Start by marking “El silencio bajo el agua (Los elementos, #3)” as Want to Read:
El silencio bajo el agua (Los elementos, #3)

El silencio bajo el agua (Elements #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  14,003 Ratings  ·  2,124 Reviews
Maggie perdió la voz al presenciar cómo un hombre ahogaba a una mujer en un lago. Tenía solo diez años, y necesitó mucho tiempo y la ayuda de su mejor amigo, Brooks, para superarlo. Brooks y Maggie se enamoraron y en la adolescencia empezaron una relación. Años más tarde, es Maggie quien debe ayudar a Brooks a recuperarse de un accidente en un barco: es la única capaz de a ...more
344 pages
Published September 20th 2017 by Principal de los Libros (first published September 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about El silencio bajo el agua, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El silencio bajo el agua

Christy
 photo DE154678-5BB8-46E8-AF55-C3F3EEFA84DA_zpsheg8lghz.png
“The world keeps spinning because your heartbeats exist.”
No one can write a book quite like Brittainy C. Cherry. Her stories are moving. Her story-telling abilities are off the charts amazing and her books are always epic for me. Whenever I start a new book by her, I just know it will be exceptionally good. The Silent Waters is my 5th book by Brittainy, and I have to say- I think it’s my favorite one so far. That is a HUGE deal because she has written some of my favorite books ever. When you
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

description

'The Silent Waters' is another wonderfully written story by Brittainy C. Cherry that I totally fell in love with. This author never ceases to amaze me with her amount of talent she possesses, with her amazing storytelling or with her unforgettable love stories that always are so unforgettable. This third book in the series was emotional, powerful, though-provoking, intense and like the other stories I’ve read by this author it made me feel so much.

"The world keeps spinning because your heartb
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

I've now read several of Brittainy C. Cherry's books and she never ceases to amaze me with how emotional and heartfelt her stories are. I know that when I pick up one of her books I am going to be a mess before it is over. She breaks my heart into tiny pieces and then slowly puts me back together from the wreckage. It's a very love/hate relationship that I have with her work.

'The Silent Waters' was no exception. I fell in love with the chara
Brittainy Cherry
Apr 19, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
~*~Official Blurb for The Silent Waters~*~

Moments.

Our lives are a collection of moments. Some utterly painful and full of yesterday's hurts. Some beautifully hopeful and full of tomorrow's promise.

I’ve had many moments in my lifetime, moments that changed me, challenged me. Moments that scared me and engulfed me. However, the biggest ones—the most heartbreaking and breathtaking ones—all included him.

I was eight-years-old when I lost my voice. A piece of me was stolen away, and the only person wh
*****FIVE+++++++++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}
(BR with Mel and Dee)

In that moment, I knew she had been right about everything all along. She was right about me, and her, and us. She’d be the one girl I’d love until forever. No matter how life tried to change us.”

photo 8bd2b9afb1cd0601166fd6f4e7c58a0b_zps5cgmwvcd.jpg

Just reading that one of so many quotes I loved in this book, gave me the chills. THE SILENT WATERS is nothing short of a MASTERPIECE. If you’ve ever read anything by Brittainy C Cherry, then you are already awar
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
2.5 STARS

I’m not going to lie.

I feel terrible...

First of all, I would like to point out three things:

1. Brittainy C. Cherry is my favorite author. I’ve read all of her books and I loved them all. Well, all except this one.

2. I still believe Brittainy C. Cherry is one of the most talented contemporary romance authors.

3. Since I bought and read this book, I feel kind of entitled to express my personal feelings freely and openly.

This book started off beautifully and I loved every second of i
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

♫Audible listened to for a re-read 11/30/17♫

4.5 Stars
This book quickly became my favorite by Brittainy C. Cherry and I just want to forget all about reading it so that I can read it again and experience it all as if it's the first time. It's definitely the kind of book that will stick with me for years to come.

Brittainy wrote this story in such a way that it was as if she was speaking directly to me and telling me this beautifully heartbreaking story. This book was
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

It's been a while since I have been moved by a book as much as this one, I spent a good portion of my Saturday night crying, and the emotions that I felt whilst reading The Silent Waters were very intense and real.

Such a beautiful story of two childhood friends who love each other deeply, but where the timing is never quite right, and the circumstances of their lives keep them from achieving true happiness.

"I need you to know that even if you decide to never speak again, you’
Mo
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am crying tears alright but not for the reasons you might think. Tears 'cos I spent all day reading this book and it did nothing for me. Nada! The only good thing about the book for me was the cover.
Saw all the five star reviews yesterday and decided to one-click.

Not going to say anything more. Don't want to spoil it for anyone and if I went on a rant, I probably would.

ARCs? I dunno! I'm wary of them and I will be in future, unless it is from an author that I am truly sure of.

It felt clichéd
Hulya Kara Yuksel
"Do you promise me the same type of love I’ve read about in my books?
He shook his head, yawning. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer as I became engulfed by his warmth.
“No, Maggie May. I promise you so much more.”

