Start by marking “Renegade” as Want to Read:
Renegade

Renegade (Phoenix Rising #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Gemma Ward, an outgoing and strong-willed wedding photographer, goes through men like she goes through thongs, forever looking for a guy who can handle her. She’s about given up on love when she meets Declan, the sophisticated father of one of her clients. He’s perfect for her, if only she can convince him she’s not too young and inexperienced to meet his singularly erotic ...more
Published August 28th 2017 by Entangled Publishing (Brazen)

To ask other readers questions about Renegade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renegade

Deborah
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

Before I start my review I'd just like to say don't make the same mistake as me, read the previous book first.
I was aware this was book 2 (obviously) and I don't generally read books out of order but I read the blurb for the first one 'Rogue' and it didn't really appeal to me and since it featured different characters I decided to skip it.
What really stood out about this one was Declan I really wanted to read about the dominant older man.

This book wasn't what I expected on so many levels and
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, cop-etc
3.5 Stars!

Renegade is a friends to lover story that has a suspense plot started in the first book of the Phoenix Rising series. Each book is focused on a different couple but continues the same plot of discovering what really happened with Liam, a brother, a friend and a navy seal. I would recommend starting with book one.

While the background plot is about Liam, the forefront story is about Gemma wanting to learn BDSM in hopes of catching the father of her client. She's tired of playing with boy
Elizabeth Neal
**3.5 Stars**

Gemma, a wedding photographer, makes her living from capturing special moments of other people's happiness, yet her own has remained elusive to find. But she's still searching, determined to find her one, and when she believes she's met him, she refuses to let their age difference stop them. She now has her sights on Declan, a client's Dad, and when her best friend Walker needs her help, she asks for his in schooling her on how to show Declan she can handle him, and his tastes.

Walke
Ivy Deluca
description

-The sitch. Best friends Gemma and Walker are drawn into the search for what really happened with their friend Liam (set up in the first book), and along the way, Gemma decides she wants to learn about submission and wants Walker to teach her. Um, yes please. Then romance happens.
-Friends to lovers is my jam. Sign me up. Every time.
-Works as standalone. There’s plenty of detail to catch you up on the overarching storyline.
-Love scenes were smoking. There’s good chemistry between the leads as wel
Ofelia
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg what a cliffhanger. This is the first book I've read from Brynley Blake and I am hooked. I started reading this book and I couldn't put it down. It had a bit of everything romance, mystery, very kinky steamy scenes and trying to cross certain places in a bucket list. Brynley Blake did a beautiful job in grabbing the readers attention from the very beginning and making you binge read Renegade until the very end. I honestly can't wait to read more of the Phoenix Rising series and read what hap ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

This is the second book in the Phoenix Rising series and we while I know we are closer to the uncovering of the secrets behind the "bucket list" I still feel like there are so many pieces still missing. The overall story arc is unfolding around Gemma and Walker. We met them in the last book but I don't think I realized that these two characters are actually best friends.

Walker is back to help uncover more of the clue left by Liam. Walker is actually a really fun character to read. He has the re
Natalie Johnson
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Noah and McKenzie are still working on Liam's bucket list half way around the world. W
Jenny
Aug 27, 2017 added it
It was okay. However one thing really popped out at me. The epilogue scene in India. The character is at a doctor's house. Helping take care of the goats. And teaching his sons English. The Doctor speaks English. India has cities. But okay. He lives in a place where he can raise goats. (Not all Sikh practice Jhatka so I'm hoping he's raising those goats as pets). More power to him. Meanwhile? India has two official languages as set out in their Constitution. One being? English. Kids are taught * ...more
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. This was the second book in series, and I am going back and forth, I kind of want to know what happens with Liam which is in the next book, however this one just wasn't for me. This was Gemma and Walker, who were best friends, and since Gemma wants to be more adventurous sexually for an older man she meet, she asks Walker to assist, and you can imagine the rest, they fall in love, or admit they they always loved each other.
Isha Coleman
I'm all in favor of strong women, Gemma came across as neurotic. She's a boss in business, but a disappointment in love. Her need for control has left her in a dire romantic drought. Will her thirst ever be quenched? Renegade has a Sex in the City vibe with a splash of mystery thrown in. More funny than sexy, Declan and Gemma encourage getting your feet wet, before diving in to romance. Cute meets tempting.
(3.5 stars)
Heather
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another one of those series where I'm glad I didn't give up after not liking the first book in the series. This book redeemed the series for me and I can't wait to read the next one! I'm dying to know how it all ends up!

