Start by marking “His Tempestuous Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Tempestuous Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #1)

His Tempestuous Bride

(Regency Matchmaker #1)

Meet Lady Ambrosia Anaconda Algonquin, matchmaker to London's most discerning citizens. Part fairy godmother, part sorting hat, her methods might be unusual, but she always makes her match.

Published July 12th 2017 by Blushing Books Publications

To ask other readers questions about His Tempestuous Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Tempestuous Bride

Relina Skye
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
"His Tempestuous Bride" by Celeste Jones is the first book in the "Regency Matchmaker" series. Lady Tempest has lived with her maternal aunt and her family since the death of her parents. They provided her with a roof over her head, food, and some clothing. But they never liked her nor did they want to properly socialize by giving her a season. As a result, Tempest has to rely on a matchmaker to find her a husband. James Harley, the Earl of Knox, doesn't care for the London social scene and deci ...more
BJ
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: disliked
I didn't like this book, especially as I've read some great books that had the same mix of paranormal, regency, and a splash of erotica. Unfortunately I found the characters tedious and the H was so arrogant he was stupid and the h bland. The erotica was gratuitous rather than exciting, and the paranormal element just didn't work at all. I finished but it was a struggle.
Kathy Heare Watts
CALL ME DESPICABLE

For Lady Tempest Tapoate, turning eighteen-years-old will be a new beginning in her unhappy life. After losing both her parents when she was twelve, and at the mercy of her relatives, who never treated her well, she will take her happiness in her own hands. Using the matchmaking services of Lady Ambrosia, who promises her, she will have her the perfect match for a husband.

James Harley, the Earl of Knox, doesn't believe in love, but due to his title, he needs a wife and an hei
Joanie M
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed
The quirky, delightful Lady Ambrosia makes this new series truly special. The match she makes between Tempest and James certainly seems unlikely to be a love match, but as expected, the matchmaker's predictions come to pass. Tempest is a lovable character, embittered, yet able to move on. James was harder to like until he showed his true colors under his all-business exterior. The plot consisted of the interesting background of Tempest followed by the match and the romance. With numerous descrip ...more
Space Cowgirl
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's Magical🌈🏰🐲

Tempest💃💋 is an orphan living as an unwanted child with her wealthy aunt and uncle. On her eighteenth birthday, they send her to Lady Ambrosia, a matchmaker, to get her married👰 off asap.
In a slightly crazy, magical kind of way, Lady Ambrosia, selects her husband to be as James Harley🍆🌋👋, the Earl of Knox. Tempest💃💋 is sent on her way to his estate🏰 that very day!
Both Tempest and James have much to learn to ensure their happiness......

I loved this emotional and interesting Romanc
Kristin
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Donna Louise
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Donna L
Edit Review
Delete Review
This review is from: His Tempestuous Bride (Regency Matchmaker Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is a beautiful love story with a imaginative
use of language to create a humorous set of
characters.I thoroughly enjoyed the antics of
Celeste and James .This story has not only
spankings and hot sex but has easy dialogue
and sassy banter.18 year old Lady Tempest
could not wait to leave the home of her aunt
and uncle.Her childhood had been lonely with
only her maid for company.Sh
Gayla
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This turned out to be a pretty good book. Sometimes the DD books are kind of cheesy. Meaning that the focus is the erotic spankings and not on the story.

This one actually delivered a decent story that made me smile if not lol.

The characters were well written. No typos that I remember. (I finished about two weeks ago.). Dialogue was well done. Not forced or stupid.

The matchmaker's name gave me an eye roll moment but she turned out to be a nice minor character that added dimension to the book.
Tiffany
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, ez-rat-2017
The first thing that struck me in this book was the names, they were a source of entertainment to me. But if you like your character to have simple names like John or Jack, and don't care for more flamboyant names, you may struggle a bit. Additionally, while this book is set in the past, I wouldn't start reading it with the intention of historical accuracy, I don't remember exactly what the anachronisms were but since there is also a small magical element in the book, I found it easier to read a ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read the most recent book before I read this first book, I had an inkling of what I was getting myself into. This really is nothing like most of what I read in these styles; neither the historical fiction or the elements of power exchange. I already knew to expect Lady Tempest to be a bit fluff-headed and twitterpated, I just wasn’t prepared for the extent of her naiveté. I both loved and hated James. He has the protective alpha thing I love so much, but his inability to speak to his wife ...more
Joan Osborne
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not my mind of romance but.....

I must admit that this kind of romance doesn't appeal to me but the overall story and the characters were good. If you like spanking, and anal sex this book will definitely appeal to you. I wanted to be fair with my rating and disregarding the things I disliked about the book, I did like the story and I did like seeing James humbled after all he did and said to Tempest. I thought the story ended rather abruptly and would have liked there to be an epilogue but assum
Debra
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well I thank you mom for her suggestions.

For this is my first book by you and not my last in fact as soon as I finish this review I already have a new book I found in your library to read. So yes I love the book and it's just that a story with a lot of imagination. You have to read I am sure you will agree. I give my writer reviews. I don't tell the reader the story that the point of reading it and I know you will agree. Celeste Jones I wish you continue success. Happy reading it took me a day.
Kindle Reads
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Might have enjoyed if not for dual first-person POV

Writing wasn't bad. Aimed for those who easily relate to a first-person POV of an 18 year-old, which I could not.
Historical accuracy usually doesn't matter much to me. But there were quite a few obviously modern phrases.

I truly hate dual first-person POVs in erotica. There are very few authors who can drag a reader into true relationship with first-person narrator who is far from their own circumstance.

Perhaps my opinion is an anomaly.
'Call me I
Pettigg
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
James Harley has always done what was expected, now it is time for the prerequisite heir. For that he needs a wife and who has time to court one he has a better idea. A Matchmaker! He tells her exactly what he wants in a wife, and she sends him Lady Tempest not exactly what he wanted but definitely what he needs. A fun victorian romp, A matchmaker with a few tricks up her sleeve, and an Earl who is going to get an eye opening surprise!
Renee
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. I got so mad at Tempest's family. They were just plain cruel. And I was afraid James was going to be the same but he did redeem himself. The matchmaker should keep matching people, she is very good at it. In spite of her unique approach. You don't want to miss this story. I read this through the KU program.
Toni L
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, entertaining, light read that I found very enjoyable. Keeping in mind the naivety of Tempest simply wouldn't happen today I was able to just giggle at some of her thoughts & reactions. Liked the character of James, as well, especially his turnaround in attitude.
Cynthia Houser
Jul 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Tempestuous

The book was okay. Not my cup of tea. Although Tempest did silly things I did not find myself laughing out loud. I liked the characters and feel that there is a possibility for others stories, but the stories definitely need to be more developed.
Karen
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a hero/alpha male who is hard on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside and a heroine who is feisty, smart and funny that's what this book delivered
Beth DiLoreto
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved it

my first regency book. i loved tempest and james. it has a great flow and character development. cant wait to read the rest of the books
Susan
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darling

Cute story which is vert enjoyable with a HEA guaranteed. If Regency romance is your thing buy this book. You’ll like it.
Margaret Taylor
Oct 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Sorry

this type of book is not for me. Just all cunnie cock and spanking. Glad it was on Kindle Free Books as I could not be bothered to read it to the end.
Pamela
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Tempestuous Bride

This was so exciting I loved the characters and was a funny and interesting read. This is a very well written book.
Zaxs Yacs
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

For Lady Tempest Tapoate, marriage means an end to the tyranny of the aunt and uncle into whose care she was forced when her parents died. She would rather have a stranger select her spouse than allow those two sods to choose a husband for her.

James Harley, the Earl of Knox, is in need of an heir. He has rig

Anna
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun story about a young woman with no real family who goes to a match maker to find a husband. While she grows up in her loveless home, she dreams of a husband who will adore her. The matchmaker - a colorful woman- certainly encourages this fantasy. What a disappointment when she meets her groom and he only wants basically a business arrangement. What was lovely about this book was Tempest- she was so plucky. She stood up for herself- telling off her husband (and others) even when it got ...more
Cara Bristol
His Tempestuous Bride by Celeste Jones is a light, fun historical spanking romance that doesn’t take itself too seriously. The heroine is spunky & snarky, and the hero is dashing and decent, readily willing to admit when he makes mistakes. I loved the role the matchmaker played in this story. Also, I appreciated the wit and humor throughout. If you want a light, fun, enjoyable read, you can’t go wrong with His Tempestuous Bride.
Nancy Nicholson hughes
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this, they're a perfect match. James was surprised at himself, how deeply he found, he loved his wife Tempest. You'll love their relationship, including the spankings, and this is a standalone by the way. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Elaine Johnson
Palar
rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
USA Today bestselling author Celeste Jones is known for writing highly entertaining erotic romance featuring headstrong heroines and stern yet loving heroes who aren't afraid to take a naughty woman over their knees. When she's not writing, she enjoys travel, reading and dancing like no one is watching.

Regency Matchmaker (4 books)
  • His Mischievous Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #2)
  • Lessons for His Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #3)
  • His Bargained For Bride (Regency Matchmaker, #4)