Start by marking “Unloved” as Want to Read:
Unloved

Unloved

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  3,161 Ratings  ·  650 Reviews
My name is Cassidy Porter...

My father, Paul Isaac Porter, was executed twenty years ago for the brutal murder of twelve innocent girls.

Though I was only eight-years-old at the time, I am aware - every day of my life - that I am his child, his only son.

I promised myself,
Published October 8th 2017 by Katharine Gilliam Regnery

To ask other readers questions about Unloved, please sign up.

Margarita
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ I am it is not released yet - if I am correct it will be released this weekend - the people (like myself ) received review copies that is why there are…moreit is not released yet - if I am correct it will be released this weekend - the people (like myself ) received review copies that is why there are already reviews ...(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Unloved (stand-alone). Cassidy & Brynn, two deserving, but unloved beings & a twist of fate that opens the door for love!

“She is everything I want that I can’t have…”

Unloved (stand-alone) opens up to Brynn Cadogan taking steps to move on with her life two years after a tragedy. She heads to Mount Katahdin for closure and to say goodbye to her past.

Hermit Cassidy Porter was taken away from civilization after his father was convicted of serial murders. He made a promise never t
*****FIVE+++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I’m just…in awe, and that’s how awe sounds. I don’t know how to feel this much love for someone. It hurts to love her this much. And yet I wouldn’t trade this moment even to cleanse my blood of my father’s poison.

photo eb064c2e-2717-4dbf-bc9b-277629d2ddfd_zpsltqp86nv.jpg

UNLOVED is the story of one EPIC romance between two would be ”star-crossed lovers”. I was captivated from the very first page and was so completely consumed by this beautiful story that I devoured it in less than a day! Katy
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“And the
world
stops
spinning.
And all the oxygen made by every tree in that forest is sucked away, leaving me light-headed.
Because I have never seen such a beautiful woman in my life.”

DNF at 65%

description

Unloved is one of those books. It's a book not meant for everyone. It's a book that will leave you smiling. It's a book that will shatter you no matter what happens.

description

I was beside myself when I received this ARC because this was on my most anticipated list. I loved the premise of the story and the lil' craz
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 Live Quiet Stars

photo 800px-TjWikiKatahdin_zpsix6nfa5g.jpg

One night can change your life, that's what happened to Brynn when her fiance was killed in a mass shooting. Since that night Brynn has turned into a hermit, she is a web designer who works from home so that made it easier to lock herself away. One night while looking through the box of her fiance's things she finds his phone, she is sure the last message on it was him telling her to climb his favourite mountain. She is determined to do just that.
Jem is showing me, from the g
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

UNLOVED: Is a full length standalone novel by Katy Regnery and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This is Brynn Cadogan and Cassidy Porter's story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We’re first introduced to thirty year old Brynn who was planning a wedding to the love of her life Jem the last thing she ever expected though was to get a visit by the police saying that he'd been killed, two years have passed and she's become a hermit in her own home, life has stopped, she struggles just to carry on with day to day life.
She'd
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Before we even get started...

I admit it. Most of the reviews for this one are positive. Then there is me.

Brynn is grieving her fiancé Jem. He was killed in a mass shooting and she has not come to terms with his death. She finally turns on his cell phone that she was given two years ago and in it she finds a text with her name and the name of some big mountain in Maine that I've already forgotten the name of. Brynn feels like she might be able to move on if she visits the mountain to bury the la
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katy Regnery Fans, Romance
5 Could Not Stop Reading Stars
* * * * *Spoiler Free
2018 RITA and Golden Heart Finalist for Mainstream Fiction with a Central Romance

Every time we start a book, we all say a silent prayer it will take you on a journey that will compel you to immerse yourself fully. It doesn't matter the genre, troupe or style... I think the singular desire is to have a reading experience which won't allow you to put the book down until it is finished.

I am very lucky because I have had many experiences just like
Natalie The Biblioholic
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2xumRxc

Cassidy Porter had it rough. As the only son of Paul Isaac Porter, a man who was found guilty of the rape and murder of twelve girls, he was treated as the spawn of evil. Truly, the son of the devil must be just like the devil, right? That’s the thing about small towns - you can’t escape the gossip or the judgment. But here’s the thing… Cassidy was nothing like his father. Everyone knew, in their hearts, that he was a good boy. However, DNA is a funny thing and no
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. For ME personally I think it implies a darkness to the read (along with the blurb) that really isn't a good reflection of the story. That said, the composition and title work are both good. So it isn't a BAD cover just maybe not that great a representation of the story itself.description

descriptionI enjoyed this one. It didn't exactly turn out to be what I thought it was going to be based on the blurb (a dark romance) but it was still an excellent read. The writing was fantastic. The pace was good.
Jeannine Allison
"Who told you that you had to stay unloved?"
I've been ready to read this for months. It was the kind of book that I hadn't realized I was dying to read until it existed... if that makes any sense? Probably not since it's closing in on 2 AM, but the point is: I was freaking ready for this book. And like the lady boss she is, Katy Regnery didn't let me down. There were a couple things that swayed my rating, but I think they had more to do with my expectations than anything else. This is still
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

