Start by marking “Ten Days with the Highlander” as Want to Read:
Ten Days with the Highlander

Ten Days with the Highlander (Love Abroad #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Go-getter Georgia Paxton has ten days to acquire a quaint hotel in the Scottish Highlands for her travel accommodation company before she’s off on her next grand adventure. Too bad the sexy, broody Scot who owns the place is dead against the idea…and that she’s in very real danger of losing their little bet to see who can convince whom first.

There’s no way Callum MacGregor
Published August 14th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Days with the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Days with the Highlander

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ten Days with the Highlander is my first book by Hayson Manning. I will warn you ahead of time, if you read this, be prepared to fight the urge to pack your bags and head for Scotland.

Ten Days With The Highlander - Hayson Manning

Georgia Paxton was raised by wanderlust, hippie-type parents that dragged their two daughters from place to place always looking for something better. Georgia’s sister is happy staying in one place but not Georgia. She seems to have inherited her parents need to stay on the move. She works for LiveAbout, a short-t
Susani

I loved this book! It was just what I was looking for - a completely safe romance with a fabulous H. He was a catch :) I couldn't put the book down. I also really enjoyed the Scottish folklore that was included. The only thing missing for me was an epilogue further into the future.

This was the first time I've read anything from this author and it will not be the last. Thank you Carol [Goodreads Addict] for writing a review and bringing this one to my attention!

Safety
(view spoiler)
Jess
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am such a sucker for anything related to Scotland. TEN DAYS WITH A HIGHLANDER brought me back to one of my favourite places in the whole world! Manning did a great job capturing the spirit of the highlands, and even though this book was quick, fast paced and light, I still loved every minute of it!

Geri Reads
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

Cute story. Very charming characters and very low on angst. Great dialogue and Scotland! Loved the setting on the story. It's a tad too sweet for my mood though. I definitely still liked it but didn't love it.

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Maddy's Reading
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I love scottish guys *Gerard Butler*
Callum was super sweet, yummy and all around good-guy. Georgia is a smart and ambitious business woman who loves to travel. She lands in Scotland to scope out Callum's small town and live in his ancestral hotel.
There is a conflict in theit outlook but inspite of that, there are sparks. I love how they work together and build a friendship/relationship. This book was so much fun to read and made me want to book the next flight to scotland.
Highly recommended!!
Ayekah
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aye please. Ten Days is over the top fantastic and will make you book your trip to Scotland pronto!
Go find your own Callum, he's mine. Him and his magic wand. Dear baby J, this book!!! Hayson hit her stride with this one, the book is just thick with romance and humor done in the best possible way.
Trust me on this one.

Georgia is a moving target, her job as an acquisition rep for a large resort firm, she travels about from place to place targeting potential real estate for her company and never l
Julie
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ten Days with the Highlander by Hayson Manning is an enchanting contemporary romance. No angst and a little folklore from a bucolic location make this romance predictable yet very alluring. I fell in love with the quirky inhabitants of the small village in an isolated area of Scotland, and rooted along with them for Georgia and Callum.

Georgia Paxton’s unconventional upbringing makes her the perfect candidate for her job. Her wanderlust makes a life on the road not just tolerable, but exciting fo
Amy
3.5 Stars!

This book was the perfect escape I was looking for. It was fun and sweet with a dash of sexy. It had some drama and angst, but for the most part, it was a pretty light read. I enjoyed getting lost in the story and the characters.

This is my first book by this author and I look forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Juanita Kees
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A heartwarming story, perfect to curl up with on a cold winter's day. Easy reading, quick and witty, light relief for between more angsty and involved reads. I enjoyed the wordplay between the hero and heroine, and the lovely small town characterisations.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Hayson Manning has been on my author to read list for awhile now. I finally got my chance to read her with Ten Days with the Highlander. Unfortunately, the book and my personality didn't mix well together.

If I say “no” to something or someone that's it. End of story. You're risking your life and the lives of future generations if you keep pushing. Georgia isn't an accept “no” kind of girl. She just kept pushing and pushing until I started not to like her. But wait. I’m getting ahead of myself.
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Author's Pal PR***

I initially expected this to be a historical novel, but it isn't. Instead, Georgia works for a company that seems very similar to another one that rents vacation rentals, and she is in Scotland to convince Callum that he wants to sell to their corporation.

