Start by marking “The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)

The Necromancer's Reckoning

(The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #3)

Every action has consequences.
For a decade, Angel Salvatore has been the most powerful sorcerer and only necromancer in all the Northeast. Never one to ask permission nor apologies, he has acted with near impunity for years.
Until now.
The High Council of Sorcery has come to Boston, and Angel is their target. Charged with numerous violations of practitioner laws, his freedom
Published May 28th 2018 by SJ Himes

Start your review of The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
S.J. Himes
Jul 15, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE:

Book has been released. Happy reading!

Available for sale in ebook format exclusively from Amazon; enrolled in Kindle Unlimited as well.

Paperback for sale wide, allow up to 6 weeks to see it at retailers other than Amazon. The timing of distribution and which retailers pick up the paperback is out of my hands once it's for sale.
Meags
5 Stars

I’m dishing out 5 full stars for this magical, heart-stopping, romantic AF, fantasy thrill-ride, for holding me enraptured from word one.

Three books in and The Beacon Hills Sorcerer series has now become my official favourite M/M urban fantasy series. Combining smooth writing, great storytelling, and supernatural characters to die for, these books really have left an indelible mark on me.

Here, necromancer Angel and his vampire mate Simeon are back for more high stakes adventure as they
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Hearts!!

This series just gets better and better and what I love about this is the complex world that’s full of sorcerers and vampires and all sorts of supernatural beings that live in a tentative harmony with humans. Here, it’s that very harmony that is threatened when the High Council of Magic, a powerful entity that governs practitioners, expresses a not so friendly interest in our hero, Angel.

There’s not really any point in rehashing the plot. If you haven’t started this series, then I high
Barbara➰
Reread November 2018

So far, this is the best one in the series. Keeping my fingers crossed Isaac's book is out soon!

Originally read May 2018

OMG! I had hoped this book would be good and it did not disappoint. S.J. Himes is a goddess. I love her writing and the worlds she creates.

There are many trials and tribulations in this one. I was on pins and needles and I couldn't stop reading. Characters healing or coming into their own. New relationships forming (Holy Shit! I can't wait for Isaac'
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 17.11.2019
I only have two questions after this quick - very quick - re-read; is Nica more powerful than Angel? And will this book be the last book in this series centering around Angel and Simeon as the main characters?

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Can Contain Spoilers*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This time, you get the POVs of the only necromancer in all of Boston Angel Salvatore's (30) mate, First Elder of Boston bloodclan, Simeon Ó Daimhín (over 400 years old), Angel's brother, Isaac Salvatore (23), Angel's apprentice,
Deborah
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 3rd - 4th January 2019
With the fourth book Mastering the Flames on the horizon I thought I’d do a re-read.

This is the third book in this series and yes the previous two books need to be read first. I even did a re-read and I’m so glad I did.

I loved this book.

I also think it’s the best one so far although it has some strong competition.

Angel’s life is much fuller than he ever imagined it would be. But his brother is suffering and that means Angel is suffering too. Angel knows he has to do
Sheri
This thrilling third book in The Beacon Hill Sorcerer series is by far my favorite. I might have said that with the last book but I was proven wrong and I could very well eat my words again. Probably will but first…I LOVE ANGEL AND SIMEON!!!
Okay, sorry, *grin* I had to get that out. We pick up where the last book left off. They just want to live their lives and yet the world continues to need them. Daring rescues, dramatic duels, and love so true, your eyes will mist without your permission…yes
Bev
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I moved straight on to this after finishing Dilemma, thank goodness I didn’t have to wait because it was everything I’d hoped for and more. Angel is up against so much and I love that he never once let it get on top of him or beat him. Simeon is his other half, his 110% support and man oh man, I LOVE the way they love. Utter perfection.

The world building is even better in this third book, if that’s even possible. The author’s imagination and storytelling ability is beyond superb. Yes,
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Don't mess with the necromancer...

