Start by marking “I Know Where She Is” as Want to Read:
I Know Where She Is

I Know Where She Is

An explosive, gripping thriller for fans of Karin Slaughter, Linwood Barclay and Karen Dionne, don’t miss this heart-stopping debut.

On the tenth anniversary of her daughter Autumn's abduction, Francine receives an anonymous note containing just five words: I KNOW WHERE SHE IS

When a young woman approaches her the next day claiming to have sent the letter Francine wants to d
Published August 14th 2017 by Canelo

Lou
S.B. Caves is certainly a new name to me in the mystery/thriller department but I do hope this is not his first and only book. The book intrigued me and pulled me in from the first few chapters and although it was a little slow to start it picked up and became a fast-paced read. My love for crime novels means I am always seeking out new books from both authors known to me and also those who are new to the scene. In this case, the publisher was kind enough to allow me a copy to read and review.

Th
Dash fan
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆ Gripping, Fast Paced,Heart Racing, Addictive, Thriller!

I know where she is, literally had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.
So many twists and turns it had me second guessing myself over and over.
It's fast paced, Gripping, highly addictive, Thrilling and just a bit shocking.

Be prepared once you start this book you will not put it down till the very end!

Francine and Will's Daughter Autumn went missing 10years ago when she was little.
10years later Francine received a letter thr
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
4.5 stars for I Know Where She Is by SB Caves.

I hate to think how I would have coped had one of my children been abducted. In the beginning I was judgmental of Francine, whose daughter Autumn was abducted some 10 years prior to the start of this book. Francine coped by becoming a functioning alcoholic who regularly consults psychics. Her husband Will coped by turning his daughter's disappearance into an industry.

Fast forward, and Francine receives a hand delivered note with only the words 'I KN
Pauline
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I Know Where She Is by SB Caves was a thriller about Lena who was trying to find her young daughter who had gone missing almost a decade before. I enjoyed this book, it was fast paced and I could not put it down and read it in one day. The subject matter is not for the faint hearted. I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
Denise
Mar 11, 2018 added it
"A white envelope, unmarked, no stamp. Scrawled in chicken scratch: I KNOW WHERE SHE IS."

Francine receives this message ten years after her daughter, Autumn Cooper-Wright, went missing and no amount of searching ever turned up a clue. Francine descended into an alcoholic haze, she and her husband, Will, divorced and only recently has she begun to get herself put back together. Francine frantically calls her husband for a meet, but he's moved on, has a new wife and is expecting a child, and he th
Whispering Stories
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
On the tenth anniversary of her daughter, Autumn, disappearance, Francine receives a note pushed through her letter box with the words, ‘I Know Where She Is’ wrote in childish handwriting.

She takes the note to her ex husband, Autumns dad Will, for his help, but he shuts her down, and tells her that it will be kids, and to leave him alone and that she needs professional help.

Then a strange young woman, Lena, appears stating that she wrote the note, and that Autumn, now called Melody, is being hel
Pat
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very gripping story about a mother who goes all out to find her daughter who disappeared 10 years ago. On the 10th anniversary of Autumn's disappearance the mother gets a note saying "I know where she is." And they're off and racing. It got a little far-fetched towards the end but by then you're so invested in the story that you power on through. I would read more from this author.
Joanne Robertson
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness this was so NOT what I was expecting but in a good way so don’t worry! From the moment Francine got that anonymous letter through her letterbox, I was hooked! Do be warned that although this hard hitting thriller does contain scenes that some people may find upsetting, it will also hold you hostage to its powerful story of a mother determined to bring her daughter home.

And Francine is very much on her own in her quest to find out what happened to Autumn 10 years ago and whether or
sue

This was a book I wasn't sure of at the beginning as it took me a couple of chapters to connect with, but once we connected my excitement grew with the story.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a child taken from you in such a way never knowing if they were dead or still alive. This is what happens with Francine. The only thing she has held onto for ten years is hope , its hope that has kept her from completely going under, afterall, her ex husband is one hell of a no hoper at all, he
Melissa In The City 🥂
10 heart pounding stars ⭐ x 10!

