Start by marking “Scandal's Child” as Want to Read:

Scandal's Child

Miranda Comstock, widowed and impoverished, accepts a position in London caring for a child who was blinded in a fire. When she discovers the child’s mysterious guardian is the lover who’d seduced and abandoned her five years earlier, her first thought is to flee. But nine-year-old Phoebe depends on her and is blossoming under her care.

Jeremy Montague returns from Jamaica
Published July 17th 2017 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Scandal's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandal's Child

Coco.V
Jul 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/26/2019)! 🎁
Sydnee Walsh
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story. I loved the drama and what the characters had to overcome. The mother aspect was amazing and can I just say wow.
Pamela Gibson
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Miranda and Jeremy were once lovers. When Jeremy was dispatched to Jamaica to oversee a family property, he sends for her. But the note is intercepted and they part, both thinking the other was uncaring. Five years later they meet again. The meeting is arranged by Jeremy’s brother who has always been curious about their relationship. What transpires is a rekindling of their love which never quite died, although both resist until they can no longer ignore their feelings.

In books like this, a rea
Mary Parks
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Can love conquer all??? When it is true and real, then absolutely!! Miranda and Jeremy are young and in love, each waiting for the other, a message, a visit..something...but Miranda never shows, and Jeremy's mother delivers a message alright, just not the one Miranda was expecting to hear. Both are heartbroken and fell betrayed...but were they? Miranda marries the local doctor and Jeremy now sees her betrayal is complete...and Jeremy, off in Jamaica never sends a letter explaining himself...so M
Virginia Tican
Jul 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Fake Regency... feels and reads like American take the sentence "I guess so."... hence the swing from Contemporary to contrived Regency (use of words like "process" in present day context... "doppelganger" origin German 1824? or 1826? about 13 years after the book's timeline based upon Jeremy's return as the Earl of Longley, indicating lack of research?... a phrase like "lie back down") ... and failed plot. How could John not know about their mother's mood swings?.... where was the formidable an ...more
Crystal M.
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fresh and interesting plot

Overall I enjoyed this book, especially the storyline that had some interesting twists and turns. I liked that while I knew it concluded HEA, I was not able to guess the exact role the mother - or the younger brother - would ultimately play. I did struggle a bit with the uncharacteristic layout which required us to get to know the main characters’ interactions with one another through memories. These were the weakest parts of the book, and it often felt like they were i
Beverly McCall
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Without giving too much away, I'll rave and say this heartwarming book is a wonderfully woven story of misunderstandings and negative assumptions between potential lovers. I particularly enjoyed the way Ms. Gibson used a bit of mystery to add depth to her plot line. Ms. Gibson has a solid understanding of what life was like in this Regency period. She reveals this with her descriptive language and rich dialog giving readers a clear picture of characters' clothing, their home furnishings and thei ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

Pamela Gibson has written a heartwarming tale about love, loss and compassion, and this enduring tale of lost love will tug at the reader’s heartstrings.

Read full review in the 2017 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Dee Jay
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Young love...true love ...

Interesting insight into treatment of mentally ill manic depressive issues and how little was understood of the issue.
Children with problems such as blindness were treated as invalids or sent to basically asylums to be housed.
Liked the development of the love between Amanda and Jeremy as they mature and find what they thought was lost.
Diane
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good storyline

There were a lot of twists and turns to this story. My main issue was dragging the story out to just get the answers. I was grateful that this story shared an ending, although it does allude to another part of their circle of friends continuing in another book.
James Crocker
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story

A thoroughly satisfying Regency story with no silliness. A wicked mother who keeps her son and his intended apart, a cruel father who casts his daughter out, a blind child, and a mystery to bring all to a happy conclusion Very well done.
kate
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
The big M with a vengence.
Pauline J
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read.

Enjoyed the storyline of this book, with all its personable characters. It was hard to put this book down. Love stories always find my heart.
Sharon S. Parker
Scandals Child

This is a very good book. It has all the aspects of unrequited love. Well written. I am anxious to read more of Pamela Gibson’s books.
Evelyn Derenzy
Delightful!

Jeremy and Miranda find the path to a forever love over the horrible obstacle of his mother and British society.
Debbie Odachowski
Love will find a way.

I did love this book. Miranda and Jeremy's love story which has it's ups and downs is ever changing. Evil forced try to keep them apart. While sad events shows us what Miranda is made of even through her heartache and loss. I couldn't put it down. Ms. Gibson is a new writer for me so I can't wait to find other books of hers. Enjoy!
Sue Trefry
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book. It kept my interest throughout the entire book.
caroline54
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excep

Would recommend this book to everyone. Light reading very well told story. Love lost then found retold and engaging. Good author
Liz Wells
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down, I was enthralled to the end! So well researched for the time period and social customs. A well written total escape!
Charlotte Lowe
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scandal’s Child

I’m happy when I read a story where neither the male or female protagonist is insipid. I hate the over guessing, the refusal to believe, or the inability to recognize rumor or gossip for what it is.
Annette Jean Emmerson
I enjoyed the intrigue the book created. The author created a goo d picture with her descriptive writing. I always enjoy a happy ending.

I enjoyed the intrigue this book created. The author created a clear picture with her descriptive writing. I always enjoy a happy ending.
Marjorie M. Lotz
Scandal's Child

If you like some mystery, some cloak and dagger events and lots of sex scenes, you'll love this book. Enjoy!
Patty
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging mystery

This was a relatively fast paced story with many facets to interest a reader. I enjoyed the characters and the twists delivered in the plot. I couldn’t put the book down until it was done!
JackEllena
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful romantic tale.

I really enjoyed this book. The story was catching and keep me following the story. True love had been thwarted but in the end love remained victorious. I recommend this book to any romance reader. Thank you, Jack.
Kathy  E
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read from this author and thoroughly enjoyed it and was an easy read. I just loved the characters in this story and look forward to reading Scandals Bride the follow up in time.
Cathy Skendrovich
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read Ms. Gibson's contemporary wine country novels, and enjoyed them. Scandal's Child is a departure from her previous writing. It's an historical romantic suspense, and was an amazing read.
The mood in the book resembles a Gothic novel, brooding and mysterious. The reader knows there will be twists and turns and braces for them, yet they still surprise you when they happen.
I liked Miranda and Jeremy as the heroine and hero; they were not cookie-cutter characters, but each had depth and pe
Joe Fackenthal
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I really enjoyed the storyline and characters! It was well written and moved at a good pace. I would certainly recommend this book.
Lorna Collins
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three childhood friends, a blind child, and a series of misunderstandings contribute to a story of love lost, reconciliation, and resolution. A mad old lady, vindictive relatives, and Regency society's strictures contribute to the ups and downs of the story. When I was younger, I read a lot of these kinds of period books. I haven't read one in a long time, but I particularly enjoyed this one. The writing is excellent, and the story satisfies.
Kendra Kent
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Scandal

Very enjoyable book. There was so many plots waiting to be unraveled. I really enjoyed all the characters very loveable and funny.
Deborah Armstrong
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining historical romance. Great beach read.

Award-winning author of nine novels and eight history books, Pamela Gibson is a former City Manager who lives part time in Northern California’s wine country and part time in the Nevada desert. Having spent the last three years messing about in boats, a hobby that included a five-thousand-mile trip in a 32-foot Nordic Tug with her patient spouse, she now spends most of her time indoors happily rea