Start by marking “Jamie's Choice (Bringing Jamie Home Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Jamie's Choice (Bringing Jamie Home Trilogy Book 1)

Jamie's Choice (Bringing Jamie Home Trilogy Book 1)

What if she could simply say no to her old dream? What if she could simply say—
No men! No kids! And no pets!
It’s the perfect life for thirty-seven-year-old Rachel McGivney, a career woman who’s struggled for years to gain a foothold in business . . . and to keep her emotions under control.
So, when high-powered lawyer Garrett Yates (her high school crush) returns to town
Published July 12th 2017 by Saborn Press (first published July 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Jamie's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jamie's Choice

Julie Carpenter
Rachel has recently returned back to her home town. She's bought her own home, loves her yard and gardening, has a great and thriving business. She's content and enjoying life. The only problem? The neighbor across the street. Yep, that little boy who romps around with his shaggy dog and wreaks havoc to her prize winning flowers (among other things). Well Rachel is not going to have it any longer, she's going to march on over and give his mother a piece of her mind.

So starts the beginning of thi
Mary McFarlane
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was asked to read this book and write a review for it by the author and I'm very honored to have been asked to do that. This story was very good. Some parts could have used a bit more filler but once you got into the story, you really go into the story. It took me on a rollercoaster and I loved it. I'm very excited to see what else is in store for Jamie and Rachel in the next book, whenever that comes out
Alycia
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I would like to thank Sherile Reilly for sending me an ARC of her novel. It was a pleasure to discover your world and writing!

When the author introduced me her novel, I immediately knew that I would enjoy reading it but I didn't know that I would totally love it! From the very beginning, I could relate to the main character, Rachel. Not that I don't want to be married or have a family to live with, but I'm kinda a lonely woman who loves her calm life too. That being said, I was won
HeidiLynns BookReviews
First, I want to thank Sherile Reilly for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.
Jamie’s Choice by Sherile Reilly is part one of the Bringing Jamie Home Trilogy. It was my first time reading her writing and liked her style. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.
My heart ached so badly for Jamie whom lost his Mom and had to live with his neighbor Rachel. I wanted to hug him. He had many ups and downs living with her.
I absolutely loved the storyline of Rachel a
Sherile Reilly
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
What an adventure!

Jamie's Choice was such a pleasure to write, such a pleasure that I had to create a trilogy.

I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you who took the time out of your busy day to write a review.
Knowing that so many people viewed the book in such a positive manner encourages me to continue writing and to finish a new trilogy.

Thank you from Jamie, Rachael, Garrett and Scooter (the clever sheepdog).
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and I must say I really enjoyed what I read. Hard-nosed Rachel likes her quiet little life, no kids, no husband, no drama. Well unless you count the unruly kids and his dog from across the road.
With her orderly life, Rachel has everything she needs, until everything changes dramatically! The sudden appearance of a child and a man in her life turns everything upside down. How will she cope?
I really enjoyed this story and cannot wait to see what comes next for Rachel a
Cathy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rachel has returned to her hometown after twenty years. She is content as a single woman with her own home and the niceties that were lacking in her childhood. Although she isn't interested in changing the status quo, a large dog, a young boy with a sick mother, an assertive widowed neighbor and a handsome lawyer who just happens to be her high school crush are shaking the foundations of her comfortable life. This book has a great story line, and even though I found Rachel's crazy neighbor to be ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very unusual story in a way that you have a mother give her ten-year-old son away to her neighbor she had only met a few times. No, not because she is heartless but because she loves him more than anything in the world. Rachel McGivney had just moved back into town after being gone since she had started college.
Now at thirty-eight, she had started her own interior and renovation business. Since her hometown was growing leaps and bounds she was doing very well. Since moving into the
Bec
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it

Rachel McGivney finds it hard to say no to her high school crush, Garrett Yates, even though they haven't seen each other in years. But the responsibility of taking on rambunctious nine-year-old orphan, Jamie Sorenson, and his sheep dog isn't one she's ready for. However, once she makes the decision to take the young boy, will she be able to show him the love he deserves, or will Rachel find it too hard to take care of Jamie and give up any chance of a future with Garrett?

This story starts off
Edlira Dibrani
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Life was black and white to Garrett, whereas I second-guessed every decision I made."

I liked the book. It had a very interesting story about a very important aspect of all people’s lives. I think the story should have been more detailed and not flow very quickly because giving more details and emotional approach would have made this book even better. Also, at this part when the kid’s mom dies I think giving a more detailed description of the final moments of her death, it would have been more e
Catherine Saykaly-Stevens
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plot-Driven Romance is a Gem for Romance Readers and First Time Romance Readers

I don't normally read romances (my last romance read was about 2 decades ago) and was so pleasantly surprised by the low fluff was and by the high dramatic value tied to a strong plot. If you like romance, want to try a romance, or love plot-driven storytelling, this is your book.
Now for the rest of the trilogy.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a few false starts with this book. I think I just wasn't in the right mind set for this one. It took me a while to get into the book. I almost dnf, but decided to keep on going. The closer I got to the end, the further away it seemed.

