Start by marking “The Shadows Between Us” as Want to Read:
The Shadows Between Us

The Shadows Between Us

Alessandra is tired of being overlooked, but she has a plan to gain power:

3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

No one knows the extent of the freshly crowned Shadow King’s power. Some say he can command the shadows that swirl around him to do his bidding. Others say they speak to him, whispering the thoughts of his enemies.
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Feiwel and Friends

To ask other readers questions about The Shadows Between Us, please sign up.
Michaela Yes, but she is going to write another series stating in 2021 that will be a due-logy.…moreYes, but she is going to write another series stating in 2021 that will be a due-logy. (less)

Start your review of The Shadows Between Us
Tricia Levenseller
Mar 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
1/9 The preorder incentive for this book is now live! If you'd like a free signed bookplate and character art prints for preordering the book, visit https://tricialevenseller.com/preorde...

Also, you can now read the first FIVE chapters here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tJS1...

8/8 I'm so excited that ARCs have started to circulate for this book! Just wanted to highlight again that I pitch this as my Slytherin romance. My characters have unapologetically questionable morals. Don't expect them
megs_bookrack
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Step 1: Woo the king.
Step 2: Marry the king.
Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom.

How Evil Queen of you.
I'm always down for that!

Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

description

3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

This gave me all the Cruel Beauty-vibes I've been craving and my favourite 2020 release thus far. I nearly read this WHOLE THING in one sitting with a grin on my face. It was SO GOOD. Morally grey characters who are so unapologetically bad...and I loved it.

Do yourselves a favour and pick it up when it releases in February. This
✨ A ✨
I mean, it wasn't mind blowing but it was fun, enjoyable and an easy read. I'm glad it's a standalone. Full review to come soon (hopefully)

____
Pre-Read Rambles

I've been promising Helena since October that I'd read this book asap and now I'm finally doing it!! I need this to be a good one
_

YESSS PLEASE

• Release date: 25th February 2020 •
‹ ARC received from publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. ›
MischaS_
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist, cannot-wait
Honestly? I'm still sad that I was declined for an ARC.

Because Slytherin romance is all I want (for Christmas?). I cannot wait to read this. Everyone should hope I won't be holding anything at the moment this gets published because I'll be dropping everything to get my hands on this.
Kerri
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Official review to come, but i LOVED this!
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
I loved Warrior of the Wild from the author. I liked it so much that I set my expectations too high for this one. Unfortunately, my expectations were not met, and maybe this is just another case of "it's me not you".
There were too many inconsistencies for me to be able to fully enjoy this book. While in WotW I loved the writing, in this one the writing always felt too abrupt. I enjoyed the first 40% of the book and from then on just lost interest.
So without further delay,
What I enjoyed:
Sabrina
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: almost-favorites
I've read this book extremely fast.
I pick it up so I could read the first chapter and when I realized I was already halfway through.

I have read every book by this author and she's yet to disappoint me.

This book was addictive. There is no other word to describe it.

The story was quite original. The concept that the main character wants to kill the Shadow King after she marries him so she can have the crown and power was brilliant.
And the execution was done perfectly.

The story was well
Lea (drumsofautumn)
THIS WAS SO GOOD!!! Maybe more of a 4.5 stars but I immensely enjoyed this reading experience and this had one of the best romances I have ever read. Full review to come!
“I think that when you care enough for someone, you reach a point where it’s far more painful not to have him at all than to have him and risk losing him. You realize the risk is worth it. Because happiness, however short-lived, is always worth it.”
Bre *B.B. Lynn Reads*
“I have a new game in mind. I’m going to woo the king. I suspect it won’t be longer than a month before he’s helplessly in love with me.”

I found a sort of disclaimer Tricia wrote saying, “My characters have unapologetically questionable morals. Don't expect them to change. It's who they are.” I will confirm that this is 100% true. I will also confess that it’s part of the reason I love the book most. This book isn’t about becoming a better person. Actually, if there was any kind of lesson in
Lisa
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2020
I'm upset this is over. I'm upset I read it in two days. I'm even more upset that it doesn't come out for several more months (I need the hardcover now!!).

But in all seriousness, this is the type of story I shouldn't love. I'm not a fan of hate-to-love main characters, but I gotta give props to Alessandra. She's cunning and smart, and I appreciated her ambition and ability to take her own fate in her hands.

To say I am OBSESSED with the romance in this book is an understatement. I needed this
Katie
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

"1) Woo the Shadow King.
2) Marry him.
3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself."

Summary
Alessandra is tired of being the overlooked second child of an earl. Using her own ambition and cunning she has a plan to get exactly what she wants - power. She's going to win over the Shadow King's heart, then kill him and take his kingdom for her own. But in order to see her scheme through, she has to stop threats to his life before she
Kayla Brunson
I really enjoyed this one! I loved Levenseller's writing in her previous books so I had a feeling that I would enjoy this one as well. When I saw the cover and read the synopsis, I couldn’t do enough to get my hands of this book, friends. I am such a fan of books with a heroine who’s cunning and goes after what she wants.

Alessandra was my kind of girl. She’s killed, isn’t afraid of her sexuality in a world that wants her to be, and was so vindictive. I couldn’t help but admire her. She made a
Candace Robinson
This book had one of my favorite summaries I've seen so far this year, and that cover! Plus, I mean, shadows, right? Shadowsssssssssss!

I'll first say that I absolutely loved the story line! I always enjoy books with the goal to murder but then feelings change along the way. Plus, the Shadow King was just so freaking sweet! I wanted to hug him!!

