Immediately upon arriving, the solicitor that meets the family is acting weird. Alex, the couple's son, sees an old woman dressed in black standing
Karrie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Horror story by Lee Mountford

The main story, " The Demonic" by Mountford was very good and I recommend it to lovers of the Horror Genre everywhere. Wonderful characters and plot development. I would give that book alone 5stars! I understand he wanted to help his blokes by adding their short stories as an added bonus. Unfortunately for me, they took something away from the original book. The first one. I can't remember much about except I was confused by the ending. Can't even remember the
Stewart Sternberg
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is one of those ghost stories where you ask what the hell people are doing staying where they are. Maybe we can rationalize that they are being influenced by something demonic that is warping their collective judgement.
Andi M.
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
A gory haunted house story that needed more character development and nuance in the storytelling.
Jason M
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good Ghost/Demonic possession story

I thought this was a good Supernatural Horror story.
I like how it started off very gory and twisted, but it just didn’t stay very gory throughout the book. It was definitely worth reading and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. Characters were likable, except obviously when they were possessed, and it had a pretty good ending. It’s not the scariest thing I’ve read but I would definitely recommend giving it a shot.
Linda Arnold
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
The idea was great but not enough detail for me.
Jessica Morgan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I did not find this book scary. The characters were annoying. The most interesting parts were what the author based on real historical events.
Jessie Milligan-Taylor
Just meh. There were a couple of creepy moments, but overall not very scary. The characters weren't really that compelling and I almost didn't finish the book. I put it down for four months, and was able to pick it back up and it didn't really matter if I remembered that much detail, the storyline was pretty generic.
Peter
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Danni Morgan and her family are returning to her home town of Bishop Hills. Danni's father had just passed away and Danni is returning home to put things in order. Danni, returns to this house, where she grew up with many horrible memories. After Danni's mother died, her father was never the same. He turned violent and lost all his patients with his daughter. Danni left home, and never looked back. She had not spoke to her father in almost twenty years. Danni, wanted to put the old farmhouse up ...more
Ami
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Years ago, Danni ran away from her childhood home and vowed to never go back. It is a place of pain and fear at the hands of her abusive father. Danni's father is now dead and she is forced to break her vow and return home to put the ghost of her past behind her. But Danni is about to find that some ghosts are more real than others. Something beyond her understanding is waiting for her at home.

Straight out of the gate, this book had 2 strikes against it - children and animal death for no real
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The House of Long Shadows (House of Souls #1)
  • Escape!
  • Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
  • The Occupant (Afterlife Investigations, #3)
  • The Haunting of Lannister Hall
  • Asylum (Afterlife Investigations, #1)
  • Forest (Afterlife Investigations, #2)
  • House Beneath the Bridge (A horror novel)
  • Dark Ride
  • Rookwood Asylum: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters (Asylum Series Book 1)
  • Nightmare Abbey (Nightmare Series Book 1)
  • I Just Want You To Be Happy
  • Mosquito Man (World's Scariest Legends Book 1)
  • Sick House
  • A Suburban Haunting
  • Malefic (House of Souls #2)
  • The Splendor of Fear
  • Beyond
I am a new author with a love of Horror.

Of course, other genres float my boat as well; Sci-Fi, Thrillers, pretty much any Dark Fiction, but Horror is what I call home.

My first novel, Horror in the Woods, was released on 5th May, and the second, The Demonic, on the 18th July.

You can find out more about me on my website, but also, don't forget to claim your FREE ebook
:http://eepurl.com/cNVDj1

- Lee
“Death is a part of life,’ Jon said. ‘And, unfortunately, it comes to us all.” 0 likes
“Danni’s” 0 likes