Start by marking “The Lost Future of Pepperharrow (The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Future of Pepperharrow (The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, #2)

The Lost Future of Pepperharrow

(The Watchmaker of Filigree Street #2)

1888. Five years after they met in The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, Thaniel Steepleton, an unassuming translator, and Keita Mori, the watchmaker who remembers the future, are traveling to Japan. Thaniel has received an unexpected posting to the British legation in Tokyo, and Mori has business that is taking him to Yokohama.

Thaniel's brief is odd: the legation staff have
Expected publication: March 5th 2020 by Bloomsbury Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Future of Pepperharrow, please sign up.
Andover Library Yes you should. Not only is it a great book you'll find Pepperharrow easier to get into and more meaningful if you do.…moreYes you should. Not only is it a great book you'll find Pepperharrow easier to get into and more meaningful if you do. (less)
Michael Mccoy Goodreads now says publication is expected to be March 5, 2020. Don't you hate waiting? :-)

Start your review of The Lost Future of Pepperharrow (The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, #2)
Catherine
Jul 13, 2017 marked it as to-read
MOTHERFUCKING YES Y'ALL
Mary Robinette Kowal
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gave-away, recommend
Dear God, I loved this book. I read it in ARC. Go pre-order it now and just trust me.

It's a sequel to The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, which I also loved, but I think you can read it as a standalone.

Look, the voice in this is so strong. Each character feels vividly real. I love what she does with... a lot. But in particular, I love her handling of Six. This little girl is so clearly loved by her adopted fathers as she is. She's also, to a modern eye, clearly autistic but they don't have the
lottie
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PULLEY HIVE RISE
Auribelle
Nov 10, 2017 marked it as remember
Shelves: wait-for-it
Thank Neptune, Katsu is back <3 Don't think I was ever so devastated over the 'death' of any fictional character... ever.
Oh, excited about the rest of the book, too ;)
Katie Lumsden
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolute triumph. Natasha Pulley has done it again. Magnetic, clever, atmospheric and moving, this is a truly wonderful novel, and a worthy sequel to The Watchmaker of Filigree Street!
˗ˏˋ eg ˎˊ˗
Jul 13, 2017 marked it as to-be-released
THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan
Aug 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Hmmmmmmm I see the blurb has been tweaked, Thaniel and Mori have not been no homo'd so blatantly now!

Like, why shy away from from the queer elements? The audience for this sequel is obviously going to be coming from the first book... where we all saw they became a couple? It's 2019, come on.

Review March 2018:
I've been hyped for this book for two years, but the publishers kind of killed it themselves when the blurb said Keita Mori was Thaniel's 'closest friend'.

Hello?? Closest friend???
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(view
July 2019-
Yes: A cover! :)
No: The release date has been moved to 5 months later. :(

Nov 2018-
I don't think I can explain how much I need this. Mori and Thaniel in Japan, meeting Mori's family who are just like, "You left our influential family, became a watchmaker, and sail to England for him?", and Thaniel pretending he isn't fluent in Japanese. Yeah, I need this.
Lauren James
[Gifted]
Plotted as intricately as clockwork, this weaves together historical political warfare with electromagnetic science research and magical clairvoyance. The characters are what really makes this sing, though: secretive, morally grey Mori, insecure and devastated Nathaniel and their adopted daugher Six, who is obsessed with electrics, and has autism. I love them all, and would happily read a whole series of their adventures.
Meep
Mar 29, 2019 marked it as preordered
Unclear when this book is due but the blurb contains the magic word - KATSU
Obviously I NEED to read this ;)
Rhian Pritchard
I forgot how much I love the way Natasha writes, especially because our customers tend to be so Marmite about it. I understand why it doesn't work for some readers but I fall hard on the 'oh fuck I love what this does to me' side. It's full of detail and winding, to the point where about a hundred pages in I was getting to the 'okay Thaniel's just whining now, and while it's justified, it's still just whining' and then I had a Rebecca moment because DUH I should have trusted Natasha but I'm very ...more
Connie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mori, Thaniel and adopted daughter Six, travel to Tokyo Japan where the staff at the British Legation are seeing ghosts, and Thaniel's task is to find out what's going on. Strange electric storms manifest and Mori disappears - Mori has a gift and there are some who will stop at nothing to use it. This is a magical historical fiction with a thread of fantasy running through it. It's a follow up to The Watchmaker of Filigree Street and I feel like I've waited forever for this but it was definitely ...more
Moog
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually rate books, but oh my GOD. My wife got an arc of this and I'm so glad because it has almost made my year.
Stephanie
Nov 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
The synopsis! I'm yelling!
Marisa
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review forthcoming with World Literature Today. Right now, just gonna say that I and everyone in this book really Went Through It but I just gotta learn to trust Pulley. She hasn't let me down so far.
Jen 3_Piets
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another book on my highly anticipated list of “waiting to be published in 2018” books. Mori and Thaniel comprised my favourite read of 2017. What will this bring?!
Andover Library
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’d been looking forwards to reading this book since I learn’t it was coming and I certainly wasn’t disappointed.

The Lost Future of Pepperharrow is the follow up novel to the wonderful Watchmaker of Filigree Street. If you havn’t read that book yet (and you should because its great) you will need to before diving in to this one.

Although you could probably follow the story without doing so, you would have missed everything that led Thaniel, Mori and Six to where they are at the start of
C.L. Williams
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of Natasha Pulley's writing and I was so thrilled when I received an ARC copy of this book from the publishers. It promises a phenomenal journey into Victorian-era London to a haunted, steampunk version of nineteenth-century Tokyo.

It is also the sequel to The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, which I also read and loved.

It follows the story of Thaniel Steepleton to a posting in Tokyo. His brief is a strange one, the staff at the British Legation have been seeing ghosts and he is
gwendalyn _books_
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highly anticipated book can’t wait to read this it’s on the top of my TBR List!,
Alpacapanache
I completely forgot this was coming since I added it SEPT 2017, but here we are in 2020 and my pre-order will be here IN A FREAKIN MONTH YOU GUYS.
Anya Artekis
Jan 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
Gimme gimme more. Gimme moaare gimme moarre
e ll a ✨
Jul 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
WE HAVE A COVER
Thesincouch
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Connie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abi Walton
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this beautiful novel

More to come closer to pub date but what a wonderful heartbreakingly beautiful novel that is a wonderful sequel to The Watchmaker of Filigree Street and I have already pre-ordered my hardback copy
Alona
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow wow wow. So good. Dare I claim this is better than Watchmaker, which I LOVED?

KATSU!!!!
Nicole Jarvis
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bloomsbury, lgbt, sff
This book is exactly what I wanted from another Thaniel and Mori book from Natasha. The characters new and old bring endless surprises and delights, and the landscape brings so much magic to the story. I cried twice, and am already planning to reread soon.
Melissa Cheresnick

• The Water Dancer
  • The Deep
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • Les délices de Tokyo
  • Shatterglass (The Circle Opens, #4)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Güney Afrika - Alternatif Bir Gezi Rehberi
  • Book Love
  • 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World
  • Frostheart
  • Miss Marley: The Untold Story of Jacob Marley’s Sister
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Lie
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Festive Spirits: Three Christmas Stories
Natasha Pulley is a British author, best known for her debut novel, The Watchmaker of Filigree Street , which won a Betty Trask Award.

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street (2 books)
  • The Watchmaker of Filigree Street (The Watchmaker of Filigree Street, #1)