Start by marking “You Shook Me All Night Long: An 80's Romance Novella” as Want to Read:
You Shook Me All Night Long: An 80's Romance Novella

You Shook Me All Night Long: An 80's Romance Novella

(Love in the 80s #1)

My name is Tina. I’m a freshman at USC, a good student and friend…

And I’m a victim.

Hot guys make my brain turn to mush. So, the fact that I was arrested then survived a massive earthquake only to be shackled to the fox in question can all be overlooked, right?

Okay, so I was arrested before I met Luke. An earthquake caused a blackout at the LAPD precinct where we were be
Published July 17th 2017 (first published January 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about You Shook Me All Night Long, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Shook Me All Night Long

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

For a short story this definitely packed a punch, and for an 80's child it sure did make me smile.

Tina has just arrived in Cali to attend USC when she is led astray by her roommate and ends up getting arrested at a concert. This is where, dressed up in her lace tights, short shorts and wild Madonna hair, she meets sexy mechanic Luke, who is thrown into her cell for Grand Theft Auto.

"He was a kinky one! Dirty mechanic. Hot brother. Kinky motherfucker. Who knew?"

This was a cute
Elle's Book Blog
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
:: 4 Pretty Little Stars ::

This is a really fun novella! I love the idea that 10 different authors will be adding to the 80's mix for the next 10 months, each coming up with their own novella for which I assume, is named after popular 80's songs. I can't wait to read the next ones coming up- so far, I am loving this series of standalones... They are like, totally rad (twirls hair and giggles). Talk about nostalgic!

This book revolves around a girl named Tina who finds herself in a heap of trou
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
5 We Love The 80's Stars!

ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This. Idea. Is. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. This story just made my day. I had a really great time reading it. While it was short, it can give you more than any other full-length novel.

description

The writing style was great. The storyline was impressive and very funny. That situation. LOL.

Our heroine, Tina, made me smile with her sassy attitude.
And Luke. Oh my god. If I ha
Paula  Phillips
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We all have our favorite era's if we think hard about it - if someone asked you, you would be able to pick one pretty quickly. For me, I have always been fascinated with the 80's. Though I was born in 87, I grew up more on the 90's side of things, but the 80's have always fascinated me. So when I saw that there would be a new series Love in the 80's, I knew I had to purchase the books. The first of course is set in 1980, and we meet Tina and Luke. Tina is starting her freshman year at USC and ha
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
This was fucking awful.

Don't have the couple in a novella not meet until 38%. A novella has to be super interesting outside the romance for that to ever remotely work. That wasn't the case here. Paint drying is more interesting than this book.

The heroine in this was a complete slut shaming asshole who needs to get the fuck over herself. Of course the "baddy" is a girl who wears short skirts and enjoys sex (I mean, God forbid a girl likes certain types of clothes and enjoys orgasms) We are remi
Shannon

I've enjoyed these Love in the 80s novellas, they all seem like they could be made into movies starring members of the Brat Pack- if the Brat Pack were 25+ years younger! It's kind of fun to relive my teen years through these books, and it makes me miss those simpler days of not having to work full time, pay bills, adult.
Tina's new to CA, having moved down from OR for college. Getting caught up in the whole roommate and college experience, she ends up losing herself a little. After one crazy nig
Jewlsbookblog
I’m pretty sure I just relived my childhood with these song titles! My review is for the following stories:

1984: Against All Odds-Rebecca Yarros
Hawthorne (Hawke) is a rock and roll guitar player. Sabrina (Brie) is the reigning pop queen. Nobody except his band-and her manager/mom-even know these two had a high school romance. Reuniting to do a single puts these two in close proximity with surprising results.
I loved Hawke and Brie’s rekindled second chance romance! For twenty-ish year o
☆Jamie☆
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars! This is my first read by Ms. Bond, and I’m reading it as a group read. I was almost immediately on board after just seeing the cover and title. I’m an 80’s child, and absolutely loved going back in time.

Summary:
Tina is ready to embark on the beginning of a new life. As a freshman at USC, she’s bright-eyed and ready for the freedom she’s longed for, for years. She has a plan. Work hard and be successful. Change the world. Unfortunately for Tina, plans can be disrupted. When her roommat
TheWitchyBookworm
This was really cute. I love anything 80's and I usually don't read mushy stuff but... 80's. I hope the rest of the stories in this collection are just as good. This one was so fun to read.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
If you are looking for a quick, funny, easy read....1980: YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG is exactly what you are looking for. It is the first of ten contemporary romance books set in the 1980's written by award winning and bestselling authors. The novellas will be released one each month from January - October, 2016.

