Start by marking “Sledgehammer (Hard to Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sledgehammer (Hard to Love, #2)

Sledgehammer

(Hard to Love #2)

Amber Jones is in a pickle. And when I say pickle, I mean a world of trouble. She knew she shouldn’t have gone to her ex’s New Year’s Eve party. And she reeeaally didn’t mean to almost burn down his house. Now she needs a good lawyer, stat. But where to find one?

Ethan Vaughn is a very busy man. He really shouldn’t have agreed to spring Amber Jones out of jail. As the most
ebook
Published September 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Sledgehammer, please sign up.
P. Dangelico Not yet but I'm shooting for late June early July. Can't take these things out of the oven too soon or you'll get a big pile of somethin' bad ;)
P. Dangelico Hi Mica, no it's told from Amber's POV. All the titles from the hard to love series refer to the female leads and their struggles to find *cough*…moreHi Mica, no it's told from Amber's POV. All the titles from the hard to love series refer to the female leads and their struggles to find *cough* avoid love. The It takes two series that will have overlapping characters (Stella Donovan is Mercedes' daughter) will be told in dual POV. Hope that helps :) (less)

✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Well, it's official.....
I'm a fan of Ms. Paola Dangelico and her delicious weaving of a slow-burn tale.

description

Since reading Wrecking Ball, I have been itching to get my hands on this book. I'm so glad Ms. Dangelico took the unsolicited advice I offered in my review of Wrecking Ball and focused this story on Ethan and Amber.

description

Okay... yes, I know... it wasn't me who influenced her to put Ethan and Amber together for Sledgehammer, but I am so glad she did!

Ethan is a hawt-as-hell-with-muscles-to-spare sports
Jen
4.25 Fancy Stars

I’m convinced that men like Ethan Vaughn are put on this planet to make the rest of us feel bad about ourselves. He’s too... perfect.

Amber Jones is having a rough night. On top of finding out her ex-fiance is engaged (at his parents New Years Eve party, no less) she might have overreacted just a scosh and accidentally set their kitchen on fire. Her one phone call from jail leads her to expect her bff will be springing her from the joint. What she gets instead is her yummy frenemy
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis is an OK cover. It's fairly generic but the hero does wear a suit, so it's a good representation of him. Good composition and title work as well. The yellow makes the title POP on the black and grey background.description

descriptionThis book is going to be a pain in the ass for me to review. It started off great and it ended great. The middle...not so great. It was funny and charming from beginning to end. The heroine was a hoot. The writing was good. The hero seemed sweet (if a little underdeveloped) but then a
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: P. Dangelico Fans, Romance
4 Slow Burn Dance Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
In January of 2017, I discovered P. Dangelico and it made me a very happy camper. She started my New Year off to a flying start, reading-wise. In this series Hard to Love, she gave us people who were not the easiest... people who had flaws... and people who loved hard.

In Sledgehammer, she has stayed true to her concept. These two characters may not be the easiest to love, but when they love each other, it is hardcore through and through. This gives
Alex ♈
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe

I want to crawl under the bed and weep…

Let’s pretend it’s not my review…

I had very high expectations, I anticipated this book for months… and it was the reason I was slightly disappointed.
Another brushstroke to my critical image of weird reader… After reading and rereading Wrecking Ball, I created Amber’s character in my head. I wrote my Amber in my mind; and when my vision of her didn’t match the book’s character, I was floored.

Isn’t it weird?
Just stop, Alex!
Ugh!

Don’t rely on my o
Mads
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot, cr
Will redo review when I get the time :)
Denisa
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Yay!

First off, I gave it 4 stars not 3 because it was better than I expected.
So maybe it wasn't all that memorable or edgy, but it was cute and fun. Even more, it made me smile from time to time. I know, I know, these are not reasons to give a book 4 stars, but I can't help it, I feel the need to reward it for making me curious.

Anyway, it's a pretty normal romance. I can't say I liked it at first, the female MC was pretty annoying, but I grew to love (ok, more like "like") her. Fast, cute,
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Omg omg this book *sigh* why havent I read it sooner??? It was amazing! P. Dangelico delivers a refreshing,funny,sweet,romantic and sexy story! I fall in love with Amber and Ethan ! Amber is the girl I would love to have as best friend!! She is funny and sassy and omg Ethan just stole my heart and make me swoon over him! He is protective , sweet and cute!! I enjoyed their relationship a lot and I couldn’t get enough of these two together!!! More to come soon!!

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰

Talk about a bell shaped read. I had to sit on this one a few days to really think about it. There are things that I liked about it, but the beginning and the end were rough.

