Start by marking “Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane Series #1)

Bound by Blood

(Cauld Ane #1)

Dr. Samantha Moore is one of the youngest and most acclaimed researchers in the world. Her specialty is blood and she has been recruited by the largest pharmaceutical company in Scotland. For what purpose she cannot begin to imagine, but in an attempt to break out of her painfully shy shell, she throws caution to the wind and leaves her family and best friend behind in ...more
Published July 25th 2017 (first published October 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Blood

Start your review of Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane Series #1)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Celibate hero for 100 years. What more can I ask for?
Well this would've been good if it didn't had the cliché OW drama. Of course the hero didn't have anything with this OW and hasn't slept with her either but she wants to and causes drama for the hero and heroine. This OW was a friend of his family and she's one of the Cauld Ane so the heroine feels inferior and insecure.

Loved the hero and he was all about the heroine from the moment he sees her, very insta-love, very possessive and
Janie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Kaylee
Feb 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
DNF. No one says honey and sweetheart at the end of every sentence when they just met the person 3 days ago. Too annoying to finish.
Sophia
A brilliant young female scientist's first venture from home to take a job in Scotland leads to passion, danger, and the ultimate adventure when she encounters a powerful man full of secrets. Not my first time with this author or the series, but I was delighted to go back for where it all began in book one of the Cauld Ane series.

Bound by Blood is the beginning of a paranormal romance series about a secretive race hiding among the humans around them. Kade Gunnach needs the professional expertise
Danielle
So I liked it, insomuch that it hooked me early and I liked the idea of the story. I have an issue with characters who fall in love instantly. Instant lust yes, love no. There are a couple of scenes that were very poor quality. By that I mean Sam's packing at the castle, which just about had me throwing my Ipad, because honestly what is she freaking five? Also, when Kade looses his sh** at the end. It's stupid, just...stupid. And, (last one I swear) when Kade goes to Iceland. Holy resolution ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

I so wanted to like the story but the writing style was not for me.

Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
I was gifted a copy of this book by the author for an honest review.
For me this book has it all. It had me laughing, it had me swooning, it had me frustrated & it had me on the edge of my seat.
Dr. Samantha Moore is a young American woman who has spent her adult years studying Hematology to become the youngest research scientist in the world. Due to spending her formative adult years studying and in the Lab, her ‘people skills’ have not developed.
Samantha is given the opportunity of a
Rebecca
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD, THIS BOOK WAS SO BAD! I'm really trying not to be hypercritical, but I've read some bad books lately. I had high hopes for this, because the premise was alright, but....this one is the worst, so far. To make it easier on my brain, I'll do a list of the things I hated about it.

1. INSTALOVE- I can see how this would work, because of the supernatural aspect and finding the one "mate", but ugh. Take a little time to actually get to know one another.

2. The characters are SO. FUCKING.
Coco.V
Aug 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon & iBooks today (8/10/2019)! ...more
Lorna
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
(RabidReads.com) I luckily found this book recommended by Sophia from Delighted Reader recently. I had never heard of either the series or the author, but I was intrigued after reading her review. It should also be noted that this book was written first as a clean young adult book by the author’s alter ego (also known as her real name),Tracey Jane Jackson. I can safely say that this version is definitely not young adult.

Samantha Moore is a hematologist, a top one in her field, when she is
Samantha Shawhan
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal

This is my first book by this author and my second PR book. I was nervous to read PN, but I'm starting to realize I'm just more interested in the love story, love is love, and I don't care if they are part animal or in this case immortal Vikings!

There were some scenes that could have used a little more details or development. But overall I enjoyed this book. It was a easy read and found myself interested in finding out more. I will have to look into the other books in the series
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’

They are the Cauld Ane, the cold ones, the ancient ones, hidden, while moving through the centuries undetected and coexisting with humankind. Bound by Blood is the first book in the Cauld Ane series by an exceptionally creative author, Tracey Jane Jackson. This first book gives the background needed to understand the characters and storyline for this series. Ms. Jackson has woven a tale of a paranormal world that is so well crafted that it seems real, possible. Kade
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
3.5

I've had this one on my kindle for a long time and finally decided to give it a try. My good friend Kathy Jo loves the series and so I knew I would enjoy it as well.

Dr. Samantha Moore just received a job offer in Scotland and is excited to make a change. When she arrives she realizes she has a strong connection with her handsome new boss, Kade Gunnach. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Samantha. She was just an okay heroine for me. (view spoiler)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I've read Piper Davenport's Dogs of Fire books, and knew that this was totally different, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Boy was I in for a surprise!
This story started out like any other romance. Dr Samantha Moore moves to Scotland to work for a pharmaceutical research company owned by the family of the hero, Dr Kade Gunnach. They are attempting to find a cure for a blood disorder that is threatening his family member. She walks into the company on her first day and BAM! Kade falls in love at
Hollie
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced - Nice Paranormal romance - Good for younger readers

This was a good 3.5 star read for me. I enjoyed it, even though at times I found myself losing interest. It just had more of a young adult feel to in comparison to what I normally read.

Pros:
* didn’t follow the typical paranormal layout, was creative
*well educated heroine
* A very clean read in comparison to normal reads (this almost would fall into a Christian romance/young adult/paranormal genre)
* offered as a freebie, gotta love
Kim  Brewing
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Paranormal" is not my usual go to read, but when a favorite author offers it - I'm in.

Samantha Moore is nervous but excited to start to start a new career opportunity in Scotland. For this American it will be her first time away from her family and best friend Pepper. Dr. Kade Gunnach is looking for answers and is hoping Dr. Moore can provide them. A member of his family depends on him finding these answers. Neither count on the instant connection when they meet.

I freaking loved this story.
Shannon Sonneveldt
The author of the book provided me with a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest review after reading. After reading it, I can only say thank you for allowing me the opportunity. I mean WOW! It is a good thing I started this book on a weekend when I had no pressing deadlines to meet. It had me from the beginning and I couldn't put it down! Fantastic characters, wonderful storyline and writing. When I can read a book and the dialogue between the characters pulls me in and makes me forget ...more
Tina
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free download. Oh my goodness this book was great. I found it hard to put down. Sam is a blood specialist and has been offered a position in Scotland which is almost too good to be true, when she meets Kade for the first time, there's something that happens making them gravitate to the other. The reasons start to manifest and soon Sam finds herself in a world she would never have known existed. This story is paranormal, but I found it magical. The plot is great, lots of back story, and new ...more
Trudy Dowling
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just started reading this series for a third time. It is unique, classy, and addictive. Cauld Ane is a paranormal romance series. But not your typical paranormal romance. The Cauld Ane are not vampires. They are not shifters. They are immortal. To survive they need a cold environment. If you go to visit where a thick sweater, because their homes are chilly. They mainly live in Scotland where the Gunnachs run a Pharamaceutical Company. Book one has Dr. Samantha Moore coming from America to work ...more
Kaffi
A clean romance without a cliffhanger

I thoroughly enjoyed this romantic story. The character development was excellent and the story was well edited. The storyline moves along very nicely and Kade's secret is slowly let out until he is forced to tell Samantha everything. I never got bored with this book! For those that don't like details sex scenes, don't fear, this book has been kept very clean. This is the first book in a series, but it does NOT end with a cliffhanger. Enjoy!
Cheryl
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I downloaded as a free e-book and again was surprised by how good it was. Characters have a lot of depth and the story line is well written and keeps you guessing. This is a supernatural romance with a mystery and assassination plot. There are no vampires, werewolves, fairies, ect. so not what I normally read, but I could not put it down..in fact I just downloaded the 2nd book in the series. THat's how good I think it is.....please take the time and try it...I was pulled in after the first ...more
Anla Gisclair-Etheridge
Somewhere between 3.5 and a 4 star rating. I liked the book, but there were some issues. I thought since the scientist aspect was so prominent in the dis riptide that the main character would find a cure through science and that didn't happen. Felt that there were a few hiccups in the story line but all together a good book. Some plot surprises combined with witty dialogue made it an enjoyable read.
Nellie
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this story. Clean, romantic, fun. I thought the main character, Samantha was a bit weak, and her relationship with Kade went so fast without enough foundation, it made Sam seem like she just caved in to whatever Kade wanted, without enough developing between them. It seemed a little Twilight-ish. But, even with that being said, I still loved it, and look forward to more in this series!
Meredith Cieslik
I absolutely love this book and series! I love the characters and the storyline is super interesting I didn't want to put it down. I've actually read this book about 3 times LOL its my Favorite,I fell in love with sam and kade,I love how protective he is of her.I cant wait to see if we get to read about them again!
Jessica
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pearls –