Rachel recently returned to her old hometown where she is the neighbor of Elena and Jamie. Jamie is a rambunctious 10 year old with a dog that lacks training. Rachel sees Jamie running a muck, letting the dog run loose and thinks both Jamie and the dog need
Annette
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good start to Jamie's story. There is lots of unfinished business though which I'm sure the author will take care in the other parts. Rachel is too hung up on her past, I did feel sorry for what happened with her family but dwelling on teenage life is immature to me. She's puts forth the effort but is her heart really in it? With everything that Jamie has on his plate, my heart went out to him, Rachel came across as selfish at times and Garrett is a puzzle to me as well.

I received a co
Cale
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the opening pages of “Jamie’s Choice” I knew it would be different from the books I’ve been reading lately and I was right! Ms. Sherile Reilly wastes no time setting up the scene, and writes in a way that the words are painting as much of a picture in our heads as the descriptions are… really creates great visualizations and elicits emotional investments the whole way through. I truly cared about the characters’ fates, and was shocked and saddened at certain things (no spoilers). I did thin ...more
Amy
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
very good book. Looking forward to the next one. First time reading from this author
A.M. Westerling
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of sweet women's fiction
Jamie’s Choice is the first book in the Bringing Jamie Home Trilogy. Rachel McGivney, a hard-working career woman is persuaded by her high-school crush to become the guardian of a young boy. But can Rachel learn to forget the past and forgive herself? This well written story has a nice cozy feel to it with a lovely hint of romance and a liberal splash of humour. I look forward to reading the next book in the series!
Ginger Mcclintick
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to read this book and write a review for the author and I was very honored to have been asked to do this I have never been asked before to review a book. I really enjoyed the story about Jamie and Rachel and am looking forward to reading the next book in the trilogy to see how Jamie and Rachel's story continues.
Jodi Bobbett
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read

A well written well thought out storyline. A young boy loses his mother, has a guardian who believes she isn't good enough, and her old high school crush who is now a lawyer make for a funny yet poignant story. Looking forward to the next installment.
Chloe
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Stephenee
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I received an ebook from the author, but that in no way affected my opinion or review. *

This is my first time reading author Sherile Reilly, but it won't be the last! I enjoyed her characters, her banter, and her unique plot. She weaves a tale that leaves the reader alternating between wanting more and needing the end so that you know what happens to the characters that become your friends.

This story centers around Rachel McGivney and her seemingly perfect, if not boring life (that sh mis sati
Jaime Kurp
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jamie’s Choice
By Sherile Reilly
Reviewed by Jaime Kurp

Rachel is set in her way. She likes having things done her way and has no room for a kid. Rachel has just found out that her neighbor Elena wants her to be her son, Jamie’s guardian. Rachel has no idea what to do. But then she gets invited to a Mistletoe party by Elena and runs into Garrett, the guy from high school that she had a crush on. She hasn’t thought about him in a long time and by seeing Garrett it brings all these feelings back tha
Shirley
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-romance
Single career decorator Rachel runs into her high school crush Garrett at a friends home. She meets a little boy Jamie and his mother when he picks her prize tulips. She makes friends with his mother and finds out she is dying. She is asked to be the guardian for Jamie. She holds a secret that keeps her from thinking she is a good choice for Jamie but gives in at the end and agree's . She must believe in herself and forgive herself and believe in love. The book is well written and I enjoyed it v ...more
Annette

I received a co
Isis Ray-sisco
I really enjoyed reading Jamie's Choice. I thought the plot was believable as were the characters. It was real too..showed emotions and how someone might truly feel in the same situation. I wish it weren't just the first part of the story. I can't read the rest of the books to find out how it all plays out. I have some guesses but we shall see what happens. I would highly recommend this book to others. I will be looking for more of this author's books.
Coffee Chat
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like your romance with flawed but endearing characters, deep, complex emotions and full of heart, you’ll love this book! Rachel decided she didn't want marriage or kids. Then she meets 10 year old Jamie and things change. Maybe she needs to rethink her life. This is both a heart wrenching and a heart warming story that I really enjoyed reading.
Lillie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although this is the first book in the series, it could be read as a standalone. I received all three books at once so I read them one after the other in sequence. I enjoyed the character development.

I received this book in a promotion in which the author hoped for a review, but a review was not required and the opinions are my own.
Amanda Williams
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really great read. Believable and down to earth characters and the storyline had me enthralled. Would reread over and over again
Shirley Dickson