Start by marking “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 3

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 3

(The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess #3)

Link must defeat evil at every turn in his perilous quest to help Princess Zelda!

Once upon a time, wizards tried to conquer the Sacred Realm of Hyrule. The Spirits of Light sealed the wizards’ power within the Shadow Crystal and banished them to the Twilight Realm beyond the Mirror of Twilight. Now, an evil menace is trying to find Midna, Princess of the Twilight Realm, an
Published March 13th 2018 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 26th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend of Zelda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend of Zelda

Start your review of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 3
Khurram
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good continuation of the story, the pace of the book is a bit slow for my liking however it is a enjoyable book. the art work is good and detailed, I especially like the close up stuff. This volume is more about Link accepting his role as a chosen. Also Link is still learning skills, powers as well as finding allies. There is a rematch from the first volume. As much as I like the Manga art work I do find some of the fight scenes a bit hard to follow, I did have to keep looking back in case I m ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I've done it again, and blitzed 3 volumes of manga in one day, so I'm reviewing all three in one review here.

Full disclosure, I wasn't really looking forward to reading this. It's been a long time since I a) played Twilight Princess and b) read Zelda manga, so I wasn't expecting much, but this stuff? This stuff is good.

The other volumes of Zelda manga are all heavily truncated, having to squeeze most of the games into one tankobon (bar Ocarina of Time, my second favourite adaptation
Sarah Hyatt
Jan 02, 2020 rated it did not like it
HAHAHAHA I GUESS THIS IS HOW 2020 IS GOING TO GO, Y'ALL

My children made me read this despite me saying "fine, I'll check it out but you can just look at the pictures." I caved. I read badly translated, confusing comics backwards. I dramatized. I made all the sound effects LOUDLY and finally just settled for shouting, "SWORDFIGHTING! NOISES!" I read all the punctuation because half the dialogue in this book is just punctuation: ! ? !? I sang a lot of Frozen songs at moments that lent themselves t
Lila Diller
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm reading these aloud with my 14-yr-old who has been obsessed with Link for years! He binged these all 1-6 in two days, and then he insisted I read them, too. This is my son's favorite volume.

The art is amazing! Especially the full-page spreads. But even the smallest expressions are perfect, too! I love that it gets a little deeper into the characters -- especially Link -- than the video game did.
Thea (All About Books)
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
The next volume in the manga series that is inspired by the game. Great read if you are a fan of the game, or if you just know of the game and want to learn more.
Björk
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I realy like the point where the monster boss and link fights
kuristina- tabreez
Bradley
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Another installment and another thumbs up. It varies from the game. The most telltale variation is Link's interaction with the characters, story and audience. In the game it's a subtle bridge built by your actions. You, the player, are very much Link. Our silent, green hero leaves a lot to the imagination. It's beautiful.

In the manga the character is much more solid. You are no longer our hero and the character Akira Himekawa created is now the player. This is probably my biggest complaint. It m
Camryn Daytona
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Camryn DaytonaI talked about the authors and the game in my review of volume 1. If you'd like to get even more caught up, check out my review of Vol 2.

tl;dr This is a manga based on the popular Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess video game, which I have played. The Manga is written by two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano, under the name Akira Himekawa.
The Story
Picking up right where Vol 2 left off, Vol 3 continues the tale of Link, starting after his victory i
Eloise
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This volume of the story was really interesting for me. As someone who has played the game multiple times, I often wondered exactly what happened from both Ilia's point of view as well as the children of Ordon's. While we are given some explanation in the game, it was interesting to delve into other characters' perspectives, and also to see the development of relationships between characters.

I also particularly loved the artwork in this. The art style is really beautiful and some panels were re
Taylor Morris
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Doc
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On their way to Death Mountain as suggested by the spirit of light Faron, Link and Midna continue their quests together. In the meantime the Ordon village children are being escorted away from the only home they have ever known to protect them from the war inevitable between the villagers and the monsters that have upset their way of lives. New challenges, old adversaries, and new allies appear in this volume as our protagonists journey on.

If you like the game Twilight Princess why not pick up t
Maggie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this book a boy name Link is chosen by destinty to go and help Midna the twilight princess save her world and the world of light which is his home. But Link does not want to be the hero and has douts which may cause him to save everyone kidnapped by the evil forces. soon he notices that he can´t dout himseft and starts to find the people he loves.