The story was just phenomenal. It's an intense romance with a hot Scottish guy set in Scotland. Hello! What's not to love? The characters are great the good guys are loveable and the antagonists are detestable. Eat your heart out gold/power digging Shannon!

A full review is available at http://www.writingpearls.com
Megan
I was enjoying this book but then it just ended. It felt so sudden and didn't make a heck of a lot of sense it was like oh the bad guys are all caught now woo.

Aside from that I love the romance between them. So hot! I also love Empaths. I always have.
Scarlet
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book tremendously. I love the alpha male & the sweet & strong willed female characters in books and this book is a great example.
Lydia
May 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's something here, we'll have to see where she goes. Free on Smashwords so definitely worth a try.
Elle Schroder
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Cauld Ane are a form of immortal Vikings, who moved from Iceland to Scotland in the 1400s. The core team that the stories revolve around (at least to start with) include siblings Kade, Connall, Brodie and Fiona, along Fiona's mate Angus and his sister Payton. Most of the Cauld Ane are hundreds of years old, with some of them having been born in Iceland in the 1400s, although Payton is only 14 at the start of the series. There is virtually no explanation as to why they differ from humans. ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Change Main Cover Pic 3 26 Aug 20, 2016 06:39PM
Bound by Blood - 99c LIMITED TIME! 1 7 Mar 10, 2013 04:42PM
Paranormal Romanc...: FREEBIE! 12 97 Jan 25, 2013 07:56PM
Bound by Blood - FREE! 1 8 Dec 25, 2012 07:33PM

• Mating Season (Morgan Clan Bears, #1)
  • Stolen Mate (Wild Lake Origins #2)
  • Broken Wolf (The Blue Mountain Wolf Pack #2)
  • Night Walker (Night, #1)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • My Dragon Masters (Sanctuary, Texas, #2)
  • Beyond the Veil (Vampires of Velum Mortis #1)
  • Gray Wolf Mate (League Of Gallize Shifters, #1)
  • Bren's Blessing (The Quasar Lineage, #1)
  • Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • Riptide (Kismet Cove, #1)
  • Wrenching Fate (Brides of Prophecy, #1)
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (Claws Clause, #1)
  • Heat (Bearpaw Ridge Firefighters, #1)
  • Claimed by her Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates, #1)
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • The Vampire's Last Dance (Witch Island Brides Book 1)
  • A Taste for a Mate (Redwood Pack, #1)
Piper Davenport writes from a place of passion and intrigue. Combining elements of romance and suspense with strong modern day heroes and heroines.

She currently resides in pseudonymia under the dutiful watch of the Writers Protection Agency.

Like Piper's FB page and get to know her!
(www.facebook.com/piperdavenport)

Cauld Ane (8 books)
  • Bound by Fire (Cauld Ane, #2)
  • Bound by Secrets (Cauld Ane, #3)
  • Bound by Song (Cauld Ane, #4)
  • Bound by Dreams (Cauld Ane, #5)
  • Bound by Tears (Cauld Ane, #6)
  • Bound by Light (Cauld Ane, #7)
  • Written on my Heart (The Oracles #1)