One thing Angel will not stand is someone coming after his love ones. So when the high council of sorcery threatens to take Daniel into custody and put Angel on trial for infractions he has supposedly committed, he is angry and won't stand for it. No matter the challenge Angel does not fear it. He knows the council is after something else and is using his connection to Daniel to lure him in. With Angel's bond with Simeon, he is protected by the blood cl
BWT (Belen)

The Beacon Hill Sorcerer series is one of my favorite urban fantasy series, and part of that is just how mind-blowingly well Joel Leslie brings this cast of characters to life. Leslie is simply brilliant, performing a ton of character voices with distinctive tones and/or accents, and highlighting everything happening in The Necromancer's Reckoning, from the sweeter, more romantic moments between Angel and Simeon, to the kicking ass and taking names portions of the story.

I was completely immerse
BWT (Belen)
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great series!

Let me preface this review with this: I had a great time reading this story. The characters, the plot, the pacing...it is all spot on. Told from multiple POV, this seems like it might be the last book that comes mainly from Angel's perspective, which I'm sad about, because I love these characters and this world S.J. Himes has written.
Angel took Simeon’s face in his hands and stared deep into his mate’s emerald eyes. “No, Simeon. If you die, I die. I’ve been there in the dark plac
Mindy
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a Awesome kick ass book with Sorcerer, Vampires, Dragon, Fae. This series has everything. I highly recommend this to EVERYONE.

description
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This series is awesome! It is not what I expected and I am pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to read Issac's book but can we get more of Angel too, pretty please?
Janie
This series was fantastic. Twists and turns, magic and vampires, and so much love. This is how you write a romance. I will be very impatiently waiting for Isaac and Batiste’s book.
~Volha~
I really enjoyed this book. SJ Himes nailed it! Again! This novel was so finely written! So many details, new creatures and characters new and old made it so fascinating for me! We see how close Angel and Simeon are, how much strength the draw from each other. Even though there wasn't much s*e*x here I still loved it. All that confidence and power makes them both so sexy! Their bond is so beautiful! One of the best para couples!

Batiste surprised me and I liked the direction where he is headed.
Lisazj1
This was worth every single day that I waited to get to "hear" Angel & Simeon, and it was actual freaking torture to watch everybody else read it and waaaaaaaait!

SJ Himes has jumped right up to the top of my auto-buy authors. And though I've absolutely loved everything I've read by her, this series is my favorite. I missed them all so much. Angel is still the snarky, cynical, give-no-fucks, absolutely badass necromancer that charmed me in the very first book, and Simeon is just as dangerous, se
haletostilinski
This was so good! The wait was so worth it!

Just when you think all the shit Angel and Simeon can be put through is now over, the High Counsel in Romania has decided they want Angel and Simeon because of their powerful mate bond and Angel's power in general, and try to act like Angel has broken magical laws in order to capture him. It's bullshit, and Angel knows it.

Plus, a fairly straight forward case that lands in Angel's hands becomes much bigger, but the Counsel being big assholes refuses to
Achim
3.5
Still in my paranormal phase I believed it a good idea to read the next story about my favorite necromancer. Wasn't a bad idea, the story is still a good one but Angel's life changed for the good and so did Angel himself. The guy deserves this after all that happened in his past but now that his mating and love to Simeon has grounded him, now that his brother although struggling with his guilt and addiction doesn't fight him anymore but accepts him as the big brother he is, now that even his
Jaime
When I started this series I had no idea that I would be pulled into the world of sorcery, vampires, Fae and more... I have come to love this series and all of its mystical characters.

Angelus Salvatore (Necromancer) & Simeon, Elder Vampire, Champion of the Blood Clan, -- these two are a powerful couple, with trouble always lurking around the corner. This makes for a fast-paced, action packed storyline --- which sometimes got in the way of the romance. However, even with the action and magical b
Santy
First off, F*CK the High Council of Sorcery very much and thank you. What bunch of despicable things parading themselves as human beings! Ew.

With that off my chest, once again, I absolutely devoured this book which unfortunately is the last instalment with Angel and Simeon and the main protagonists :( . I have come to love both men and really don't want to see them go.

