Start by marking “High Treason (FBI Task Force, #3)” as Want to Read:
High Treason (FBI Task Force, #3)

High Treason

(FBI Task Force #3)

Published February 6th 2018 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about High Treason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Treason

Sarah Grace Grzy
2.5 stars? 3 stars? I can't decide.

Well, that was EXTREMELY anti-climatic. :/
Cindy
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In one word... WOW! While I have truly loved every book I have read by DiAnn Mills, her newest novel, High Treason, blew me away! It is the third book in her "FBI Task Force" series but it reads as a stand-alone.

This book is filled with twists, turns, and plenty of heart-stopping action that will keep the reader engaged from page one to the final page. At times I found myself holding my breath just waiting to see what happened next.

I am a big fan of good characterization and Ms. Mills never disa
Ruthie Jones
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
High Treason is plot driven, but that doesn’t mean the characters take a backseat. Kord and Monica find themselves working together to solve an assassination plot against the Saudi Prince Omar during his visit to the States for both business and his mother’s cancer treatment. Monica and Kord are familiar with Saudi culture, and they are both Type A personalities, which means nothing stands in their way in the race against the clock to crack the case, except maybe a budding romance, the flu, trea ...more
Vera Godley
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story takes the reader into the tense world where security for a Prince of Saudi Arabia visiting America with his family and his life is threatened. Combining the forces of the Prince's own security force with that of the FBI still seems to leave holes of vulnerability. The problem is finding the source of danger and ending it.

But when it seems that there is someone close to the Prince that is at the root of the problem but they don't know who it is, all are suspect.

At stake is not only the
Virginia Winfield
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has suspense and some romance. It had twists and turns. I loved all of these. I even loved the look into the ways of Muslims. I did not want to put this book down. Lord and !onica are great characters. How FBI agents and CIA agents try to work together. This book was well put together and I loved it. I received a copy of this book from Tyndale Blog Network for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Becky
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
Middle Eastern and American cultures collide when an assassination attempt is made on a Saudi prince. An FBI agent and a CIA operative are tasked with keeping the prince safe and uncovering the plot. But the assassin may be closer than they expect ...

I was very interested in the plot and trying to decipher who was behind the assassination attempt on Prince Omar. While a couple threads were left loose (this involved the case Monica was working prior to being put on the prince's detail, but it cam
Kelly Bridgewater
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it

DiAnn Mills is romantic suspense gold. She knows what the genre wants and she delivers. With every single book of hers, I am taken for a ride and given a chance to watch the heroine and hero fall in love. With the concluding book to her FBI Task Force Series, High Treason, she does exactly what she promised.

The writing is clear and concise. I had no problem following Kord and Monica around as they learned to work together to solve the case. Mills does not head hop, so she stays in the
Lisa Johnson
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Title: High Treason (FBI Task Force)
Author: Diann Mills
Pages: 416
Year: 2018
Publisher: Tyndale
My rating is 5+ out of 5 stars.
Diann Mills is a genius of an author whose novels are captivating and faith challenging in unique ways. Each novel she writes is with a purpose of sharing a wonderful story with a message of faith in Christ. Here is her recent offering that for this reader was her best yet! At the end of the book, the author lets us know that she wanted to show readers we can model Jesus r
Lynn Poppe
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The attempt to assassinate Prince Omar is the driving force behind High Treason for me. Unraveling the twisting story of conspiracy, betrayal, and deceit really kept me engaged and turning pages. Reading the inner workings of the sharp minds of both Monica and Kord is very satisfying.

Both Kord and Monica have similar backgrounds, having previously worked in the Middle East. Monica and Kord start off their new partnership on rocky ground; the two are like oil and vinegar. Both are very much indiv
Sydney Young
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Houston, Texas. A diverse, sprawling metropolis, a worthy city for an intense, faith based series about the FBI and their counterparts. It all springs to life in the 3rd of DiAnn Mills' HIGH TREASON, with an authentic tale of threat to a visiting Saudi prince and his family. Among the glitter of the inordinately wealthy, so true to Houston, this story of an FBI and CIA agent striving to come together for the good of all involved, come what may, is fast-paced and good escape, while making one thi ...more
Linda Walters
Feb 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book but with some reservations. The story-line was good and the characters interesting but it also moved pretty slowly at times.