Callum and Georgia do not see the small Scottish town in the same way. Georgia sees a town that needs more: more shops, more tourists, more business, more life. Callum sees a town that is ok t
Miriam Wolfe
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

Georgia arrives at Callum's little village with the intent to get him to sign up his hotel with her company so that she can make him some big bucks and bring tourists to the village. Callum has left the corporate life and that is the last thing that he wants!

It was fun to watch as they are each on opposite ends of this "war" and Callum offers Georgia ten days to change his mind. She really is single minded in trying to show her presentations to Call
Samanthe Beck
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hayson Manning has done it again! She gives us a fun, spunky heroine in Georgia. This woman has brains and heart. She knows who she is, and what she needs to be happy--and it's not a quiet life in a small town in Scotland--which is why she's irritated with herself when her attraction to a man she's supposed to convince to do business with her travel company turns into something deeper.

Callum's a rugged highlander with a heart of gold! He's fascinated by Georgia's energy, her ambition, and her...
Linda Quick
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful book filled with plenty of charm that fans of the genre will adore. Georgia is an aggressive business woman who is a top performer at her company. She was raised by parents that relocated whenever the mood struck them, so never had the opportunity to put down roots. Now, as an adult, she no longer wants to put down roots and loves her traveling lifestyle. Then she travels to Scotland and meets Callum, the inn owner that is strongly locked in the past and refuses any change. ...more
Bette Hansen
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
So cute. So fun. So completely entertaining! Georgia Paxton has ten days to convince Callum McGregor to sell his quaint little hotel to her company. Then her bosses will be in town to wrap things up. Too bad he's dead set against it. Maybe a little wager will sweeten the deal!!

These two characters are so fun together I hated to see the book end. This is a nice quick paced story that is very well done. I think everyone will enjoy it.
Robin Bielman
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book! So cute and heartwarming from beginning to end with a hero who was perfect (that accent! gah!), and a spunky heroine who found where she belonged.
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked both Georgia and Callum and many of the secondary characters as well.

Georgia is an acquisitions person for a travel company. She grew up with a sister (Indiana) and parents that had the travel bug and kept them moving all her life. Georgia hadn't always been happy about constantly moving on but grew up with it and developed a restlessness after a while that kept her from staying in one place for too long.

Callum is the owner of an Inn and Pub in a
Michaelene
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A little nerdy, a lot sweet, and all wrapped up in highland charm and swagger.

I was looking for a quick, fun and flirty read when I ran across Hayson Manning’s Ten Days with the Highlander. I had read some heavy material before this, and I was so happy with the humor that kept me engaged and swoony.

Georgia Paxton has always had the travel bug, and she makes her career visiting new places in hopes of increasing tourism there. Her target is a small town in Scotland and in specific, one hotel owner
Valeen Robertson
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Aww Ten Days With the Highlander is such a sweet, cute read! And sexy too. How can it not be sexy? It's set in Scotland where the men are hot, burly and wear kilts. Be still my heart...

Georgia is off to Scotland to try to convince a local hotel owner to let her company acquire his hotel. Then she'll be off to yet another destination, another adventure. What she didn't plan on was the hotel owner would burrow his way into her previously closed in heart and make her yearn for things like love, and
Becky
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
A cute and quirky contemporary romance!

I loved Georgia and Callum's meet cute (having just taught Mini Moe #2 to parallel park, I shudder to think about trying to do the same on the other side of the road...) and that there's not one, but two adorable pets here; Hello Kitty (a cat, natch) and Delilah (a goat! I never thought I'd be such a goat fan, but OMG she was awesome). Their nicknames for each other were on the strange side (I get the reasoning, but "Corporate" and "Sofa"?) but their banter
Caro
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars.

Well, this was unexpected. This turned out to be better than I thought :-)

Here we meet Georgia and Callum. Georgia wants to add Callum’s hotel to her portfolio and Callum just wants to be left alone, lol.