Hard to Love is an apropos series title in more ways than one if you catch my drift which made my relationship with Amber… complicated. She’s all bark and no bite, but she has a good heart and she keeps her head in *most* crises. I understand her defense mechanism is to be abrasive and she hides behind it but that d
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
This is clearly the case of "it's me, not the book" or maybe "I'm the minority here"
So I'm really torn apart on how I should rate this one.

I loved the heroine when the book started, LO.VED.HER.

Here's some of her quotes.

“Hurting my feelings would require that I care what you, or any man thinks, and I assure you I don’t. Quite frankly, after tonight, I am this close to moving to the Isle of Lesbos”

“If you have a problem with it, get on your high horse and go file a complaint with the Bureau of
P. Dangelico
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-by-author

description
Pre-Order available for September 11 release date!
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XQDLJQ/...
iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/sled...
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/sled...

Chapter reveal coming soon!
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
***I received this arc courtesy of Netgallery in exchange for an honest review***

The verdict is in, people. I loved it!

You absolutely have to read this book, its was freaking fantastic. Amber is my spirit animal. I loved her. I haven't laughed/smiled so much in a while, my facial muscles ache, way to cure my disuse athrophy.

I used to think MZ was the only queen of slow burn but PD is trying to prove me wrong with this book. Amber was such a strong character, she was witty, had a backbone and did
5 Fancy Stars!!!

Confession: I have a THING for lawyers. And when I say a THING, I mean an OBSESSION. Maybe it’s the suit. Maybe it’s the ego. Maybe it’s the brain. I don’t know, but I cannot resist a lawyer.

Vaughn. (Aka Fancy McButterpants ) Oh, the brood. Be still….my heart…and my ovaries….Ok, let’s be honest, my ovaries weren’t very still during this book. He is the perfect hot lawyer that gets my juices flowing. What’s crazy is that he isn’t your everyday, neighborhood asshole. In the begin
Alla
Loved it! A fabulous rom-com that had me in a fit of laughter again and again.
If you like that genre of books, I highly recommend it!
NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "What are you wearing???" stars***

“I guess some people only get one chance at love.”

I'm blaming the reviews!!!! Yep, exactly, as you heard it!!! I'm blaming the reviews for my delay to read this book, to continue with this series when i loved the first book!!!!
The most people were comparing it to the first book, so they were saying that they didn't enjoy it as much as the first one and because I'm a person that can easily be affected, now i'm literally kicking myself because it took me
Annika
description

"Fancy McButterpants, you're my unicorn. Without you, my story has no happy ending."

Aaaaand 5 stars go to... Amber Jones and Ethan Vaughn... aka Fancy McButterpants, Fancy Pants, His Holy Fanciness, Tommy McPervertpants, Typhoid Mary... Want me to go on?

No surprise. I knew without a doubt that I would love this book when I read the blurb. Even before that, actually, when I learned that it was going to be centered around two of the most amazing romance sidekicks ever. And I wasn't disappointed
Francoise
A sweet and funny enemies to lovers story! Paola Dangelico always manages to make every story unique and immensely entertaining. The great thing about this book is that it grabs you from the moment you start reading and the story flows very naturally. You really get involved with the characters as their story unfolds, and we follow Amber and Ethan in a delighting adventure of friendship and love.

Amber Jones is an aspiring actress who has sworn off relationships and is focusing on her desire for
Jess
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I seriously didn’t think this series could get any better. Well, I stand corrected. SLEDGEHAMMER is one hell of an epic ride and I’m sitting here with a giant smile wishing like hell I could go back and re read this piece of awesome.

I literally loved everything. Not one thing is wrong with this fabulous book. Ethan, you wonderfully sexy adoring man you. I simply couldn’t get enough. You’ve stolen my heart and you can keep it. You’ve won me over ten fold. LA SIGH.

Everyone, drop what you’re doin
Damjana
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 - "slow burn romance from haters, than friends to lovers" stars
Rê

4.5 “Slow burning me” Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you!!!!

Last year, I was going through a reading slump when I started Wrecking Ball, the first book in the Hard to Love series (P.S.: the series title is wrong, because these books are super easy to love). The same thing was happening when I decided to start Sledgehammer. The result was the same: I’m now cured.

I was going to wait to start this book until next week because I have other ARCs that needed my immediate attention due to their release da
Bindi Boo
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

First book by this author and it was well written, witty and super sweet.
I however detested the heroine a little, especially at the end. She just kept shoving the hero away! Perhaps i'm a bit sick of that trope but nothing gets me like a woman ready to fight for her relationship. Also, it took me a while to like the heroine- she was very brash, obnoxious with a I-don't-care attitude but we later find out that is all a big cover up to an otherwise kind hearted, endearing little girl.
Ira
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I love it!!
You will love it too if you like characters driven story type of book.
It feels better than Cal's and Cam's story.

