Start by marking “My Absolution” as Want to Read:
My Absolution

My Absolution

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Have you ever loved a woman with your heart and soul, just to watch her slip away?
I had her.
I broke her.
I left a piece of me behind.
My best friend put her back together.
Cherished her.
Loved her the way she deserved.
My time for absolution has come.
And I'll stop at nothing until I get it.
Now I'll have to fight my way back to what I left behind.

To ask other readers questions about My Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Absolution

Alex
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it

I realized it was a debut novel after I searched on GR if it was part of a series. Positive - it was extremely well written for a debut; less positive - I missed background of MCs relationship and there were too many interesting side characters I wanted to know more about.

Amazing protective hero. Likable heroine. Adorable kids. Interesting story.

(view spoiler)
Nicla
This is a fantastic debut novel. Once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down. Corey was the perfect hero. A hot tattooed very protective alpha who is so sweet. I loved the way he loved Nova and kids. Definitely a new favorite hero. Nova is awesome as well. I like how despite all the drama going on their relationship stayed strong. Can't wait to see what Joz Maxel writes next.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
★Isabella★
"Novalee Spencer, you and the kids are my entire world, and I will do whatever it takes to keep any of you from harm."

I enjoyed this book immensely! It was such a heart warming, soul stirring and schmaltzy read!

I saw this book on my friend L.Jacob's feed. The blurb intrigued me but let me tell you that it's completely misleading. This is not a second chance romance nor there's an absolution needed between MC!

The book starts with a prologue and after 2 pages in, 15 years fast forward, we're dropp
L. Jacobs
5+ The feels! Stars

This wasn't what I was expecting when I first read the blurb, I thought it was going to be an angsty triangular love story and I have to be in just the right mood for those so I was so happy to learn that it was SO much more than that. I laughed, cried and swooned so many times that I lost count and I'm pretty certain that my daughter probably thinks I'm a little crazy now, one minute I'm laughing and the next I have tears streaming down my face. Ha! Corey and Nova are the
Becky Rendon
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

I assumed from the blurb that this was going to be a love triangle. You know what they say when you assume...

My Absolution, though not what I expected, was a sweet read. I expected angst, drama driven love triangle. It's not. There is some drama. But it a story about absolution and the road to achieve it.

