Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 11” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 11

My Hero Academia, Vol. 11

(My Hero Academia #11)

Midoriya inherits the superpower of the world’s greatest hero, but greatness won’t come easy.

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what wo
Published February 6th 2018 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 4th 2016)

Artemy
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Such a weird volume. The first half was the fight between All Might and All For One, and it was kinda meh. I don't think Horikoshi is at the level where he can write these big showdowns convincingly. The action is jumbled, the dialogue is confusing and usually pointless, and the pathos level is so over the top that it's impossible to take these characters seriously.

Fortunately, the aftermath of this fight was much better. Some character development for All Might was very nice to see, and I liked
Regina
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-2018
I’m dead. This manga is AMAZING.

I love everything about it.
| Maiko-chan |
eta: GUH! That cover!
It's beautiful and kinda makes me ache but it couldn't have been better as anything else for this volume.
eta2: real edits toward the end of the review but, while I previously did not hide this liveblog (ilu RF) 'review' because of spoilery things, I'm hiding it now because my friend Keitorin is currently reading the manga and isn't caught up so everything below this is now hidden.
love ya K, glad you're enjoying the series!!

(view spoiler)
Julie
My heart 😭
Petros
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This volume is yet another proof of how superficial the whole story is written. First you have the greatest hero fighting the greatest villain. That sounds like the most epic thing ever, but in reality it’s lame. The villain was planning for this day for decades and had buffed himself with a thousand different superpowers. Yet all he did was fighting the hero head on with no plat at all and he still lost after a few punches despite Almight being weakened. It was the most anti-climactic thing eve ...more
Sam
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew, this was a great and intense volume. I really can't wait to see this arc in the anime as well. It may be my favorite of the series thus far (the whole arc, not just this volume). Now to wait until next month for the next one.
Jacob Acosta
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, best-of-2018
Whew! This volume almost made my cry. So many great moments that will stick with me throughout the future of the series.

This volume highlights All Might's illustration/expression of a hero, a teacher, and him being a person.

I consider this to be the best volume so far. Due to how great it is, I really hope this isn't the peak of the series; I hope it'll continue to ride this wave of quality since Vol. 1.

Ugh! Waiting for the official English translation is going to be a pain. Bring on Vol. 12!
Olly
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
forse il migliore volume dell'intera serie fin ora. stupendo!
MC
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume has the fight so many fans of the manga (and anime) up until this point had been waiting for, the battle between All-Might and All for One. It was not a disappointment and is probably the highlight of the story in both formats. In a way, the fight makes the volume title appropriate.

This is because we finally see the super-villain behind so much destruction and death for the past hundred or so years held to account. Yes, he was beaten five years ago, but he also escaped while handing
Rollin
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaitlyn
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
This was so good! The new regulation policy of UA means there will be way more character interactions! I also really loved seeing everyone's rooms (wow, Todoroki really owns my heart) and the scene where we meet Bakugo's dad made me laugh. It's funny how we see who he got the temper from!

On a more serious note, the chapter where All Might goes to the Midoriya household made me tear up so much. Izuku has gone such a long way from chapter one, and I am so proud of him!
cindy
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-mha
Akhirnya terjadi juga. All Might. The Symbol of Peace... must go....

Lalu rada melambat alurnya, kesempatan buat tarik napas dulu. Dan ngintipin kamarnya murid2 kelas 1A satu-satu... 😉

Notes to self, aku gak perhatian apa kelewatan mbaca kyknya ya, tp kok kutaktau quirk ibunya Deku ni apa ya? Hmm...
Amber
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
So much more development here, we get to see a glimpse into All Might's backstory which was so cool! Also loved the little slice of life elements thrown in the end to lighten up the mood, especially since the majority of story was pretty intense! Loved this volume, cant wait to read on!

Taylor Ramirez
Nicholas Driscoll
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could complain, but I enjoy a big throw down, and this gave me that. Big change to the story, too, though not quite as big as I was expecting. And even though it’s kind of dumb, I enjoyed the “best room” contest.
Illy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VOLUME DESTROYED ME. ALL MIGHT. KIRISHIMA. KACCHAN. IZUKU'S MOM. AOYAMA. TSUYU. TOKOYAMI.

EVERYTHING.

(And I feel like this is where S3 is going to end.)
Annika
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Yeet haw king of the rooms.

Also a gaggle could've been expelled but now's not really the time.
Ashley Collins
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am officially caught up!(!!) Will I keep going, or will I just watch an episode and then read to where it stopped? Even I can't answer this question yet. 😅
Sylvie Connor
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, crying, manga
MIS NIÑXS QUÉ LINDXS SON NO PUEDO
Ben Hewer
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brenna
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably my favorite.. so intense, so many feels
Youthful friendship feels, subtly homoerotic feels, mother son feels, mentor mentee feels. All of em!

And then the dorm room tour and Tsuyu’s tears 😭😭 😭 my heart can’t take it
Fahda
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I absolutely loved this one!
Natalie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this volume, we got an "ultimate hero vs. villain fight" between All Might and All for One, a Bakugo rescue attempt put into action, and the retirement of a certain No. 1 Hero.

There were some rather impressive reveals in this volume, such as the reveal of Shigaraki's past, and the reveal of All Might's reverted form (...oops?). It was so brilliant to see just how much support All Might got even when all was revealed, he was truly the "peoples' hero" and I loved it ;u;

After that rather intens
Courtney Rose
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, manga
Wowzers wow wow. This volume marks a turning point in the series!!! (view spoiler) I guess I'm still talking in my All Might voice, even now, a whole volume since my last review! Am I annoying? Probably! Do I care? Not really!!!

It kind of still feels the same though, like nothing's really changed, especially with those chill last couple chapters. Which is neither
Kurezan
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did the series peak at Volume 11? It just may have.
Will Robinson Jr.
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Arguably the best arc of the whole series thus far. Writer & artist Horikoshi has built up to this climatic chapter in "My Hero Academia" for a while. The last volume left me speechless and on the edge of my seat. Finally readers get to see All for One in action. The stakes for the fight between the main villain and our champion All Might is very clear. If All Might loses Bakugo gets captured and the world of heroes will become more dangerous. For most of the book we are in a nonstop thrill ...more
Emma Clement
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I loved the return to normalcy in the last two chapters of this book! It brought humor back to what has become a really intense and dark storyline.
Kia
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pain™ It Feels Like The End But It's Just The Beginning Of A New Era™
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 I [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho I] (My Hero Academia Light Novel, #1)
  • Cross Game 5 (Cross Game, #10-11)
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol. 1
  • ハイキュー!! 19 月の輪 [Haikyū!! 19 Tsuki no wa]
  • ゴールデンカムイ 1
  • Phantom Thief Jeanne, Vol. 1
  • Knights of Sidonia, Volume 9
  • 約束のネバーランド 4 [Yakusoku no Neverland 4] (The Promised Neverland, #4)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 5
  • unORDINARY
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 11
  • ワンパンマン 13 [Wanpanman 13] (Onepunch-Man, #13)
  • Wandering Island
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)
“Go beyond! Plus Ultra!” 28 likes