Also, you can see that Ms. Dangelico is not a MZ wannabe and she certainly as talented as MZ.
She managed to change how I feel about Amber from dislike to like then love her at the end.
Amber is not a typical heroine I would normally read in my book, she is full with anger and always had this feeling that she always mad with the world.

And Ethan? He is a perfect guy

Cheating: none
HEA: yes with kid
Triggers: none

Average score: 5/5

Best Line: “You can count on me.”

Worst Line: “This isn’t some romance novel. This is real life”

Personal Review:
A great romance between a loyal lawyer and a spunky actress.

Random Ramblings:
•I am really hoping the h will do this book justice because I loved the previous book
•I applaud her for not
Kindling Micky
More of an angsty read than book one with a heroine I liked (eventually) but didn't love; I just wanted to her to get real, stop hiding and show her vulnerability. Ethan however, made up for a lot (a real lot). I do love a good guy and he was one of those. It was slow-burny and delicious heat. A fun addition to the series.
maggieandteddy
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book starts off with a bang. Almost literally. Amber's in jail for arson. She's accused of starting a fire at her ex's parents home.
Amber's got a surly, snarky abrasive attitude. Which came first, the attitude or the fire?
The next pages told me. Amber told me. This is first person POV. Amber's inner monologue is very funny. This is her story to tell.
Then Ethan appears to save the day. Tall and hunky Ethan. He's not a criminal attorney but gets her referred to one that can help her.
I hav
Lučka
3.5*

I (probably) would have loved this book if I was reading it at another time. But when you binge read an amazing MC series for three weeks straight and your state of mind is still floating on a cloud nine, every other book has flaws. I know, it sucks, but it is what it is. So, take this review with a grain of salt.

The writing style of Ms. Dangelico works for me. It's light, humorous and the words are fast flowing, making me read her books quickly with no chance of boredom. The narration is in
Michelle
Amber is amazing!!

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

I don't know what it is about this series but I luv the woman. In it I thought Cami was brilliant in the first book Wrecking Ball but Amber is even better. She cracked me up laughing throughout the whole book. Her witty movie quotes and just the way she carried herself is brilliant. Life hasn't been great but she has tried to live her life. But she hasn't put herself first in a long time. Her grandmother meant everything to get but she wasn't well and it was getting harder to
jenny
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally, I got to reading the second book in the Hard to Love series. I loved the first book, Wrecking Ball, and I really really enjoyed Sledgehammer. It was a fun slow burn romance.

We have a strong and funny heroine, Amber…
’Guilty as charged. I name my vibrators after my book boyfriends. If you have a problem with it, get on your high horse and go file a complaint with the Bureau of I Don’t Give A Stinking Shit.’
And a totally hot and swoon-worthy hero, Ethan (also known as Fancy McButterpa
Paula
I'm loving this series! I LOVED this book! It was fun, witty, and so very sexy. The characters, the plot, the slow burning sexual tension...everything was so good that I couldn't stop reading. I'm pretty sure every page made me laugh or swoon. And the hero totally stole my heart!
Amber
5 stars!

I really love P. Dangelico and her ability to deliver an amazing slow-burn novel that I've only been able to find in Mariana Zapata books. I think it has to do with the fact that the story is told only from the heroines POV, leaving her and the reader wondering what the hero is thinking. It also has to do with the sexual tension that builds up 3/4 of the way through the book before anything happens. I freaking just love it!

We meet Amber and Ethan in Wrecking Ball, which if you haven't
  • Christening (Nameless, #1.5)
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Bindings (Bindings, #1)
  • Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love, #2)
  • Knot (Wake Family, #1)
  • Beguiling (Tempting, #2)
  • Bad (Bad. Dirty. Power. #1)
  • Sway
  • This Sky
  • Enamor
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • Take Me with You
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Drowning Erin
  • The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)
"If it sounds like writing, I rewrite it.” ― Elmore Leonard

Visit my website:

Get to know me at my Facebook Page:

Join my Facebook reading Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PDang...

Visit my Instagram account:

I will reluctantly give you my Twitter handle (*rolls eyes* unfortunately the day has co

Hard to Love (3 books)
  • Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Bulldozer (Hard to Love #3)
“My brainwaves flat lined. You can’t blame me––that face is a goddamn murderer of gray matter.” 1 likes
“I guess some people only get one chance at love.” 1 likes