Start by marking “Scandal's Child” as Want to Read:

Scandal's Child

Miranda Comstock, widowed and impoverished, accepts a position in London caring for a child who was blinded in a fire. When she discovers the child’s mysterious guardian is the lover who’d seduced and abandoned her five years earlier, her first thought is to flee. But nine-year-old Phoebe depends on her and is blossoming under her care.

Jeremy Montague returns from Jamaic
Published July 17th 2017 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Scandal's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandal's Child

Start your review of Scandal's Child
Pamela Gibson
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Miranda and Jeremy were once lovers. When Jeremy was dispatched to Jamaica to oversee a family property, he sends for her. But the note is intercepted and they part, both thinking the other was uncaring. Five years later they meet again. The meeting is arranged by Jeremy’s brother who has always been curious about their relationship. What transpires is a rekindling of their love which never quite died, although both resist until they can no longer ignore their feelings.

In books like this, a rea
Coco.V
Jul 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/26/2019)! 🎁
Sydnee Walsh
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story. I loved the drama and what the characters had to overcome. The mother aspect was amazing and can I just say wow.
Virginia Tican
Jul 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Fake Regency... feels and reads like American take the sentence "I guess so."... hence the swing from Contemporary to contrived Regency (use of words like "process" in present day context... "doppelganger" origin German 1824? or 1826? about 13 years after the book's timeline based upon Jeremy's return as the Earl of Longley, indicating lack of research?... a phrase like "lie back down") ... and failed plot. How could John not know about their mother's mood swings?.... where was the formidable an ...more
Mary Parks
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Can love conquer all??? When it is true and real, then absolutely!! Miranda and Jeremy are young and in love, each waiting for the other, a message, a visit..something...but Miranda never shows, and Jeremy's mother delivers a message alright, just not the one Miranda was expecting to hear. Both are heartbroken and fell betrayed...but were they? Miranda marries the local doctor and Jeremy now sees her betrayal is complete...and Jeremy, off in Jamaica never sends a letter explaining himself...so M
Crystal M.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fresh and interesting plot

Overall I enjoyed this book, especially the storyline that had some interesting twists and turns. I liked that while I knew it concluded HEA, I was not able to guess the exact role the mother - or the younger brother - would ultimately play. I did struggle a bit with the uncharacteristic layout which required us to get to know the main characters’ interactions with one another through memories. These were the weakest parts of the book, and it often felt like they were i
Beverly McCall
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Without giving too much away, I'll rave and say this heartwarming book is a wonderfully woven story of misunderstandings and negative assumptions between potential lovers. I particularly enjoyed the way Ms. Gibson used a bit of mystery to add depth to her plot line. Ms. Gibson has a solid understanding of what life was like in this Regency period. She reveals this with her descriptive language and rich dialog giving readers a clear picture of characters' clothing, their home furnishings and thei ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Pamela Gibson has written a heartwarming tale about love, loss and compassion, and this enduring tale of lost love will tug at the reader’s heartstrings.

Read full review in the 2017 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Alexia Adams
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this regency romance. The characters were well developed and realistic, the plot twists kept the story moving forward and while a great deal of the romantic conflict was based on miscommunication, it was touching to see the couple forgive and move forward despite their misconceptions. A nice read for a rainy Sunday.
Dee Jay
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Young love...true love ...

Interesting insight into treatment of mentally ill manic depressive issues and how little was understood of the issue.
Children with problems such as blindness were treated as invalids or sent to basically asylums to be housed.
Liked the development of the love between Amanda and Jeremy as they mature and find what they thought was lost.
James Crocker
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

A thoroughly satisfying Regency story with no silliness. A wicked mother who keeps her son and his intended apart, a cruel father who casts his daughter out, a blind child, and a mystery to bring all to a happy conclusion Very well done.
Diane
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good storyline

There were a lot of twists and turns to this story. My main issue was dragging the story out to just get the answers. I was grateful that this story shared an ending, although it does allude to another part of their circle of friends continuing in another book.
kate
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
The big M with a vengence.
Liz Kuchel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the storyline of this novel. Well written. Thank you for a few hours of pleasant escapist reading.
rosa miller
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

A good book. It kept my interest and the storyline is good. I don't need that much detail on the sex scenes but just skipped through those.
Hanna
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unusual yet Realistic

This love story has an unusual plot that I suspect has a lot of basis in careful research of life in the Regency era, and not just life of England's idle Society. With vivid details making both London and the countryside come alive and a subplot of medical issues, this book is much richer than the run-of-the-mill Regency romance.
Sharon S. Parker
Scandals Child

This is a very good book. It has all the aspects of unrequited love. Well written. I am anxious to read more of Pamela Gibson’s books.
Evelyn Derenzy
Delightful!

