Start by marking “The Next Generation” as Want to Read:
The Next Generation

The Next Generation (Conversion #4)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  767 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Fitting in can be hard for anyone. But for Julian and Nika Adams, it's especially challenging. Born as partial vampires, a rare offshoot of pureblood vampires, the twins have had to deceive people their entire lives—distancing themselves from their peers.

Nika desperately wants a hero, a soulmate, someone she can trust with every fiber of her soul—someone as amazing as her
Published September 28th 2017 by S.C. Stephens

To ask other readers questions about The Next Generation, please sign up.
Debbie http://authorscstephens.com/books/

Not currently available. May be published in the future. Per the author's website :)

Sylvie
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must for any fan of the first trilogy and people who like the "ten years later" kind of stuff. Not only do we get to revisit beloved characters but we get to know the twins that are now almost adult in another great story packed with humor, anticipation, angst and unexpected cool twists. This book made me want a whole new trilogy centered around Nick and Julie. Love it.
Janie
I am absolutely loving this series. This book is a spin-off of the first 3 and could be read as a standalone but I would discourage anyone from doing that. You get so much world building in the first 3 plus you come to know and love all of the secondary characters in this one. I can’t wait for this author to release the next book in this series.
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Does anyone know when the whole book comes out??????
Courtney
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How I was unaware that S.C. wrote a paranormal series before now, is a little upsetting to me. I love paranormal reads and I love S.C. so I am little baffled that I am just now finding this out. This may be the fourth book in her Conversion series, but it's also a spinoff off the first three books. I can attest that you don't need to read those books to read this one; however, I would recommend reading them if you can before reading this so you understand the whole background on the family and h ...more
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Fangs

The Conversion Series was a 5 Heart read for me. It's a refreshing twist on the vampire myth. According to the author, you can be just a little bit vampire. The first 3 books highlight Teren and Emma and their family. This book jumps ahead in time and focuses on their twins, Julian and Nika.

I am always all over these "epilogue" type stories. We get to catch up on the characters we grew to love in the first series. This really could be a 5 heart read. However, for me, all that teenage a
Nancy
I love the world that S.C. Stephens has created.

I've read the conversion books and really enjoyed them. It's interesting to read a story from the twins perspective.

I loved Teren and Emma, and I always wondered what would happen to their kids once they grew up. I wasn't disappointed. This book follows Nika and Julian with alternating points of views. Them growing up, going about their day, dealing with the everyday problems, all while trying to keep a low profile. To remain safe.

This book has
Tasha
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I finally got the full story..... Let me start with OMFG. Come on was I the only who was suspicious of Hunter.... I mean really? the name was a dead give away I mean if you were a Hunter and had a son Hunter might be a non-suspicious name but it was a dead ringer for me. And were they really going to do that to Ben?! OMG but the biggest Surprise of all was..... haha read it yourself online at the link below, btw the link was given to me as a friend with a note that the author would not be put ...more
Kasie Sullivan
Oh I really loved the conversion series, so I was excited when I realised there was another story from the twins pov yay!! And i Was lucky enough that some one sent me this book which I was ecstatic about, as i don't think I could have waited another year to read it! can't wait to see what happens next with hunter and Nika!! Pleasessss Hurry up 2014!!
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting to read this book for a long time. Heck, is number 715 on my TBR list and it had been 5 years since I read the third book in the series. Now my body and mind are ready for the next three books in the Conversion series or just the kid's trilogy as I like to call it. The story is being told from Jullian and Nika's point of view, so we get to see what is happening in the lives of both children. Nika and Julian are very close and they practically do everything together, but not i ...more
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Overall plot - ok - feels left open/unfinished so maybe there will be additional follow on books
Characters - great, new characters added
Characters secrets revealed
writing style - not sure i like this being told from mainly Julian's point of view

I would like to see follow on books and would defiantly read them. The material is there, the continued family saga, the aging of the twins, their conversion, Hunter's story... lots to work with - so I can only hope there will be more books

Aaliyah Hunt
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really want to read this book but i cant find a place to find it. Where can i buy this book??? please i would like to know ASAP!!
Natshane
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
SC Stephens has a vampire series?! *inserts mindblown emoji*

What an undiscovered gem! As expected of SC Stephen, her writing was flawlessly addicting as she walked us through the line between fantasy and reality through the eyes of Nika and Julian, a pair of vampire twins who are trying to find their place in the world. Although I haven't read the rest of the Conversion series, The Next Generation can be read as a standalone.

