Start by marking “Facciamo un gioco? Fin dove sei disposto a spingerti?” as Want to Read:
Facciamo un gioco? Fin dove sei disposto a spingerti?

Facciamo un gioco? Fin dove sei disposto a spingerti?

«Sei pronta per fare un gioco?»
«Tutti quelli che vuoi.»

Entrambi reduci da un divorzio «sanguinoso», Christy e Martin non credono più ai colpi di fulmine, tanto meno al primo appuntamento. Ma dall'istante in cui incrociano lo sguardo, la loro vita diventa un sogno romantico che si realizza.

O almeno così è finché lo strano gioco che si instaura tra i due si spinge troppo olt
Paperback, Bookshots, 160 pages
Published July 13th 2017 by TEA (first published August 2nd 2016)

Be the first to ask a question about Facciamo un gioco? Fin dove sei disposto a spingerti?

David
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best of the Bookshots I have read thus far. Short, to the point, and full of twists. Exactly what this short story genre should be like.
Carol
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a twisty and turny story. Martin Hawking and Christy Moore are both survivors of rough divorces and are going through tough times. They are introduced through a mutual friend and immediately hit it off.

They're both in love and Martin is your typical nice guy who just wants to make his girl happy and pulls me in and I believe that to be true, but Christy is an entirely different story. She is in the process of divorcing her husband, the rich and handsome Brennan Moore, a man who treate
Matt
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshots
Back for another BookShot, I enter the world of the Jameses, Patterson and Born, as they seek to entice the readers with this interesting short piece. After being tossed to the curb by her wealthy husband, Christy Moore is looking to inject some excitement into her life. When she meets Martin Hawking, a recent divorcé, the two seem inseparable. Like young lovers, they spend as much time together as possible and become infatuated with one another. A few weeks into this courtship, Martin suggests ...more
Stacey
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Tis the season the season for BookShots! This one is my favorite so far. An ending I didn't see coming :)
Suzanne the Bookaholic and Proud
what a book!
let's play make believe, is not just a story about a couple of divorced people finding love, or trying to get the better deal from the marriage and money, just when you think that you understand the wife that has been tossed aside is the victim, you can think again.
'HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED'

I am so loving these bookshots, James Patterson is definitely the master of crime and deception and mystery, you can never read a book of his and not give it 5* and this is no exce
April Thompson
Oct 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was painful to get through. For a short book, it stretched on. Every other paragraph spoke of the wealth in the area. It went on and on and on. I should have DNF, but I was curious to see what would happen. A whole lotta nothing.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
I liked it, I really did. Sine good twists & a decently interested story overall. I think there was maybe even some potential for a bit more "meat", but these Bookshots are too short. My personal jury is still out on whether I like this format or not. Can't decide; still a sold 3.5/5 star read for this bookworm! :)
Michele A.
Christy and Martin meet through a mutual friend and find themselves playing games of make believe. Christy finds Martin to be entertaining and brings excitement to her life. Both have been in the throes of divorces and blames their ex's for their misery. Christy was kind of air-headed at times and allowed Martin to talk her into some new experiences. I wasn't a fan of some of their shenanigans and liked them both less and less throughout this book. Although the end had somewhat of a twist to it, ...more
Renee
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book . The end was totally unexpected. I have read quite a few book shots now, this one wrapped up pretty good, didn't leave me wondering. I look forward to more. Great for when you want something to read that's short, yet interesting.
Cheryl Smith
Dec 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I forced myself to finish

This was not up to par with the rest of his books. I thought it rather stupid. I will be a little more careful picking other books
Erica Paré
I wasnt sold on this book to be honest. At the beginning they gave a preview that was completely unneeded. The storyline was kind of flat and I almost stopped reading it, which I was surprised as I love James Patterson books! Ultimately I did finish the book and was glad I didnt let the middle part stop me. The ending was very unexpected.
Leena Hale
Rating: 3.55

