Start by marking “The Shadows Between Us” as Want to Read:
The Shadows Between Us

The Shadows Between Us

Alessandra is tired of being overlooked, but she has a plan to gain power:

3) Kill him and take his kingdom for herself.

No one knows the extent of the freshly crowned Shadow King’s power. Some say he can command the shadows that swirl around him to do his bidding. Others say they speak to him, whispering the thoughts of his enemies. Regar
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Feiwel and Friends

Tricia Levenseller
Mar 07, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
8/8 I'm so excited that ARCs have started to circulate for this book! Just wanted to highlight again that I pitch this as my Slytherin romance. My characters have unapologetically questionable morals. Don't expect them to change. It's who they are. And this book is more romance heavy rather than action heavy, like the rest of my books. There's nothing more disappointing than having unfulfilled expectations where an anticipated read is concerned, so I hope this aids in helping readers decide if t ...more
megs_bookrack
Mar 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Step 1: Woo the king.
Step 2: Marry the king.
Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom.

How very Evil Queen.
I'm down for that.

Kerri
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Official review to come, but i LOVED this!
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!)

My reactions:

✨ A ✨
Aug 14, 2019 marked it as to-read

YESSS PLEASE

ARC received from publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Sabrina
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read this book extremely fast.
I pick it up so I could read the first chapter and when I realized I was already halfway through.

I have read every book by this author and she's yet to disappoint me.

This book was addictive. There is no other word to describe it.

The story was quite original. The concept that the main character wants to kill the Shadow King after she marries him so she can have the crown and power was brilliant.
And the execution was done perfectly.

The story was well construct
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
5/16/19
OMG THE COVER IS SO PRETTY!!! Love it!
---
Step 1: Woo the king.
Step 2: Marry the king.

Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom for herself.

Well, who can argue with such a perfect plan? Lmao
Candace Robinson
This book had one of my favorite summaries I've seen so far this year, and that cover! Plus, I mean, shadows, right? Shadowsssssssssss!

I'll first say that I absolutely loved the story line! I always enjoy books with the goal to murder but then feelings change along the way. Plus, the Shadow King was just so freaking sweet! I wanted to hug him!!

Now, my problem was Alessandra! I adored that she did however she chose, be it with her sexual desires, murder, or whatever. I even love villains! And she
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
They’ve never found the body of the first and only boy who broke my heart.
And they never will.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

This book was SO MUCH FUN . I knew it was going to be a good read when a) the author described it as a ‘Slytherin romance’, and b) the epigraph was a quotation from Damon in The Vampire Diaries.

I did have a great time tearing through this book yesterday afternoon, and this rating is really 3.5 stars . However, some plot holes and poor wor
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Update March 2019.
You had me at "kill the king"

Prereview March 2018.
Oh cool my second book where I'm the first to pre review it! So I asked Tricia Levenseller about this and she actually answered. She said that the reason this is completely blank is because they haven't decided which of her books to publish, all they no is that it 99% likely to be fantasy.
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
“Step 3: Kill the king and take his kingdom for herself” *chokes* I think I’m in love with her already
Claudia
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
EDIT May 2019:

Y'ALL, THIS COVER. THIS EXCERPT. I don't think I've ever been so excited for a YA release.

March 2019:
Having heard Tricia read the first page of this at a signing, the only thing I can say is DAMN. Can't wait.

Hailee (haibooklovers)
May 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
Let's be honest. At this point, I would read quite literally anything that Tricia Levenseller writes.

Also, bless her for standalone. Some of us have series fatigue. Waiting is the worst.
mith
Okay so this was labelled as a slytherin romance from the start of the book and I haven’t been able to see it as any other way than that and. Really. Having it said that way, who could really stay away?

Alessandra is a slytherin and, y’all, it shows. I mean the book literally opens up with her recounting her murdering her first love. And then she promptly dismisses her latest lover. Get it girl.

One time I read the beginning pages of a book and the author used the words dark, blood, and assassin
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
OMG I need this now! Tricia is QUEEN! This looks freaking amazing!!!
Mickey John
This high-key sounds like Darkling fanfiction . . . but I think I'm okay with it.
Brittany
May 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
We have a cover - it’s gorgeous and I’m obsessed 🖤🖤!!!
Bridget
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got to read a really early copy of this one and it is AMAZING!!! Probably my favorite book by Tricia so far (which is saying a lot because I loved all her books)!!!
Maisie Topping
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not really sure how to feel about this book. The main characters have some really questionable morals (the shadow king's goal is to conquer every kingdom in the world and has no problem killing citizens to do it, except of course if they're dead they can't pay taxes). Alessandra doesn't seem to have any problem with that, but I guess her whole goal (at least at first) is to kill the shadow king. The book doesn't really address the immorality. It felt like it wanted to be an anti-hero kind of ...more
*mk*
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was a cheesy mess and I'm not even sure how I got through it but I did and here's the review. While this book had been interesting things about it: i mostly enjoyed the lead character, and she had a great, sex positive outlook which is uncommon to see in these kinds of books. And this book was hella sexy at times. I bought into the romance aspects more than I bought into the actual friendship of the two leads, so it was kind of hit or miss. This book was also very dialogue heavy and wa ...more
Misty
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much Net Galley for letting me snag this ARC because y'all... this book.

That pretty much sums this book up is by saying..."Duuuude, THIS book"

I blew through this book without skipping a single, awesome detail.

#1. I want Alessandra's wardrobe. Period
#2 I want Alessandra's ability to sew her OWN wardrobe
#3 I want Kallius
#4 I need Kallis
#5 I want to solve mysteries and be a badass like Alessandra

This storyline was very different and I adored it.

The opening lines of the first chapter ar
Mary Seaman
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by Edelweiss

I loved this! The first chapter was the best opening to a book I’ve ever read. You will be sucked in and won’t want to stop. I am obsessed with Alessandra. She’s bad but in such a great way. Definitely pick this one up.
Breanna
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
This synopsis reeks of enemies-to-lovers......I NEED IT.
Brittani
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
parts of this book are absolutely ridiculous but 1) you know exactly what you're getting when you start this book and 2) I had so much fun.
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
May 30, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
This cover spoke to my emo soul in a whole new level.

Thank you Macmillan and Feiwel & Friends for the ARC.
Chloe
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
*Spoiler free*

I really enjoy Tricia Levenseller's books. They're such fun fantasy books and I really enjoy her writing style. Her new standalone fantasy novel sounded really, really interesting and I couldn't wait to read it. I'm all for girls plotting to murder kings and take the kingdom for themselves, but those pesky feelings get in the way.

I've noticed that with Levenseller's standalone books, there's one aspect that I really, really love, while I don't love a couple other aspects. It makes
Jeraca
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-ebook, arc
I received this free eARC novel from Edelweiss. This is my honest review.

Alessandra is a woman on a mission: She wants to be Queen. She wants to rule the people better than what everyone is forced to do. She is going to change things - for the better - and she will do it herself. Once she kills the Shadow King. And she has the perfect plan to do it. She will get what she wants, no matter the cost...

I seriously, seriously loved this book!! I think I love it even more than the Daughter series (an
Jackie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, arcs, fantasy
A book where the heroine’s quest is to seduce the King and then murder him for the crown? Sign me up!

“The Shadows Between Us” finds Alessandra putting a plan in motion to rid herself of her nagging father and elevate her status from a simple Lady to Queen and it all starts with seducing the King, but soon she discovers that assassins are trying to end his life before she gets the crown and finds herself making an unlikely alliance to claim her power.

This was such an interesting read with Alessa
Linda Naquin
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I picked up an ARC of this book at SDCC and OMG!!!! Tricia Levenseller does NOT disappoint with this one! I'm talking strong female lead, with loads of self-confidence and faith in herself, who fights for what she wants and gets things done, while also being able to be tender to her friends and loved ones. She also has a lot of powerful messages for girls out there about being yourself, allowing others to be themselves and move at their own pace in life, and not to judge others for the choices t ...more
Elizabeth Aguilar
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Is 2020 here yet because I need all the special editions for my book of the year.

Review to come later. I have to compose my thoughts between 🐍😍😙❤.

But I will say that TSBU delivers everything its dark cover, the nomer "slytherin romance", and Tricia's empowering writing promises. (Plus, the title is used in context in the book!)

• Jackpot
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Untitled (Untitled, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Rumor Game
  • Cloudforest (Cloudforest, #1)
  • She Was and She Was Not: A Fairy Tale
  • The Chosen (Contender, #1)
  • Castle of Lies
  • Untitled (The Beautiful, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • Set Fire to the Gods (Set Fire to the Gods, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • Remember Me
  • The Lady Rogue
  • Muse
  • The Wise and the Wicked
Initially from a small town in Oregon, Tricia now lives next to the Rocky Mountains with her bossy dog, Rosy. She received her degree in English Language and editing and is thrilled that she never has to read a textbook again. When she’s not writing or reading, Tricia enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, playing volleyball, playing OVERWATCH, and watching shows while eating extra-buttered popco ...more