Start by marking “One Call Away” as Want to Read:
One Call Away

One Call Away

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  1,147 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
Chase Henson doesn’t play by the rules. He doesn’t let himself get attached, doesn’t stay in one place long enough to call anywhere home. So when he returns to the small town of Summer Hill for the first time in years, the last thing he expects to find is a reason to stay.

Published (first published September 19th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about One Call Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Call Away

My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
5 Opening Her Heart To Love Again Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

This newest book by Ms. Goodwin literally had me bawling. Both in the beginning and then again at various points in the story. I could feel Sierra's pain, it was tangible to me. For her to survive this pain and the way she does it, speaks to her strength. I'm not going to tell you how she makes it through this time in her life, because you need to experience it for yourself.

Along comes Chase to Sierra's hometown trying to start
Jenny Q
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
After multiple depictions of farmers' wives as trophy wives who have never worked and live to throw fancy parties and enjoy augmenting themselves with plastic surgery, I think it's fairly obvious this author has never actually met a farmer's wife. Or possibly even been on a farm...

The author writes well, but this is pretty much a big cheese-fest with some hot sex thrown in. Chase is not really a bad boy, and as for Sierra, well, if you have to keep telling people you're a free spirit, you're pro
May Sage
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay so, this book was weird. I didn't relate to either of the characters. I didn't support the gal for her attitude and I didn't understand the guy, so I should have hated it. But for some weird reason, I kept on turning the pages at high speed because I just *had* to know what was happening. And dear god, the feels. All the feels. These characters wrecked me, I wanted to reach out through the kindle and give them all the hugs.
Sierra's boyfriend of two years dies and she doesn't grieve - a year
Ash.loveofbooks
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chase and Sierra are #couplegoals. Couples that read together are awesome! I love the fact that these two lovebirds are readers. These two were great for one another. I felt that they both needed each other and I liked how their stories fit together. I recommend this book if you are looking for a sweet and sexy contemporary romance.
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝💝 FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2018)!💝💝

Blurb:
hase Henson doesn't play by the rules. He doesn't let himself get attached, doesn't stay in one place long enough to call anywhere home. So when he returns to the small town of Summer Hill for the first time in years, the last thing he expects to find is a reason to stay.

Sierra Belmont is lost. Devastated after a sudden tragedy that left her heart broken in a million pieces, Sierra is just barely getting by. Burying herself in work at Summer Hill's onl
M. Piper
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five ‘book-gasm’ stars <3
When I opened this book I had no clue what I was walking into. Then, two pages in, when I was already tearing up over the raw emotions that Goodwin pulls right from the start I knew this would be a book I couldn’t put down until the end (I WAS RIGHT!!!). Goodwin broke my heart then pieced it back together very slowly and perfectly, leaving nothing out of their whirlwind romance. Her detailed writing style made me feel as if I were wrapped in the scene, right there ne
Elizarey
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-_netgalley
One this I absolutely adore about Emily Goodwin is that her writing is always flawless. I may not always like certain characters but I can not deny that there is a flow and just the right amount have pace to her stories. One Call Away is no different! The intense and raw emotion gripped me from the first page, I could not put it down. Sierra knows what pain is, she knows what it is like to loose someone that you love. Chase is a nomad, never staying in one place for long, never getting attached. ...more
Dana
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story!!!! My heart broke right on page 1. Sierra was such a strong woman to have endured what she had. The heartache that she carried with her is unimaginable.

The emotions that Sierra experienced, I was able to “feel” the same just from the written words. Bringing Chase into the mix and the background of how he is connected was just priceless.

I am so thankful I One clicked One Call Away, I highly recommend.
Chelsea | WithHerBooks
OCA wow, Emily really did a fantastic job with this one! I was completely immersed into the world of Chase Henson & Sierra Belmont while reading, and never wanted to leave. I love these two 💕
So many ... feels.

If you enjoy a steamy, complicated second chance romance, then you have to pick this one up! Highly recommend. P.S. I love that this book shares a message that I believe we're almost all in agreement with; reading IS attractive!!
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4,5
curti tudo. bem desenvolvido, bem amarrado.
Emmbooks
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Call Away is a beautiful story about 2 people that don't quite fit the mold thats expected of them. It's about 2 people that find each other at a time they least expected it.

It's incredibly difficult to convey just how deeply this book made feel. Right from the first few pages it was clear that this was going to be a one sitting read. Sienna & Chase were both very relatable characters, it felt like we were right in the story with them. Emily Goodwin always writes these stories where I f
Tangerine
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok

DNF@50%

I kept telling myself to trudge on through and finish it but I just couldn’t. It’s not a terrible book but I was bored out of my mind! I liked the characters, the storyline was okay, but it was boring. There just wasn’t enough to keep me going...
Andi Isack
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sooner or later the sun always rise...

Even when you live in the dark, and you can find your way out, don't give up, cause there will always be a reason to try again. What really count is not why you fall down, but ur reason to get up, stronger than ever. And that reason for Sierra is called Chase. They has so many scars that must be cured. His are on his body, her are deeper on her heart. That why they click perfectly when they met. I'd like to think of Chase like an ex bad boy. That's how I saw
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Out of many books I have read from Emily Goodwin, this one really made me UGLY cry! It was sad, it was hopeful, it was sexy, and sweet and just full of heart it was hard NOT to cry. This one, especially the way it started had my heart breaking. But after that heartbreak we get into how our very brave and beautiful heroine, Sierra copes from such a loss as the one she had. I cried with her, I watched as she started to fall in love again and get scared but wanting
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

One Call Away was a beautiful, emotional, and memorable love story, and one of my favorite reads of the year! It was my first novel by Emily Goodwin, and it will most definitely not be the last. I completely fell head over heels in love with her writing style and the phenomenal storyline and characters she created. One Call Away was an incredible romance and I absolutely loved it!

Chase and Sierra were one of my favorite couples, and two of my favorite characters, that I’ve ever had
Colleen Mc (The Book Lover Blog)
I’m addicted to Emily Goodwin’s words and One Call Away had me on a reading high. It was tender, steamy and full of raw emotion. The characters were flawed and real, and their story held my attention and had a choke-hold on my heart.

Sierra is no stranger to tragedy. She had found someone that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, whom she loved so deeply, and he was taken away from her before their HEA even had a chance to begin. For a long time after, she felt empty and alone. Like she
Brandy Roberts
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW One call away was just WOW the story line really drew me and with such a heartbreaking prologue that already had my emotions all over the place . Loved the book references they had me falling even more in love with the characters especially one that talked about Game of thrones and Harry potter I hope to see more of him . So knew I was going to like this Emily Goodwin really knows how to write an amazing story and this has got to my favorite . Chase and Sierra are so adorkable together the w ...more
Lustful Literature
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Debbie's Review

WOW!!!! This book was so beautifully written and was so full of raw emotions I finished this book hours ago and still am thinking about these characters. This is a book that I will not forget and characters I am sure I will still be thinking about days and maybe weeks later.

This book will literally hook you from page one and you will find yourself many times holding your breath waiting for the other shoe to fall. You will fall in love with these characters. The characters were fu
Kim
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sierra had a tragedy happen that no one should ever have to go through but with the support of her family they try everything for her to eventually move on with her life .. when Chase comes to town he might be the one.

Chase comes to Summer Hill to go to the memorial for his dad which was a dramatic story in itself but when his half brother asks him to stay .. get to know him and his family Chase agrees. He needs a break from his life and looking to just find his HOME. With his job of going all o
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has secrets, grief, and heartbreak.

This is Sierra and Chase‘s story. Chase has lived all over but none of the places ever felt like home. When he returns to Summer Hill to bury his father he stays to help his brother. Sierra is just going through the motions of living. After suffering a tragedy, she is just a shell of the woman she once was. When she meets Chase, she is drawn to him but it’s all wrong in her eyes and heart. Chase tries to st
Amanda
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me a few days to process this completely captivating book! I found myself totally spellbound to the characters and the story had me hooked from beginning to end!

Emily puts her heart and soul into this story! Reading this book I felt we as readers got so many pieces of Emily herself.. it’s a true testament to an author putting her entire self into a story and Emily does just that!

One Call Away is a rare kind of book! It’s filled with emotion and heart! I became obsessed with Chase and Si
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EVERY time I went to read this, Charlie Puth was in my head. And if you say it's not, well I'm a bit jealous.

Sierra has had it rough; we're introduced to her just as she's finding out her fiancee is dying. So immediately your heart goes out to her. She's having a hard time accepting that the man she was going to be with forever, is gone. I can't imagine what that is like for her.

Chase is back "home" because his father is dead. The black sheep son of a truck driver's infidelity is home, thanks t
Jamie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story! My heart ached for Sierra so much and Chase was book boyfriend goals. Like seriously. Amazing. I honestly thought they were even couples goals. They are such a strong and funny couple. They had me swooning. 😍❤

***I may have had Charlie Puths 'One Call Away' on repeat, because....

🎶" And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long
Darling, and when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms
I'm only one call away
I'll be t
Stacy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get the Kleenex out! This is one tear-jerking ride. I haven't had the pleasure of reading any books by this author, and it saddens me that I have missed so many books by her. Well, that won't happen again, because this is a one-click worthy author.

Lord almighty was this a great book! My heart broke for the characters. They were captivating and oh so wonderful. I fell in love with Chase, and my heart shattered for Sierra but rejoiced for them in the end.

I can not give enough praises to this book.
Jamie Schlosser
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily Goodwin's books stole my heart years ago, and I just fell in love with her words all over again. One Call Away gave me ALL the feels. This is pure, satisfying romance. And did I mention hot?? Chase and Sierra had great chemistry, and at times I found myself sighing and swooning as their relationship developed. I can't wait for everyone to read this book and love it as much as I do!
Victoria Morillon
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a heavy emotional journey (which is why I liked this novel). Characters were likable. You were rooting for Chase, you were hurting for Sierra, and you were throwing the middle finger up at all the small town gossip. Great read.
doreen
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Liked the characters and I loved the story line. The author makes you feel what the characters are going through. You are not just reading words but she takes you on a journey. What a GREAT story
Keisha
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Suzy Baba
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me in tears from the first chapter..... loved the story line and all its characters.
Emily Goodwin is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of over a dozen of romantic titles. Emily writes the kind of books she likes to read, and is a sucker for a swoon-worthy bad boy and happily ever afters.

She lives in the midwest with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, you can find her riding her horses, hiking, reading, or drinking wine with friends.

Emily is

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Wreckage
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)