Plot:
They're both in love and Martin is your typical nice guy who just wants to make his girl happy but Christy is an entirely different story. She is in the process of divorcing her husband, the rich and handsome Brennan Moore, a man who treated her horribly and for what reason? Because he could. Martin, want
Melanie
This “bookshot” delivered exactly what it promised. It was a fast paced story that kept you turning pages and wrapped up within a few hours of reading. It was perfect for reading on the train to the city. I enjoyed the writing style and energy of this “novella”. It was my first time reading a bookshot and if the writing of all of them is this good then I look forward to trying one again. It reminded me of when I was a teen and bought Ellery Queen Magazines that had “mini mysteries” that I looked ...more
Arlene
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another James Patterson Book Shots, only 113 pages long. Book Shots are complete books and quick reads since they are so short. This was one of his better books. Suspense, mystery, romance and more. Quite the page turner! It seemed to end too soon. Building up for the finish and I expected more and it was over! But still a good book and not the ending I was expecting. Very enjoyable!
Beth
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Patterson's usual formula. But you know, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't a Bookshot and had some more background and details. But still, I was surprised at the end which is always fun.
Rhonda B
Quick short story that had a twist at the end. Not bad for a REALY short story.
Wendy
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fast read. I really liked the beginning of this book but I think the ending could have been a little bit better. All and all it wasn't a bad book.
Scott
Jan 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Groan. I'm almost embarrassed to admit reading it.
K
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to read this short. I enjoyed the many twists, and have a little more courage to read the others. I was not expecting that wrap up.... It blew my mind!!!
Karleen Brennan Turchin
Quick book, didn't like the story line or the ending.
Codi Gary
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating book full of twists, I could not put this down. I think the best description I can give is a mystery/revenge story. Fantastic!
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't tell if I like this BookShot or not.

To be honest, I'm kind of leaning more towards not because nothing happens in this book until you get closer to the end, and even that twist seemed to come out of left field.

I just can't believe someone like the main character is smart enough to pull of what they did, as easily as they did.

The book served its purpose, I guess. It's a fast read, like James Patterson's books are, so if you're just looking for something mindless to read, this is the book
Madison
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
For such a short book, I loved how well paced the story went. James Patterson hasn't disappointed me yet with one of his Bookshots.

Let's Play Make Believe starting from running a bar tab to perhaps one f the most wtf moments in the end. I could never have predicted such an outcome and I've read a lot of crime reads.

For anyone needing a quick read for just the day I would highly suggest this book, the content kept me engaged with how James Patterson kept the story interesting by upping the anty o
Trish Mitchell
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
a so so book but loved the ending
Cynthia T Cannon
Compelling but definitely not up to Patterson's standards

Appreciate that the generous Mr. Patterson is doing these short modestly priced items with a lot of less experienced author's to give them a break and show them how to hold a reader's interest, but did not like this one as much as most of his work. Nice twist at the end though.
Kathie Spears
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good short story that kept you reading and your interest going from the start. It had a surprising ending which you do not see coming.
I would definitely recommend this book to my friends.
Amanda Gee
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book totally blew me out of the water. I did not expect it to turn out like it did. I highly recommend this book. (It took me 3 days to read ONLY because I had a lot going on and didn't get enough time to read it). If you love a fast paced thriller then you MUST read this book.
Ed
Author Patterson's first venture with co-author James O. Born. The 2016 novella starts with the meeting of a pair of recent divorcees. As their budding romance develops, we find that their divorces are yet final and they each bear grudges against their soon-to-be ex-spouses. She doesn't work and he seems to have a lot of free time as their relationship grows and they begin to play a game of make-believe. Her ex-housekeeper may be the only likeable character in the story. A quick read.

Both surviv
Trish
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better bookshots. Read it in one sitting. Not predictable as others have been and a satisfying ending. Love hatch no fury like a woman scorned.
Jwls Mac Ray
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018read
Short and lots of action. Did not see the end coming. Awesome. Sad but awesome.

• Move
  • The McCullagh Inn in Maine
  • To the Very Last Inch (The Professor's Rule, #5)
  • Can We Live Here?
  • Medley (Changing Lanes, #2)
  • How To Heal a Broken Heart
  • Assassins: Discord (Assassins, #1)
  • My Brother's Keeper
  • Silhouette
  • The Grey Woman
  • Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)
  • Radiant (Diamond Trilogy #2)
  • Just Like Florence Nightingale (Tigers and Devils, #1.3)
  • Wedding Shots
  • Learning to Ride (Sunnybell #1)
  • Hearts and Flour
  • Everglades Assault
  • The Case of Jennie Brice
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo