Start by marking “Dalton” as Want to Read:

Dalton

Disguised as a vet as a favor to a friend, this musician has a lot to learn about life on a ranch, and living with a cocky cowboy!

Everything in Hazel's perfect life is going according to plan. Every moment is accounted for. But she's in for a surprise. When her best friend and roommate takes ill, Jenny begs Hazel to fill in for her on a trip to South Georgia. But life on
Published July 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dalton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dalton

Start your review of Dalton
Coco.V
Mar 09, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/9/2020)! 🎁
B. D. Mann
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the second book in the Cowboys and Debutants series, this clean romance is a stand-alone story. Having read the first book in the series, I found only incidental references in this book to the content of book one. However, I recommend reading this and following books in the series in sequence because primary characters in this book are title characters in the books that follow.

I loved the chemistry between Dalton and Hazel. I also appreciated the contrast in the relationship Dalton has with h
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A delightful and engaging romance!

Dalton is a delightful and well-written story that speaks of letting things go that hold you back and about finding your way to what you are passionate about. The story line is fresh and moves along at a steady pace while being engaging, captivating and attention grabbing. This story hooked me from the very start and I could not put it down. The characters are easy to connect with and well developed. Vivi Holt knows how to create a story with enough romance and
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dalton ( Cowboys and Debutantes ) Contemporary - Book 2 )
By: Vivi Holt
Dalton is book two in Cowboys and Debutantes series.I really loved this story. Holt just keeps getting better and better. Holt did not disappoint. The characters were so real that I felt like I was right there with them. I loved the two main characters Hazel and Dalton. Hazel thinks that her life is going just fine till her room mate gets sick and ask her to fill in for her on a job she was to go on. She was suppose to go to a
Paula Dyches
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
What's better the a Cowboy Romance? A clean Cowboy romance! I have to admit that when I first started listening I wasn't sure that I was going to like the narrator, but he grew on me quickly and in the end I wouldn't have wanted anyone one else to narrate it. Anyone who likes a clean romance with a modern cowboy theme will enjoy this one.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Aleida Vale
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindel
Dalton

This was a cute short story but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to see who the other two boys end up with.
Kathy Heare Watts
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, I'M IN REAL TROUBLE

The second book in the contemporary Cowboys and Debutantes series will read as a standalone, and these books will read ok out of order. When Grandpa Joe passed away, he had many upstart businesses in various states. He will leave these to various grandchildren, but in the will had a codicil of stipulations. The grandchild or grandchildren must work that business for one full year and make it succeed, or it would revert to Nana Dixie.

Dalton Williams has spen
Reggie
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hazel is a 3rd chair violinist with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, With the concert season on break, Hazel is ready to visit her judgemental parents when her room mate and bff, Jenny, has to have her appendix removed. Jen begs Hazel to take her place accompanying a mare to the stud farm...after all, it's really just baby sitting a horse and no vet skills needed. Easy peasy...
Ex-rodeo rider, Dalton, has just inherited his late grandfather's farm, however, there is a codicil that requires him to
Beverly Laude
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, audio, 2019
This boxed set follows the story of three brothers, Dalton, Eamon and Parker. Each one has his own book, but they are all intertwined. Although none of the characters are looking for love, things have a way of happening at Cotton Tree Ranch.

This is a wonderful sweet romance written by Vivi Holt. Just as expected, there are some bumps along the way as the couples try to find their way to be together, but the happily ever after ending that Ms. Holt's readers have come to expect is here. Ms. Holt h
Patty
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When your best friend needs your help, you do what you can to get things done! Hazel is taking a horse to Dalton's ranch for her best friend who just had surgery. Posing as a vet, Hazel does her best but keeps the truth from Dalton. As their romance blossoms and the sparks fly, things become complicated. Vivi Holt engages us in a romance that is sweet but not uncomplicated! She creates her well developed characters with intricate back stories and has their pasts and passions come forth in her st ...more
Cindy Cooke
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great sweet romance

Vivian Holt is a master when it comes to writing romance. Doesn't seem to matter what or where or even when the books occur, she does an excellent job of pulling the reader right into the story. This book is no exception. Staged in southern Georgia on a broken down horse ranch, the characters reach right out to grab your attention. Dalton, eldest of three brothers and recuperating from a rodeo accident, inherits the ranch from his grandfather. He begins to believe he might jus
Sharon
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part of a Series: bk2
Setting: Southern Georgia
Hero: Dalton- Just inherited an old horse ranch- perfect timing after his rodeo injury that ended his rodeo career.
Heroine: Hazel- A 3rd chair violinist in the Atlanta Symphony. Not exactly happy with her career but has trouble understanding why.
Characterization: 5* - strong- felt connected.
plot/storyline: 4.5.* - sweet and loving
Ending- A good HEA: 5* - Beautiful, Sometimes love takes time no need to rush.
How much I enjoyed it: 5* - I liked how hi
Betty Johnson
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hazel thinks she has the perfect life, until one day her room mate who has just had an emergency appendectomy, asks her to do a favor. You see Jen is a vet and is supposed to accompany a horse down to Dalton's ranch to be bred by his stallion, It would be just a day or two.

Hazel agrees to do it, so she meets the driver dressed in heels and a business skirt. She rides down with him and manages to ruin her heels with mud opening the gate to put the horse in the paddock.

