Start by marking “Pitch Dark” as Want to Read:

Pitch Dark

One girl disappeared. After fifteen years, her cold lifeless body was found on the damp forest floor. Not an inch of her was unmarked by the horrors she endured. Alone, malnourished, abused in horrific ways; this was how she died.

One girl was found walking the streets, covered in dirt and scars. She had no memory of who she was, where she came from, or what happened to her
Published September 15th 2017 (first published September 3rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Pitch Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pitch Dark

Start your review of Pitch Dark
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionI love the cover on this book. Perfect representation of the story. Fantastic compostion and unique title work.description

descriptionWOWZA...this is the second book in a week that has emotionally wrung me out. I'll admit I wasn't expecting to be as blown away by this book as I ended up being. It was heartbreaking. It was brutal. It was uplifting.

description

I also found it to be fantastically well written and paced. The plot was interesting and kept me turning the pages. There were twists and turns. We jump back and forth fr
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY RATING: 4.5 STARS

PITCH DARK: is a stand-alone, full-length, dark, romance novel and is co- written by A.M. Wilson and Alex Grayson. This does flit from ‘Past to present.’ And is spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

Going into this I didn’t know what to expect so was really unprepared for how much this book would grab me by the throat and not let go, from the first page to the last I was riveted. Both of these authors are new to me, but that is definitely going to change after this book.

Niko
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oh wow. I know starting this review that no matter what I say I won't be able to give this book the credit it deserves. I'm not gonna go into storyline. I do believe you need to jump into this and feel.

Firstly I was so happy this wasn't a quick read. When I wasn't reading it I was thinking about it and wishing I was reading it. This book got under my skin. My emotions were all over the place.

This story ain't for the faint hearted. It's on the dark side but I'd say it's more of a psychological
Laura Lee
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By: A.M. Wilson and Alex Grayson
4.5 Stars

Well my goodness!!! Popping a double cherry with this book. Two New to Me authors and what a book to pop my cherry with. A page turner from the very first page till the last. Sat down yesterday and started this one, pulled me in immediately…didn’t stop till I finished late last night.

This is a different story, one that is full of emotion. One for the young boy who lost his best friend. Now a Detective, 15 years have passed and he is still looki
Selene
➳ Crime fiction lite
Writing style: 3/5
Cover art: 5/5
HEA? (view spoiler)
Triggers? Yes. (view spoiler)

A childhood promise. Fifteen years later, it still remains unfulfilled and Detective Niko is more determined than ever to find his best friend, Aislin, who disappeared when she was just thirteen years old. The past an
Natshane
Shelves: arc
A.M. Wilson and Alex Grayson delivered a heart-wrenching story that leaves readers speechless and craving for more.

If you are looking for fluffy and romantic romance, turn away now, this book is nothing but pitch dark and the authors do not attempt to sugarcoat the intense violence and hopelessness in their characters. It was brutal, raw and heartbreaking - definitely not the faint heart!

Pitch Dark was my most anticipated read of the month because the blurb itself was a 5-stars rating. It's li
Nic Spears
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jesus wept!!! Talk about a story that punches you straight in the gut.

I have no words right now, literally no words that will justify just how good this book was.

What Alex and A.M have delivered is a heart wrenching story that will leave you completely speechless.

To fully appreciate the magnitude and mystery of this story you need to go in blind, so I'm not going to tell you anything. But be prepared.
It's brutal.
It's raw.
And it's incredibly graphic and not for the feint of hearts. I flinched
CC

Aislin Mathers was a girl trying to survive in a rough neighborhood and in a household with a drug addicted mother. When Aislin befriended a neighbor boy, he became her sole respite from reality until one day she disappears without a trace.

“I’m so sorry,” she says softly. “You got hurt because of me.”

Fifteen years later, Detective Niko James can’t stop looking for his best friend and the light in his life, Aislin. Feeling like he should have protected her on that fateful day, he is dedica
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I love this genre; it gets your mind going as you're trying to work things out and keeps you intrigued all the way through. Well this book was definitely one of those. I had loads to do yesterday, but thought I'd just have half an hour and get started on this. After ten minutes my feet were up, coffee at my side, I wasn't going anywhere or doing anything until I'd read it.

There are twists and turns as you expect and want from a story like this. It gave me some bad nervous butterflies at times an
Christiann Igou
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freaking Epic, best book of the year!