Jeremy and Miranda find the path to a forever love over the horrible obstacle of his mother and British society.
Pauline J
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read.

Enjoyed the storyline of this book, with all its personable characters. It was hard to put this book down. Love stories always find my heart.
Liz Wells
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down, I was enthralled to the end! So well researched for the time period and social customs. A well written total escape!
Sue Trefry
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It kept my interest throughout the entire book.
Debbie Odachowski
Love will find a way.

I did love this book. Miranda and Jeremy's love story which has it's ups and downs is ever changing. Evil forced try to keep them apart. While sad events shows us what Miranda is made of even through her heartache and loss. I couldn't put it down. Ms. Gibson is a new writer for me so I can't wait to find other books of hers. Enjoy!
caroline54
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excep

Would recommend this book to everyone. Light reading very well told story. Love lost then found retold and engaging. Good author
Annette Jean Emmerson
I enjoyed the intrigue the book created. The author created a goo d picture with her descriptive writing. I always enjoy a happy ending.

I enjoyed the intrigue this book created. The author created a clear picture with her descriptive writing. I always enjoy a happy ending.
Charlotte Lowe
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scandal’s Child

I’m happy when I read a story where neither the male or female protagonist is insipid. I hate the over guessing, the refusal to believe, or the inability to recognize rumor or gossip for what it is.
Patty
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging mystery

This was a relatively fast paced story with many facets to interest a reader. I enjoyed the characters and the twists delivered in the plot. I couldn’t put the book down until it was done!
Marjorie M. Lotz
Scandal's Child

If you like some mystery, some cloak and dagger events and lots of sex scenes, you'll love this book. Enjoy!
Sep
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
High drama when the poor misunderstood, betrayed and impoverished heroine is hired to care for the blind ward of the man who seduced and left her with child five years before. Ms. Gibson, You had me at misunderstood.

Highly recommended for a holiday without leaving your couch and, at the same time, an accurate and terrifying glimpse of early 19th century treatment of the physically handicapped.
Stacy
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was very hard to put down. This was a love story, but also an inner-story about a blind girl that had me very intrigued.
Inge Kohn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book. An entertaining read. Deception and heartbreak was not powerful enough to keep our hero and heroine apart. Enjoyed to the end.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Lady's Dangerous Love (The Langley Sisters #6)
  • The Lady to Match a Rogue: Faith (The Baggington Sisters Book 4)
  • To Dare a Duchess (Lords of London Book 5)
  • An Earl's Redemption (Brides of London)
  • A Bit of Heaven on Earth
  • The Rogue and The Earl's Temptation (Rogues and Gentlemen)
  • Weddings and Scandals: Regency Romance Collection
  • The Duke of Fire: Regency Hearts Book 1
  • Love Forever After (Dark Lords and Dangerous Ladies #1)
  • A Viscount to Remember (Brides of London)
  • Only a Duke Would Dare  (Seductive Scoundrels, #2)
  • Not So Sweet Maria (Sisters By Marriage #1)
  • The Duke's Daughter (Ladies of Bath, Book 1)
  • The Awakening of Lord Ambrose (The Lost Lords #6)
  • Seasons of Love
  • A Dangerous Deceit (The Thief-Takers, #3)
  • Reason to Wed (Distinguished Rogues, #7)
  • A Study in Scandal (Scandalous #3.5)

Award-winning author of fifteen novels and eight history books, Pamela Gibson is a former City Manager who lives in the Nevada desert. Having spent three years messing about in boats, a hobby that included a five-thousand-mile trip in a 32-foot Nordic Tug with her patient spouse, she now spends most of her time indoors happily reading, writing, cooking and keeping up with the antics of her gran-ca