A lot of that had to do with the investigative nature of parts of the story. They had a lot of evil doers to uncover. They don't get them all but as the story goes along, they get quite a few of them. That is when the action does kick in because it's a dangerous job trying to keep the prince safe and uncover each plot against him. Adding to the difficulty
Suzie Waltner
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
In her newest book, DiAnn Mills takes readers into a well-developed exploration of Saudi Arabian culture.

As CIA Operative Monica Alden joins FBI Agent Kord Davidson on protection detail for a Saudi prince and his family, she straddles the line of respecting the family’s expectations while doing the job she’s there to do. While her drive and desire to be in the thick of the investigation are strong, she does what she can to ease everyone’s unease at a woman in her position.

With the body count ri
Rebecca
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Whoever pulled the trigger has 'professional' stamped on his training."

Saudi Prince Omar Bin Talal's personal bodyguard has been just been killed with a single shot. Tasked with the prince's safety, FBI Agent Kord Davidson and CIA operative Monica Alden are at a loss when it comes to explaining how it happened, since no one knew the prince's exact schedule upon arrival in Houston with his family. Suspecting an inside job, fueled by international unrest, the team pursues a minimal number of lead
Joan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Monica, a CIA operative who has had experience in the Middle East, and Kord, an FBI agent good friends with a Saudi prince, team up to protect that Saudi prince while he is in America. Someone tries to assassinate the prince and Monica and Kord work hard to uncover the origin of the plot.

This is definitely a character driven novel. Monica had previously been betrayed by a fellow operative and she is still troubled by it. That is an obstacle to the budding romance between Kord and Monica. Monica
Jerrye Bell
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
High Treason by DiAnn Mills

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

____________________________________________________________
Story Notes

DiAnn Mills brings her readers another intense installment of her FBI Task Force series that might leave you with a headache ( in a good way) as you struggle to figure out who is the criminal before you get to the last pages.

Ms. Mills has recently been becoming a favorite of mine as her writing is not only very well done but it frequently takes place in areas I know and love.
Gail Welborn
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***A clean read mystery filled with romantic chemistry and suspense***

Award winning author, DiAnn Mills releases the paperback version of “High Treason” February 6, book three in her “FBI Task Force” series. The action-packed, romantic suspense includes the FBI, the CIA, a Saudi prince and foreign intrigue wrapped in a mystery that keeps readers guessing until the last page is turned.

The story begins with FBI special agent Kord Davidson, his long-time friend’s, “head Saudi bodyguard Zain,” dis
Jenn Belden
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher and Lone Star Lit for providing me with an advanced copy of the book.

DiAnn Mills does a wonderful job at creating compelling, complex characters and her book High Treason is no exception.. CIA operative Monica Alden is compassionate, complex, intuitive and deeply rooted in her faith - an agent with a  lot of heart and smarts.  Her presence is definitely challenged by FBI special agent Kord Davidson, who is loyal to his Saudi friends and dedicated to figuring out who is be
Jessica Higgins
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The FBI Task Force faces its toughest case yet trying to protect a Saudi Prince from assassination and keep feelings professional at all times.

When FBI Special Agent Kord Davidson is assigned to the protection detail of his friend, Saudi Prince Omar bin Talal, he hopes to enjoy some time with his friend and also help strengthen relationships between the two countries. He doesn’t expect to be chasing an assassin and finding treasonous members of the prince’s staff out to see him eliminated. CIA a
Meagan Myhren-bennett
High Treason
FBI Task Force #3
By DiAnn Mills

FBI Special Agent Kord Davidson and CIA operative Monica Alden are less than pleased when an attempt on the life of Saudi Prince Omar bin Talal forces interagency cooperation with them working together. Kord knows that the Prince will not appreciate a woman on his protection detail. And Monica prefers working alone especially after an unfortunate incident in the past.

Hoping to slow the cancer that is threatening his mother's life Prince Omar bin Talal,
Julie Graves
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Monica is a CIA agent and Kord is an FBI agent. They are thrown into a protection detail when an assassination attempt on a visiting Saudi prince occurs. Relations are strained between the US and Saudi's and the Prince has a twofold purpose for his visit. His mother has been diagnosed with cancer and is visiting MD Anderson and the Prince is looking into leasing some oil fields to the US. If the Prince was killed on US soil the tenuous relationship would be severed. Monica has experience in the ...more
C.J. Butcher
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Saudi Prince Omar bin Talal visits Houston to seek cancer treatment for his mother, an attempt on his life puts all agencies on high alert. FBI Special Agent Kord Davidson is the lead on the prince’s protective detail because of their long-standing friendship, but he’s surprised—and none too happy—when the CIA brings one of their operatives, Monica Alden, in on the task force after the assassination attempt.