The characters were built and developed well. I liked the back story between Gemma and Walter; their friendship and humor made me laugh several times while reading this. It also made her requesting help from him much more realistic.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Mia London
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read-loved the romance, loved the intrigue. And what a refreshing change to read the lighter side of BDSM. Two thumbs up.
Ayekah
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am officially hooked on this series after only two books! Renegade is all consuming and hard for me to put down. This is Walker and Gemma's story.

Gemma is best friends and business partners with McKenzie and Charlotte. It's Kenzie's brother Liam a Navy SEAL who is KIA'd during a rescue in Afghanistan. Even though his best friends are there, his SEAL team, things aren't adding up. We meet Noah in book one who also knows Liam and Kenzie's is off working on Liam's bucket list. His list may conta
Kodie Mackay
So this is my first read in a hot minute!. A week of camping craziness with no signal has had me feeling deprived. I must admit I'm super happy that this is the first book I read after what felt like years. Dramatic, maybe. But for me who reads everyday without fail it was torture and this was exactly what I needed.

Having not read anything from this author I jumped right in at the deep end reading the second book in this series. I can happily say that although I'm definitely going to read the fi
Selma
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 kinky stars

Renegade is the second book in the Phoenix Rising series by Brynley Blake. I would strongly advise you to read Rogue, the first book, prior to this one in order to understand what's going on. This book is romantic suspense with a little touch of BDSM. While the first one was heavy on the action and mystery side, which I've personally loved and enjoyed very much, this story was more centered around the friendship between the hero and heroine which suddenly turns into a sexual affair.
Valeen Robertson
Renegade is the continuation of the Phoenix Rising series. This time it's Walker (Liam's SEAL brother) and Gemma's story of best friends-to-lovers. Walker is in town on his continuing quest to investigate Liam's death. He and Gemma have been best friends since they were teens. She helped him learn to read and graduate from high school and he protected her from her mother's sleazy boyfriends and helped her learn to open up, let go and live. 9 years later they're still best friends and there has n ...more
Eva
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
book 2 of the phoenix rising series, renegade, picks up right where rogue left off. kenzie and noah are off in malaysia trying to find clues to liam's bucket list, while walker follows up with gemma and charlotte on things at home.

liam's bucket list takes walker and gemma to the west coast. where they try to connect the dots between the actions he took just before his death and whether or not the rumors of liam's betrayal is true. it also takes them to a place where the limits of their long time
LJT
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked Renegade by new to me author Brynley Blake, however, I felt that some pertinent details were lacking from the intriguing subplot. After perusing some of the reviews and the synopsis of book one, I believe reading this series in order will provide the greatest enjoyment.

Wedding Photographer Gemma Ward, and Navy SEAL Walker Kincaid, have been best friends for nine years. They always have fun together and their friendship is very powerful. Due to some BDSM photos on Walter's computer, Gemma
Miriam Wolfe
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

While I did not read the first book of the series, I was able to understand the plot of the story and kept engaged in the story. I think that after reading this story, I want to read the first book and see how Noah and McKenzie met.

I liked that Gemma and Walker were able to be friends for so long and keep their relationship strictly platonic, and really valued their friendship. There is such a great mix of romance, intrigue, and drama that it was ha
Barbara
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great book 2 in the series! The author has once again done an amazing job at writing a great storyline with characters that the reader can totally relate to as well as feel their every emotion.

