Start by marking “Eye for an Eye (Jessica Daniel, #12)” as Want to Read:
Eye for an Eye (Jessica Daniel, #12)

Eye for an Eye

(Jessica Daniel #12)

"Seventeen years ago, Damian Walker abducted five women because the voices in his head told him to. Now he has been declared sane and is about to be released back onto Manchester’s streets with a new identity.

But within hours, there is another attack similar to his previous ones. Walker has proof it’s not him – but is he reliable, and, if so, who is trying to frame him?

DI
Published January 11th 2018 by Pan

To ask other readers questions about Eye for an Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye for an Eye

Luvtoread
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Impressive! Terrific new author for myself to follow. I have been looking at books by Kerry Washington for quite some time and finally have had the great pleasure to read this story. The book did not disappoint. The story revolves around a UK police department and follows the main character Jessica Daniel, who happens to be a hardworking detective and also she is working through a few personal traumas while investigating a serial killer's movements after a new murder shows similar signs of his m ...more
Liz
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Kerry Wilkinson has done it again. The Jessica Daniels series are police procedural at their best. Well defined characters, an engaging plot and a dry sense of humor. The amazing thing is that at book 12, the series shows no sign on going slack.

Jessica’s miserable week starts off with a rock star possibly being targeted, a serial rapist being released from a secure hospital under a new identity, and a bride-to-be picketing the police station over a missing fiancé.

Jessica’s a complex soul. “Jes
Hans
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Daniel is back! And it was worth the long wait! This is a very good addition to one of my favourite series. Well done!
Monnie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading several of the author's books featuring Jessica Daniel without really relating to the Greater Manchester, England, detective investigator, I think I've finally warmed up to her. To be clear, all the books I've read have been very good - it's just that Jessica herself wasn't a character I would be eager to sit down with at a bar and share drinks. This installment, though, won me over; so Jessica, if you ever cross the Pond and land in northeastern Ohio, I'm buying.

How that mental sw
Denise
Oh, Kerry Wilkinson, how cruel you are to end your books with a cliffhanger and then force us to wait endlessly (it seems) for the next in the excellent Jessica Daniel series!

DI Jessica Daniel is as busy as ever! Based at the Longsight Police Station in the Manchester area, she has a caseload that keeps her working day and night. In this outing, Jessica teams up with DCI Lewis Topper as they monitor and work a bit behind the scenes while the rest of the team gets the groundwork on.

After the se
Michelle
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eye for an Eye is the twelfth book in the Jessica Daniel series by Kerry Wilkinson, and after binge reading the series over December I couldn't wait to dive into this book, especially with the cliffhangers and unfinished events from the previous books.

After the long break between reading the first book, to catching up on the series, I had forgotten how much I love this world, and how 'real' it feels....it's up the motorway from me so it's pretty easy for me to imagine the accents, the tone of vo
Paul
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye for an Eye – Manchester’s Finest Inspector

Those who do not know Detective Inspector Jessica Daniels, where have you been? This is one female detective, who having to fight her way up in the police, with enemies on the inside and out, certainly likes doing things her own way.

Daniels is based at Longsight Police Station, a couple of miles outside of the city centre, and is base to many of Greater Manchester Police’s finest. When after a briefing Acting Chief Constable asks for her and her line
Petula Darling
I liked this one, but I'm getting tired of cliffhangers and major plot points that don't go anywhere for several books. It originally worked with the Adam explosion storyline, but when that didn't end up going anywhere (view spoiler), I started to lose faith that there was a plan for the others.
~ Cariad ~
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!

Love Jessica Daniel, love her team, love the stories, love the writing, love the narrator...don't change anything KW, but, can we get the thirteenth book on Audible sooner PLEASE!!

Holy shit... FINALLY book 12's on Audible!!!

Diving straight into this badboy asap!
Els
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have already read several books by this author and every time he surprises me with a different kind of story telling. It seems like he is like several writers living in one body. I never know what to expect, but he delivers time after time.

I totally love Jessica. She is my kind of girl the way she gives the impression of giving in but always coming out on top and she often made me smile.

I like the way the author mixes some jokes with the suspense. I had figured out a part of the secrets, but i
Julie Lacey
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the Jessica Daniels series and this book is another great read.
Jess is faced with a gruesome murder just after another murderer, Walker, has been released. She thinks she’s going to investigate it but the powers that be put her and Topper on a parallel investigation keeping an eye on Walker, who now has a new identity.
As well as this she is the point of contact for a rock group staying in a nearby hotel and she gets called out for threats against the lead singer, but all is not what it
Vicki - I Love Reading
review to follow
Joyce
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

The police and his last victim – who miraculously survived an attack seventeen years earlier – learn that Damian Walker has been released from custody. He had murdered four women and was attempting to murder the fifth when she escaped and Walker was caught.

DI Jessica Daniel and her boss DCI Lewis Topper respond to the call of an eighteen-year old girl named Casey Graves who was murdered in an historic hall in a park. It is down pouring rain. The murder is remarkably similar to the ones t
Diane Hogg
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kerry Wilkinson has gone and done it again, releasing the 12th book in the Jessica Daniels series, An Eye For An Eye, is there any more that Kerry can publish, a relentless series which just gets better and better the more Kerry writes. If you haven’t read any of the books regarding Jessica Daniels, I would regard it as a must to obtain the full effect of the continuation of the series.

An Eye For An Eye opens with the release of a known serial murderer who killed women seventeen years previousl
Marj Ward
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation of this series. I don't know how Jessica copes! I don't know how the Author keeps writing such fabulous books. I want the next book NOW please! Sad but predictable event with Adam. Where is Bex? Thanks to NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book.
Jimbo
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Eye for an Eye is the 12th entry into the Jessica Daniel series and it is a good one. Three separate stories are intermingled here, all unrelated but all interesting in their own right.

Jessica is back on form, continuing to show the vulnerability explored in previous entries. Her friends and colleagues take a bit more of a back seat here. There is not as much time spent on Dave and Archie, and almost nothing on Hugo and Caroline. Instead we see her growing relationship with Topper as the main i
Michelle Figueiredo
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book, the storyline but I'm getting tired of cliffhangers, I think the writer don't need this for people buy the next one, or be interested.
Kath
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read the last Jessica Daniel book. Although Mr Wilkinson has been keeping me busy with a couple of stand alone books in between times, I have really missed the lovely Ms Daniel and was extremely excited when I got my hands on this book. It's book 12 in the series so there is a quite a bit of catching up to do if you haven't been following from book one but, believe me it would be well worth doing that before tackling this one, obviously for background, character develop ...more
Jacqueline Murphy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was first introduced to DI Jessica Daniels when I was off sick from work after an accident, I became engrossed in this series and had so many to read, so much so, I felt I was Jessica Daniels by the time I was due to go back to work ha ha!!! So when I saw that the new one was out, to say I was delighted is an understatement.

There are a few different plots going on in “Eye for an Eye” with the main one being about a serial killer “Jaws” being released into society. Damian Walker attacked and m
Linzi Moon
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I received this free preview I realised just how much I have missed Jessica Daniel this year. The storyline is as enthralling as ever.

There is the usual band of familiar faces at Longsight plus some old characters from the past.
This is not a standalone book. For anyone not familiar with the series I would strongly recommend going back at least a few books, if not to the beginning, to become familiar with Jessica’s story.

There are many well-developed characters and all kinds of confl
Maria Lee
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the twelfth in the Jessica Daniels series and it certainly lived up to my expectations. The author balances Jessica's work and personal life so well.

A convicted murderer, Damien Walker, has been released from a psychiatric unit after seventeen years; given a new identity (against his will) and placed in a safe house. Jessica is tasked with keeping an eye on him. Another murder, with similarities to Walker's historical ones, occurs. Could Walker have done it or is there a copycat mur
Diane
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Eye for an Eye, Jessica Daniels #12, by author Kerry Wilkinson is another very good and anticipated addition to this series. Oh WOW! The books get better and better with good characters, believable plots, and suspense. The reader also feels the internal upheaval of Jessica's private life in regard to Adam. Oh My Heart, that was sad!
In this book, there are several things going on in Jessica's life and making sure a recently released criminal is not leaving bodies for her to find is the top priori
Donna Hines
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Inspector Jessica Daniel is heavily involved in catching a killer.
Damian Walker has murdered 5 women 17 yrs prior and today he's set to be released from prison.
Four of those women died with only one living to tell her story.
Anne Atkinson the lone survivor has had to endure an awful lot.
Can Damian be reformed behind bars?
Liam meanwhile is missing and Blaine Banner has had problems with drugs all along.
Now Anne is in the spotlight but not for what you might think.
Crying foul or actual survivor?
Cou
Donna
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to be sent this book free by the Author, And am I so pleased I was, having followed Jess's journey through the police Force amid all the exciting cases and crimes throwing myself into the midst of everything as it happens, who needs to be a fly on the wall, I was there, in my head anyway. An Eye For An Eye threw me straight back into it all, trying to work out who was guilty of what and who was planning what, the usual banter between the work colleagues always makes me chuckle, anoth ...more
Fran Ringland
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eye for an eye. From the first paragraph I knew Wilkinson’s plan to slow down his Daniel publication had paid off. Brilliantly written, layer upon layer is laid out. I trust wilkinson to lay it out, sort it out and finish with something that makes me desperate to have the next book in my hands. I don’t want to give any spoilers but there were many pointers that one lingering story line would not be resolved in this book but would hopefully rumble in this - actually maybe two threads. A self cont ...more
Bunmi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive a free copy of this book from the Author.

Absolutely loved the 12th iteration in the story of Jessica Daniel. It's amazing how much the character has evolved from 'Locked In', reading the synopsis of the first book at the end of this one. Her new boss, DCI Topper is an intriguing character, someone who is more like Jessica, and I can see their relationship forming for further books.

As always, I love how the story comes together as Jessica's brilliant mind and her c
miss louise taylor
I have been reading Jessica Daniel books from the stArt and always look forward to the release of the next one. I don't know whether I have just outgrown them But I found this one unbelievable and lacking in terms of depth of character. There is hardly anything about Jessica's relationship with her friends (Hugo and izzy) and any mention of Adam just seems lacking in empathy..like they just want him out of the way so Jessica can have another love interest. The plot is far fetched. Sorry, just no ...more
Lynn Gardner
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-books
I really just never get tired of Jessica Daniel. She is snarky, professionally rebellious, and the people she surrounds herself with make for a good time, even in the throes of a case. I also stay intrigued with her personal life and the developments in it, including some closure on her fiancé and the mystery of what happened to Bex.

This book is not one that would be easy to pick up if you have no background. It’s possible, but I’d definitely recommend picking up the rest in the series first. I
Annie Fish
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Was sent this book free by the author.

It takes you through a journey with old friends and new characters. The story immerses you into areas of Manchester and makes you feel as though you are there witnessing the events as they unfold.
It was a fast paced storyline that kept me on the edge of my seat. Sub plots were intriguing and the main plot had depth and substance with twists and turns at every corner. I found the whole book thoroughly entertaining and a must read.
Mr.M.R.DANCE
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica's challenges

Jessica and her team face another intriguing challenge. Someone from her past returns. Events take place and questions have to be asked?
The storyline is nicely paced through out the book giving the reader some unexpected outcomes.
Another very enjoyable Jessica Daniels story.
  • Class Murder (DI Geraldine Steel, #10)
  • Come and Find Me (DI Marnie Rome, #5)
  • The Dead Don't Dance (Jungle Beat #3)
  • Death to Pay (Detective Ian Wilson, #3)
  • Blackwater (DI Nick Lowry, #1)
  • Next to Die (Joe & Sam Parker #1)
  • The Shrouded Path
  • Empty Nets and Promises
  • The Life and Rhymes of Benjamin Zephaniah: The Autobiography
  • The Frozen Contract (DCI Tom Caton Manchester #7)
  • In Place of Death (Narey & Winter, #5)
  • Last Resort (Bob Skinner, #25)
  • Skeleton Sea (Forensic Geology #4)
  • The Girl in the Green Dress
  • After He Died
  • Far Horizon
  • Fall Down Dead (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #18)
Recent & upcoming releases:

- Something Wicked (Andrew Hunter 1): 8 October
- Eye For An Eye (Jessica Daniel 12): 7 November
- Something Hidden (Andrew Hunter 2): 10 December

Kerry W

Jessica Daniel (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Locked In (Jessica Daniel, #1)
  • Vigilante (Jessica Daniel, #2)
  • The Woman in Black (Jessica Daniel, #3)
  • Think of the Children (Jessica Daniel, #4)
  • Playing with Fire (Jessica Daniel, #5)
  • The Missing Dead (Jessica Daniel, #6)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Jessica Daniel, #7)
  • Crossing the Line (Jessica Daniel, #8)
  • Scarred for Life (Jessica Daniel, #9)
  • For Richer, For Poorer (Jessica Daniel, #10)