OMG!! I fell absolutely in love with this story. With its heart-wrenching feels, gorgeously swoony love story, and unexpected surprises, this book really was the complete package! An addictive romance entwined with a mystery in a way that kept my undivided attention as I read. If you're looking for a amazing new book to read, definitely try this!

*Side note* I need to start this review with explaining something that might be super obvious to you but was quite confusing to me. Cassidy is a male --
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "Everything" Stars

What can I say about Unloved? First and foremost is that I LOVED it. The beautiful and methodical storytelling of Katy Regnery is a true journey of love. A love story like know other. A reawakening of being and feeling alive to where the Unloved becomes Loved.

What every wonderful love story does, is take the reader on a journey. It brings two people together......the why and how is how the author captures and engages the reader. This journey lead me to highs and lows, sadness
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Cassidy has been raised by other people’s beliefs and fears. They manifested themselves so strongly that he as an adult lives a very isolated and solitary life. Without much human contact. When he comes across Brynn everything he’s been taught to believe and live by comes into question. One thing is certain. He’s drawn and attracted to her and when she’s in danger only one thing matters. Rescuing Brynn.
Brynn also lives a very isolated life because of a horrible and tragic experience two years ag
Emma Scott
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 You’re killing me, Smalls! stars

Sweet, tortured beta male? ✅
Smart, emotionally intelligent writing? ✅
A plot twist I honestly did not see coming? ✅
Realistic depiction of grief and moving on and finding your way back to love? ✅✅✅

The situation was an intense one, but the fiction of it was well-balanced by the emotional realism and depiction of the characters. Moreover the writing is just so damn smart. Bonus points for referencing my all-time favorite novel in the entire universe A Prayer for Ow
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Dilek VT
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
Solid 4 stars!

My name is Cassidy Porter...
My father, Paul Isaac Porter, was convicted twenty years ago for the brutal murder of twelve innocent girls. Though I was only eight years old at the time, I am aware, every day of my life, that I am his child, his only son. To protect the world from the poison in my veins, I live a quiet life, off the grid, away from humanity. I promised myself, and my mother, not to infect innocent lives with the darkness that swirls within me, waiting to make itself k
Katy Regnery
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
(Excerpt from Unloved, a love story by Katy Regnery. All rights reserved. Coming October 2017.)

I pull the curtain to her room aside and feel my whole body recharge just from the simple act of checking on her. The covers rise and fall softly as she sleeps with her dark hair spread out on the stark white cotton of the pillow. My heart swells until my chest feels tight and I rub the place over my heart with my palm, wondering if—I mean, if there was a parallel universe in which I was allowed to con
Paige
4 “Always” Stars

Unloved was a unique story that was not what I expected but wonderful nonetheless. A bit dark, very emotional, with twists I didn’t see coming, Katy Regenery gave a book I won’t soon forget.

ARC provided to A is for Alpha B is for Books for honest review.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

“There’s are no guarantees. Only a monster would gamble with someone else’s life when the possibility of a tragic outcome is so much higher than average.”

This book was on my radar from the moment I read that heart stopping blurb. Being the son of a serial killer and falling for a woman who makes you want to have a normal life?! I was prepared to INHALE the crap out this story and bask in the high effect of what I was going to experience and even though I’m a bit disappointed, I can’t take a
Jen
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read, except how the twist came out... I didn’t care for the it...Review to come <3
Alex ♈
Very unique story.

I never read about a hero, or any character, with similar background. My heart broke for the little boy; and I saw the hero as a lost child, even when he was 27.

Beautiful love story. But the twist and events surrounding it were a bit too unrealistic. I know its fiction, but I still couldn’t believe no one saw the ‘secret’.

Very beautifully and poetic written, especially the chapters from his POV.

My high rating is mostly for the writing and psychological aspect of the story.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
4.5 Stars! Katy's Regnerys done it yet again. Loved Unloved!!! These characters grabbed ahold of my heart & dug in for the long haul. Becoming attached to them and their story was easy and quick. How could anyone not when you're talking about Cass and Brynn?

