Start by marking “Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)

Songs About Us

(Songs About a Girl #2)

Heartbreak, romance, fame and pop music - for anyone who's ever dreamed of saying 'I'm with the band'. From a Zoella Book Club friend.

Two months on from the explosive finale to book one, Charlie's life is almost back to normal again: rebuilding her relationship with her father, hanging out with best mate Melissa, and worrying about GCSEs. All the while, Gabe's revelation

Published July 13th 2017 by Hodder Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Songs About Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Songs About Us

Kate (GirlReading)
I didn’t expect to enjoy this series as much as I am but boy oh boy is it entertaining. I’m ridiculously invested in these characters and all their drama and that cliffhanger of an ending was more than cruel. I’m super excited to see what happens in the finale to this trilogy. Yes the writing is simple and yet plot is pretty far fetched but it’s the perfect, fun, easy read and I’m 100% here for it.
Sophie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uk-author
*4.5 stars*

What the f. WHAT THE ACTUAL F.

There are cruel cliffhangers, and then there's that...
Reuben Thomas
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I finished Songs About a Girl last year, I couldn’t wait to see where Charlie’s story would go, so I was unbelievably happy to get my hands on Songs About Us and delve back into the world of Fire&Lights and Caversham High. It’s no secret that I’m a big Chris Russell fan and, having just finished his second novel, that fact is just getting more and more true. As I’ve said before, Chris has an uncanny understanding of teenage girls and writes so perfectly for YA that it’s hard to believe ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess

Review to come.
Kirsty
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this as much as the previous book in the series. I loved getting to know Charlie and the boys again. It drew me in as much as the previous book and made my inner boyband fan very happy indeed.

I loved seeing ho the story developed further a Charlie got dragged back into the world of fire and lights and didn't want it to end.

This book, like the first, has another killer cliff hanger. I do not know how I am going to be able to wait for book 3.
Katie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris Russell is a monster.

A devious, wonderful, sublime, monster.

Immediately following the explosive ending of this book I had to pace around my house, text my friends in ALL CAPS about the current state of my emotions, and generally flail about uselessly while wishing it was this time next year so I could see how this saga will end.

Now, I will try to be calm (no promises).

Set just a few months after the ending of Songs About a Girl, Charlie Bloom is finally getting her life back on track.
Lucinda Tomlinson
Charlie Bloom is trying to get her life back on track without Fire & Lights, and worry about normal teenage things. The band soon find their way back into her life, but things aren't as they appear to the outside world. The band are coming apart at the seams, and the mystery that links her and Gabriel seems destined to stay that way. For Charlie, it's a balancing act once again, and the plates are almost certain to come crashing down.

What a Feeling, I'm so sure that only three books is goin
Chloe⛅
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I went through so many emotions reading this book. I read it within a few hours because I just couldn't stop and I really need book three already.

This series has made me so happy. My friend introduced me to Songs About A Girl and I have never been so thankful for a book recommendation. At a point where I've felt alone and just generally been feeling awful about myself, Songs About A Girl and now Songs About Us have been a huge comfort for me and I absolutely love them.

I found myself yelling at C
Janay Brazier
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book in this trilogy, which I only read at the beginning of this year but I couldn't wait for the second. It didn't disappoint and now I'm waiting (not so patiently) for the third book. It's just a fun, easy read that I thoroughly enjoyed. The idea is great and I love that there's more to it than just being in love with the band.
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
This series is so fun I think I liked Songs About Us even more than the first book!
Holly Sparks
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GIDDY AUNT!! How can this book leave me with such an EVIL cliffhanger....I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for the third book now...
Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa
Oh Charlie <3 bring on the 3rd book!!
Yolanda Sfetsos
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves music & is young at heart
Earlier this year I read a fantastic book called SONGS ABOUT A GIRL. I loved it SO MUCH that it consumed my every waking moment until I reached the explosive end. So when this book came out I couldn't wait to read it. Yet, at the same time, I kept finding excuses to put it off because I couldn't bring myself to get started... because I knew it would be over way too soon.

This week, I decided it was time to stop teasing myself and just take the plunge.

A few months have gone by since Charlie's life
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
This book is incredibly hard to review without spoiling any of it for you, as these are the most suspenseful YA contemporaries I`ve ever read. I had found a few parts of the 1st book, Songs About a Girl, slightly slow paced, but I was absolutely gripped throughout this book, and the ending has made me desperate to get my hands on Songs About a Boy next year. This continues the story of Charlie, who is given the opportunity to take photos for the world`s biggest boyband Fire and Lights, and is al ...more
Debra
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Vero
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely continuation of the first book that didn't have that awkward sequel feeling to it at all. Aaaah I need part 3!!!!!!
Emma
"Well butter my face and call me crumpet!" - that is what I think of Songs About a Girl series. If you familiar that saying you'll know it comes from the bonkers, gorgeous and hilarious Melissa, Charlie's best friend. This is one rockin' series and I loved it!

Songs About a Girl starts off with Charlie, a girl that likes to be invisible and loves to do photography, she never dreamed that the most popular band in the world, Fire and Lights would put her in the spotlight. Olly, one of the band memb
Andrew
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Just hits four stars. An addictive read like SONGS ABOUT A GIRL, but not 100% certain I like the dark route the book is going down (though I get why...). Need to have think about feelings & get back to you on that one!

