Start by marking “The Little Red Wolf” as Want to Read:
The Little Red Wolf

The Little Red Wolf

A young wolf, on a journey to bring his grandmother a rabbit, is charmed by the nice little girl who offers to help him... but nice is not the same as good.
Published October 3rd 2017 by Lion Forge (first published June 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Red Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Red Wolf

karen
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, kiddiwinx
NOW AVAILABLE!!

photo IMG_4512_zpsrwqdizsi.jpg

an easy five stars that wins in both story and artwork categories.

i got this through netgalley, so my photos have gone on that rough journey from computer screen to tiny camera and back to computer screen. i can only assume the physical book will be even more stunning, and i will soon be proven right about that because i am going to buy this the very moment it is available because GAH:

photo IMG_4521_zpsmj2pwyam.jpg

i want this woman to come to my apartment and paint murals on my walls.

this is an inverted li
Mischenko
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See the full review @ https://readrantrockandroll.com/2017/...

I found this book on Edelweiss and became instantly intrigued. I love fairy tale retellings and the beautiful cover and title were all I needed. I was lucky to get approved for it, then after reading the ebook I went straight to Amazon and bought a copy.

This is similar to Little Red Riding Hood, but the roles are switched. The story follows a little wolf pup in a red coat who's heading to Grandma's to deliver a rabbit. Grandma's lost
Starjustin
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
'The Little Red Wolf', a retelling of the famous Little Red Riding Hood fairy tale, has a twist to it that places a young wolf in the red cape on a journey to his grandmothers house. He has very explicit instructions from his mom but, somehow, gets distracted and lost, leading him into unknown danger. A very intriguing children's book that keeps the reader involved from beginning to the thought- provoking end.
The illustrations throughout the book were amazing and assisted with the telling of the
Lola
Short and beautiful picture book.

Not sweet like the little wolf is, but not too scary either. Perfect story to tell 3 to 5-year-olds on Halloween.

It’s very detailed, art-wise. The story is rather simple and the writing limited, but the style of the artist is awe-inspiring. I loved looking at all the little elements that formed the overall illustrations.

Because the story and narration are so short, we do not in fact get to know the little wolf, although we do get a sense of his personality. The
[Shai] Bibliophage
This graphic novel is like a spin-off of the famous classic children's story, Little Red Riding Hood. The two different version of the story through the accounts of the human hunter and the wolf is a great read. The latter is like a message to us about how human's preconception to wild animals like wolves or a specific breed of dog like pit-bull; how we should not be like the hunter who hastily judges or assume things without carefully inspecting things first.
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love fairytale retellings and so this book immediately caught my eye on NetGalley. Its a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood but it focuses on a cute little wolf instead of Red. First of all, the artwork is absolutely stunning. In my opinion, everything about the art is perfection and I especially loved the colours that were used throughout. The story itself is very good, I really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this to both adults and kids and I would read more from Amélie Fléchais. ...more
Razan
Fairy tale retellings are always my favorite, especially if it a beautifully illustrated twisted take on the beloved Little Red Riding Hood , so this tiny book did not disappoint at all, with it's astonishing artwork , interesting plot that kept me thinking and entertained to the very last page, definitely will be picking up more books by Amélie Fléchais in the future .

received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Trish
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Netgalley for an ARC of this book.

This story is loosely based on "Little Red Riding Hood", only here we have a little wolf in a red cape as the main character. He is sent to bring food to his grandmother because she is old and cannot hunt for herself anymore. Then follows the story of a child being typically careless and not heeding advice, but also of selfishness and danger.

The ending had a very nice twist to it and made this story truly be about the monsters we think we see and the m
Greg
I would really like to see a finished copy of the book. The illustrations are beautiful and imagine they will be even more so when I'm not looking at them on a computer screen.

The story is a reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood, but with a young wolf as the hero going to visit its grandmother and humans as the 'evil' waiting in the woods. There was the right amount of creepiness that makes a fairy tale appealing in non-Disney sort of way.

I have been meaning to write a review for this all week
Erin
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I cannot resist a retelling of any story from my childhood. Originally written in French, The Little Red Wolf is a retelling of "Little Red Riding Hood" Although a person might be inclined to buy it for their little ones, as a high school teacher I would love to use it as discussion with my students. Our little wolf is warned not to trust any humans that he might encounter in the woods and as we know all does not go well. Very reminiscent of the Brothers Grimm and Charles Perrault which I was ba ...more
Linda
An adorable graphic-novel for the fairytale of Little Red Riding Hood.
Gah, the artwork for this book is absolutely breathtaking!
And easy 3 stars for the art presented, although I wasn't all that drawn towards the story.

I did enjoy the twist on roles, where the "big, bad wolf" is the prey and the humans are the actual predators (quite similar to real life).

Easy read (only about 80 pages), finished in about 20 minutes (including time for admiration of the artwork).
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
I'm not sure that I would call this a graphic novel so much as a morbidly adorable children's book! The Little Red Wolf is, as you may have guessed from the cover, a retelling of Little Red Riding Hood - except, in this story, the little wolf is visiting his grandmother, when a wicked little girl tricks him!

This book was precious, and I loved the artwork so much. It was incredibly unique and would make a great "coffee table book" - you know, the sorts of books that are so pretty you just leave t
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: coffee table book fans
This would make a really lovely coffee table book. The Little Red Wolf reminds me of all the best coffee table books I read as a kid - it's just a little morbid, just a little subversive, and absolutely gorgeous. This tale wouldn't be out of place in Leigh Bardugo's The Language of Thorns.It's a really quick read, only taking me around fifteen minutes, but the subversive nature of the story and the gorgeous art really make it a worthwhile read.
Chad
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
A children's book retelling the Little Red Riding Hood story with the roles reversed. Like Grim's original fairy tale, this is a bit dark. The art is highly stylistic and won't be for everyone but I found it enjoyable.

Received a review copy from Lion Forge and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Ronyell
Red

I would like to thank NetGalley and Lion Forge for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Introduction:

Now, I have been reading fairy tale retellings for many years and I had read retellings of stories like “Cinderella,” “The Three Little Pigs,” “Sleeping Beauty” and “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” So, imagine my surprise and delight in seeing this new retelling of “Little Red Riding Hood” from NetGalley called “The Little Red Wolf” by Amélie Fléchais and I jus
Schizanthus
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Well, that was dark and depressing. The young wolf is on his way to his grandmother's house to deliver a freshly slaughtered rabbit and is warned to stay away from a certain area of the forest because that's where the horrible hunter and his daughter live. On the way he gets distracted, hungry and lost. He eats the rabbit intended for his grandmother and then worries about getting into trouble.

Along comes a nice young girl who offers to take him to her place for a replacement rabbit and he naïv
Melissa Souza
**Thank you to Diamond Book Distributors and NetGalley for sending me an ARC in return for an honest review.

5 stars!!!

This has got to be the most gorgeous little book ever. I loved this retelling of the classic tale of "Little Red Riding Hood" with a unique twist. I think it would be loved by children and adults alike. The story drives home a strong message of not judging a book by its cover and not trusting everything you hear which is a great moral lesson for children to learn about. The writi
Alina
***Note: I received a copy curtesy of Netgalley, Diamond Book Distributors and Lion Forge in exchange for an honest review.

Quite confunsed about this.. If you would have to guess based on the graphics, you would say it's a children's book, as it is kind of crude, but also beautiful, intricate, dreamy, and fairytale-like. But I wouldn't read my children such a strange and sinister story, the more so as there is no proper counsel for children, nor a real resolution, the ending being very abrupt.

I
Amy Leigh
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
If you love fairytales and retellings with a twist you would be missing out to not grab this book. The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous and the story is so beautifully written. There are twists and surprises with a fantastic adventure to jump into. I can't wait to buy several copies as gifts!

This story isn't about a little girl traveling to her grandmother's house but rather a cute little wolf with a red hooded-cape. There is a little girl but she's rather devious! I'd love to tell more but
Devann
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This was a really cute short story and the art was absolutely gorgeous. The little wolf was adorable and I like the idea of a version of Red Riding Hood where the wolves are the good guys. The only problem I had was that I think the ending is just a little bit too abrupt and could probably have benefited from adding maybe 10 or even 5 more pages. But it's still a really cute book that I would definitely recommend
Hilary
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Older children & Fairytale fans
The illustrations are 5 star plus. Beautiful subtle colours, well designed pages, mystical woodland scenes, fairytale and Tove Jansson-like. A retelling of little red riding hood in reverse where a little wolf who looks a lot like our small dog takes the place of the girl visiting Grandma. I don't think many older children will want to read this with a line or two of text on each page but not really suitable for younger children. There are some graphic scenes of rabbits being killed, little wolf ...more
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: August 3rd 2017

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and Lion Forge in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Alexandra
Don't be fooled by the lovely cover and the adorable little wolf cub. This story is a bit deeper that it may appear at first glance.

The artwork caught my eye first, and it's marvelous. Both relatively simple, but also lush and imaginative, with enough detail to delight young imaginations.

The text on the pages is reasonably short, as one would expect in a picture book, but well crafted. The reader truly feels for the young cub's plight as he tries to make his way to his grandmother's house.

The en
Isa Lavinia
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!

arc provided by Diamond Book Distributors through Netgalley

This is the prettiest, cutest, most enchanting book I've read this year!
I honestly feel so lucky to have found this!

A little red riding hood wearing Wolf pup is tasked by his mother to bring a fat juice rabbit to his wolf grandmother who has lost her teeth, and thus is no longer able to hunt.
She warns him away from the Hunter and his daughter, and though the little Wolf promises to do so he soon finds himself distracted by the beauty o
Konstantin
2.5 The illustrations were charming, but the story felt unfinished and the big moment was utterly predictable. On the other hand, the book subject is too dark (there are dead wolves, eaten alive rabbits, blood and even murder) but I think that it tried too hard to be dark and didn't focus enough on the story. How did the wolf's father know where to search for him?

Even a little child aged 3 could predict some of the things that happened here. So, even if it was meant as a retelling of the well-kn
Manon the Malicious
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The Red Little Wolf is a story inspired from Little Red Riding Hood except in this story, the wolves are the main characters.

This story was very short and adorable. I really liked it but the ending somehow didn’t feel right, like something was missing…
The artwork was incredible, it was seriously so beautiful.
I’d definitely buy this book for a kid, maybe just the original version considering I’m french and all…...
Diana
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story. It is a re telling of "the little red hood" tale, but from the wolves side this time. I LOVEd it. The art is amazing, truly mesmerizing, and the story is great and I loved that it gives a twist on the old tale by presenting it from the wolves side :)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was raised on fairytales.

As an adult, this single fact has fundamentally shaped my reading preferences. I love the darkness, the trick-cy faeness of the villains, the magicalness of the forest where almost all of these stories take place, and anytime I find a new story that embodies this kind of fairytaleness, I gleefully devour it.

I wasn't expecting THE LITTLE RED WOLF to be one such story when I received it, which seems kind of silly in hindsight . . . But at the tim
Amina
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this? I've never been a fan of retellings but this one, oh my, was wonderful!
The plot, the storyline, the events were great.
It is about the story of a family of wolves living in the roots of a tree, their little one is always wearing a red cap so he's called "Little Red Wolf". When his mum sends him to his granny to deliver a little rabbit, she doesn't forget to warn him to be careful not to talk to any human under any condition, especially the huntsman and his little daug
Yesha
*** Note: I received review copy of this book via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. I am glad I got a chance to read this book. ***

Little Red Wolf is inverted retelling of Little Red Riding, where little wolf pup is main character, wearing red cape, so innocent and lovely. That was brilliant thinking and it made story so interesting. Story told by little girl and wolf was mesmerizing and it was best part of the story.

I loved how this little story, though they were 80 pages but pretty

• Light
  • Snoring Beauty
  • Heathen Vol. 1 (Heathen, #1)
  • Bruce's Big Move
  • The Dam Keeper (Dam Keeper, #1)
  • Arthur and the Golden Rope (The Brownstone's Mythical Collection, #1)
  • Snoring Beauty
  • The Bossier Baby
  • Tacky's Christmas
  • Mrs. Chicken and the Hungry Crocodile
  • The Storybook Knight
  • If You Happen to Have a Dinosaur
  • Read the Book, Lemmings!
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade (Hilda, #3)
  • Home Sweet Home