Start by marking “I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy” as Want to Read:
I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy

I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy

Whether you are a newcomer or a veteran on the path of self-improvement, I Had it All the Time will awaken you to a life so magnificent that you will laugh at the notion of improving what love made whole. Quit fixing yourself and get on with the life you came to live.
Published December 1st 1994 by Alan Cohen Publications (first published January 12th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about I Had It All the Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Had It All the Time

Start your review of I Had It All the Time: When Self-Improvement Gives Way to Ecstasy
Carla Natali
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It spoke to me and it had me listening (which is pretty unsual for a "self improvement" book), I usually find this kind of book manipulative in a way that all I can read is between the lines, where the author declares himself your savior and encourage you to recommend his book to everyone, with no exception!

This one was different, uplifting and inspiring, but of course it has a lot to do with what resonates with you.
Alexis
Jan 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I am a self-improvement book junkie. This was one of the best I have ever read. All the guidance and wisdom you ever need is within you. Loved it.
Elizabeth
What a joy! Reinforcement of the head-knowledge that I am already enough, do enough, am good enough etc... - contiinuing to lose the old storylines of looking outside myself for authority, validation, self-definition, etc etc,etc...vs. the wisdom and beauty that already resides within only waiting for me to uncover and recover it,dust it off, and live tenderly into it...
David Davis
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wrote this short review on Amazon.com back in 1999. Alan contacted me and sent me an autographed copy. Such a cool dude. :)

"The Best Book of all time! The end-be-all self help book. Cohen is the MASTER. :) If you're looking for help, here is a one stop shop for understanding who you are."
Valter
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Half delusional, half inspiring
I've read this book for less than 100 pages, and then I had to stop. The author's message is good and inspiring, yes, but it also sounds so naive, delusional and repetitive that I couldn't go on anymore.
The main fault is that Mr. Cohen seems to "forget" that life and humans have a "dark side", that he barely mentions. In his portrayal of the world, it can be all love, success and unicorns. Sorry Mr. Cohen: you can be enlightened, positive and loving all you want,
Nirzari
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Alan's books. They arrive at the right time with right guidance.
Angel
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Loved it!
Jayaram
May 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Eventhough his other book "The Dragon doesn't Live here Anymore" is lauded a lot, I find this his masterpiece..the only SELF-MANAGEMENT book which tells you to change nothing in your life!
Carrie
Jul 01, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Letting Go: The Pathway To Surrender
  • Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead
  • Splendidul loc al fericirii supreme sau cum a găsit Feher Mongolia, Coreea și Japonia
  • You, asshole, YOU caused it!
  • Privind înăuntru
  • Alive
  • Fuga spre cîmpul cu ciori
  • Cartea despre femei
  • Antiparenting. Sensul pierdut al paternitatii
  • Orbi
  • Să nu râzi :((
  • The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life's Perfection
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
Alan Cohen is the author of several self help books.
“Struggle is not an act; it is an attitude. If we believe that we must fight to get what we want, we will toil over everything we do. If we recognize, however, that the universe works more efficiently for us when we approach it with ease, life will serve us in miraculous ways.” 1 likes