Kord and Monica must quickly put aside interagency squabbles, however, when they lea
Nadine Keels
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Monica Alden, a CIA operative, is brought onto an FBI task force with Special Agent Kord Davidson after an assassination attempt on Kord's friend, a Saudi prince. Having come to Houston, Texas to seek cancer treatment for his mother, the prince can't pick up and leave the country, but the extent of his real plans in the US makes his FBI protection all the more crucial in High Treason, a novel by author DiAnn Mills.

With this book, I knew I'd have to settle in for a read that would take me a while
Linda Wilson
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I've only read a few Diann Mills novels, and each one I read seems to be better than the one before it. This one is another home run from her talented hands! It's the third book in the series, but the first one of the series that I've read. I wasn't lost or confused, so it's easily read as a stand alone.

I loved following Kord, Monica and Prince Omar. Their characters truly capture the heart and make the reader feel like a part of the story. The tension that's between Kord and Monica jumps off t
Phillip Cole
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CIA operative Monica Alden is assigned to work with FBI agent Kord Davidson. Both prefer to work alone, but they are going to have to cooperate in order to stop the assassination of Prince Omar. With friction between the two and danger all around them, they are in for a fight in DiAnn Mills' High Treason.

Both Monica and Kord resent being partnered up, and each one struggles with trusting the other at first. This leads to a bit of conflict as they each try to be the one that solves the case. Work
Darlene L.
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
CIA Operative, Monica Alden, is brought in to work with FBI special agent, Kord Davidson, when an attempt is made on a Saudi Prince. They must set aside their interagency differences and work together to solve the assassination plot.

But when the mystery comes close to home and they begin to suspect someone within the Prince’s inner circle, everything is turned upside down putting everyone’s lives in danger.

Can Kord and Monica keep the Prince alive while fighting their growing attraction to each
Alyssa
I really enjoyed this book. It captured my attention from the beginning and kept my interest throughout the entire book. The storyline was faced paced and a thrilling ride.

This is the first book in this series that I have read and I didn’t feel as though I was missing anything from the previous books so this can easily be read as a stand alone novel.

I really enjoyed how long it took to figure out who was behind the plot. I kept trying to figure it out and with each new development; I had to ke
Just Commonly
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Blood oozed from the back of his skull, draining a Saudi life onto US concrete." (5)

High Treason is everything you'd expect with a title like that. DiAnn Mill has done it again with the intensity of the suspense. Filled with action and personality and culture clashes, this third book in the FBI Task Force, High Treason is a race to thwart an international incident when tensions are already high.

"Poke my heart when I'm about to mess up. And please pick up the pieces when I fall." (22)

The author
Pam
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know when I open a book by DiAnn Mills that I will probably be up way past my bedtime reading it. There never seems to be a good spot to stop for the night because I NEED to know what happens next. “High Treason” pretty much met all my expectations and more.

One thing I liked about “High Treason” was that a female CIA operative was placed on a predominately male FBI task force in order to help protect a Sudi Prince and his family after an assassination attempt. Monica Alden certainly had her wo
Debbie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"High Treason" is a Christian romantic suspense. It's the third in a series, but it works as a stand-alone. This story didn't spoil events in the previous books.

The main characters were likable and interesting. Monica had to earn the respect of the Saudi men that she needed to work with while trying to discover if any of them had betrayed the prince. She also had to work through her trust issues with men (due to a previous partner manipulating and betraying her). Kord was friends with their top
  • Crisis Shot (Line of Duty, #1)
  • Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire #1)
  • Vanishing Point (Nikki Boyd Files #4)
  • Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)
  • Portrait of Vengeance (Gwen Marcey #4)
  • Justice Buried (Memphis Cold Case #2)
  • Hidden Threat (Safe Harbor #2)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • Hidden Peril (Code of Honor #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • Blind Betrayal (Defenders of Justice #3)
  • Fatal Trust
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. She weaves memorable characters with unpredictable plots to create action-packed, suspense-filled novels. DiAnn believes every breath of life is someone’s story, so why not capture those moments and create a thrilling adventure?

Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awa

FBI Task Force (3 books)
  • Deadly Encounter (FBI Task Force, #1)
  • Deep Extraction (FBI Task Force, #2)
“Being invisible had its advantages.” 4 likes