The thing is, I could understand both their sides; Georgia wanted the world to fall in love with this hotel, this little town and its people, just as much as she has; Callum wants to maintain it as it is, renovating the hotel, yeah, but keep this little gem of a town a secret, and pr
Courtney  Hagel-Swinson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adored this sweet, little story! First off, the tension between Georgia and Callum was off the charts. I loved their banter over the coffee machine--so sexy. They're totally attracted to each other but they seem to tip toe around each other until it's almost unbearable. Callum showing Georgia the charm of his town on several occasions were my favorite part of the book. These parts of the story added real feeling and introduced us to some wonderful secondary characters. To me this book read lik ...more
Isha Coleman
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ten Days With the Highlander (Love Abroad) by Hayson Manning

Georgia is out of her element and in over her head.  Business brought her to the Scottish Highlands.  Beautiful scenery, a brooding Scotland and a fiery attraction are just an added bonus, but when her heart becomes involved, she's forced to rethink her priorities.  Callum serves as the perfect guide for a romantic adventure. Easy on the eyes, fatal to the heart and addictive to the sweet tooth.  Ten Days With the Highlander is a tri
Becca
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a huge smile on my face from the first paragraph to the last. I enjoyed this book so much and the chemistry between Callum and Georgia was through the roof.

Georgia is in Scotland to convince Callum to turn his rustic hotel into the next tourist spot. But Callum was in Georgia’s shoes before… all corporate, no real life… and he’s determined to show her that his life is the better way to live.

The banter, the looks, the towns people, thesexy times… this whole book had me on cloud nine. I high
Heather andrews
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Georgia has no problem sharing her talents with Callum, “did I ever tell you I learned barrel racing?” She kissed her way across his hard stomach, and he hissed out a breath. “I can ride, really ride. Once my thighs are clamped, no amount of bucking is going to get me off.” He swallowed and made a strange sound in his throat." Callum sure does love to admire his girl, “the view I’m looking at isn’t half bad, either.” His hungry gaze roamed over her body." I really liked this book, I found it to ...more
The_Book_Queen
Ten Days with the Highlander was a quick, cute, and fun read. Truly, I don’t have much more to say than that – I enjoyed it and have very little to complain about.

One thing that did hit me wrong, and not very far into the book, was the name for the company Georgia works for – LiveAbout, which is a take on the Australian aboriginal term. And while, yes, she even says as much IN the book, it just . . . didn’t sit right with me. She’s a white American woman who decided to suggest an Australian abor
Bec_BookMagicReviews

Georgia Paxton is a woman on a mission and her mission is to convince Callum McGregor to team his quaint hotel with the tour accommodation company she works for. However, she only has ten days to convince him to sign on the dotted line of the contract, but with how stubborn Callum is, it seems she has no chance. Will Callum realize what a good opportunity Georgia is offering him, or will he lose the woman he's falling in love with?

If you've never read a book by Ms. Manning, then this is the per
Anita Byars
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charmingly, Enchanting Romance! Hayson Manning, swept me away, in this beautifully written romance that was enchanting, charming, and endearing in every way! As the words seemed to fade away, I was transported into the beautiful, charming, quaint Scottish town of Glenlagen.
Georgia Paxton has just arrived to work her magic on the next owner. She works for "Live About" a premier short-term vacation rental accommodations company. She was here for the next ten days on her company's behalf. They wis
Helen
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG If you only read one book this year make sure it is this one what a story I have said it before and will say it again MS Manning knows her craft she knows how to pull a reader in with fabulous characters that will make you melt, smile, laugh, cry and sigh and I am still smiling big time after finishing this awesome story sit back and enjoy because you won’t want to put it down.

Georgia Paxton the ever travelling never going to settle down gal from America has arrived in this quaint little Sco
B.
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the type of set-up that only happens in romance novels, two people with little in common search for a HEA for their two very different worlds. Georgia Paxton is an American working for some sort of tourist company that buys up cute destin
ation spots to market them to wealthy tourists. I’m not quite sure what type of company needs to buy up all the spots, but go with it. She’s come to a small town in the Scottish Highlands to persuade the owner of the local hotel and pub to sell to her company
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: duplicate book listing 2 15 Aug 03, 2017 11:08PM
I love Princess Bride, Young and the Restless, Days of our Lives – the drama is deliciously addictive. Big Bang Theory but will take Wolowitz over Cooper. Star Trek not Star Wars. Undercover Boss, Secret Millionaire – any story that shows the little guy making it. I follow the Buffalo Bills like a religion. I am spellbound by showjumping and equestrian eventing. I love curling up and reading all b ...more
More about Hayson Manning

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cowboy Bold (Longhorn Canyon, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Love Letter
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Provocative (White Lies Duet, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be