I felt anxious while reading because you don't know what could happen next and then on top of that you cry and your heart is breaking! Two broken people finding happiness and peace.

Powerful message...I loved Betsy. The power that animals have to help heal us.

This review may seem vague because it is...I don't want to give anything away. Just know this book is 100% worth the read!!!!
Alex ♈
DNF at 27%

WARNING!!! DARK TRIGGERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

(view spoiler)
warhawke
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Dark souls
Genre: Dark Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: Dual - shifting
Rating:

Niko James had an unfinished business. As a detective, his job was to solve crime, but there was one unsolved case that had taken over half his life - the disappearance of his childhood best friend Aislin Mathers fifteen years ago.

When a new case came in with a Jane Doe that reminded him of Aislin, he was determined to give the woman back her life and nail the monster down.

The book first caught my attention with the cover. And then
Kate

As spoiler free as possible and a very, very, very honest review from yours truly.

A walk through for a taste of heaven.

Niko James is a detective and has been looking for his childhood sweetheart for 15 years. Everyone was convinced that she ran away when instead she was kidnapped.

Going to be frank here, I don't like Niko. His frustration didn't come across as being sincere. It was laid on rather thick. IMO.

His anger with the situation is understandable but also here it was too much to make it b
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A riveting tale of criminal intents and lost loves, that will stick to your heart and keep you burning midnight oil to finish the book .
The worst kind of tragedy in this world is a child being kidnapped . Their disappearance is horrific for both the child and the parent and their loved ones. There are so many monsters , predators lurking in the shadows , waiting for the opportune moment to grab them for their nefarious deeds
description
I shudder so hard at that prospect for any kid. The story sends shivers
~♡AB♡~
Dark and difficult read, but by the last third of the book I was unable to put it down.

Not for the feint hearted...
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

ARC received through L. Woods PR

***SPOILER FREE REVIEW***

First off I'd like to thank A.M. Wilson and Alex Grayson for the many f*cked up dreams this novel gave me. I'm not a baby, I'm far from it. I love horror movies, I love being scared, I love the fear induced adrenaline that sends my heart racing. However, I tend to stay away from novels with thrilling type themes and the reason behind that is, I have an overactive imagination. I pick up on little details and they completely stick with me. T
☾☆ Nikki. ✿
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was quite a good read. It was a bit hard to read at some parts because of what happened to the poor heroine in this book and overall it was quite a dark book to read.

The writing style was good also.

I liked the ending, but I didn't LOVE it..

Although the epilogue was cute :)
Amy
AM Wilson
5 stars

Pitch Dark - wow -- this is my first read by these two authors and just wow. Pitch Dark is a stand-alone dark read with all the good stuff in all the pages.

Doe is a survivor. Violent things are shown by the scars on her body. She doesn't know the past but and her soul is in tiny torn bits living inside her. The abuse -- the dark -- its the air she breathes as there is no light for her. She has no idea where she came from or who she is. She walks with no purpose.

Detec
A.M.
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Preorder for only .99c from now until Release day! Price goes up on September 15th. mybook.to/PitchDark

*Information about Pitch Dark*

*Pitch Dark releases September 15th*

PITCHDARKTEASER2

*This book is a dark romance/thriller. Not for the light hearted. Pitch Dark follows detective Niko James on his hunt to find the person responsible for the disappearance of his childhood friend.*

PITCHDARKTEASER4

*Bloggers interested in an ARC, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/xXqAb7LDqquSXdDZ2
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

When I first read the blurb for Pitch Dark I was instantly intrigued. Fifteen years ago, Niko's best friend and childhood sweetheart vanished. He was determined to find her and became a police detective to help with that mission. He is tireless in his determination to find Aislin. When a body is found matching her description his world is shaken. The signs of years of abuse and torture are obvious and now he vows to track down her kidnapper. When a Jane Doe is found walking the streets
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆ 5 "North" Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

This book was SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

If you like darkness this book is for you!!
This book sucks you in from the start into the world of two best friends who's lives are tossed into complete terror and despair when one goes missing.

Amazing story with some very touchy abuse that leaves you cringing but grabs a hold of you to find out what the hell really happened!!
Misty
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm stuck between giving this book 3.5 stars and 5 stars so you get 4.