While Mckenzie is still off conquering her deceased brother Liam’s Bucket List, back home his best friend and Navy Seal buddy, Walker, is in the States trying to solve the mysteries surrounding Liam’s death. He ends up on this mission with his oldest and dearest friend Gemma. It’s during one of his
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"This is book 2 in the Phoenix Rising series. Walker is best friends with Gemma. He introduced her to his best friend Liam's sister and they became roommates in college and partners in business since college. Walker is a Navy Seal and his best friend Liam was killed in action. Now there is rumors that Liam was running guns for the drug cartel and Walker wants to clear his name as well as keep Liam's sister safe.

Angel Hatfield
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
While only in her mid-20s, Gemma is bored with sex. She’s yet to find a partner to truly satisfy her. While meeting potential new clients, she believes her sexual fantasies have been answered. Now she needs to convince him she’s not as naive as he thinks. It just so happens that her oldest best friend, Walker, was in town and Gemma believes he’d be perfect to help her gain experience.
So, this book was much better than I thought it would be. My favorite person in the book was Walker. His characte
Lori
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great continuation from the first book as far as the secondary plot goes! We learn a little more of what has happened to Liam, McKenzie from the first book's brother. And it is a doozy! But this book 's love story is for Gemma and Walker. I love friends to lovers theme stories. This one does not disappoint. They are explosive together along with being protective, funny, and knowing the other better than anyone else. I loved how they trusted each other and knew when to push or hold back. T ...more
Milena
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, steamy
I received an ARC of Renegade from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Renegade is the second book in Phoenix Rising series and is best read after the first book. This book is centered around a new couple, Gemma and Walker, but the mystery of missing guns and involvement of Walker's fellow Navy Seal, Liam Prescott, that stared in Rogue continues to unravel in Renegade. I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the combination of action and scorching hot romance. I rea ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I am totally hooked on this series. This fast paced story was so well written that I could not believe I had put it down since page one. Walker and Gemma's chemistry was off the charts as they worked through their version of BDSM, while at the same time trying to get answers to the mystery that they are surrounded by. And hold on to your hats when you read the epilogue as the information given will make you scream until the next book in the series is written. I highly recommend this book. Five s ...more
Sharing
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was so hard to put down! It had suspense, romance, dominant/submissive, and plenty of steamy scenes. I loved Gemma and Walker! I loved their chemistry, and I loved that they were friends first who denied their feelings. This is the first book I have read by Brynley Blake, and I definitely want to read the first in the series, and can't wait for the next book to find out what happens next.
Kim Vanravenswaay
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion it would be best to read this series in order. Renegade is book two, Rogue is book one.
Walker is a fantasy man for me. Meaning I can't wait to have dirty fantasies about him. Gemma is a very lucky woman, and a plus is that he's also her best friend. Both Gemma and Walker are beginners when it comes to BDSM. He's so tender with her and she is so responsive. I really enjoyed Renegade.
Tami
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blake-b
Best friends to lovers trope. This another of my favorite tropes. The action in the back story is pretty awesome too. I started following this author after I found the #1 in this series and fell in love with it. She won't let you down in her second in the series either.

Carey
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in this trilogy. I recommend reading book 1 before reading this book as both book 1 & book 2 end in semi-cliffhangers, which I hate but I got hooked & have to finish reading to the HEA!! I really liked this book! Some light BDSM & some hot sex scenes too! This series is worth checking out in my opinion!
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I was completely lost by not reading the first book. I made that mistake and was lost. I wish it was stated that this really is Book 2 .... not just book 2 in a series that could be read as a stand alone.
A lifelong reader with a taste for adventure, Brynley Blake writes the writes the kind of books she likes to read: steamy contemporary romances featuring smart, sassy heroines with a sense of humor and strong, dominant alpha males who love their women a little feisty.

She lives in Texas with her family and an assortment of pets, and loves rainy days, hot coffee, cold beer, red wine, traveling, and

Phoenix Rising (2 books)
  • Rogue (Phoenix Rising #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)