I have to admit that from the title of the book I really didn't know what to expect. I quickly was drawn in and read it without a break. Casey effortlessly takes you on a journey back
Stephanie
I came upon this book thanks to other author, Cambria Hebert. I'm subscribe to her newsletter and in it she said she was releasing a new book based in the 80's. She said the book was connected to a series called Love in the 80's. Her book is the third one, so I got in my mind I had to read the first two, even though they are not connected, I just needed to.

I read this book and it did not disappoint. I was not born in the 80s, but I kind of remember them like it was yesterday. So many movies I ha
Maria's Book Blog
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the 80's!!! I don't know how I missed the promos for this series, but as soon as I heard about it I one-clicked them (books 1 & 2) as fast as humanly possible. This was a fun, quick, read and totally captured the feel of the decade. I've never read anything by this author before but I'm thinking I'll have to check out her work!
Lenore Kosinski
1980:
1981:
1982:

1983: Cruel Summer by Amber Lynn Natusch
2.5 stars — I just didn’t connect with this one.

I couldn’t connect with either Izzy or Braxton, or their romance. I got some of the emotions and betrayals that Izzy felt, but I wasn’t a fan of having the past strung along throughout the book, told in chunks. It made it so that while I knew something bad had happened between Izzy and Braxton, because I didn’t know what it was, I didn’t trust that she didn’t overreact, or that there wasn’t a m
Char ღ Denae
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I graduated from a small high school in 1982, so this story brought back a lot of fond memories for me. We weren’t really into the teased bangs, at that point, yet, though. We were still more into the ‘Farrah’ hair with feathered layers, but I was definitely starting to see them in the younger kids as I finished my senior year. The ‘Madonna’ look was also starting to infiltrate our school by then but on a way more modest scale. We were mostly still into the ‘preppy’ style by 1982; Oxford shirts, ...more
Hayley
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to leave a big review for this one because I don't have a lot of time, but I really enjoyed this short little story. I thought it was super cute and Tina's inner monologue had me highlighting numerous notes on my kindle app, especially her comments about Luke.

'"The Firebird. I had to drive it down here to get you. Apparently, it's hot." oooh! Hot Brother driving a stolen car. Bad boy mode in full effect.'

But generally, I adore 80's aesthetic, and so I loved all the drop in details ab
Brenda  Kness
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good short story. It's like, totally rad! lol. I swear like the last third of the book I had a smile on my face the whole time. It is such sweet and a fun read. Luke is a swoon worthy guy! College girl meets hunky mechanic... And how they meet, its funny and realistic. For a short story it really packs a big punch. I may not have been old enough to remember the 80's but I sure do love them.
Courtney Moctezuma
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute, funny, fantastic

I loved everything about this book! I loved the flashback feeling. The music, the cars, the big hair, and of course, the lingo. This was a great quick love story. Hot and steamy, but not too much. Just right.

Totally Five Stars for this read!
Andrea Dillon
Eh, I mean the insta-lust and all that was a big blah for me. It had promise but I just felt this fell short of what it could have been, even for a short story. It was just okay...
Rachel
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how short and sweet this book was, can’t wait to read more from the Love in the 80s series
Cora
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t really care for the characters or the plot. It felt over the top.
Ethan Gregory
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review and more available at: http://oneguysguidetogoodreads.blogsp...

*****
My Thoughts:

As anyone who follows this blog will well know, I am a huge Casey L. Bond fan. Admittedly, I haven't read her entire backlog and just recently jumped on board the Bond Bandwagon, but even based on the few works I have devoured, I can say with confidence that she's one of the most talented writers I've worked with as of late. Her stories are full of gripping emotion and such vivid plots and settings that r
Maria
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I’ll come out and say that I will read anything by Casey Bond, so when I heard that 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long was coming out, I jumped at the chance to read it too. The title is clever, harking back to a song from that era, I was curious to see two things: 1. How well the title would fit the story, and 2. If the song would make an appearance.