Let's discuss why the 3.5 stars first. I think this book at times was a bit all over the place and sometimes the events that happened a bit unbelievable. Like they only happened to keep the hero happy or maybe even the reader. I mean, don't get me wrong. He deserves to be happy. After his best friend is kidnapped and no one believes she would never run away his life course of a very angry cop is set. I had a pretty good suspi
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romaine
Oh WOW!! Just speechless at the moment! Pitch Dark captivated me from the first page and sent me on a wild ride!!
Detective Niko James has been searching for his best friend for fifteen years for his best friend, Aislin, after she mysteriously disappeared. Everyone believed she ran away, but Niko knew in his heart she had been kidnapped.
When a dead woman's body was found in the woods, Niko's world came crashing down. He was forced to identify the body. Filled with years of guilt that he was unab
Linzi Grieve
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes this book has left me utterly speechless but in the best way possible. I woke up at 5am and find pitch dark in my kindle and i read it in the one sitting. This book was very dark,heart breaking,disturbingly amazing!
Every single character was amazingly written,you could feel the emotion they were feeling. I cried,cursed allison and alex's name a few times,even shouted out loud like a crazy person
I Loved Niko James,His determination and dedication to finding his childhood bestfriend wh
Tiffany Readz
Mixed Emotions With This One...

As a fan of the darker genre, Pitch Dark sounded like it was right up my alley. Lots going on with this story line, it's one of those books that you have to actually think about while reading, so you don't miss anything.

Two girls, one dead, one alive. One he has been searching for for fifteen years and one he had to go to the morgue to identify. If that isn't a lot going on for one guy, I don't know what is. Niko James is a detective, a good one, however not good
Anne Milne
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow !!!!
I wish I could give more than 5 stars to this book because it really does deserve it.
The story starts with Detective Niko James getting a call he's been dreading. He's been searching for his childhood friend who mysteriously disappeared years ago it's the reason he became a police officer in the first place. As the blurb says 1 girl is found dead and another girl is found wandering the streets.
Doe is a fascinating young woman she has no memory of who she is, where she's been an
Konny
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pitch Dark by AM Wilson and Alex Grayson is a stand-alone, full-length, dark, romance novel.
Detective Niko James lost his childhood friend Aislin. 15 years ago she vanished. And now a dead girl was found. And another girl walked the streets.
Niko is hung up on the past. He can´t let go. And now he vows to not let another girl down.
Doe is the surviver of unspeakable, cruel and violent things. She´s not only broken, she´s shattered in a million pieces.
Let me tell you this book is a mindfudge of epi
Alex Grayson
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*Pitch Dark releases September 15th*

PITCHDARKTEASER2

PITCHDARKTEASER4

PITCHDARKTEASER3
Paula D
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a suspenseful ride! Dark, twisted and nail biting book that had be gasping and having my mouth hung open even in some parts! This book is 15 year span ride all into one exiting book! Niko he's been searching for his North Star for over 15 years and comes up being heartbroken and having the darkness swallow him up. Then there is Doe oh this woman such a strong girl that made me open my eyes to how cruel this world can be. This book had me on the edge the whole time reading it that I read it ...more
Annie Brewer
I need time to process everything, but thank Christ there was a light at the end of this darkness. Holy shit, my heart was put through the wringer and I was afraid I'd be left in a puddle of heartwrenching tears.

I will say, I had to take breaks. I started this book several days ago but the subject matter and details of abuse were so real, I couldn't function. I was sick to my stomach. I needed to be in the right mindset for this...but I finally picked it back up and couldn't put it down until I

• Reclaim Me (The Jaded Series, #2)
  • Whispered Prayers of a Girl
  • Key to Hell (Hell Night, #4)
  • Awaken Me (The Jaded Series, #4)
  • Shatter Me (The Jaded Series, #1)
  • Bitter Sweet Hell (Hell Night, #2)
  • Judge of Hell (Hell Night, #3)
  • Unveil Me (The Jaded Series, #3)
  • The Sinister Silhouette
  • Trouble in Hell (Hell Night, #1)
  • Endless Obsession
  • Devil
  • Don't Make Me Beautiful
  • Beyond His Control
  • The Life and Death of Curtis Matthews
  • The Day She Cried
  • The Jaded Series: The Complete Collection
  • Pretty Broken Dolls (Pretty Little Dolls #4)
A. M. Wilson loves infusing her stories with real life—the good, the bad, and the steamy parts. She thinks there’s something special about romance; that pivotal moment when two characters realize their love for each other, but she likes wading through a little angst to get there. When she isn’t furiously typing on her computer, she can be found searching for her next all-consuming read. A. M. live ...more