EDIT - Review Taken From The Pewter Wolf

It's two months after the events of Songs About A Girl and Charlie is trying to get normal back into her life. She's rebuilding a relationship with her father, try and hang out with her best friend and worry about GCSEs.

But soon, she is
Lisa Bentley
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, it was always my dream to say I’m with the band. It never happened for me sadly but I got to live that dream vicariously through the awesome YA fictional story of Charlie Bloom.

Songs About a Girl is the story of Charlie Bloom and how she is fast-tracked to the world of fame – something that she didn’t expect or actually want. Charlie is asked to take photographs for TV talent show winning band Fire&Lights and whilst taking the photographs she finds herself becoming the proverbial Yoko On
Off The Page Book Reviews
Having read and loved the first book, “Songs About a Girl”, I was needless to say rather excited when this book came in the post.

It starts with an immediately gripping first chapter as Charlie, the main character, reminisces on her time with the band “Fire & Lights” from book 1. She then receives a text from one of the band members and the action of the book begins.

This book is extremely well written. I was hooked from the start. After being on holiday for the past month and reading 5 differ
Megan
2.5 stars.

Not as enjoyable as first book - the drama levels are getting quite ridiculous as well as the 'every-single-teenage-boy-finding-charlie-hot' thing. Gabriel is not dark and mysterious with his frequent violent outbursts (seriously - NOT attractive at ALL) and secrets, and his and Charlie's relationship is pretty toxic, when all she's doing every time is continuously running after him and making excuses for his behaviour. Olly was and will always be a much better choice and that whole "
Fall-Out-Book-Nerd
I dont know how I'm properly going to put into words how much I absolutely love this series. I started reading this book the moment I bought it because I was just so excited to see what happens next and it definitely didnt disappoint. And now the long wait for the third book begins.

Like the first book this one is full of funny and heartwarming friendships between Charlie and Mellissa, and Charlie and the band. However there were also a lot more serious moments throughout the book as more of the
Michelle
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*mini review*

Charlie is home and life is back to normal, whilst Fire & Lights are touring. The issues with Gabriel are still unresolved, as well as the unanswered questions especially about their past.
However things aren't perfect for the band, and the members are facing their own demons with a lot of altercations.
I really enjoyed getting to see Charlie in school, and how being with Fire & Lights affected her. I loved getting to go back stage again, getting up close and personal with bot
Toni Harness
Maybe I'm too old for this book and that's why it just didn't click for me the way it clearly did for other people on here.

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad book. I'm quite a harsh rater with the stars so even though I've only given it two that in no way means it's a bad book. I just think it was stretched out because the plot could have been condensed down but to make the book longer I think the author went a bit all over the place with it.

It's a shame because the potential is there. The char
Olivia Noack
-I think there was a time jump between book 1&2 and either I missed it or it wasn't explained well but then Charlie was saying that she hadn't seen the boys in several months and it was confusing. I just realized that it said in the book description that it has been two months, but without reading that, it was difficult to figure out how much time had passed
-It isn't that I don't like Olly, it's just that I prefer Charlie with Gabriel. Also I hate love triangles so I'm not keen on Olly and G
Eve beinguniquebooks
Ollie is in his band Fire&Light on tour whilst Charlie is back home and worrying as well as studying for her exams.

She hangs out with her best friend Melissa who she talks to and trusts with her worries as well as Gabe and Ollie issues too. From finding out about her mum and Gabe's parents, to repairing her relationship with her dad whilst getting close to Ollie, sparks fly from all sorts of drama's sparking reactions amongst the teens.

A story with passion and life on stage in main focus of
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Heavy on the drama, light on the music scene setting - which is a shame, because the backstage to the music scene is the big draw to these stories for me. I do like how Russell humanises his characters and gives his stars relatable problems (apart from Gabriel, who's developing backstory seems too much at times), and how this book is wonderfully YA, with CDs considered old and the question of how do you seach for a fandom that died out before the age of the Internet. Also: I spotted a Dresden Do ...more
Chloe Pope
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHHHHHH this book!!!!!!!!

I've just finished this book in one sitting, the exact same thing that happened with the first one and it has left me desperate for the third (and final :'( ) book in the series. While this book wasn't as gripping as the first one (and maybe that's because the first book was so unexpectedly good and also its building up for all the drama to come out at the end of the book) it was still amazing and I flew through the book.

Prepare for Chris Russell to tear your heart out
Caron
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved it. I devoured this one in one afternoon and now have the long wait for book 3.

My feelings towards certain characters haven't changed (still don't like Gabe, I still think Olly is all kinds of adorable and I think Aiden should be protected at all costs), if anything, 'Songs About Us' has just heightened my feelings towards these characters.

Lara
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the next instalment to this Chris Russell trilogy. The cliffhangers are cruel! How am I meant to wait for the next book!! Pre-ordering it now. I went through the whole book internally screaming at Fire&Lights for being so stupid! Love Charlie as a character and also adore Gabriel. The feud between Olly and Gabe though annoyed me... in a good way!
Pumped! 2 6 Mar 11, 2017 04:19AM
When I was thirteen, my best friend and I went to a Bon Jovi concert at Wembley Stadium. We thought it looked like fun, so we started our own band - a band that, ten years later, would become The Lightyears. Since then, we've been lucky enough to tour all over the world, from Cape Town to South Korea, playing at Glastonbury Festival and O2 Arena and supporting members of legendary rock bands such ...more

Songs About a Girl (3 books)
  • Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl, #1)
  • Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl, #3)