This book had all the right touches for that decade, integrated seamlessly, down to the hairspray clouds and teased hair. It was easy to picture and
FMR Book Grind

"Neither."
"Whatever you say."
"Whatever you say."

One night.

That's all it took to turn Tina and Luke's worlds upside down.

Tina was a freshman in college and studies were her main focus...until her roommate invited her to a concert on campus. Little did she know, that one concert would lead her to a night in the slammer.

Luke was a local mechanic who was in LA to help see after his college freshman brother. He had no clue that his said brother, and a sweet Firebir
Amy Callahan
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Shook Me All Night Long- Casey Bond

Hairspray clouds, mini skirts, and LA in the 80s. This book was a cute little read that has me feeling like we turning back the hands of time and rocking out to heavy metal! Where style was totally tubular, Tina and Luke were on one adventure even they had no idea how they would get out of.

So there's USC, a party gone wrong and a police station....sounds like the making for a bad joke right? Meeting Tina wasn't ideal for Luke. He wasn't looking to find her
Melissa Burcham
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I asked for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

I dont like novellas. To me there isn't enough depth or story line. The characters arent as deeply developed as in a regular novel. The same was true with this story. I enjoyed the story otherwise, but was left with wanting more.

Tina is fresh out of high school and headed to college. She becomes instant friends with the girl she shares her dorm room with. She allows Geor
Danielle
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was born in the mid 80's, but I grew up loving 80's nostalgia and watching several 80's teen movies on cable. At first I was hesitant to read this because I'm not a fan of first person POV and some of the anachronisms made me roll my eyes (The story takes place in 1980 and a girl mentions "looking like Madonna", who didn't become famous until a few years later.).

However, I was pleasantly surprised. About a few chapters in, I felt like I was watching one of those movies on cable again. The chem
Marie Mckenney
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this

Love this time frame. This song is awesome. Tina is new to town and her roommate Georgia tries to change Tina to be like her. Luke and his younger brother share a home. His brother and Tina go to college at USC. They don't know each other but both go to the same concert and end up in trouble due to a fight at the concert. Tina and Luke meet in an interesting way. They have a wild and crazy first day together. Both seem the type to be quiet and reserved at the beginning of the book but w
JadeShea
1980: You Shook Me All Night Long begins when Tina starts college. She ends up with a roommate who wants to turn her into someone else, and ditches her one night. The problem is she ends up in jail, and meets a hot guy named Luke. Now, she isn't sure how things will go or what she should do with herself either.

This was a short story that kicks off a serial about finding love in the 80's. It was an interesting story without much to it. I sort of expected a little bit more romance than what was i
Gina
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016

You Shook Me All Night Long is the first book in the Love In The 80's collection and I really enjoyed it! It is super quick read but it's really funny and sweet. I really loved how Luke and Tina met! It was something unexpected. Then all of their little misadventures was just the icing on the cake. Several laugh out loud moments. The story was fast paced and kept me interested through out. I could see Luke and Tina getting another book because those two could get into a lot of trouble!

• 1981: Jessie's Girl
  • Crash (The Ivy Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Merrily Ever After (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #2.5)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Addicted to You (Port Lucia #1)
  • 1982: Maneater (Love in the 80s #3)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Ways of Being a Mermaid’s Daughter
  • Escaping the Lutha (Lutha Chronicles, #1)
  • The Possibility of Us
  • The Forsaken (The Guardian, #3)
  • Duly Noted
  • Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear
  • Out of Her League
  • Wicked Tease
  • Sinned
  • Betrayed (The Professor Trilogy, #2)
Award-winning author Casey L. Bond resides in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She loves letting the figments of her imagination spill onto the blank page.

You can find more information about Bond’s books via the following links:
Website: www.authorcaseybond.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorcaseybond
Twitter & Instagram: @authorcaseybond

Available Boo

Love in the 80s (10 books)
  • 1981: Jessie's Girl
  • 1982: Maneater (Love in the 80s #3)
  • 1983: Cruel Summer (Love in the 80s #4)
  • 1984: Against All Odds (Love in the 80s #5)
  • 1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s #6)
  • 1986: Why Can't This Be Love (Love in the 80s #7)
  • 1987: (How Do I Get You) Alone (Love in the 80s #8)
  • 1988: Need You Tonight (Love in the 80s #9)
  • 1989: Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Love in the 80s #10)