Start by marking “Skin & Earth #2” as Want to Read:
Skin & Earth #2

Skin & Earth #2

(Skin & Earth #2)

Skin&Earth is a story of a girl looking for hope in a hopeless world. Caught between romance and cults, gods and mortals, and just trying to find a good borscht, Enaia Jin is lead down a dark path by new lovers that reveal a twisted fantasy world and her own true nature. Set in a post-apocalyptic future where corporations rule, this adventurous tale of loneliness, ...more
Published August 9th 2017 by Dynamite

To ask other readers questions about Skin & Earth #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin & Earth #2

Start your review of Skin & Earth #2
fablesandwren
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
WrensReads Review:

I went to LIGHTS concert last night. And my LAURD, this girl is even better live than on her albums. I’m serious. She has such power and passion and stage presence that I couldn’t take my eyes off her.

And I learned that she actually drew all the illustrations in these comics? Like what can’t this woman do? She is an advocate for those who need it, she draws phenomenally, her story telling is great and her music is astronomical.

This whole issue is about how nasty a break up can
Bree Hill
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
“My mother always said we see what we want to see in this world. To always look for the glimmer in the rubble..the hidden smile in a momentary gesture. In a world of bad, look for the good. Well, I’m tired of looking. I just want to be found.”

Really enjoying this series so far.
Kim
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great issue, all the feels! Now hopefully all this relationship crap is over and we can learn more about the world En lives in.
Kendra Chanocua corona
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Just amazing.

I can't wait for the next issue!!! Things got raw in this issue. En is tough and Priest is "Savage".
Brandon
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What makes this a truly great read is listening to the songs the chapters are named after. It changes your whole perspective in both songs and chapters. Also, the music videos are the cherry on top; seeing the chapters come to life is another clever touch.

You can now feel the main character's true emotions through the tracks and it's something so ingenious that makes this truly a gem. You bond with En's journey in a whole new other level and Lights deserves all the bad ass credit for this
Elaine Roman
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok so reading Chapter 4 while listening to Savage was amazing! Do it!!
Regina
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
One word: Savage.
Paola (ElvenBookworm)
3.5/5 stars.

This issue went by way too fast! I really enjoyed this one! The setting and these characters have already got me feeling extremely connected to the story. I can really relate to En, especially regarding the major heartbreak that she suffered since, I myself, went through an EXACT "relationship" just like that. The feels were 2 real for me. The progression of the story through pure dialogue was incredible; I'm a sucker for some good ol' character development through dialogue. I
rachael
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second comic in the Skin & Earth series and I'm still loving it! Lights released another single to go along with the release of this issue called 'Savage' and it has quickly become one of my favorite songs. (Also, Josh Dunn, from twenty one pilots, plays the drums in the song.) After reading the first issue, I honestly did not like the character Priest and the romance that En takes up with him. So I'm glad to see that things ended with them in this issue. But I'm hoping for the ...more
Noor Lightwood
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-comics
En is such admirable strong character, she is still trying to hold on to hope even after everything that she been through, she is just trying to enjoy every little things that she have .

Priest is a jerk , she should have never let him be in her life because he does not deserve her. He should go to hell .

Lights is so creative , I never listened to her music but after reading this , I have too, I'm very grateful that she have created such a piece of art. I'm obsessing over it.
honeybean
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
So the fact that LIGHTS is writing/illustrating comics to go along with her album is super cool. Props to her, she is amazing and this is a really nifty idea.

Opinion on the comic itself: I liked the first comic more than this second edition, it was just a big fight with a dumb dude. The world is interesting, I wish there were a bit more on that. and of course, the main character, and the writer, are mega babes.
Mike D
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
The atmosphere of these comics is what is intriguing me. But I don't feel a huge connection to En or do I care for Priest at all. The artwork is beautiful at times and then just average at other times ( I'm not saying I could do better, just that there are inconsistencies). I haven't picked up issue 3 yet, but I look forward to where this is headed.
abby barnett
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
I felt like the plot is moving so quick but I’m trying to pace out reading each issue. My favorite songs are like the first 4 so I really liked this issue as well. SAVAGE IS MY FAVORITE TRACK and I really imagined her S.O. to have done something really shitty in the comic so I was kind of underwhelmed but I still really feel it. Not my favorite issue because I don’t like to see her sad lol.
Gabe
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This comic dives more into character development than the first comic. I really love the art. The first comic really introduced a new setting but left a lot of questions. I'm even more excited to continue the series.
Molly
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline keeps you wanting to read the whole series in one night

Comic #2/6. Story continues and you find out something else is going on beneath the surface. Just go ahead and buy #3 because you won’t want to stop!
Jason
More of the same from issue #1 in a good way. Furthers the story, keeps you interested. Not crazy about the art, which looks unfinished/rough around the edges at times.
San Frazier
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am still trying to figure this one out but I feel like it is well written a nd I am curious to know where the storyline is going.
jedioffsidetrap
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is dumb & shallow—relationship drama in a post-apocalyptic world, seriously?—but nice to look at. Still dumb though...
Joey Woolfardis
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
See review of the full collection of Skin&Earth here.
Francis      x

• Zig-Zag Girl
  • Tin Can Cook: 75 Simple Store Cupboard Recipes
  • Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 4
  • Let Her Go
  • Pain by The Authors of Pain: The debut poetry collection from WWE tag team and literary powerhouse The Authors of Pain.
  • とつくにの少女 5 [Totsukuni no shōjo 5]
  • とつくにの少女 4 [Totsukuni no shōjo 4]
  • Waiting for Spring 7 (Waiting for Spring, #7)
  • 春待つ僕ら 6 [Haru Matsu Bokura 6] (Waiting for Spring, #6)
  • とつくにの少女 6 [Totsukuni no shōjo 6]
  • The Captain and the Glory: An Entertainment
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2 (The Girl from the Other Side, #2)
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 3
  • American Mythology Dark: Werewolves Vs Dinosaurs #1
  • Fearless Defenders #5
  • Rock Steady (Rock Band, #2)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)
Always pushing boundaries, alt-pop phenomenon Lights has never shied away from a challenge. Through her first three records, Lights built an incredibly passionate fanbase, selling out tours around the world, earning 100M in U.S. streams, 200K in U.S. album sales, and two JUNO Awards, not to mention the 2M + rabid fans who follow her every move online. Yet through this success, she felt like she ...more

Skin & Earth (6 books)