Start by marking “The 12 Step Program (Book #1)” as Want to Read:
The 12 Step Program (Book #1)

The 12 Step Program (Book #1)

Lucy Adams is a serial romantic. Or rather, she's made a habit of falling in and out of bad relationships that always start with her finding the man of her dreams and ends with her kicking him to the curb. After her latest breakup, her best friend and neighbor Tom Henson bets her she can't go thirty days without a date. Nothing like a friendly wager to make things interest ...more
Published July 25th 2017 by esKape Press

To ask other readers questions about The 12 Step Program, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 12 Step Program

Krystal
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, and quick read that would be perfect for a relaxing day at the beach, or poolside. I feel like Lucy is a character that a lot of people can relate to, everyone knows someone like her. Someone who is for whatever reason afraid of settling down for the long-term. I also liked the way the authors used a variation of the "12 Step Program" to introduce the chapters and to help Lucy come to terms with how her life was going and enable her to identify the changes she needed to make.

Th
Patricia Kiyono
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed previous collaborative efforts by Springsteen and Bowman, and hurried to add this to my electronic bookshelf. Since I had a lot of work to do, I thought I'd reward myself for completing an hour of work by reading one chapter. But one chapter led to two, and before I knew it I was at the end! Lucy is a poor, misguided soul, who gets into more trouble than anyone I've ever known and Tom is a saint for standing by her. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
Felicity
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick and simple read. Light easy and nothing surprising. Well actually that is not true. It stops on a cliffhanger which wasn't to my liking. This story definitely has more in it.

I liked the characters - simple and clear and easy to relate to. I thought the style was breezy and easy and the relationship to the 12 step program was well handled.
Kathy - Books & Munches
I admit, after reading the blurb I realized perfectly well that this was probably going to be a very typical love story. But we all know that novels like this can still be enjoyable or even surprise us.

If I have to be honest.. This one didn't do that. Yes, I loved the story in general, but I didn't like the MC at all. Lucy has her issues, obviously, but for some reason she feels very detached, rude about herself and that ruined the novel.
There were moments that I thought "Yes! This is getting be
Sandra R
I was going to give this fabulous little book at least a 4 at the minimum, until I got to the end and it finished half way through the story. It was fun and flirty and interesting and I was enjoying it...

My pet hate is cliffhangers !! I would never have bought this book if I had realised. There's no mention of being a part one in the blurb and I purchased it on release day - so of course there was no mention of it in reviews either. So I'm mentioning it now for anyone else that wants to avoid ha
Cayla
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Special Note: I received an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy) in exchange for a review.

The synopsis is fantastic. Wow. What an idea! Using the 12 steps platform and applying it to the world of dating. It sounds both unusual and intriguing at the same time.

After reading the book, I was terribly disappointed with the amount of drinking and constant use of foul language. While l liked the chemistry and strong interaction between Lucy and the attractive neighbor, I just think it's hard to imagine someon
Bibliongirl
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the story and characters and thought it was pretty funny.
Carol Pennington
Jul 11, 2019
Dimples
Feb 18, 2019
Lorraine - Rainey Day Book Reviews
This a cute read. I found I laughed and had my heart strings pulled. It made me question even my own dating history. Lucy Adams is a serial dater but a true romantic at heart. She is the type who falls in and out of bad relationships. Things start out great but usually ends up with her kicking the guy to the curb. Her neighbor Tom Henson bets her she can't go thirty days without a date after her latest breakup. Nothing like a friendly wager to make things interesting. But their little game chang ...more
Anna
added it
Mar 04, 2018
Mandy Moffat
Jun 14, 2018
“Definition of bestie: person who loves nothing more than to watch you make a complete fool of yourself and then remind you of it at every opportunity for the rest of your life what a fool you made of yourself.” 1 likes