Start by marking “Wildwood (The Hightower Trilogy Book, # 1)” as Want to Read:
Wildwood (The Hightower Trilogy Book, # 1)

Wildwood

(Moonlit #1)

Tanzy Hightower is not crazy. At least, that’s what she tells herself. Crazy looks more like her mother, who studies each sunrise with the same fascination other women give tabloid magazines in the grocery store checkout line. Crazy sounds like the woman on the radio claiming there’s a whole separate world existing parallel to our own. Still, Tanzy can’t deny the tingle of ...more
Published September 26th 2017 by The Parliament House (first published March 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wildwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildwood

Start your review of Wildwood (The Hightower Trilogy Book, # 1)
Candace Robinson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the cover and love the name Tanzy! If I had another kid, I might've actually named her that! Also, she loves horses! Who doesn't love horses? They are mystical and magical and awesome!

I really liked the writing in this one! It wasn't over the top or not enough—it was the perfect blend of what needed to be said. After Tanzy's father is killed in an accident, things pick up right away. Tanzy has questions along the way and you kind of guess with her as she isn't sure about a lot of things.

I'm
Julie Ford
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read paranormal but I was excited to get my hands on this one. I love books with horses. Usually when I read a novel, my main focus is on the characters, writing style and plot, but then there are times when the language stands out just as much. The best of both worlds. When I read the first paragraph of Moonlit, I knew that I was going to lose myself not only in the story but in the language as well:

"Virginia's trees look like they're burning. Most of them blaze crimson or go
Elisabeth Wheatley
ASDFGHJKL—that pretty much sums up my feelings. I was freaking out for most of the book because, to quote Samwise Gamgee, how could it turn out happy? Well, it wasn’t all sunshine and roses, but I found this to be a most satisfactory and awesome ending to a fantastic series. I am sad to bid Lucas and Tanzy and Jayce and Moonlit farewell, but I am not so cruel as to wish more trouble upon them. No, not that cruel at all.

The plot:

Twisty. The plot was twisty. I kept getting hit by first this shock
Hettie Blocker
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book. The author throws in twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book. It's fast moving and almost impossible to put down. I cannot wait to see where Ms. Jones is going to lead us on Tanzy's continued journey.
Ashley
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! You really feel like you're right there with Tanzy with everything she experiences. And she experiences some pretty amazing things. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Elisabeth Wheatley
I have another addition for my Shelf of Awesome! I downloaded this awhile ago, but like so many other Kindle books, it was allowed to sit neglected and ignored, gathering digital dust on my electronic shelves. Then I finally opened it when I was on the train and bored out of my mind, thinking I would “just start it,” but forty minutes later, I was nearly 20% in and had to pry myself from the screen. I had high hopes when I started for magic, mystery, a teen heroine, hints of romance, and best of ...more
Jodie
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to love this book, but if I am being honest, I didn't love it. The author is super sweet and this was a good first novel.

I think the concept is a good one, and overall, the main character's development was great. I liked the main character a lot. There seems to be more to her under the surface than what is on the page. I would love to read more about it within the story.

You can see the author's writing potential and where it could lead. I think the reason I only liked Moonlit in
Jadie Jones
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As a child, my grandfather would sit me in his lap and weave tales about the Cherokee nation, and a girl who belonged with horses. His words painted a whole new world, and my mind would take flight. My goal in crafting Tanzy's story, one that travels across the globe and a thousand years into the past, was to do the same for every reader who picks up this book.

I am honored by anyone who chooses to read and/or review this book, and I welcome any feedback.

www.JadieJones.com
Dawn
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! And like my rating says, I did think it was amazing :) . I expected for there to be a story of a young woman and the trials of life. Instead I was taken on an adventure that crossed time and kept me enthralled until the very last page! I am sincerely hoping there is a sequel? Please!? :)
Patrick
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to read this highly anticipated debut from a rising star.