It turns out instead of a da
Elissa
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Expectations

The oldest brother inherits the family horse ranch and decides to make a go of it but life gets complicated when Hazel shows up. Except she's supposed to be Jen. Tornados, love triangles and the rigors of running a ranch and restoring the rundown property keep the narrative flowing in this modern-day cowboy story. Making things really yummy, I got to listen (audio!) to Dawson McBride's smooth, rich, gravelly voice caressing the words. Of course you want to read (or, better yet
Holly Lenz
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dalton is a sweet, clean, contemporary Western romance between a cowboy and a big city violinist. The situation is a little silly and the speed at which things progress and characters adapt stretches believability a little, but overall it is a pleasant book to read or listen to.

The narrator of the audio book is a bit gruff for my taste, and he doesn't do female voices, but he's a good storyteller, and I got use to his voice.
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Love cowboys (have my own), rodeo, ranching and romance. The storyline is cute, but I have a problem with some of the colloquialisms. Or maybe it's I'm from Oklahoma and the Southwestern United States and the hero's from the south.....Or the authors from Australia. There's sweet romance, humor, angst, and no sex whatsoever. And no cussing. Recommend if that's what you like.
Barbara
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dalton is an injured bronc rider who inherits a rundown ranch from his grandfather and wants to turn it into working ranch with cattle and horse stock. What does a classical violinist have to do with a ranch in southern Georgia? As a favor to a friend, pretends to be a vet. In the very competitive world of classical orchestras, she's only made to third chair. Good read. First book about three brothers.
Linda Rutland
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Violinist and a bronco riding cowboy?

This was a good story and very unique. But it was full of typos and misplaced words in sentences. I read a lot of ARCs and expect to find errors in them. Published books should be better quality. I've read other books by this author and this book is not her normal standard.
InD'tale Magazine
A light contemporary romance, “Dalton” is the second book in the Cowboys and Debutantes series but can act as a stand-alone tale.

Read full review in the 2018 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Barbara
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice

This was a nice, clean story about two people finding each other and finding what makes them happy career-wise. I don’t think Jen needed to lie at the beginning. I think she could have explained the situation to her boss and still let Hazel accompany the horse, without risking her job.
Janet Graham
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars
Warm and Wonderful Romance
This is the beginning of a new series based on an old theme. City girl meets country boy makes for a fun and funny combination. This author always writes a quality story. There is a great plot with believable characters and a touch of faith mixed in. This is a sweet and clean romance. I bought this book and this is my honest review.
Sandra Whittiker
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dalton (Cowboys and Debutantes: Contemporary Book 2)

Hazel was by no means a get or anywhere close, but she would do anything for her roommate who was a vet. So I guess, when she needs someone to lose as her for a couple of days, who better to do it than her very best, bestie, Hazel. Great book!
Kathryn
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet, clean romance! Two people have their plans change by circumstances and end up at the Cotton Tree Ranch. One as a new livelihood and the other to help a friend. The ranch changes their life dreams. Will it be a permanent detour?
Cynthia
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrific

This was another great story in the series. Dalton gets injured and won't be doing the rodeo circuit anymore, he inherits a run down horse ranch. Hazel has been playing the violin forever, but her roommate get sick and she fills in for her. What comes next is interesting.
Kathy
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He was a Rodeo champion

A accident ended his career in the Rodeo. He inherited a ranch in South Georgia. She did a favor for her roommate pretending to be her is how they met. Great story how their romance worked out.
Karen J Baker
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The rancher and the musician.

Dalton inherits his grandfather's ranch. Hazel takes her friend, Jen's, place as a vet accompanying a mare to Dalton's ranch. It's not long before Dalton figures out that Hazel is not a vet. What is she up to?
Grace Randol
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Read

This is a really good read. It made me fall in love with Dalton and Hazel while they fell in love with each other. I could not have asked for a better clean, sweet story.
Ashley Hedden
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dalton: Cowboys and Debutantes Book Two by Vivi Holt was a great read. Hazel is acting as a vet as a favor to her friend. She meets Dalton when he takes over the family farm that his grandfather passed down to him. I loved reading Hazel and Dalton's story.
Anita Rohn
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great

Wonderful story starts with a little deceit to cover for friends and turns into life changing goals and plans. Very well done
Tracey Kern
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good story

While not as good as the first in this series, this was a good read. It was a little slow in the beginning but an overall good story.

• Jake (Cowboys and Debutantes Contemporary, #1)
  • Kissing Santa at Steeple Ridge: A Buttars Brothers Novel (Steeple Ridge Romance, #3)
  • Effie (Cowboys and Debutantes, #1)
  • Sparks & Embers: A Romance (Tanner Family Book 7)
  • The Lawman's Apache Moon
  • Blind Date with a Blue-Collar Billionaire (Blind Date Disasters, #1)
  • Finding Mercy (Return to Welcome, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Beast: A Hammond Brothers Novel (Christmas at Whiskey Mountain Lodge Book 4)
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Professor (Blind Date Disasters, #2)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • Cowboys Never Marry Their Best Friend: A Johnson Brothers Novel (Chestnut Ranch Cowboy Billionaire Romance Book 1)
  • Her Last First Kiss (Last Chance Ranch Romance #1)
  • The Billionaire Love Match (The Billionaire Surprise Book 1)
  • Charmed by the Cowboy (Cowboys of Ransom Creek #3)
  • Lost & Found (Tanner Family Book 6)
  • Bundle of Love (Long Valley, #4)
  • Before the Leap (Gold Valley Romance, #1)
  • Just As I Am (Unfailing Love Book 1)
Vivi Holt writes inspirational romance. Of her books, readers say:

"The plot kept me enthralled and the pages turning"
"I cried and laughed"
"What an awesome ending. Can't wait for more!!"

Vivi lives in beautiful Brisbane, Australia with her husband and three young children. Growing up on a farm she learned to love the country life and now she writes about it in her books. History has always fascinate