Start by marking “The Wampus of Reeds Spring (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #2 & The New Templars)” as Want to Read:
The Wampus of Reeds Spring (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #2 & The New Templars)

The Wampus of Reeds Spring

(Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #2)

Your newest favorite monster hunter is back, and this time there are squids!

They are the first line of defense against the things that go bump in the night.

They are the keepers of a centuries-old legacy of The Church defending the world against the forces of darkness.

They are a bunch of highly armed rednecks, internet video celebrities, soccer moms, and assorted broken
Published July 15th 2017 by Falstaff Books

To ask other readers questions about The Wampus of Reeds Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wampus of Reeds Spring

Lisa
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this Author? Everything he writes is gold! I loved this book, I’m ready for another! Highly recommended read!
Debbie
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This new adventure of Mason Dixon and partner Emma has convinced me that Missouri is a land of mystery and not just another of the 50 states. They start out sighting a hinge-tailed bingbuffer, and wind up with not just the Wampus of the title, but a Whistling Wampus. The mystery of these stories is people live in harmony with these cryptids until something comes along to upset the balance. The beauty is that Eric Asher always has a hidden message of survival, family, and values, that extend beyo ...more
Marilyn Hunt custer
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just love Eric Asher's books. I love how the characters are developed and their interactions make them seem real and it doesn't matter that the characters are involved in something crazy. Monster hunting books are not my favorites but I enjoyed the both of the books of the Mason Dixon Monster hunting series. These are true novella, pretty short about 110 pages long. Mason Dixon and his partner Emma hunt monsters in Missouri for the Catholic Church. They only kill them if they have to. I do wis ...more
Danita Mitchell
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laurel and Hardy. Abbot and Costello. Mason and Emma?
In this second installment of Mason Dixon: Monster Hunter, our YouTube star, and his videographer. are tracking down yet another cryptid: the Wampus. Before the end of the first chapter, they are already losing expensive equipment. Danger, suspense, legendary beasts, and plenty of giggles (or outright belly laughs) are in store.
The first two books can be read as stand-alone, but tie in with each other. This will likely be the same with future
Donna
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the New Templars series is full of comedy, cryptids and madness - so much fun! But there's also a darker side in this one as people die, and animals are endangered. Can Mason and his team save them? As a novella it's the perfect length to read quickly to find out... And then read the rest of the books in the series!! I highly recommend this book (and series!) if you like silliness and daft creatures, or are just looking for something different to read. I loved it, and am off ...more
Erin Penn
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mason Dixon is back, and he is still hunting monsters with a camera and knock-out darts whenever possible. In the process, he gets his ATV stepped on by a bingduffer and his arm swallowed by a gally-wampus. He is so diligently earnest with multi-ton water-mammals and big cats with razor claws, you just want to bundle him up in his endangered-species-protection-centric world and hug him.

He brings new meaning to tree-hugging eco-warrior: hugging on the tree and hoping not to fall out on top of th
Clair Martin
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series. Reading about Mason, his sidekick Emma, the random people they encounter, and the creatures he hears about or films is fun and crazy.

In this episode of Cryptid Hunter, Mason and Emma get to see some Wampus of different variety, some old cryptid friends from the previous episode, a creature he never thought he would see again, and eat pizza.

The scenes flow together well, every character introduced has a purpose, and everything seems to end with an all-is-well-tha
Bethany
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was even better than the first Mason Dixon book. I found myself playing a game with myself and trying to figure out what these creatures looked like before they were described. I love the fun overtones of the book, but there is a darker undertone that peeks through regarding Mason's friend. I like these little peeks that it's not all fun and games and irreverence. Very much looking to the next novella in this series. This is different than Eric's other books, but I appreciate that. I volunt ...more
Wendy Schindler
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I Love The Mason Dixon Series!!

I love the fact that Mason and company try so hard to conserve and save the "monsters" as opposed to going out and blindly killing anything that moves. And the names they come up with! Crack me up!
The detail on the locations and mechanical workings are very impressive as well!
Tim Shepard
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good one.

Another good book in the Mason Dixon series. I wasn't as impressed with this one as I was the first book. Still, this book continued to developed the characters and world he has created here. Even better this book brings in a new enemy or friend for later book.
Kat
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gowrows, gally wampuses and hinge tailed bing buffers, oh, my!!!! Once again, Mason Dixon and his smart ass side kick, Emma, are out to save humans from things that whistle in the night. Fun read and great characters!!! Lovin' this series!!!
Kelly Erickson
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOWZA! Snarky characters. Colorful property owners. A boulder tossing monster. And kitties. Big BIG killer kitties. What's not to love about this book that alternates suspense with humor perfectly?
Ryan
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love these short stories

Eric is a wonderfully engaging author and his ability to weave regional legend into new story is unparalleled. Can't wait for the next in the series.
Amy Bellino
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Mason Dixon adventures are quickly becoming one of my favorite series. This second installment has been another nail biting adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat through the entire story. Clear a block of time when you pick up this book because you will not want to put it down once you begin. Whether you love kitties or cryptids, you’ll enjoy meeting the monsters of Mason’s world and the witty banter between Emma and Mason when they encounter them. Such as my favorite line in the sto ...more
Andrew Miller
stephanie
Feb 09, 2019
Steven
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mason Dixon and his trusty videographer, Emma, are back on the hunt for a variety of cryptids in rural Missouri.  As always, the hunt runs from the ridiculous to the treacherous, growing even more so when a cryptid begins killing pipeline workers.

With an engaging premise, interesting characters, and balanced plot, the novella is the perfect summer read for a day around the pool or at the beach.  Light in tone, it is both interesting and .  I am definitely looking for the continuation of the seri
Jennie
Jan 23, 2018
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter (2 books)
  • Monster Hunter (Mason Dixon, Monster Hunter #1; The New Templars)