Start by marking “Love in the Friend Zone (Grad Night, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love in the Friend Zone (Grad Night, #1)

Love in the Friend Zone

(Grad Night #1)

Braylen didn't even want to go to Lennon Pryor's epic graduation-night party, but when Fynn begs her to be his "wingwoman," she can't deny him. Talking up her BFF—how he's magic behind a camera, with a killer sense of humor and eyelashes that frame the most gorgeous blue eyes in the history of forever—is easy. Supporting his efforts to woo someone so completely wrong for h ...more
Published August 14th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush) (first published April 14th 2017)

Start your review of Love in the Friend Zone (Grad Night, #1)
Jen
4 BFF Love Stars

High school seniors Bray and Flynn have been best friends since kindergarten. Sure, Braylen might have been thinking of Flynn in a not so friendly way for a while now, but who could blame her? Even if most of the other girls don’t appreciate his crazy blue eyes and his mad photography skills, Bray knows the awesomeness that is Flynn and after all this time, she can’t help but admit to herself she’s a whole lot in love with him.

When fate lands him and longtime crush Katy at the co
Stacee
I'm a sucker for a BFF to more story and I really liked the synopsis here.

I liked Braylen and Fynn well enough. They're both smart and hard working and have a cute banter between them that comes from them knowing each other for so long. There are a lot of characters, but Katy and Randy are the only other set worth mentioning {besides Braylen's Mom, but she was amazing and deserved more time} and it felt like both of them were just on the page to serve a purpose. We didn't get more than surface
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Jan 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: tbr-next
I am a HUGE fan of best friends turning into lovers, but this was just a fucking mess. More on this when I’m no longer annoyed to new heights!
A_Ryan
5+ YA ROMANCE STARS!

What's it about?
Braylen and Fynn have been best friends since kindergarten (yay!! I LOVE that!). They share zombie movie marathons, private in-jokes, tragedies and successes. Their bond is obvious to everyone... except Fynn, who is somewhat infatuated with the most popular girl at school.

Reminiscent of an 80's John Hughes comedy Somekind of Wonderful with a bit of Dawson's Creek and Press Gang thrown in for extra measure, this was such a sweet and funny best-friends
Coco.V
May 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/22/2019)! 🎁
Rê
description

4 "BFFs & Graduation Party" Stars

ARC via NetGalley

Thank you, Entangled Teen!!!

I started this book one day after I was done reading Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock, and the fact that I adored Love in the Friend Zone says a lot about how amazing this book is. Why? Because Just Friends and Love in the Friend Zone have the same vibe (sweet and romantic) and premise (best friends falling in love), but they still felt different enough to stand on their own.

In Love in the Friend Zone we have best frien
Alison
DNF at 49%

Braylen and Fynn (yep, that's their names) have been BFFs for years. She writes for the school paper and he takes the photographs. They shared a kiss once a few years ago at a party but both agreed it was a mistake and have been firmly in the friends zone ever since. School has ended and Braylen is off to college 2,000 miles away but Fynn is undecided. The story centres around the lead up to and attendance at a party to celebrate the end of school. Fynn has asked his BFF to help him ge
Yoda
If you´re in the mood for a sweet and easy novel than this is a great read. It´s a bit boring to read about one day for the whole length of a book. I´m starting to dislike romance novels that only have plot surrounded by misunderstanding/someone not saying what they think.
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

This is a awesome sweet romance that both, young and old will enjoy.

I love Molly Lee’s writing style, her characters and world settings are just very enjoyable.

I like that we get a semi slow build up and that the pair is friends first and foremost. Of course both at one point realize there might be more but are not willing to risk it.
I enjoyed both Fynn and Braylen, both are smart, funny and a bit crazy. Love their friendship.
Som

Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Sweet, easy read

I don’t know why this is my first time reading a book by this author. I see her books on my timeline ALL the time. Now I know why.

This was a good, fun YA story with realistic high school characters. Flynn was oblivious and Braylen was frustrating, but it felt right for their age group and maturity level. I was a BIG fan of Randy, how lucky for Braylen to have stumbled, literally, into him early on. Katy was the typical “popular” character you expect to find in YA stories, even
Dísir
Reading about storms in teacups is how I approach YA stories, because I sort of remember that nothing seemed more important than a crush returning your feelings and the obsession over college choices.

‘Love in the Friend Zone’ all but practically takes place over the course of an evening during a graduation party, as you’re thrust straight into the climax of a story after being given a rushed run down of Braylen’s unrequited feelings and Fynn’s inability to see that she has always been in front
Karen Mc
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

SWEET SIGH. I just read my first Molly E. Lee romance and I was ENAMORED, so engrossed with this YA ADDICTION! Love in the Friend Zone is friendship on fire, a FUN, FLIRTY, and FEEL-GOOD tale that is simply IRRESISTIBLE.

”Maybe I’ll take your lead and find someone to sweep off his feet.”

A rock lodged itself in my throat, but I cleared it with a fast swig of soda.
“Yeah? You have anyone in mind?”

Love in the Friend Zone follows a close-knit group of high school friends, charming and capt
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
You know those definitive party scenes in all the great teen romcoms (think Say Anything or Can't Hardly Wait)? The ones where things go from crazy to crazier and it's hilarious, and fun, and leaves you a little bit on the edge of your seat and frustated while you wait for the hero and the heroine to figure things out and find their way toward true love?

Yeah. This book is exactly like that. It's a unique set-up - fresh and fun and ripe with opportunities to tell more stories. I loved it! And - d
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The boy was my own personal version of Daryl Dixon, except instead of a crossbow he carried a camera.”

So basicaly both - the title and the cover - says it all. But you can not help yourself but to read on and just wait for it to happen. Such a cute story!

description
Brina (Brina and the Books)
4 Stars

I've only ever read the Love on the Edge books by Molly E. Lee which is why I was really excited to dive into this Young Adult novel. I was excited to see if Molly could pull of something less dangerous and she absolutely did.
Her Young Adult debut was super cute and so much fun to read about. I really liked the main characaters, Braylen and Fynn.
I also liked the concept of this book which was different but still cool. There are not very many books that play out within only 12 hours. It wa
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book was the first I read in 2018, and it was such a fun and nice read to kickstart my year. After finishing high school, Braylen is dragged along to the big graduation party, by best friend Fynn, even though she's not feeling it. Fynn begs Braylen to go along to be his 'wing-woman', and she can't deny him anything. The only issue, she's been falling for him over the years, and the thought of helping hi
Alison Rian (LovelyAlisonReads)
5 laugh out loud stars

I completely devoured this book. I read it in one sitting. I had moments where I was laughing uncontrollably and moments where I was frustrated with the male character. Well after I put the book down I would think of a line from the book and laugh out loud which earned me some strange looks.

Fynn and Braylen stole my heart. I loved them, I felt for them, especially Braylen. And I was rooting for them from the beginning. I become Braylen's cheerleader!

I loved the whole settin
Imani Blake (Enamored Reads)
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Unrequited Love!

Fynn and Braylen’s story was BEYOND perfect and what I was expecting. It’s Unrequited Love at its finest and I couldn’t help my heart beating extra heavy in this wonderful YA read by Molly Lee!

I laughed and I swooned just as much as I screamed and cried for these characters and their story! With graduation over and the future lurking around the corners of the last HS party these characters will attend, the nerves and the stakes are as high as ever!

With Fynn and Braylen tho
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars -- I received a free copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

I don't know what it was about this book, but I just kind of loved it.  Was it flawless?  Nope.  But I loved all the little things that surprised and delighted me along the way.  And despite the times I wanted to smack them both, I really kind of loved both Braylen and Fynn.  They were a bit oblivious, but such is the nature of many a friends-to-lovers
Arceli
See my review at Soaring Up High

What a sweet friends to lovers romance! This book had everything a swoony hero, hot make out scenes, and a great amount of drama.

This is my first Molly E. Lee book and boy did it set the bar high. Although this is a short read, I love that the length was enough for the characters to develop.

Flynn is the main hero in this book. He is sweet, caring, and just the right amount of perfect. However, he is completely oblivious when it comes to love. I love how he dotes
Pamela Lilley
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet coming of age high school friends to ‘more’ romance following Braylen and her best friend and secret love, Fynn. Braylen and Fynn have been best friends for what seems forever, they do everything together, and the night of the high school graduation at the party of the year Flynn begs Braylen to help him get together with his high school crush. Braylen unable to say no, agrees. Herein starts a series of mishaps as Braylen tries her best to tell Fynn how she feels, and Fynn battles with h ...more
Christine Frieseke-Miller
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not a huge fan of young adult, but I am a huge fan of Molly Lee, so when I heard she was writing a new series, I had to read it. I felt so many things while reading this book. I was the girl in high school who was in love with my best friend. For a few years we hung out and he never reciprocated my feelings, until one day he did. Braylen and Fynn's story brought back so many memories for me. I flashed back to that time of my life as I read this story and was over come with emotion because I ...more
Sarah Scholz
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was a neat story. It wasn't your typical friends to lovers trope. I thought it was a different/cool idea for most of the story to take place during a party. I liked Braylen and Fynn. I also liked the cast of secondary characters (Zoey, Gordon, Lennon and Jade) too. Just to name a few of them ☺️ I liked that Braylen is independent, knows what she wants & loves Sci-Fi movies & Marvel characters ❤️ I also loved what a great friend she is to Fynn. I also liked Fynn, his ...more
Cindy
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Friend Zone was a very FANTASTIC story! It's a sweet, clean romance involving Braylen and Fynn who have been best friends FOREVER!

I'm a HUGE fan of best friends to lovers. And although this book is YA, (I tend to avoid them), I FREAKING ADORED it!! The story is told in a single event, the last big party before college. The storyline flowed beautifully. At times I wanted to strangle both Braylen and Fynn, I LOVED watching Fynn realize what was in front of him this whole time.

It's a
Anais Torres
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed both Braylen and Fynn. Best friends since Kindergarten, they share zombie movie marathons, private in-jokes, tragedies, and successes. Their bond is obvious to everyone, except Fynn. Fynn, like many boys, wants to date the popular girl and he asks Braylen for help. Aside from this insanty, both of these characters are smart, level headed and hard working. I enjoyed all of the cute banter between them that comes from them knowing each other for so long.

The plot was something out of an
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
That was so flipping cute! It was reminiscent of Can't Hardly Wait but with some small twists. The miscommunication killed me but made the end all the more worth it. Can't wait to read book 2 and I really hope there is a third for another couple from this party that went MIA. Review to come.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love In The Friend Zone by Molly E. Lee is an really good contemporary YA roman. It is about two best friends on there graduation day and had me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to read the next book.
♡AbbyBooks♡
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute idea. It all takes in one day at a graduation party. I get why the series is call Grad Night now. No romance I read have being in one night that I remember. It was very clean romance if you like that. I just love the idea and the characters were interesting.
Marissa Chavez
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Braylen + Fynn = ☺💜

Wow! Braylen and Fynn were so fun! I loved getting to know them. I knew the moment I just had to root for them! They were perfect for one another. This was such a fun read. 💜📷🐶📝🎤
Maeashah Musarrat
Feb 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was in the mood for the whole best friends to lovers thing but this was...not very good. I honestly don't know why I finished it, although I did skim at points where it got too annoying.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The First Kiss Hypothesis (The First Kiss Hypothesis #1)
  • Saving It
  • The Rules of Persuasion (The Rules of Persuasion, #1)
  • The Heartbreak Cure
  • Tied Up In You (All Laced Up, #2)
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • The Bad Boy Bargain (Suttonville Sentinels, #1)
  • Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1)
  • Love and Other Secrets (The First Kiss Hypothesis #2)
  • Boomerang Boyfriend (Boyfriend Chronicles, #3)
  • Announcing Trouble
  • The Boyfriend Bet (Boyfriend Chronicles, #2)
  • The Rules of Rebellion
  • Incriminating Dating
  • The Perfectly Imperfect Match  (Suttonville Sentinels, #3)
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • Swinging At Love (Suttonville Sentinels, #2)
  • The Dating Debate (Dating Dilemma, #1)
Molly E. Lee is an author best known for her romance novels, the Grad Night series and the Love on the Edge series. Molly writes Adult and Young Adult contemporary featuring strong female heroines who are unafraid to challenge their male counterparts, yet still vulnerable enough to have love sneak up on them. In addition to being a military spouse and mother of two + one stubborn English Bulldog, ...more

Grad Night (3 books)
  • Love Between Enemies (Grad Night, #2)
  • Love Beyond Opposites (Grad Night #3)