Now, my problem was Alessandra! I adored that she did however she chose, be it with her sexual desires, murder, or whatever. I even love villains! And she
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
5/16/19
OMG THE COVER IS SO PRETTY!!! Love it!
---
Step 1: Woo the king.
Step 2: Marry the king.

Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom for herself.

Well, who can argue with such a perfect plan? Lmao
The Nerd Daily
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Nathalie DeFelice

It’s a villain love story. It’s a VILLAIN love story. IT’S A VILLAIN LOVE STORY! My goodness, I was so excited to get this in my hands. After reading Warrior of the Wild and someone had whispered what Tricia Levenseller was working on next, I knew I wanted to do everything in my power to get my hands on it (short of murder of course, haha). This isn’t your goodie two-shoes damsel in distress lying in wait for her prince charming
Lerizza Mae (books&teacups)
Nov 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, arc
DNF at 35%

I was promised a Slytherin romance. At 30% I was beginning to doubt that.

From what I know, Slytherins are cunning, shrewd, and ambitious. Though I can state the Alessandra is ambitious, it just feels that it wasn't enough.

I was hooked at the first 10% of the book but after the 20% mark it was getting a bit dull.

Alessandra is so focused in getting rid of her previous beau (who I find, in fact, is quite annoying) that her interactions with the Shadow King is being overpowered. Myron
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
They’ve never found the body of the first and only boy who broke my heart.
And they never will.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

This book was SO MUCH FUN . I knew it was going to be a good read when a) the author described it as a ‘Slytherin romance’, and b) the epigraph was a quotation from Damon in The Vampire Diaries.

I did have a great time tearing through this book yesterday afternoon, and this rating is really 3.5 stars . However, some plot holes and poor
☆ sana ☆
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. why is this book a standalone WHY!!
Fae Crate
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO beautiful! I fell in love with our cast of flawed characters. Their ambition, wishes, dreams, every part was incredibly written. This story was prefaced as a love story between two slytherins and that’s exactly what was given to me. It was so unique and the world building had me so intrigued. I can’t wait to have the finished copy in my hands!
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
“Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom for herself” *chokes* I think I’m in love with her already
Hollis
I requested this one because, I mean, did you read that synopsis? Girl wants the King because she plans to kill him and rule in his stead? The song Cold As Ice was echoing through my head. It sounded delicious and different and I was keen to dive in.

Also this is a fantasy standalone, can I get a whoop whoop?

I think this'll appeal to many readers who want something different out of their fantasy, particularly YA, and there are a lot of topics dealt with that keep everything from feeling too one
mith
Okay so this was labelled as a slytherin romance from the start of the book and I haven’t been able to see it as any other way than that and. Really. Having it said that way, who could really stay away?

Alessandra is a slytherin and, y’all, it shows. I mean the book literally opens up with her recounting her murdering her first love. And then she promptly dismisses her latest lover. Get it girl.

One time I read the beginning pages of a book and the author used the words dark, blood, and assassin
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Hands down, one of my favorite books now. RTC.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Update March 2019.
You had me at "kill the king"

Prereview March 2018.
Oh cool my second book where I'm the first to pre review it! So I asked Tricia Levenseller about this and she actually answered. She said that the reason this is completely blank is because they haven't decided which of her books to publish, all they no is that it 99% likely to be fantasy.
✨Brithanie Faith✨
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5 stars .5

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Hi! My name is Brithanie, and I seem to have a thing for fictional men who are cloaked in shadows.

Now that that is out of the way- HOLY FORK! Full transparency- I wasn't expecting to love this one as much as I did, but I was curious! I am HERE for strong female characters who know what they want- and are willing to do what it takes to get just that!

Tricia's writing had me hooked from the first few chapters, and I
Victoria Booklover
Sep 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I just don’t know my feelings with this one. It will be a complicated review for sure.

And think overall, I liked it. There were so many things that bothered me about it, but I still liked it. Oddly enough.

Spoilery bits...

So Alessandra was not a wonderful protagonist. In fact, I didn’t really like her at all. How can you relate to someone who is cocky, selfish, and mean? Why would you want to?

In the beginning, she was horrible. Entirely selfish, rude, careless, had no empathy for others. Just
booksneedcaffeinetoo
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc
”Aren’t we all drawn to our friends in the beginning by trifling things? True bonds develop afterward, when character is revealed.”

thank you netgalley and the publisher for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

my initial thoughts:

-unapologetically terrible characters. yes!!! they don’t hide who they are. or tone it down for anyone.
-sarcastic main character. love her.
-whenever she reads her letters she adds a bunch of asides and skips the boring bits like actual people do who read letters
Hailee (haibooklovers)
May 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Let's be honest. At this point, I would read quite literally anything that Tricia Levenseller writes.

Also, bless her for standalone. Some of us have series fatigue. Waiting is the worst.
micolreads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
1) Woo the Shadow king
2) Marry him
3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself

Alessandra is determined to follow her list’s steps, but of course, it could not be that simple. Mysteries, intrigues, loyalties put at risk, love challenged and betrayal behind the corner are just a few things that should convince you to read this book. I really loved Alessandria’s character, with her witty and strong personality, trying to fulfill her desires.
The modernity of Alessandria’s character is something you
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
You Are Never Too...: The Shadows Between Us - February 25, 2020 2 9 Jan 31, 2020 11:48AM

• All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Red Hood
  • Seven Deadly Shadows
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • The Seventh Sun
  • Dark and Deepest Red
Initially from a small town in Oregon, Tricia now lives next to the Rocky Mountains with her bossy dog, Rosy. She received her degree in English Language and editing and is thrilled that she never has to read a textbook again. When she’s not writing or reading, Tricia enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, playing volleyball, playing OVERWATCH, and watching shows while eating extra-buttered ...more