Start by marking “Rogue Affair (Rogue #2)” as Want to Read:
Rogue Affair (Rogue #2)

Rogue Affair

(Rogue #2)

When all else fails, find passion...

Ten all-new resistance romances for readers who take their happily ever afters with love, hate, and all the dirty bits in between.

Dedication of a Lifetime by Tamsen Parker
School counselor Sean wants to fix the world. No social justice slouch himself, Sean's chemist husband Isaiah is exhausted. Their world crumbling, their marriage in tro
ebook
Published November 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Affair

Start your review of Rogue Affair (Rogue #2)
Briar's Reviews
Dedication of a Lifetime by Tamsen Parker

I'm torn - I don't know how to feel about this story. I enjoyed it, but at the same time I was hoping for a little bit...more? Let me explain - I have many points!

1. I love Tamsen Parker and her writing style - she matches with me so well. So writing style wise, I really enjoyed this story. It is smooth and flows easily, which made it easy to read. She gets point for that.

2. But...I felt like there wasn't much of a plot. It felt more like a discussion, a
Maria Rose
Rogue Affair is an engaging and sexy collection of novellas from ten different romance authors that takes the theme of resistance, a topical one in today’s political climate, and finds ways to show the resilience of the human spirit, while finding new love or rekindling old flames along the way. The stories are m/f and LGBTQ pairings, with characters from all walks of life. They range in heat level from warm to hot!! (extra exclamations for some of them), and each one is a snapshot into the dive ...more
Jess
**I'm not sure how much of this I'm going to read, so it's probably going to hang out on my currently reading shelf for awhile. I'll add individual reviews as I go.**

On the whole, I think this was pretty average. There was a lot more variety, but the same problems of wanting to be super close to the moment and then sticking fake names on it were there. I don't know how to get around it, but it's really jarring and it almost never works for me when the authors try it.

I am mostly just glad to have
Kaetrin
Oct 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
pre-order from Amazon.
Pelusa Rivera
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to authors for my voluntary review..This anthology has something for everyone and is a collections of short stories. We have Adriana Anders, which you can never go wrong with. We Ainsley Booth, and if you do not know, it is time to get introduced. We have many others, and to completely honest, I had not read some of the others before, so this is a great way to learn more about them and their style of writing, I have now added some more names to my "to be read" list.
Diana
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mixed Bag

I’m not sure what to make of this anthology of The Resistance. It mostly missed the mark for being too sincere and optimistic. As I write this in January 2018, we’re still a long way from from fixing our damaged government. A lot of the writing struck me as naive, stiff, and preachy. Maybe it’s too raw for now. I really didn’t enjoy it and reading for pleasure and escape is where I want to be for now. Reading it made me feel sad and edgy; kind of like reading twitter.
Brandy Painter
Like in Rogue Desire, the stories in this anthology are diverse. Again, there were a couple I didn't read for reasons involving my own comfort level with descriptiveness. The rating is for the stories I did read. I thoroughly enjoyed all the ones I did. My absolute favorite of those was Emma Barry's story, which is unsurprising as I love everything she writes. But this story is about a journalists and I happened to be married to a journalist. The number of times the hero's professional thoughts ...more
The_Book_Queen
Overall anthology rating: 3 1/2 Stars!

Some I really enjoyed, some I liked okay, a couple were more skim than read. Another great anthology, and I love the diverse stories being shared. Steam levels were also all over the place.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I will be talking about the book on my next Whatcha Reading? podcast, which is now up on TBQ's Book Palace [Saturday (11/11) episode].

If you wish to look at some quotes/thoughts I highlighted, please check out my Twitter feed
Sunny
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm always floored by the Adriana Andrews creativity. She has a unique perspective in her unusual storylines. How do you take a story about a homeless man pushing a wheelchair up a mountain and make it into a romance? Aren't you intrigued already? The story is told with great dignity and respect and honors our military personnel who come back wounded from their service. Beautiful and poignant.
Sherry
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Personal Proposal by Ainsley Booth - This was a first for me, a f/f romance, but I'm an Ainsley Booth fan and always enjoy her books so I was willing to give this one a try. This was a fast, hot, enjoyable read with great characters, humor, fun and I loved the ending. Astrid and Brianne were great together and made you want more of their story.
Michelle
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Review for Such Great Heights by Adriana Anders**

I'm usually a bit torn on how I feel about anthologies. On one hand, I get several stories by what are usually some of my favorite authors all in one place, usually with a common theme. On the other hand, the stories are usually much shorter than I'd like, which leaves me wanting.... more.

