Start by marking “The Scarlet Cord (Beauty in Strength)” as Want to Read:
The Scarlet Cord (Beauty in Strength)

The Scarlet Cord (Beauty in Strength)

The Scarlet Cord is a story of survival, breaking free, finding your place, discovering faith, and finding someone who sees you for who you really are.
Rahab grows up under the harsh rule of her father who forces her to use her body for his gain. After a great loss, she flees her father’s house, but eventually she falls back into living the life of a harlot in order to surv
Published August 15th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about The Scarlet Cord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scarlet Cord

Start your review of The Scarlet Cord (Beauty in Strength)
Julia
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scarlet Cord by Debbie McQueen is a Christian historical story of Rahab. It is beautifully written, taking the bare bones of the biblical story and enhancing it with Debbie McQueen's imagination. It is not meant to be read instead of the Bible but alongside it, as a means of understanding part of the Old Testament. Several OT stories are woven together in the tale.
There is the theme of God's goodness and faithfulness. In a time of many gods, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was the only t
Katlin Musial
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for my Quirky Blind Date Book Club and upon reading the blurb about the book I was kind of dreading it. I'm not exactly one to pick up fictional religious books. I will occasionally read christian romances or true stories of religion experiences, etc. but religious fiction....

not something I go searching for.

However, I really liked this book. The battle of Jericho and Rahab's involvement is an iconic story in the Bible and reading about the experience through the eyes of Ra
Kate
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scarlet Cord by Debbie McQueen is a marvelous book. It combines a familiar Bible story with fictional perspectives. This makes the story come alive. It has the feel of biblical times. It also has a strong female lead who has been mistreated by her father. Even if you know the story, you will want to find out how Rahab triumphs over adversity and if she will find happiness and true love.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was part of a Quirky Blind Date with an author and I was allowed to rea
Chrissy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so impressed with this author! I loved that this book actually incorporated the story of Rahab from the Bible. I was encouraged to refer to my Bible to read the verses noted by the author. As for the fictional aspects and the story overall...I absolutely loved it. The entire story was totally believable and exciting to read. I was completely enthralled and didn't want to put the book down. I will certainly be searching amazon for more by this author!
Colette T
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modern day tale on the story of Rahab from the Book of Joshua in the Bible. As her faith is tested we realize how we can get through just about anything with a little faith.

A good story and although there are many spiritual and religious overtones, it doesn't take away from how well this book is written.
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I have always loved the story of Rehab, and this reminded me of that love again.

I loved Debbie’s retelling. I loved seeing Rehab as a young girl, what choices she made and what choices were made for her to take her to where she was in the end. And I loved seeing Salmon’s perspective as well.

The story was great! Cannot wait to read more by this author.

I give this book a 4.5/5 stars
Jodena Pysher
Debbie told this religious fiction very well. I received this book as a Blind Date. Definitely not what I would usually pick up. I enjoyed the story of Rahab and breaking away from her father's power. Not sure If I'd recommend to anyone.
Lori Hoffman
It was a good book it was different not the type of book I usually read,
Shannon Davison
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual type of read but it was enjoyable. The one you're meant to be with all love you exactly how you are. I voluntarily reviewed a copy via Quirky Blind Date with a Book.
Fiona Chislett
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy to read with writing that flowed. It was heavy on the biblical references and had characters that were interesting but I felt that they lacked a bit of emotional depth.
Maria Zapatero
Aug 23, 2018
Carole Christian
Mar 21, 2019
Update Book Cover 1 1 Aug 15, 2017 06:13PM

• Once in a lifetime (In a Lifetime #1)
  • House Rules
  • Suddenly Together (Dirty Texas #2)
  • The Pieces that Built Me (The Pieces Collection, #1)
  • The Catching Kind (Brew Ha Ha #3)
  • Our Alternate Ending
  • Kate's Valentine (Kate Dixon #1)
  • Flowers in December (Flowers in December #1)
  • Land of Strength and Sorrow (Secrets of Orendor #1)
  • Meeting The Unpredictable
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Dracian Legacy (Dracian, # 1)
  • Too Wyrd (Runespells, #1)
  • Looking for Jamie
  • Lost Reaper
  • One Chance (Hogan Brothers #1)
Debbie McQueen has been married to her loving and supportive husband for eighteen years. They have two amazing kids that share her love of musicals, singing, fairies, dragons, and superheroes. Debbie is an avid reader and loves to read YA/NA, PNR, Urban Fantasy, Thrillers, LGBTQ stories, and more.
Debbie is an affirming Christian who is proud to continue learning and serving as an LGBTQ+ ally and a

News & Interviews