*swoooooon* Brooks Tyler, I'm deeply, madly, irrevocably in love with you. I know you're not real but still a girl can dream huh? <3

What can I say more? Well, actually I'm speechless right now. This book literally took my breath away. I LOVED it so much. :)

Please do yours
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

”I loved how he could see me when the rest of the world forgot I existed.”

description

Brittainy C. Cherry delivers yet another novel that will tug at your emotions the entire read. With her unique and endearing sense of humor, truly unforgettable quotes, and heart racing plot, this book made for a good great read. The heroine and hero are introduced as young children and their banter was fabulous!

”Maggie May makes me sick. The thought of her gives me nightmares.”

“You say that because you love
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Silent Waters
Series: Elements #3
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Release date: September 22, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

There are very few times throughout the year I can say that I have a book hangover, and that's what this book has me nursing right now. I have a pile of ARCs to start reading, and I just can't move past this hauntingly beautiful story. These characters are truly a feast for every starving reader out there. They satisfy that craving for a book
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE http://amzn.to/2cFxajI

5 BEAUTIFUL stars

"There's this magnetic pull of friendship between us, Maggie May.You're my magnet."

Brittainy has once again proved how talented and brilliant an author she is!The Silent Waters was an original, intense, emotional, beautiful and heartbreaking story. The characters were so well developed that I loved all of them.They felt realistic, they weren't perfect but who is? Even we aren't perfect!

description

Maggie was so sweet and nice, I really loved her and Brooke immedi
Dee Montoya
One Million Beautiful Stars****************

(ARC kindly provided by author)
(BR with my lovelies, Patty and Mel)

Brittainy C. Cherry wrote a book that spoke to my heart; every word consumed me, pained me, and enlighten me. The beauty and power of this novel felt unprecedented to me. An encouraging story that will forever stay engraved in my heart.

photo 638A27B7-847F-4E4B-BE67-0F3EBB8C8E73_zpskn4zlmwr.jpg

Maggie May was a girl that was always happy. She fell in love with a boy who gave her light, when she was scared of the darkness. When she was ten year
Ninoska Goris
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Español – English

De los libros de Brittainy C. Cherry que he leído el que menos me ha gustado.

Por partes es una buena historia, por otras es poco creíble.

Maggie May es una niña encantadora. Cuando tiene seis años su padre se vuelve a casar con una mujer extraordinaria con dos hijos de edades similares, Calvin y Cheryl con quienes encuentra una familia. Desde que conoce a Brooks, el mejor amigo de Calvin, y a pesar de que son niños se enamora perdidamente de el y cuando tiene diez años decide q
Bibi
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers*

Unintentionally, I fell into The Gravity of Us (a brilliant book, btw) and with the warm fuzzies still swirling in my heart, I sought out other books by BC.

The Silent Waters came up with glowing reviews, so, I hopped onto the train. Part one was too funny for words with both protagonists, Maggie and Brooks, meeting and engaging with each other as very young kids. Too cute.

The book takes a dark turn when Maggie witnesses and endures a terrible tragedy. A tragedy which impacted, for 18
Viri
¡AL FIN! Lo prometido es deuda, una review más COHERENTE y OBJETIVA ya está en el blog jajaja

Aunque si quieres arriesgarte a leer la cursilería de aquí abajo eres bienvenid@ dicen que a veces mis reseñas son chistosas jajaja pero esta es más sentimental...

06 DE OCTUBRE DE 2016 – VEINTITRÉS AÑOS DE EDAD.
Una nota de la chica con el corazón roto, pero con ilusiones nuevas
Por: Viri Villarreal.

A ti que me lees o piensas hacerlo,
Pasé mucho tiempo pensando y de
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

*****5 Stars*****

“The world keeps spinning because your heartbeat exists.”

description

What a beautiful and moving story. I honestly can’t remember the last story I read which moved me in such a powerful way. “The Silent Waters” was inspiring, touching, heartbreaking and filled with a deep and profound love. “The Silent Waters” is the third instalment to the “Elements” series, but can be read as a standalone. I have loved all of Brittainy C. Cherry’s books that I have read. They always have the ability to
Beverly
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-favorites
O.M.G. This book. The Silent Waters has owned my heart since the moment I read the first word. Cherry’s writing is so poetic and uniquely beautiful, I find myself getting lost in her stories.

The Silent Waters is the story of Brooks and Maggie and believe me when I tell you their story is one of epic love, my favorite thing. Maggie and Brooks meet when they are five. Maggie’s father marries Katie and Brooks is her son’s best friend. They actually meet on the day Maggie arrives there with her dad
warhawke
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who need the feels
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 from Elements series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Maggie May Riley was a precocious young girl. Her happy and bubbly personality captured the hearts of people around her. But a traumatic experience took away her voice and locked her up in her personal prison and forever changed the course of her life and her loved ones.

Brooks Tyler Griffin was the boy that captured Maggie's innocent young heart. He went from incredibly annoyed to utterly smitt
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

RELEASE DATE: 23rd, September 2016

MY RATING: 4 STARS

BUDDY READ WITH -❥Chatterbooks book blog ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

THE SILENT WATERS: Even though it states that this is part of a series it can be read as a complete standalone. Spoken in Dual Perspectives Brooks & Maggie May

In the 'Prologue' we meet young Maggie, in the year 2004 at six years old, her little family which
Jeannine Allison
First things first, I'm OBSESSED with these quotes <3 Normally I save this for later, but these are some of my favorite words ever!! :)
"The world keeps spinning because your heartbeats exist."
What if I wasn't broken? What if this was just me?
"Not all broken things need to be fixed. Sometimes they just need to be loved. It would be a shame if only people who were whole were deserving of love."
Her heartbeats were made for me, and mine for hers.
Sometimes I wondered if there was anything
Wil Loves Books!

This book was simply amazing. Every time I read a Brittainy Cherry book, I fall more and more in love with her writing. She doesn’t just tell you a story, she takes you on an amazing journey. These characters, they’re so raw and real, and so amazingly developed, you can’t help but fall in love with them. Brittainy is a one-click author for me
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is a tough one to rate for me. I did think it was one of those stories that you truly feel like these characters were soulmates-- which is what I really look for! I liked both characters, and I felt for their struggles and traumas. And I cried! That also tells me I connected at least on some level to the story! So that's all good...

I just had some issues with the reality of it at times. (view spoiler)
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Fair warning. This review is probably going to suck because there’s nothing I can say that will adequately convey the way The Silent Waters affected me. I admit I was hesitant to read it. I wasn’t sure I was emotionally prepared for a book whose synopsis clearly states that it’s heartbreaking and tragic. However, I have absolutely no regrets about reading this book other than the fact that I’m now left with a massive book hangover.
“The world keeps spinning because your heartbeats exist.”
Eve
Linda Kage
I finished! And survived. This is going to be one of my favorite books ever! So beautiful. And that author's note... Wow. No wonder why Maggie May felt so relatable to me. Kinds of makes me love Brittainy Cherry even more now. And really made me want to just contact my friends and hug them.

For some reason, I find this story comparable to Sweet Gum Tree, even though they don't really have much in common. I guess the way the characters started up young together and had to go through their tragedi
Paige
Oh. My. WOW.

My heart was bursting so full of emotions at one point, that I had to stop reading and just feel.

The Silent Waters is the story of Maggie and Brooks. They've known each other since they were just young children. They grew up best friends, each other's confidants and seemingly on course for more. But one moment changed the course of Maggie's, and therefore Brooks', life. Yet steadfast support over the years and these two have a relationship that never wavers even if it changes forms
Ramona
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: terribly-sad
" Love didn't come with guidelines. It flowed into a person with only hope as its current. There wasn't a list of rules to follow, making sure you cared for it correctly. It didn't give you instructions to keep it pure. It simply showed up quietly, praying you wouldn't let it slip away"

This book was heartbreaking. I was overwhelmed from the very beginning, but my excitement to read The Silent Waters was stronger, so I pushed myself although I don't like sad books.
This is the story of Maggie a
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5+ thunderstorms and sunlight HEARTS!! <3
description

The Silent Waters is an absolutely breath-taking story, penned raw, heart-aching emotions threatening to drown us in their verisimilitude, but the underlying love story woven from the fragile threads of friendship into a stunning tapestry of true love keeping us afloat as its phantom fingers point to hope and a happy ending.

True love meant you could laugh at mistakes.
True love meant you could whisper secrets.
True love meant you never had to
FMABookReviews
❝I'll be your anchor. I'll help you stay grounded when you feel like you're drifting away.❞

With the 3rd book in The Elements Series, Brittainy C. Cherry immerses her readers in so much thought provoking angsty-goodness, that tears are sure to flow, while hearts and minds are being opened.

Hands down a favorite of the year, I read this in one sitting. Ignoring all things that needed to be tended to, I dove head first into the characters and story that Cherry created, and didn't come up for air
Young Adult Conte...: Silent Waters by Brittainy C. Cherry - Starting May 21, 2017 16 13 May 27, 2017 01:09PM
Turning Pages At ...: The Silent Waters (Elements #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry 47 29 Nov 06, 2016 08:48PM
Release Blitz 1 22 Aug 19, 2016 10:30PM
  • After Tomorrow (One Day Soon, #1.5)
  • Wild Heart (Viper's Heart, #2)
  • Across the Ring
  • Porter (Lovibond, #3)
  • Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1)
  • Three Rules
  • Acting Out (Shattered Hearts, #8)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Dream Cuts
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Indefinite
  • Jacob's Ladder: Gabe (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
  • Echo the Stars
  • Twenty to Life
  • Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)
  • Against the Grain (Against, #2)
  • Mr. Popular

Elements (4 books)
  • The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)
  • The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2)
  • The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“The world keeps spinning because you heartbeats exist” 68 likes
“Not all broken things need to be fixed. Sometimes they just need to be loved. It would be a shame if only people who were whole were deserving of love.” “Brooks.” 59 likes