I loved everything about this book. The main character Francine because she never quit even when the odds were against her; Autumn because she took the worst possible situation ever and drew strength from it and came out as quite the badass heroine!
There wasn’t a slow or boring part in the book. I am so beyond glad I got to read this. It was so good I finished it in one day. Yes, the subject matter is dark and depressing and hits a few nerves, but you will root for
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Firstly I found the start of this a bit slow. Over two days I was reading the odd pages. Then I sat this afternoon and thought I better give it a chance. I'm so glad I did. The pace picked up and apart from making dinner I couldn't put it down until I'd finished it.

At the beginning we meet Francine. Her life fell apart ten years ago when her daughter went missing. She struggles each day and the only thing keeping her going is hope- hope that her daughter Autumn is still alive. Francine ex husba
Laura von Eden
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng, kindle
Francine ist eine gebrochene Frau. Vor 10 Jahren verschwand ihre Tochter Autumn spurlos. Seit dem liegt ihr Leben in Trümmern. Francine trauert und klammert sich auch heute noch an jeden Strohhalm. Daher weiß sie sofort, dass nur ihre Tochter gemeint sein kann, als sie eines Tages eine mysteriöse Botschaft erhält: “Ich weiß, wo sie ist”. Wer hat ihr den Zettel durch den Briefschlitz geworfen? Die Absenderin gibt sich am nächsten Tag zu erkennen. Es ist ein verwahrlostes Mädchen, das erschreckend ...more
Mike Sumner
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10 years ago Francine's daughter, Autumn, was abducted, whilst Francine dallied in a store. Abducted - in an eye-blink. Gone. Any parent's worst nightmare. It caused an inevitable rift with her snowflake of a husband, who blames her for what took place. On the tenth anniversary of her daughter's disappearance Francine receives a note pushed through her letterbox: "I know where she is". The next day a young woman approaches Francine, claiming to have sent the note. The stranger knows things only ...more
Eva
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ten years ago, Francine’s daughter, Autumn, disappeared without a trace. Now a young girl shows up who claims she knows where Autumn is. Does she really? Or is it some kind of cruel joke? Francine has never stopped hoping that her daughter would return some day and is eager to find out more. But her ex-husband has moved on, has carved out a new life and thinks Francine is crazy and needs to get a grip. If her daughter is really still alive, Francine is completely on her own to find out the truth ...more
Petra
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

The book opens with Francine, whose daughter was abducted 10 years ago.
While everyone around her ( including her ex husband) seems to have moved on, she is positive that her daughter is still out there.

One day she receives a hand written note which only says : I know where she is. From then on it's a fast paced thriller as Francine embarks on a ( somewhat implausible) journey to retrieve her daughter.

The pacing is go
Vicki
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
*** 3.5 stars ***
When I picked up this book I had no idea I was about to be thrown head first into an action packed, utterly gripping, edge-of-your-seat ride. There’s no gentle introduction – right from the beginning this is high tension reading, with dramatic, explosive scenes coming one after the other at breakneck speed.

The book starts at the approach to the 10 year anniversary of Francine’s daughter’s disappearance. Francine is a mess – drinking to excess then overexercising to counteract th
Sharon
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publishers, Canelo for this advance review copy in exchange for an honest review. Also thank you to Ellie from Canelo for allowing me to be part of the Book Blog Tour for this great book.

10 years ago Autumn went missing. Francine, Autumn’s mum, has been looking for her ever since. Whilst everyone else seems to be getting on with their lives and moving on, Francine has never been able to do that. She wants to know what happened to her daughter. The desperation in th
Sarah Hammond
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book to review and give my honest opinion.

‘I Know Where She Is’ by S. B. Caves is a mystery/thriller novel. Autumn has been missing for 10 year after going missing when out one day with her Mum, Francine. On the 10th anniversary of her disappearance Francine receives a hand written note. All that is on the note are the words, ‘I know where she is’. Francine finds out soon enough that it is written by a young girl but Francine can’t decide whether to believe the girl or
Mandy White
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book to read and review. the story of Francine whos daughter Autumn went missing 10 years ago. she meets Lena who knows where her daughter is and she sets off to find her and expose the people who have been holding her. i did like this book but i didnt love it..
Lisa-Marie Forge
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from netgalley.

What a high to end the year on!!! Definite 4.5 stars. Rounded to five for some Christmas spirit.

