Start by marking “Inspired (Inspired, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inspired (Inspired, #1)

Inspired (Inspired, #1)

For a muse like Lucianíel, one story’s end is another’s beginning.

In the wake of his author’s sudden death, Luc takes ownership of her surviving creations—four fantastical characters with tales yet to be told—saving them from unwritten lives crumbling around them and giving them a second chance at a literary future.

Luc finds that chance in the unsuspecting mind of Annabell
Paperback
Published March 2018 by Ever On Word (first published March 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Inspired, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inspired

Mere Joyce
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of the most unique premises I’ve encountered in a novel. The concept of stray characters and a muse looking for a new home is unlike anything I’ve read before. It’s a huge, complex world these characters belong to, and their journey is handled with humour, heart, and incredible creativity.

I loved all the characters in this story. Some made me laugh, some made me smile, and some I just wanted to squish in a giant bear hug. But perhaps what I found most intriguing as I read INSP
Kimberly Kay
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Complete with a fresh, unique premise and engaging clever characters, Inspired is a novel that's both amusing and compelling. When characters find themselves in need of a new author, a muse will help get them one, regardless of anything that stands in his way. The characters themselves are unique and endearing with brief interactions in their author related lives, and their story related lives. Luc the muse was my personal favorite character--attractive with a flair of danger (who doesn't love t ...more
Alexander Nader
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most creative books I read in 2013. After losing their author a group of characters look for a new home. The book is split up between chapters about the characters themselves and the new author they hope to inhabit.

The whole thing was done smoothly and in a most entertaining fashion. Shipley has a whole lot of originality and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Joanne Sim
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original review can be found on my blog at this link.

I would like to firstly, thank the author, Danielle E. Shipley, for giving me the opportunity to read and review her wonderful novel, Inspired. I enjoyed reading Inspired. 😀

Inspired is one of the more unique novels I’ve read. I’ve never read a novel where characters in a novel break the 4th wall and know that they are characters in a novel and that the real world is outside of their story. The only time where I come across the situation where
BookBlerd
I liked the concept of the book, but not so much the execution. The muse characters were a little difficult to keep up with, but the stories that Anabelle makes for them are pretty creative and fun. I was expecting more from Lucianiel & Anabelle; it feels like the book ends just as they were starting to learn to work together.
Kendra Conine
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so Goodreads says it took me two and a half months to read this, but I promise it was more like one day. Summer classes started when I said I started this, and I didn't have time to read... Let me tell you what, cramming five months worth of classes into two months is no walk in the park.

I finally sat down to read this yesterday, and the first few chapters were, surprisingly, a bit grueling for me. Trying to keep up with each different character's personality and Luc's rushed explanations
Salla (Books Told Me So)
Full review:

Do you want to experience something more? How about stories inside a story inside a novel? Inspired totally blew me away with its performance. Exceeded all expectations.
Nick
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not gonna deny it, people: I think I might be becoming a fanboy.

Having already read three of Danielle Shipley's works, I expected to love Inspired even before I started. In this regard, I was not disappointed. Inspired was a wonderful and enthralling read, and one that ended far too quickly for those very reasons.

The premise of Inspired is a novel one. After a writer's tragic demise, a handful of creations escape her fading mind. Led by Luc, their old writer's muse, these creations go hunti
Lissyiszy
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Shipley has done it again! OK! Wow, this book was hopping, in all the best ways possible of course. I loved all the characters. They each had their own personality so it would be hard to confuse any of them. To be honest, when I first saw the description of the book and the various characters within I was a bit confused. I quickly understood why after a few chapters. All the characters are inherently good but they have their flaws but you can't help but love them for it. Lovable. That's ...more
Sharon Hughson
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my treadmill companion for the past week. It gets a solid 4.2 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the unique premise and approach.
Since this book was flooded with characters, it didn't feel like any one person's story. I don't like to finish a book without even knowing whose story I read. At first, I thought it was Jean's story, but she died at the end of the first chapter. Then, I expected it was Luc's story, but he wasn't in it often enough for that to really work.
It was a story about
Danielle Shipley
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
In all objective honesty, I wouldn't personally give every story with my name attached a full 5 stars. I'm choosier than that. But this... this novel touches me in a way few stories can. I love it. I can only hope my readers do, too.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mia Redgrave
Katelin
Kayla
Aug 01, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Is this a New Book, or just a New Edition? 3 46 Jul 19, 2017 06:53AM
Danielle E. Shipley – author of fairy tales retold, legends reimagined, and other expressions of wishful thinking. In the past, she’s worked as a librarian in a kindergarten, a Towne Crier in a Renaissance Faire, and a butler in Germany. In another universe, she’s a tenor on Broadway, a wandering minstrel, or at the very least a Dark Lord singing about world domination. Born, raised, and homeschoo ...more