The heartbreaking events of their pasts and those that lead these two to each other will stay with you from beginning to end and beyond, yet the bits of sunshine and warmth do peek through as we readers just go along for the ride.

It's w
Bindi Boo
Oct 09, 2017 rated it liked it
3 stars

Started off SO awesome.. then the middle bit became too dramatic and unbelievable.
Brynn, who is mourning her dead fiancee meets Cassidy, a socially awkward and isolated mountain-man after an attack on the mountains. He medically treats her and allows her to heal, all while becoming friends then falling completely in love with each other. The problem? Cassidy has a HUGE secret.. one that makes him unlovable and perhaps not the best choice for a happily ever after. So he pushes her away. B
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Unloved by Katy Regnery ~ all the shinning stars!

“Who told you that you had to stay unloved?”

Holy cracker!!! What the heck did I just read??? There is no way I am going to spoil this book for you because trust me you will be knocked on your a** right about 70% through the book. You have to read it and experience it for yourself. Just when I thought I was at the end of the tunnel, my HEA is within grasp … WRONG. I am pretty sure my heart stopped a beat from the shock of how Cassidy’s identity unf
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
What a corker!

Moving, lovable, interesting.

It was a sad, sad read at times, giving the joy and love a kick. This is one hell of a romance, two cute, good and wholesome characters. Good angst, action, drama. The LOT!

Both the hero and heroine were so cute, and they made you feel for them so hard.

I'm gutted it's over, i sped through it like a banshee.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
Lisa Aiello
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cassidy Porter is the young son of a murderer. He is shunned and bullied in the small town in which he lives, and his family feels they have no choice but to move him off the grid so he doesn't fulfill the legacy of being "his father's son". While his mother and grandfather don't intentionally mean him harm, they are fearful that the darkness lives within him, and instill in him that he must live a quiet life. At 27 years old, he is now alone and unloved, living in exile, afraid of who he has th ...more
Betul
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Brynn. My... angel. My greatest... treasure."

When I first saw the cover and read the blurb of Unloved I thought it was a dark romance, which is NOT the case. This is a beautiful and sometimes emotional contemporary romance. Even though this book wasn't what I expected, I still enjoyed it a lot. Both Brynn and Cassidy were great characters and the chemistry between them was amazing. My heart broke for Cassidy, he went through so much and is still
Auntee
I've been pondering how to review this one since I finished it days ago. How to convey how much I loved it and to convince other readers to give it a try...

I can't do it. Sometimes the ones you've loved the most just leave you speechless. But I'll try.

Cassidy Porter, 27, has been living off the grid for most of his life. Well, ever since his serial killer dad was arrested and convicted of raping and murdering numerous young girls. His mother decided it would be best to leave town with young Cass
Leonor
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin-hero, safe
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ★'s

“You will always be my treasure.”

Both Cassidy and Brynn have been through some tough things in life and both have pulled away from people. When Brynn decides to get some closure, her life is turned upside down and that's when she meets Cassidy.

Your heart will hurt for Cassidy. He and his Mom find out when Cassidy is about nine years old that his Dad is a serial killer. When life becomes rough in his small town, they move to the wilderness to live with his Grandpa.

Since that time, it
Turning Pages At ...: Unloved by Katy Regnery 13 21 Nov 04, 2017 08:51AM
Goodreads Librari...: Unloved by Katy Regnery 3 201 Oct 18, 2017 01:31PM
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery started her writing career by enrolling in a short story class in January 2012. One year later, she signed her first contract and Katy’s first novel was published in September 2013.

Now exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of the multi-titled Blueberry Lane Series, which follows the English, Winslow, Rousseau, Story, and Amb
More about Katy Regnery

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99

“Sometimes my sadness and my anger still feel as hard as ice; that's how I saw them for a long time, in fact. Sadness and anger, an infinitely wide, infinitely thick casing of frost around my heart. Many days, I didn't know how my heart kept beating. And there were days, I'm ashamed to admit now, I just wished it would stop.
But it kept throbbing with life, like it knew that someday the ice would melt. I both dread and welcome the idea of that day. Loving someone new will hold such immeasurable risk for me- how could I bear losing someone all over again?- but living like this for the rest of my life? In a constant state of grief? It's the only thought more unbearable than moving on. Because this isn't living. This is barely existing.”
3 likes
“I want to say something to make it all better as we walk in silence towards the parking garage, but nothing can take back my thoughtless words, and besides, I don't really want to whitewash the way I feel.” 2 likes