Autumn is kidnapped ten years ago and her mum never gives up hope. Then a strange girl (I imagined her as Luna lovegood) turns up with some strange tales around a house and lots of girls and celebrities being involved.

Like a lot of other reviews, this wasn’t what I expected. but I loved it!

If you enjoyed the butterfly garden by D
Jackleen
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
‘I Know Where She Is’ is a fast paced- if very disturbing-thriller that firmly connects with the biggest fear of every parent, the abduction and torture of their child. More importantly, it reveals that secret homicidal rage that lurks in the shadows of every parent’s heart should harm come to their child. And, the question, how far would you go to get your child back?
Chrissie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok

Given that this story is set in America where the unbelievable often happens, this book, although thrilling in places, stretches the bounds of credibility both in storyline and characterisation. Set around a theme of paedophilia, the book often makes uncomfortable reading to say the least. The assertion by one of the main characters that such is the involvement of officials at all levels of national governance that reporting people and crimes is useless, is not believable. The main characters al
Kirsty
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: october-2017, kindle
I Know Where She Is, chosen at random from my Kindle as I fancied reading a thriller, did draw me in quite quickly. The characters, most of whom are too underdeveloped, form rather an odd cast, and I was not overly convinced by any of them. I Know Where She Is was relatively engaging, and very well paced, but after a while everything became very unlikely, even silly. A bit of a strange book, really.
BookwormCatLady
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I strongly feel it is irresponsible and neglectful of the author/Publishing team not to mention a large theme of this book, or at least mention that there is a major trigger point in the shape of graphic sexual abuse and sexual violence.
If I knew of the content beforehand I probably wouldn’t have started it, but I would have definitely read some reviews first - then most likely avoid it.
Clair
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I must admit, I Know Where She Is was not what I was expecting - in a good way! This book is edgy, full of sass and shows just what lengths a parent, in this case the mother Francine, will go to.

Its been ten years since Francine's daughter, Autumn, disappeared when she receives a scrawled note simply saying.....I KNOW WHERE SHE IS. Francine knows that this has to have something to do with Autumn, but her ex-husband and Autumn's father isn't so sure and is extremely dismissive of Francine. I didn
Katherine Hayward
Where do I start with a review of this book short of saying "I loved it" from
the first word?

The cover is just my type of cover – pink and black is one of my favourite colour combinations, and it just looks so perfect for this book, given the title and the startling cover image of a girl in the woods at night time. It was the cover and synopsis that had me requesting the book as well as the fact the title is about someone's whereabouts. This insinuated I'd be in for a thriller with a lot of drama
Alison
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have been drawn to I Know Where She Is since the first time I heard about it. The stunning colour scheme of the cover, the eerie lone figure in the woods and the blurb captured my imagination. Did it live up to my expectations? Yes, it sure did! Not quite what I was anticipating but nevertheless a gripping story. It is a lot darker and intense and due to the nature of some of the content I feel I have to give a *trigger warning for alcohol, rape and child abuse. Having said that the author tak ...more
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book got under my skin! I felt invested in Francine's story almost as soon as I started reading, I wanted the same answers as she did - I wanted to know what had happened to her daughter. I think being a mother myself made the storyline even more real for me, my motherly instincts took over and I couldn't help but feel involved. This wasn't always a good thing because there were some scenes that were incredibly difficult for me to read and brought tears to my eyes. The further I read, t ...more
Colette Lamberth
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
At the start of this I was a little intrigued as to where the plot would go but the further it went I was totally gripped. To be honest this wasn't the easiest of reads with some of the 'dark' content but the author still managed to hook me in and keep me reading. Francine was an interesting character and while I'm still not sure I like her. The ending felt a bit abrupt and there are some unresolved issues which makes me wonder if there will be a sequel.
I do recommend this book but feel I need t
Audrey Gibson
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is one of my top reads this year. I was drawn in from the first page and couldn't put it down, a real page turner, that's for sure. Hard reading at times as it involves child abuse but what an amazing story.
S.B. Caves was born and raised in North London. He loves crime and thriller novels, classic horror movies, Korean/Japanese thriller films and true crime documentaries. He is also a huge boxing fan.
“The fall, for however long it lasted, must’ve felt like freedom.” 0 likes