This was no exception. Adriana Anders is my new auto-buy author. Everything I've read by her has been exceptional. I love her writing style, I love the unique
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dedication of a Lifetime by Tamsen Parker
Love Isaiah and Sean. While I don’t live in the US anymore, I have many friends and family there and the political and social situations are frustrating to say the least.
I felt deeply for each and every aspect voiced in this story, and while sexy and sweet, the heartache I got from it were almost too much. I guess that’s what happens when the romance isn’t honey and roses but REAL.
5 stars

Personal Proposal by Ainsley Booth
I was soooo pleasantly surprised
Katherine
    Dedication of a Lifetime by Tamsen Parker
Ok. The tension and stress was too much for me, with too much time spent in the main characters heads.

Personal Proposal by Ainsley Booth
Alt Park heroine. Sweet love story between Astrid and Breanne.

Work of Heart by Olivia Dade
A thinly veiled story with a Trump-like president and the artist who paints his portrait. I really enjoyed reading Jenny and David’s love story. So much passion for their cause, and willing to make sacrifices.

JadeSarah.
As of now I've just read two of the stories in this book, so going to round it off to an average of 4 Stars.

Dedication of a lifetime by Tamsen Parker - 3.5 Stars.

This was my first time reading something by this author and I liked it. I really liked both MC's, probably Isaiah that little bit more. Really enjoyed reading about what they both done for their work.

“So Sean reached for the mass and breadth of his lover’s shoulders, digging fingertips into the wings of his shoulder blades and try
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Anthologies are great to find new authors and get something new from favorite authors. There's both for me in this anthology. A collection of stories with political themes and situations, aka resistance romances, Rogue Affair is a second volume of contemporary romance stories with rich diversity.

I'm going to review two stories from Rogue Affair. Tamsen Parker's Dedication of a Lifetime is a quiet story that captures perfectly those times in a long term relationship when you're just not seeing ey
Becky
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for Ainsley Booth's Personal Proposal. I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Brianne's leaving Colorado, and Marcus Dane's protection. She's leaving her boyfriend too, but that doesn't seem to bother her as much as the end of her time with the National Park Service. Of course, it had to come to an end once it was revealed that she was alt-NPS on twitter. Fortunately, Marcus has gotten her a job working for his cousin Astrid who's a photographer based
Cat C
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Political romance anthology

You can probably tell this from the book descriptions, but just to reiterate, this is an anthology of political, extremely liberal romances with thinly veiled references to US politics post 2016. So, you know, definitely not for everyone.

However, I read these anthologies not so much for the politics but for the huge array of diversity and intersectionality they represent, and new authors to discover. I honestly find the political part boring because I've seen all of th
Caro
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for two of the stories I read.

‘Such Great Heights’ by Adriana Anders

We have Kurt and O'Neal meeting again after knowing each other (kinda) back in HS. She’s a reporter who is always in search of a story and he has a great one, but after spending some time together, she realizes that a story is the least of her concerns when it comes to Kurt.

Great chemistry between these two.

Since this is an anthology, these stories are rather short, and in this case I’d love to read more of these chara
Ira
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Okay, different authors, different styles, so I didn't like every story as much as the others but on the whole I really enjoyed reading this collection.
Many of the stories are not only about love in all its variations but they do also show the impact that bigotry, intolerance, hate, and racism have on peoples' lives. And they show that peoples' lives matter, no matter where they come from or whether they are white, black or - whatever.
These stories show the love of many different couples for e
Gladys
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rogue Affair (Rogue , #2) is a great collection of short reads. Providing a range of romance stories that feature a variety of couples including M/F, F/F and M/M. Entertaining and engaging Rogue Affair is for anyone looking for quick reads and fans of romance.
SUCH GREAT HEIGHTS by Adriana Anders is a very fun and sexy read. Kurt and O'Neal are so hot together. The chemistry they share just sizzles. A entertaining plot about former schoolmates that were from different cliques and are reunited yea
Mary Dean
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of collections. I love it when authors get together to create a book with short stories. This was a great one! It features "resistance romance" stories. This was the first time I had actually heard of this genre. I am a fan! Each one of these stories had me intrigued, involved, surprised and wanting more! I loved that they were all different. Each author had their own writing style. I originally read this book because I am a fan of author Adrian Anders. Her story was great (who do ...more
Pippa D
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a set of novellas by different authors. The genre is steamy romance, but each one has it's own flavour. I thought most of the stories were clever and well written, and I really liked the variety and characters. Many of the main characters were LGBT, and even the hetero characters had elements of the queer about them. It made it a much more interesting book for me to read.