I loved every aspect of the story, it brought on a sense of nostalgia
HeatherP
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I know this is the 4th book in the series and I have not read the other ones but this one was so so for me. I really like paranormal books and I'm glad I did check this one out but it felt not done to me. There was a few plot holes and things dropped and the ending was off. Over all it's an enjoyable book and probably more for ones that have read the series. If you like paranormal go ahead and check this out.

ARC in exchange for honest review
Gloria Elena
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I wanted to slap Nika for being a teenager. I understand that she was being a teenager in love, but man, when the guy you love s trying to hunt your family, girl, give up and run. Like said, she was being a foolish teenager in love!
Great read. Can't wait to read the future books in the series!
Amanda Croley
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teren and Emma's twins from Conversion Nika and Julian are the main characters in this spinoff series. The Next Generation rotates POV between the twins. They are 16 years old now, and both are dealing with normal teenager problems, as well as problems related to being from a vampire family. It seemed like it ended kind of abruptly, but I still enjoyed it.

****Spoilers****
Julian is head over heels in love with Racquel who seems interested, but is still in an unhealthy relationship she refuses to
Melissa
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my days, what a book....!!!! In the last 4 days I have successfully read all 4 of the conversion books and wow what a unexpected ending... I do so hope that it will have another story as it seemed that it was left open.... I would like to see Julian and arriana's story... Also hopefully nika and hunters story... Please s.c Stephens pretty please... Lets see more to the ADAMS family!!!!!!!
Rebecca
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I’m new to SC Stephens’ Conversion series, its premise and the fact that the story is told through alternating perspectives of not just teen siblings but twins whose bond allows them to feel each other’s emotions as they go through everything that comes with being a teenager and a ‘little bit’ vampire, I knew I needed to introduce myself to this paranormal series and see how Nika and Julian Adams cope with growing up and co-existing with humans when half of their nature wants them to ...more
Loraine Oliver
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adult, Fans of Vampires, paranormal romance
Conversion 4 is the story of Emma and Teren's twins Julian and Nika Adams. This book was really good and I highly suggest you read the three that come before it-The Conversion Series, as it gives the background and introduces the characters in the series. This is like a spin off but it is still part of the series and you will be glad you read the series first.

In this book Nika and Julian are in high school and sixteen years old. Not only do they have the usual problems that all kids have in high
Rachael
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I am an avid reader of S.C. Stephens, I have to admit I have not read anything in this series. I didn’t even know it was a series when I saw her coming out with a new book. I was excited about the blurb and just a new book of hers, and immediately jumped at this one. While I admit it did take me a small time to get my bearings since I hadn’t read the first 3 books in this series, I did enjoy the book. It was a fun and adventurous read. I have read a total of 2 vampire series books in my li ...more
Elle
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Next Generation was the first book of S.C. Stephens that I had read. I wasn't sure what I was going into which was nice since there was that element of surprise. That being said once I was into the book I realized it was part of a series and even though it can be read as a stand alone I recommend reading the series from the beginning since the family dynamic is a bit confusing.

I feel conflicted with this story and had I read the previous books I might feel better about what I read.  The stor
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
I have waited years for this book, and I promise you, it was so worth the wait. The conversion series is one of my all time favorite book series, I've read them all over and over. So to say I was excited about the Next Generation is an understatement. There may have been embarrassing squeals when it arrived on my kindle. S.C. Stephens did not disappoint in giving us Nika and Julian's book!

Teren and Emma's twins, Nika and Julian, are now sixteen and going through all the teenage high school drama
Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
I've been waiting for what feels like foreeeeever for the continuation of the Conversion series. After all, Teren is my favorite fictional vampire so I couldn't wait to see him as a dad.

The twins, Nika and Julian, are teens in this book and I'd definitely say it's appropriate for YA readers. The caveat is that you will get more understanding of the series and background if you read the first three Conversion books and those are not so teen friendly!

The story is told from Julian and Nika's POV a
The Pink Bookshelf
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arc, reviews, young-adult

S.C. Stephens has done it again! This is the spin-off from her Conversion series; it’s told from Nika and Julian’s point of view. I love having multiple pov’s in a story. I really enjoyed their twin connection.

The writing is seamless. The characters really come to life and pop. I was so into the story, they felt real. It’s been awhile since I was able to enjoy a story that much. Thank you for that Ms. Stephens.

Even though this is a story about vampires, they are different than other teen vampi
Lauren R.
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O M G!

Soooo, we finally get some of those secrets revealed in this book that I have been wanting.

Vampires, suspense, surprises that left me speechless and of course romance with a spectacular twist!

I have enjoyed this series from book 1 and Author SC Stephens did not disappoint.

This book is in dual point of views of twins Nika and Julian who are now teenagers which of course brings on the teen years of finding one's identity that is full of emotions and discovery.
I laughed, swooned of course and
Melissa Parnell
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I kind of went about this backwards as I have not read the first books in the series. Yes. Yes. I know. However, I was not lost in this story. I absolutely loved it and will definitely be going back to read the rest.

I thought the storyline was so original and refreshing. It was definitely an interesting take on this genre. I am so excited there will be more written. I can't wait to see where S.C. is going to go with this story.

I really enjoyed the characters. I thought they were well d
Kimberly
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I signed on to read this I had no idea it was part of a series, that was my fault and I should have looked. I read the blurb and was like, wow sign me on to read this bad boy. I can honestly say, I am so glad I read this. of course now I have to go back and read the others.LOL I did feel a little off not knowing the back story off all of the characters that shape this book, however, the author did a fantastic job and filling you in, if like me, you dive in, in the 4th book versus the first. ...more
Diksha Dikshu
The conversion series is an amazing paranormal read for me! A unique twist to vampire myth. The author shows that you can be a "little bit" vampire. This book is a spin-off of the first 3. Its a standalone but i would recommend to read other three before jumping to this. First three books tell you about the basic plot and characters. The spin off is about twins Julian and Nika. Recommend to every who like to read about what happens next with children and stuff
Jardine Clark
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Brilliant absoutley enjoyed reading Nika and Julians story's and reading about the trouble they go through being half vampire and human and what effects it has on there friendships and relationships. Can't wait for the next chapter in the conversion series hopefully not as long to wait.
Stephanie
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's so good to see Stephens continue with this series. I love Nika and Julian's stories as they become teenagers. The bond that they share and how it effects their lives is so creative. I can't wait for the next book in January!

Note, I did receive an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Amy
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nika and Julian almost grown up. Dealing with being a mixed breed of vampire and being teenagers. Julian fall for the wrong girl and doesn’t realize his perfect mate could be right in formation of him. Nika falls for Hunter and his name definitely has a deeper meaning. Same family different problems for the new generation.
  • Defending Her Honor (Honor #5)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Flawed (Connections, #5)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Lilliane (The Waite Family #4)
  • Inevitable
  • Before the Dreams (The Dream, #2)
  • Igniting Lies (Burning, #1)
  • Untitled (Hollywood Hearts, #3)
  • Bo (Blood Like Poison, #4)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • My Heart and Soul (The Holy Trinity, #3)
  • Blood Lies (Alexandra Jones, #3)
  • Veiled
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us, #2)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Remember Me (Shattered, #3)
  • Binge (The Seven Deadly, #6)
S.C. Stephens is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who enjoys spending every free moment she has creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance.

Her debut novel, Thoughtless, an angst-filled love triangle charged with insurmountable passion and the unforgettable Kellan Kyle, took the literary world by storm. Amazed and surprised by the response to the release of
More about S.C. Stephens

Conversion (6 books)
  • Conversion (Conversion, #1)
  • Bloodlines (Conversion, #2)
  • 'Til Death (Conversion, #3)
  • The Beast Within (Conversion, #5)
  • Family is Forever (Conversion, #6)
“The Headlights lit the path we were traveling down, but only so far. After that, the world was dark and empty, full of possibility and uncertainty...much like the paths of our own lives.” 4 likes