Start by marking “Sweet Baby” as Want to Read:

Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby by Sharon Sala released on Dec 25, 1997 is available now for purchase.
Published December 25th 1997 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Baby

Start your review of Sweet Baby
Bark
Never again and this is why. Pseudonyms OK for authors. Not okay for readers. Sorry, I don't think so.

Here's my original review so those who will cannot accuse me of being a drive-by troll. If anything I was a silly fangirl. I wrote this way back when. Ahhh, innocence was bliss.

In my opinion, this is one of Sala's best. It was an emotional read for me from the very beginning. It's a contemporary and features one of the most sensitive "good guy" heroes I've ever come across in a novel. No annoyi
Eileen Harbour
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good read, but a word of warning it makes me cry every time.
Ellen Anderson
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Baby

This one was a pretty emotional one for me. I adored Brett and his family. Felt as if I was walking along beside Tory throughout the story.
Suze
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SWEET BABY

I enjoy most of Sharon Salas books (or Dinah McCall), they are just plain good. But some of them are exceptional at stirring your heartstrings, this is one of those.
Katie(babs)
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala can be hit or miss with her books, but with "Sweet Baby", she has a definite winner on her hands. This maybe considered one of her best.

Victoria or Tory as her boyfriend Brett calls her, came home to an empty house when she was seven years old. Her parents were gone and the house was empty of everything. She was so scarred by the experience from going to foster home to foster home, she is more of a shell of a person. She is afraid to love the people in her life. She shuts down. And
Jacqueline J
Quite angsty. When Sharon Sala is on she's one of the best. The heroine here is seriously messed up and the hero is twisting in the wind trying to deal with her. He is pretty constant in his love and acceptance and his desire to help and protect her. He's a great hero. I liked to see the heroine meet his family as that is always something I enjoy in books since any relationship will have to deal with in-laws unless they are both orphans. When it's done correctly it's a great opportunity to revea ...more
Cheryl Wright
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of all of her titles. I re-read this at least once a year!
Tonya Lucas
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As only Sharon Sala can do. She grabs you from the start and holds your attention till the end. I love her writing style, the mystery, & romance in this great book. Sweet Baby is a crisp fresh read. ...more
Lissa Wells
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Sharon Sala has fast become one of my all time favorite authors! I felt a little disappointed in this book thus the 3 star rating but it is still a pretty good read regardless!
Tory (Victoria)finally finds a place of belonging with Brett Hooker but she still struggles to feel safe and secure after so many years.
She takes a photo one day that flashes something in her memory and her dreams become haunted with the face of the tattooed man. This spirals a lot of emotions that Brett just can’t seem
Darlene Wilson
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tory Lancaster is about to come face-to-face with her past, a past haunted by a Mysterious tattooed man and the doll that was her only friend. With Brett's help she can meet the past head-on -- if it doesn't drive them apart. So many secrets, so little time, and all for the love of SWEET BABY. . .
Wilma L Husk
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book. When I recommend this book I tell people it will break your heart then put it back together at the end. Love Sharon Sala books.
Crystal Karre
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
gripping
Luann Milligan
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book!!!

Sharon is a great writer . Books you early and keeps you interested! Her books are hard to put done! My favorite is the Blessing series!!!
Chelsea Chafin
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reminder to myself to re-read this one. Having just read a romance, I was reminded of the first one I ever read which was this one. So dark and beautiful.
Rhonda Wise
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
A few interesting twists, but I have come to expect that from Sharon Sala. Enjoyable read.
Carol Jarrett
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

I loved this book! Sharon Sala has written another wonderful book. I enjoyed reading it so much. I hope you will read it and enjoy it as much as I did.
Adrianna Lamm
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala writes a story about a woman with a mystery past. It was a touching and really wonderful story of Tory Lancaster's tortured life (nightmares) trying to find her childhood and Brett Hooker's understanding and love for her; what a wonderful extended family the Hookers were. Her books are well-written and, refreshingly, well-edited.
Monique Atgood
SYNOPSIS:
This is a sweet story about a woman with serious attachment issues. She’s in love with Brett, but treats him like he doesn’t matter. Tory leaves him over and over for work for weeks without a thought or a call, and saunters back into his life as if she never left.

Brett is such a kind man who loves Tory so much he will do anything to help heal her and make her amenable to the concept of ‘being loved’.

Tory doesn’t remember her childhood before the second grade. She was raised in fos
Brittany
May 03, 2011 rated it liked it
From the beginning, you feel sympathy for Tory Lancaster who as a young girl came home to an empty house, her family gone. Luckily twenty five years later she has fallen in love with a man whose love is so genuine that it seems far fetched at times for what she puts him though. This story is not action packed or suspenseful, yet it keeps you turning the pages. I couldn't help but get choked up while reading this book, it will tug at your heart in several ways.
Janet
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely a good read!

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book- as a matter of fact I wasn't sure if I would even finish it. But I just finished it and am so glad I did! I will now consider this one of my favorite books. Brett and Tory sweet main characters. I loved there story and how even though each had their own issues they were all about each other. I was definitely recommend this book and will read others by the author.
Meka
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the saddest book with the most rewarding ending! What the main protagonists goes through is absolutely heart wrenching. The author definitely knows how to Tug on the heartstrings, tie them in a knot, and then yank on them for good measure right before stomping all over them. A most excellent read. I love my southern-Fried romances.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Victoria "Tory" Lancaster is a photographer and travels often for work. She has been living with her boyfriend, Brett, for 4 years but has some commitment issues. A bit of a tear-jerker as she works through her nightmares and the mystery of her childhood.
Lesley Jones
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book left me heartbroken and that's how you know it is a great book. Sharon Sala is a master reaching a reader's emotions and taking them on a journey. I love the tenacity of Brett's love for Tory. Tory had a horrific childhood, but overcame it and found true happiness in the end.
Dawn
Jan 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense novel.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Sharon Sala's books.
This was a very good suspense novel. I have read many of Sala's books and they are all great.
Sharon Sherman
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting book. A woman who doesn't remember her childhood and a man who loves her. Well worth a read.
Tala
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori Schiele
"Sweet Baby" was another book I probably would not have read, except I was (yet again) in the hospital and found it in their book rack. A bit slow moving, but still readable.
Carol
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a fan of Sharon Sala but sometimes her stories fall a bit short. Not so here. This is a well plotted book with sympathetic characters and a satisfying conclusion.
Cheryl Persaud
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of favorite book ever, very sad book, but romantic.
Sophie Greene
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tense thriller with believable characters and a tightly wound plot. I would have liked more info about how the main hero and heroine got together though.

• The Perfect Lie
  • The Return
  • Bloodlines
  • Storm Warning
  • The Survivors
  • White Mountain
  • Her Shallow Grave (Detectives Kane and Alton, #9)
  • Jackson Rule
  • Tallchief
  • Mimosa Grove
  • Cold Wicked Lies (Cold Justice: Crossfire #3)
  • Hidden (The Texas Murder Files #1)
  • Shades of Twilight
  • Diamond Bay (Rescues, #2)
  • The Touch of Fire (Western Ladies, #3)
  • Left to Die (Badge of Honor #2)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Securing Piper (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #3)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader