Start by marking “Absinthe” as Want to Read:
Absinthe

Absinthe

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  3,024 Ratings  ·  487 Reviews
The name on the screen was “Absinthe.”

I knew her as the sultry voice blowing up my phone for late night chats about Proust and Hemingway interspersed between the best phone sex I never knew I could have.

We’d never met.

Until the day she walked into my office, her cherry lips wrapped around a candy apple sucker and an all too familiar voice that said, “They said you wanted
Published August 8th 2017

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT

This book was just so fucking perfect!!! I loved it... :)

And I'm sure just like me when you look at this book cover you're gonna think, hmm this must be one of those forbidden love stories and probably they're gonna bang each other with countless times... Well, let'me tell you something, this book will surprise you very much because this story was more emotional than I expected and there was less sex scenes in this book than I'd thought. And I was really okay with that. <3

Anyway long story sh
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Before we get into this review, can we all just take a moment to appreciate this hot as hell cover?! I seriously don’t even remember half of my review when I look at this so this is going to be a difficult review. Aside from the drool worthy cover, . Absinthe wasn’t your ordinary student/ teacher romance where you’re overtaken by lust and a few complications and then you get a happily-ever-after. There were so many layers to this story and I loved getting to see them all.

Halston is the type
warhawke
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Forbidden romance lovers
Shelves: angsty, romance-love
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Halston Kessler grew up with nothing. As a high school student she aspired to change her life and be something. One impulsive moment brought her to a dating site where she found a well read man that challenge her opinion.

Ford Hawthorne had needs. Due to the sensitive nature of his new job as the principal of a prestigious school, he turned to the anonymity of online hook up. Never would he have thought the one that stirre
Jenny
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't know what I was going to get when I went into this book. What I got was an awesome sweet surprise.

I'm not going to lie, the first bit of this book was slow for me. Then once things started happening around the 35% mark, it was amazing.

Halston had lived a life full of let downs, abuse, and learning people aren't what they say they are. So when she is taken in by her uncle and aunt she doesn't expect anything life changing to happen. Like meeting someone that will impact her life in a w
Natalie The Biblioholic
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's LIVE! http://bit.ly/2vBA85l

This story officially popped my Winter Renshaw cherry… and I have absolutely no regrets!! Gosh, where do I even start? How about that cover? They definitely didn’t make Principal’s who looked like that back in my day. Not sure how I would have been able to focus on my studies.

Yup, I would most assuredly be obsessed. Unless there was a course on how to effectively stalk his fine azz, I’d fail terribly!!

Seriously though, I enjoyed the heck out of the concept of thi
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ABSINTHE: Is a standalone forbidden romance novel by Winter Renshaw. In this we meet Ford Hawthorne in his late twenties and seventeen year old Halston, also spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

ab.sin.the (noun)
Highly intoxicating
Dangerously addictive
And formerly forbidden until now!

Some people were born with silver spoons. I was born with a rusted paring knife.

Halston has been under the care of her uncle her permanent residence until she graduates high school which she's behind one year du
Dilek VT

**********************************************

Being alone was all I knew. I was all I had, really. That and books. Losing myself for hours in worlds that only existed in the confines of a paper jacket was my only escape from a life I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemy.

**********************************************

The book begins with a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald:
“First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.”

And it ends with a quote from Virgina Wolf:
“In c
Kate ♥
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

Let me say I went into this book blind and did not read the synopsis. And overall I think it was a great quick read! I really enjoyed the dating app theme with all the texting and phone calls. Something about reading texts in a book just gets me every time. So this book was about a girl, Halston aka Absinthe, who has a troubled past meets this guy, Ford aka Kerouac, on a dating app! It is an anonymous app where you dont even discover what the person on the other end looks like until you
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I think I am just not a match with this author. In looking at my bookshelves and the books I've read in the past, sadly I've never rated one of her books higher than 3 Stars (mostly are rated 2.5).

I feel like the overall premise and the beginning was good! I was sucked in and I was really enjoying the book. But then it seemed to slam on the breaks.

I'm going to put a spoiler tag because I get a little ranty...(view spoiler)
bella ϟ✨
Myla
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book just blew me away! The story of Ford and Halston is enthralling the moment I started reading it! I can't put it down and losing sleep is so worth it!It's angsty and exciting at the same time to see what will happen to our Absinthe & Kerouac. As always Winter Renshaw wrote this one flawlessly. The pacing of each scene was perfect! If you haven't read a book by this author, this can your first and you'll love it. Highly recommended!
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The cover is the best part.
Kübra Yağmur
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kübra by: Dilek VT
Shelves: 2017
Hem kitap hem de karakterler hakkında tarafsızım. Kendini okuttu belki ama bana geçen bir şey olmadı. Kafama takılan yerleri sevdim/sevmedim şeklinde bırakacağım buraya, o kadar.

Sevmedim: Kahramanın dilinden anlatılan kitaplarda bakış açısı değiştirilmesinden hoşlanmıyorum. Hele hele böyle kısa bölümlerin olduğu bir kitapta, karakterler arası geçişler beni çok yordu. Bölümler biraz daha uzun tutulmuş olsaydı belki bu konu canımı bu kadar sıkmazdı elbette.

Sevdim: Karakterlerin kitaplarla bağını,
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
This was a short, fun taboo read.
I'm all caught up with my arcs this month and wanted to try something new.
I loved the taboo aspect of this book but what made it even better for me is that as a teacher/student relationship book, I appreciated that the author waited for the heroine to be older and legal for the something "more" to happen.
What makes it a 3 star read for me was that I felt that a lot of the book was rushed. I would have liked both characters to be developed further when they wer
Lauren Smith
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow...

I was just spellbound by this book. I literally read this in one day and loved it so much I had to write a review. The chemistry is so explosive I physically whimpered at parts and the emotions were deep and riveting. Just wow...Halston and Ford...amazing.
Sedef Tekiner
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 aslında ama kanaat notuyla 5 yaptım. Yorum gelecek.
TheresaDK
Loved everything but the ending.
Liz
I really enjoyed this one. However, I have to admit that around the 85% mark, the book was going at a rapid pace and it didn't live up to the first parts of the book. Overall, a very good read
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
4 Taboo Stars

ab•sin•the
n o u n
highly intoxicating,
dangerously addictive,
and formerly forbidden
. . . until now.

This is Taboo. This is so wrong it's right. And oh my god did I enjoy this forbidden love story. I was a bit unsure when I read the blurb. A high school student and a professor? I don't know. . . but now I do know. And. Holy. Shit.

Absinthe is the story about a young girl and a man who meet each other online, creating an unbreakable bond. Halston have had it rough. She grew up i
KceeReads •°°•.UnboundBookReviews•°°•
"Utterly unique take on the student-teacher romance trope."

Halston Kessler and Ford Hawthorne found each other through a dating app called "Karma". Both fond of reading classics and sexy exchange, they easily found connection with each other. Everything was all fun, until summer ended and Halston realized that her new high school principal is the man she's sharing her sexual fantasies with.

Student-Teacher romance is one of the most loved and sought after love stories. I have read and loved a
Grey
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
"If things were different, she could be mine."

*Swoon* I really enjoyed the beginning of this book... well, actually, I enjoyed the book altogether. It is very well written, Ms. Renshaw is a gifted author; writing spicy, fun dialogue, witty and sharp commentary and an overall storyline that was easy to slide into and immerse yourself with.

However, on that note... I did enjoy the first, probably 60%, of the book more than the rest. No spoilers... sorry! I will say it is a stylistic choice vs. a st
Mandy
4.5

Really enjoyed this one. Perfect epilogue ❤❤❤
Ann
Aug 14, 2017 marked it as maybe
Ranting down below...

I read the prologue.
The heroine is a typical high school brat:

Challenges authority, difficulty conducting herself appropriately, possible boundary issues (word for word from the book). --> Typical teenager!

I don't know how any adult man would fall in love with a high school kid like that.

"I mean, I can try but 'fuck is one of my favorite words int he English language. What if I can't stop saying it? Then what?"

"Then we'll worry about that when the time comes," I say
Jessica Gadziala
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Book-themed romance, heavy on the angst? Yes, please!
Karin
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ✨✨✨✨

This was a bit different from your typical student/principal book but, I loved it none the less. Ford met Halston online and 3 weeks after they ended there online only thing they met when she walks into his office. He refused to give in no matter how much she tried as long as she was his student. As much as I loved that I would have liked more of them together.

I adored both Halston & Ford. She was straight gangsta!! She was so strong and resilient and after she'd been through in her
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
While this wasn't too student/teacher (or Principal in this case), I still loved this relationship too much to care! THAT EPILOGUE!
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Aug 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Şu araya giren 5 yıl muhabbetinde, atıyorum ikisinden biri kaza geçirseydi de komada kalsaydı ne farkı olurdu, ikisinden biri evlenmek zorunda kalsaydı, başka bi sebepten, başka bir yanlış anlaşılmadan ya da?

Bunu söylememin nedeni şu: Hollywood zaten her yıl, Hollywoodun ne kadar aynı şeyi çektiği bilmeyen insanlar gitsin bunu sinemada izlesin ve dram kotasını doldursun diye çekiyor aynı bu tip kurguyu. Olayların kopuşu, ayrılık nedeni, kavuşamama nedeni, sonradan bir araya geliş nedeni, ikisin
Tina H
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was actually a cute read which I didn't expect. I guess I expected it to be a little darker due to it being a student/principle relationship but it ended up being sweet.

I liked it!

Yasemin Ünal
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bitti benimki.
Some Like It Hot!: This topic has been closed to new comments. Sėptėṃber BʘTM~ Absinthe 15 52 Sep 20, 2017 12:56PM
Maryse's Book Blo...: Absinthe - Buddy Read (There May Be Spoilers) 15 11 Sep 10, 2017 07:22PM

“It was never about the student-teacher dynamic,” he says. “It was only ever about you. All I ever wanted was the smart-mouthed girl who quoted Great Gatsby in a world where everyone else quoted Nickelback.” 2 likes
“As much as I'm at odds with the idea of love, I can't help but find myself in love with the idea of you.” 2 likes