Start by marking “Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad (Christmas in Manhattan #1)” as Want to Read:
Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad (Christmas in Manhattan #1)

Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad

(Christmas in Manhattan #1)

Her secret Christmas wish

Dr. Grace Forbes's dramatic first day in Manhattan Mercy ER is unforgettable—especially when she runs into her old flame, ER chief Charles Davenport, again!

That spark is still there between them but they're different people now—after losing his wife, Charles is a single dad to adorable twin boys, while Grace has survived cancer but lost her dream
Published October 1st 2017 by Harlequin Medical Romances

To ask other readers questions about Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

I enjoyed Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad, let me tell you in advance it is not an erotic romance, all sexual scenes are behind closed doors, but that did not dull my enjoyment of the story, actually it fit well with Grace and Charles romance.

Grace and Charles have both been dealt things in life that most people can't handle, each had come to terms with living life the way they currently were, Charles being a single father to twins and Grace living on her own and never having kids. A job openin
SuperWendy
I'm throwing in the towel at the 50% mark because I've been slogging through this (never a great sign for a shorter category romance!) and I'm totally indifferent on what happens to the couple. There's a lot of niggling things here that started piling up and now I'm hovering at a high enough level of annoyance that the thought of picking this back up to read more is about as appealing as eating plain, steamed broccoli.

It's supposedly set in Manhattan. Here's the thing, New York City is a VERY di
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
MY RATING: 3/5 STARS

I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad tells the story of Grace and Charles, two people who were destined to be with each other but life pulled them apart. Charles, married and loved another woman, became a single father to two adorable children while Grace advanced in her career. The spark between each other are still there even through all this time.

I enjoyed this story because Grace was a sweetheart. You can really tell she ca
Liina
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Grace and Charles met years ago, when they were both studying medicine. After spending a night together their life went separate ways due to certain circumstances. When Grace started her new job, her first day in Manhattan Mercy ER was a very challenging day and in addition to that she also ran into Charles. They still have the spark between them, but so many years later, they both have a difficult past to overcome.

It’s the first book in Christmas in Manhattan and it was a solid start to the se
AnnMarie
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grace Forbes had the most passionate night of her life with Charles Davenport years ago when they were in university together training to be doctors. After that one night, circumstances meant that Charles didn't get in touch with Grace again. Broken hearted she moved on but it was still a shock to her system when now, years later she takes a new job only to find that Charles works in the same hospital.

A lot has happened in the years they have been apart. Grace has been married and divorced and h
Books and Spoons
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
An emotional and heartwarming tale of finding your place in the world, following your destiny, and finding your true north.
I absolutely adore the connection between Dr. Grace Forbes and ER chief Dr. Charles Davenport. They met in medical school, the spark was evident between them even then, but life happened just when they had a chance to build something lasting, and they were drifted apart. But they get a second chance with the connection and possibilities if life just would not interfere agai
Lynn Brooks
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Alison Roberts tugs on our emotions with the best of them! A heartwarming story about learning to live again after loss and personal tragedy. The characters are developed throughout the story as we learn bits about each of their pasts and watch them remember the past they shared together with fondness. Neither is looking for the other when they reconnect, but it doesn't take them long to figure out it was meant to be! Looking forward to more in this series!

Dr. Grace Forbes has been d
Readsandeats
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story centres on Grace and Charles. They knew each other and competed for marks against each other at medical school. One night they got talking and then for reasons unknown to Grace at that time, he stopped talking to her.
They went their separate ways after medical school, both have suffered but now they are working in the same hospital department. As they work together and get to know each other again, the chemistry that they had at medical school rekindles. Can they get past their own s
Jessica Figueroa
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dr.Grace is starting over in a new hospital and his quite a day first the power went out in the hospital shes starting off in and then she runs into a guy from the past. The old spark that was between the two seems to not have gone out and they are different people now maybe they can start anew but will the past repeat itself?

I thought that this was such charming sweet book. It was cute seeing how Grace interacted with Charles children. It was interesting seeing their life, and what happened whe
Gwessie Tee
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recieved in return for an honest review
Naughtiness 1*

Beautiful story as always, never disappointed with Alisons books, truly heartwarming and very fitting for the festive period coming soon,

As always I will ever give spoilers, but I will say this beautiful story has all a beautifully heartwarming story arc with any characters who I + definitely want to read more about wether they are in this series or not hint hint Ms Roberts lol. Also as you can see a adorable twins they are utterly adorable.

Se
Kim
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kindle, net-galley
It was a really sweet heartwarming story about 2 characters who initially met each other whilst they were qualifying as doctors. Grace and Charles had a fling in those days but following a family scandal breaking in Charles family they lost contact.

When Grace starts at Manhattan Mercy ER after several years the spark between them still exists although they've both suffered in the years they were apart. They have a lovely easy relationship where they can just talk and enjoy the simple things in l
Palabasalibro
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

As much as I hate to read couples who break up and marry other people, I learned to love this one.
Not only does it involve a second chance romance, it involves twins.

My heart was already melting in the first few chapters. It was just full of adorable events one after another.
I also liked that the characters were well-developed, and very outstanding at that.
Our hero was just literally perfect, and our heroine who is a fighter, brilliant and know
Bec
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

years ago Charles Davenport and Grace Forbes knew each other, but ended up going their separate ways after Charles broke her heart. But now, Grace is back in New York, and working alongside Charles at Manhattan Mercy Hospital. Will the spark that still blazes between them lead to a second shot at happy ever after, or will their past demons keep them apart? Read More
Debra
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Sleigh Ride with the Single Dad

Here is another story of two people who have a past. She left and is now back after several years. They meet up again and it seems that the sparks are still there. But he has a family. His twins are now motherless. And she has secrets of her own. Will there be problems due to the past?
Jo Manton
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book to fall in love with this Christmas.
Charles and graces connection with each other leaves you wondering what it might have been all those years ago but heartache and tragedy have bought them back to each other and at Christmas it’s beautiful left me longing for more x
Clare
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Set in New York at Christmas time, this second chance romance will not disappoint. This clean romance has something for everyone, medical, cute kids and a dog. It’s well written and the characters are great. I’m loving the cute cover too.
Debbie
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such a good book. The story of Grace and Charles. Once a couple then pulled apart by circumstances. Reconnecting years later after tragedy has struck both of them. This story tugs at your heartstrings from beginning to end.
Bec

Sue Mapp Harper
Feb 22, 2019
Cynthia El-shabazz
Dec 31, 2017
I was born in Dunedin, New Zealand. My father's medical career took us overseas when I was five, and I went to school in London for a year before moving to Washington, D.C. Eventually we returned to Dunedin, where I finished school and then trained as a primary school teacher.

After I married my husband, who works as a doctor, we moved to Christchurch where I worked for a time as a research technic

Christmas in Manhattan (6 books)
  • A Firefighter in Her Stocking (Christmas in Manhattan #2)
  • The Spanish Duke's Holiday Proposal (Christmas in Manhattan #3)
  • The Rescue Doc's Christmas Miracle (Christmas in Manhattan #4)
  • Christmas with the Best Man (Christmas in Manhattan #5)
  • Navy Doc on Her Christmas List (Christmas in Manhattan #6)