It isn't going to suit everyone; the stories are principally romances, and some have explicit sex scenes, but all have
Nancy Wege
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great collection of books! A little bit of something for everyone! I enjoyed each and every book, and wished most of them went on a few more chapters, because I wanted more story. The different story lines and author styles worked well together, even though the books are not at all continuous. You know how you move from one book to another, and sometimes it’s a little jarring to switch gears? Yeah, you don’t have that with this book.

I especially liked Personal Proposal (Ainsley Booth) an
Alicia
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Something I read recently of historical romances pointed out that it gives the author a chance to right some of the wrongs of history - even most of your basic bodice-rippers give women a voice and agency that they didn't have until recently (and still don't always today).

So this anthology is particularly interesting in the light of the tearful and fearful frustration that many of us are feeling about the current political climate. If you like your smut with a dose of liberal activism, it's gre
Christina
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
So grateful to have received a copy of this to review! I don't normally read a lot of romantic fiction, but I'm reassessing my stance on that. I had such a blast reading this anthology. There really is a story in here for every taste, heat and flavor. The writing was terrific, I was thoroughly engaged in each of the stories. I think it takes a lot to make you invested in characters in a short story, but these authors managed to pull it off. I would really struggle to pick my favorite short story ...more
Pat
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An anthology of ten different authors which is a great way to find authors that you haven't heard about yet!

"Such Great Heights" by Adriana Anders

Great storyline and character development pulled me right into the story from the very beginning and kept me totally enthralled until the very end!

I look forward to reading the rest of the stories in this anthology!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Laila Viking
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is for Personal Proposal by Ainsley Booth.
This was a first for me, a f/f romance. I'm an Ainsley Booth fan and always enjoy her books so I gave this one a try. This was a fast, hot, enjoyable read with great well described and nicely developed characters. It has humor, fun and I liked the ending. Astrid and Brianne were a nice couple.

**I am voluntarily reviewing an Advanced Readers Copy of this book**
Amanda
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of stories from some spectacular authors, I especially loved Ainsley Booths story, Personal Proposal, it was my first ever F/F read and what a story to start out with! Such a beautiful story.
Terri
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice collection of stories that represent current political affairs and culture. Several new-t0-me authors included, several of which I will begin following. Purchased mostly because one of my favorite authors had a story included... Ainsley Booth wrote Personal Proposal, which I really enjoyed.
Liz
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As good as the first one

Another great installment in the Rogue Hearts anthology series. I’m a fan of many of these authors, and putting them together in 1 volume with a Resistance theme is reading perfection.

• Don't Make a Sound (Sawyer Brooks #1)
  • Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?
  • Jacked - The Complete Series Box Set
  • Good Thing Bad Thing (50 Reasons, #3)
  • The Chai Factor
  • Never Been Ready (Ready, #2)
  • Priest
  • The Job (New York City Bad Boys)
  • Player Brothers Box Set
  • Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1)
  • My Dearest Billionaire Romance Series Box Set
  • I Never Left
  • Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Reborn Yesterday (Phenomenal Fate, #1)
  • Knocked Up by the Master
  • Intermediate Thermodynamics (Chemistry Lessons, #2)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter here to fin

Rogue (7 books)
  • Rogue Desire (Rogue, #1)
  • Rogue Acts (Rogue, #3)
  • Rogue Hearts (Rogue, #4)
  • Rogue Passion (Rogue, #5)
  • Rogue Nights (Rogue, #6)
  • Rogue Ever After (Rogue, #7)

News & Interviews

“Everyone’s toes were just weird. Toes were why shoes had been invented.” 3 likes