Just finished this book. It was everything I hoped it would be (intrigue with just the right amount of action). I had to take a sick day at work because I could not put it down! Can't wait to see what happens with Tanzy next!
Esli Kloppers
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Okay, whaaaat? What a ride! (She says a bit cheekily) That was amazing, but you can’t just leave me hanging there…I’m in limbo… wondering what’s going to happen next? I can’t wait to read more!!

I wasn’t really sure what to expect with this book, but I was most definitely pleasantly surprised. At first when I saw the cover with the horse (even though it is a pretty cover) I kind of sighed inwardly, thinking it was going to be too typically the girl and her horse and drama like one of those horse
Megan Houde
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Parliament press for the copy for review! 3.7/5 🌟

What if there was a world parallel to ours. Like two plays side by side on a stage, and this other world wants something from us.
Tanzey Wildwood (loving the name) is doing her normal birthday traditions of going with her dad to their horse pasture, and farm, and riding with him. Then disaster strikes. She sees something in the form of a dark shadow and the next thing she knows her dad and his horse are gone. Over the edge and in the
Naaz
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I'm not sure what I was expecting going into this book but it certainly was not this. I picked up my Kindle to try out the first few chapters and ended up finishing the whole book. The story sucked me in completely and I greatly enjoyed Tanzy's character as well as the the others.

I especially liked the world-building as well as the descriptions of the Unseen World. Normally when I read YA fantasy, it feels like
Paula Ratcliffe
Lauren
Horses have always been a passion for 18-year-old Tanzy Hightower and she is connected with them in a way no one else is. They sense the things outside the farm, unexplainable things. When Tanzy takes a terrifying ride right into the heart of the woods everything she knows comes into question.

It is quite clear that the author knows a thing or two about horses and that is abundantly shown in her writing style. Tanzy’s troubled history was striking and pulled me right into the story, galloping alo
Jasmyne
Jadie, you did a very good job on writing this book. I think it's my favorite book out of "Starseed", "The Mist on Bronte Moor" and this one. It is really interesting and I think that there were a lot of thrills when you twisted the story up near the ending. The parts that surprised me most was when she went to see her Origin and she touched Asher, and he could see her clearly, when she touched Spera, but she acted as though nothing had happened, when she learned that Lucas had killed her father ...more
Kerri Cuevas
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything has a beginning, but for Tanzy, her origin is the end of it all. Jones weaves a fantastic fantasy story that follows Tanzy as she goes into her past to find her origin. I’m looking forward to the next installment of this series to see if Tanzy overcomes the scandals of the people she trusted. Moonlit was a clean YA read with a sweet romance between Tanzy and Lucas. The cover of Moonlit matches the beautiful writing within.
Aviva
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant! Stellar writing and an original, captivating story. I hope I don’t have to wait too long for the sequel.
Jody Phillips
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!! Couldn't put it down. It's adventurous, intriguing and so descriptive that you feel like you are right there.
Katherine Paschal
* Review can be found at https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/ *
Tanzy has a great life- it's her birthday, she is in her senior year of high school, and she gets to go spend the day riding her horse at the ranch her father manages. But when something odd happens out on the ride with her father and a rain storm starts, the worst scenario occurs and her father disappears, presumed dead. The event causes her mother to shut down and Tanzy to go down a dark, lonely path that leads nowhere with many u
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
This was such an amazing, intense read. And it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I honestly don’t know what I was expecting. But I was blown away. Jones did an great job with each chapter that exploded with twists and turns, with the world building that brought the story to life and with the intensity and energy that flowed from the pages.

In just a short time, Tanzy’s life is forever changed and only unravels into further chaos from there on out. She endures so much heartbreak and her trust i
Rachel
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The world inside a world.....