What i will change about this book is that it is a series and is not book 1 chapter 1-9 then book 2 chapter 1-8. instead it is book 1 chapter 1-9
Yichen
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, series, fiction, ya, comic
Things that made me happy:

1) Mayor Bo and Shaman Renado are good friends
2) Beth brings all the Ordon kids together
3) Link cries as part of his healthy normal range of emotion
4) After Colin shields Beth from a moblin's attack, Talo also stands up for his friends by punching the moblin
5) Renado is even more badass
6) There is a meaningful connection between the golden wolf and Midna, which helps explain, probably, how she's so at ease astride wolfy Link
7) That reunion with Epona

The side characters
Adelaide Metzger
I really thought they were going to do something more with the pig goblin boss dude and explain a bit why he kept Iilia alive but didn’t care about killing Collin.

I still love how Link has a voice. He is his own character with a personality and it makes these mangas feel like a series in its own world rather than be based on a video game.

It makes me wonder though how much Honda and Nagano discuss what content to show in these mangas. Not only do they add blood to the battle violence there was a
H.S.J. Williams
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The hero is in Green! Say what you will, I’ve always loved Link’s classic attire and elfish pointed cap.

I really enjoyed this volume, from the sweet people of Kakariko village, to the totally epic fight with the mysterious Hero’s Shade, to the iconic battle on the bridge.

The series continues to remind it is meant for a mature audience as it includes a painful moment of a girl considering suicide rather than living with monsters, but she remembers in time that there are reasons to live in even t
Kameron Mitchell
May 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
I'm enjoying that this retelling is being displayed as even grittier then the games. I'm digging the graphic-ness, I think it lends itself to the story even more than what Nintendo could get away with in the game. It's a shame they couldn't/didn't make the game more graphic. Now I'm just waiting for number 4! ...more
Elyse
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it

Link & Midna are on their way to the Death Mountain. The kids from Ordon are being send to Kakariko Village for protection, but just like the rest of Hyrule, it falls to the twilight.

Once again, Link saves the day, and Epona is back!

Midna is a little bit less present in this one. It is more focus on Link accepting to become a hero if this mean saving his friend & Hyrule.
Delia
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
A great continuation to Link's story. This story surprised me more than the previous two. There are some parts of the story that are REALLY dark...like trigger warning dark. But! There's also a lot of warm fuzzy feelings. And a big shout out to the artwork on this one. Himekawa really brought out the intensity of the fight scenes with the illustrations. On to #4! ...more
Amy Noelle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Anniken Haga
This album had a lot of action, and I have to say that the art was rather unclear when trying to capture it. More often than not, it just looked like black on white doodles, and I didn't understand what was actually happening.

Link is so cute, though! And I'm really happy with Midna's storyline!
Wow
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads, manga
assuming that each Vol. has about 10 cha. , that means I'm 2 cha. short on finishing this vol.

I honestly don't know if the version I'm reading online is the same as this one .

But oh well , I think I will take a break for a while 'till all chapters are out !
So far I've read 28. Chapters
Catherine Fitzsimmons
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoying the additional character development, not just with Link but other characters as well. This is making me wish some of the other series (Ocarina of Time in particular) were longer as well.
Johnathan
Feb 23, 2020 rated it liked it
I am having a hard time getting through this series. I think my problem is that these are supposed to be lived not read. If I can keep finding them I will keep reading but I don't know if my difficulty with reading these will change. ...more
Tris Knox
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Trigger warning for suicidal themes*
The creators of this manga are really embracing the fact that this game was rated T for Teens with the more mature content. I’m enjoying it, but keep that in mind before picking these up.
Jared Suarez
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is this story?? XD but I dig it tho
Kali Cawthon-Freels
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it! I've been playing the video game for a while now, and I love the additional character development that happens for Link, Minda, and the other supporting characters. ...more
Rebecca
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
I love the art style of this Manga series. This is a fun, quick read.
Julianna Lytle
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book!
Sally
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These manga are my all-time favorite and the authors haven't lost their touch! ...more

• The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
  • The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 4 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 7 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — Creating a Champion
  • Yotsuba, Tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • ノラガミ 2 (Noragami: Stray God, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 9 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 02 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Koridwen (U4 #4)
  • Cells at Work!, Vol. 2
Akira Himekawa is the collaboration of two women, A. Honda and S. Nagano. Together they have created nine manga adventures featuring Link and the popular video game world of The Legend of Zelda, including Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Seasons and Four Swords. Their most recent work, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, was serialized in Shogaku Rokunensei.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (10 books)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 1
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 4
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 5
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 6
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Vol. 7
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 8 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 8] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #8)
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 9 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 9] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #9)
  • ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス 10 [Zelda no Densetsu: Twilight Princess 10] (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, #10)