However, knowing this author and what I know to be an incredible skill at weaving stories, I am not really worried for the rest o
Rosa
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, books
Well, I started this one but then I got sucked up in the Perpetual Reread, (yes, I'm looking right at you, guys), and I had to put this book aside because I've never been able to read more than one book at the same time.
This book wasn't bad at all, but I felt it dragged for some time. I understand that was for a reason, we're being introduced to further developments in the series and I'm sure my appreciation of this story suffered due to the "PR", but there's nothing I can do about that.
I feel
Eugenia
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Action Packed!

Wow! The action never stops in this third wonderful installment by SJ Himes. I loved every minute of it!

The baddies here come from abroad and they’re so OTT it’s beautiful! They have no remorse or morals. Of course you want to kill them. Or at least have Angel or Simeon kill them.

The mate bond between Angel and Simeon is now complete and at full strength....something that Angelus needs in the short span of this book.

We get to meet a couple new and interesting creatures, Simeon call
Oxy
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 beautiful stars, it was totally worth the wait. Thank you S.J. Himes for such a beautiful book, crossing my fingers for more books *wink wink* (Isaac and Batiste).
~nikki the recovering book addict
Oooo..!!!

This was one very exciting instalment!! I’m so glad I resumed this series and it’s all thanks to that little novella (sorry, can’t remember the name 🙊)

This had everything! Slightly over the top but it is fantasy and magic and supernatural beings so really, what is over the top? 😜

I like that we see more than just Angel and Simeon here. There’s bits and pieces of Issac and Daniel’s POVs as well as Eroch’s! Interestingly enough 🤓

Welp, on to the next book in this series, I guess. I hope we
Eleeze
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.75*

That was awesome! I'm a big fan of fantasy/supernatural and this had it in spades. So many good characters, great relationships and all bows neatly tied.
I can't WAIT for Isaac's book. And hopefully Daniel's too? (hint hint Wink wink)
I~❤️~Books
✮5 Stars✮ 💗
I love and highly recommend this series!
Joyfully Jay
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

The Necromancer’s Reckoning is the third book in S.J. Himes’ fabulous Beacon Hill Sorcerer series. I absolutely love this series and just adore Angel and Simeon. It has been fun seeing the progress of their relationship from sort of enemies early on, to men who are deeply in love and support one another through anything. I like how the bond between them is subtly changing Angel, giving him access to wells of magic others can’t draw upon, not to mention additional
Teri
this series just gets better and better. I love these characters! They are loyal to each other and funny and sweet, and everyone is dealing with their own shit and the issues get twisted together but they remain steadfast in their affection for each other and I love it. There was a lot happening in this and it got kinda gross! like horror movie gross, but my favorite of the series so far. will continue.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*

My favorite m/m series continues to stay strong with this third book. I’ve now read it twice, but I’m so behind on reviewing it takes forever for me to fully get around to finishing a review anymore.

I'll admit that, despite my faith in the author, I always worry that with sequels of a series I'm in love with already that I'll be let down or downright crushed if the
Tracey
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**Warning: this text may contain spoilers** Newton's Third Law states: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". Lord Acton, the British historian, was the first to say: “All power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

What do these two famous quotes have in common? Angelus Salvatore, sorcerer, teacher, leannan of First Elder Simeon of the Boston Bloodclan, and perhaps the most powerful Necromancer to have ever lived. Add to that, Angel's unquestionable abilit
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • The Capital (The Knight and the Necromancer #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • The Sea (The Knight and the Necromancer #3)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta #1)
I am currently working on BHS#5, a BHS spinoff series, and the second book of the Realms of Love series.

If you have questions for me, and want an answer sooner rather than later, find me on Facebook or Twitter. Social media links on my website, along with a FAQs page for the most common questions I get asked.

Current writing cluster titles are available on my Works in Progress page at my website.

The Beacon Hill Sorcerer (4 books)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)

News & Interviews

“We are, all of us, similar and yet unique, and not one of us alike enough to judge the other. I have my strengths, you have yours.” 1 likes
“There is no, one perfect universal intersectionality of life experiences.” 1 likes