This is my very first book by Jadie Jones all I've to say is once you get started with this well written story you won't want to put it down. Tanzy is a very strong character in her own right. Her love for horses is uncany as is her love for her parents. She must learn the truth before everything changes in her world.
I would recommend this story to anyone who belives in magic and horses. I have not read anything close to this story so there is nothing to compare it
Mary Bernsen
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of working on this book while it was in edits and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it! Such a creative story-line with complex characters who are easy to get invested in.
Amber
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I loved the storyline and the characters. It was very well written and the descriptions we very well written out
Stephanie
Eighteen year old Tanzy is a horse expert with a hidden and painful past. While out for a ride one night in the woods, she and her horse are chased by mysterious dark creatures, perhaps the same ones that killed her father on a ride several years before. After a terrible fall during the chase, Tanzy miraculously survives, but with strange new visions of people and markings that no one else appears to see. When a new friend, Vanessa, takes her under her wing, Tanzy begins to uncover the meaning b ...more
Laura Thomas
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Horses, mysterious characters and fiendish creatures of the shadows! I had to read Moonlit.

Tanzy moved to Wildwood Farm when she was 8 years old. It’s like a dream come true for a young girl with a passion for all things horses.

She loved it, but now, ten years later, the place she calls home is a living hell.

It’s been a year since her father died. She’s watched her loving mother spiral downward, drowning in a bottle of vodka, and blaming her.

Today is Tanzy’s birthday. No big deal for her unt
Stacy
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The saying that 'You can't judge a book by its cover' never rang as true for me as it did with this book. While the cover is stunning, it made me think this was a book solely about horses. Since I'm not an avid horse-lover, initially I didn't think this was the book for me. But then I read the back cover and I was hooked. And after reading the story, the cover makes so much more sense to me. So I tell all of you nay-sayers (nay - get it?)READ.THIS.BOOK. Seriously, it made it to my 'favorites' sh ...more
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
The first half of Moonlit was incredibly slow. There's quite a bit of plot progression going on, but so little is explained in that first half that you aren't even aware that the plot is moving at all. Really. From the first half of the book, I could have sworn that this was the story of a girl who lost her father in a horse-riding accident, who is working to get past his death. And finds out she has magical powers.

And then you hit that halfway point, where Tanzy goes to see her Origin. And the
Ginny  Gallagher
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different and unique story line that’s full of twists and turns. Reads like a fantasy mystery.

Moonlit by Jadie Jones is a blending of genres that explores the themes of reincarnation, battle between good and evil, friendship, betrayal, and destiny. It is book one of the Moonlit Trilogy so it does have a continuing story line.

At the beginning of the story we join main character, Tanzy Hightower, as she arrives to work at Wildwood Farm.

Wildwood Farm is a symphony of motion. Boots and hooves march
Brittney
A friend recommended Moonlit to me and I was drawn in by the gorgeous horses on the cover. I'm not usually attracted to paranormal stories, but this one may have changed my mind! First of all, the prologue is the BEST prologue I have ever read...BEST!! It immediately sucked me in to the story and made me wonder what happened to these characters ... The main character, Tanzy, is immediately likable and I rooted for her through all the twists and turns of this story. And, let me tell you, there ar ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author Promotions...: Kindle Freebie: Moonlit Book #1 1 2 Jan 06, 2014 08:31AM

• A Wild and Unremarkable Thing
  • Stolen (The Stolen Series, #1)
  • Fractalistic
  • The Darkness Within (Soul Seekers #1)
  • Wandering in Wonderland (Book #1)
  • Nine While Nine
  • Hook & Crown
  • Dream Keeper (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Between the Sea and Stars (Lena, #1)
  • Lineage
  • Collateral Damage
  • To Dream Is To Die (The Dead Dreamer, #1)
  • Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault (Glass Vault, #1)
  • Of Light and Darkness (Of Light and Darkness #1)
  • A Shade of Mystery (A Shade of Vampire #87)
  • The Ganga Shift
  • She's Powerful Trouble
  • A Break of Seals (A Shade of Vampire #86)
Young-adult author. Equine professional. Southern gal. Especially fond of family, sunlight, and cookie dough.​​

I wrote my first book in seventh grade, filling one hundred and four pages of a black and white Mead notebook. Back then I lived for two things: horses and R.L. Stine books. Fast forward nearly twenty years, and I work with horses and hoard books like most women my age collect shoes. Its

Moonlit (2 books)
  • Windswept (The Hightower Trilogy Book 2)

News & Interviews