It will leave with a sigh, a smile, and sad eyes but the love in these pages will make your eyes light up and your heart happy.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Elaine Vargas
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt like I needed more. Imo it needed more background about the story and a different closure tbh but it was good and safe and the H was good to the h so I liked it, but still needed more.
Danielle Smith
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gripped me from the first page, and I didn’t want it to let me go. I was provided an ARC copy of My Absolution in exchange for an honest review, and when it arrived on my Kindle at 10:30 on a weeknight I wrestled with if I should open it or not, because I just had that feeling that I wouldn’t be able to stop. Surprise! I was right.
This story revolved around the intertwined relationships of Dane, Nova, and Corey. Friends since childhood, the trio has a difficult and heartbreaking past
Andrea
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I felt this book was disjointed! Lots of characters were mentioned at the start! Not for me!
Bean Pole
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bean Pole by: L. Jacobs
Thw only thing that could have made this story any better would have been if we had more from there childhood to build that real connection with as a reader otherwise this was the perfect kind of love story 😍 Cory is the kind of man that we all want to find he was sexy and he loved Nova with all his heart, I will be thinking of this for days.
Lauren Harwood
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
raw. emotional. heart felt.
My Absolution by Joz Maxel is one of my favourite reads of this year.
I felt every emotion the characters were feeling. I could see the words playing before my eyes like a movie.
for a debut, Joz certainly knocked it out of the park. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
2 Chicks and a Book (Melissa Filla)
OMG this was such an amazing book. I really hope there is more from this author and this story. OMG I ugly cried but I also laughed and the sex scenes Scheeeeew call the fire department. This is a great debut novel Great job Joz.
Kimberly O'connell
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book pulls at your emotions from page one. It's a story of love trials and tribulations and in the end forgiveness and absolution. The journey Corey nova and Dane go on is one giant roller coaster ride and I loved every moment of it. You fall in love with love when you read how much Corey loves nova and their children. This is a wonderful debut novel and can not wait for more from this author.
Carole Buick
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ripper of a book, one that you felt a bond with the people in it. Corey, the man every women dreams about is my new book boyfriend, his best friend well "no" not so much. But wait until you get near the end as it is abit of a tear jerker and a twist I never saw coming. Very well written Joz and a well deserved 5 star. Waiting for your next master piece.
Autumn Bryant
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My absolution is a beautifully written book. The characters are strong, complex, and you can not help but to be pulled into their story. It is filled with heartbreak, love, and coming to terms with your past. The storyline is steady and grips you from the first chapter until the last. It is a fantastic debut novel!!!
Teresa Juckett
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book!! This book was just amazing. I thought it would be about a love triangle, but I was proven wrong it was more so much more.. It will grab you from the start and grip you until the end this book is about 3 people Dane, Nova & Corey who had heartbreaking backgrounds growing up and the will to overcome it and to find absolution & love. No spoilers here, but just to say this book brings out the feels so have tissues on standby. I would definitely recommend this book it's sooo ...more
Lyssa Dawn
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What an incredible debut novel by author Joz Maxel. My Absolution is a story of friendship, family, love, forgiveness, and second chances. It's an emotional rollercoaster with a twist. This very well written story will grab ahold of you and not let go until the end. Looking forward to seeing what this author comes out with next.
Sam Clingenpeel
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful journey of these three friends. It a purely raw emotional roller coaster. Loving someone, being loved, making mistakes, finding forgiveness and second chances

Absolutely an amazing story
Sam Lewis
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are hankering for new sexy tatted up book boyfriend look no further. Corey from Joz Maxel's My Absolution is just the man for you. I'm not quite sure how to categorize Corey for you. He is a hot AF tattoo artist with alpha male tendencies with a touch of MC. It has a friends to lovers touch as well. Corey's love for Nova is fierce. I can only imagine a love like that.

I love the storyline. The blurb is what sold me. Although it was a fairly quick read, the end seemed a little rushed. Othe
Anne Milne
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Before going in I thought I was going to read a messy cheating book but it's not that at all.
I enjoyed the story it has some drama but it's definitely not the angst fest I was expecting. All the characters in the book have strong personalities, I liked them all even Dane but Nova, Corey and the children shine through.
For me the story was confused it was like it didn't know which way to go. Her dads in a motorcycle club but it's only mentioned in a vague sense, I can't believe an MC w
Donna Marie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Absolution is a story of love, forgiveness and second chances. Beautifully written, the highly emotive prologue draws you in immediately and the raw honesty of the story will keep you enthralled through to the very last page.

Joz Maxel has created a heartfelt story with characters that are complex, engaging and sincere. They drive this story flawlessly, and are written with true compassion and an inate understanding of the complexity of loving relationships.

This is an incredibly strong debut a
Donna

This is an incredibly strong debut a
Michelle
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc received on behalf of The Wandering Bookaholic in exchange of an honest review

Wow! What a powerful book. I was gripped from the prologue and couldn't put it down until I was finished.
My Absolution is a story about friendship, hurt, love, forgiveness and second chances. The story was different to what I would normally read and it completely blew me away. The raw emotions the book portrayed amazed me.
I loved the way it was written and the fact that we got to hear the story from all3 main ch
Cynthia Rollins
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy 5 star read. The book drew me in from beginning to end. I loved the characters and the story. Corey coming and picking up the pieces of his real true love after his best friends hurts her became my hero and I fell in love with him. I fel like I was a part of Corey's and Nova's story. There were times I smiled, laughed and cried, but in the end I got my HEA. I was crying at the end, but they were happy happy tears. Joz Maxel you are a very talented writer and I will have no probl ...more
Antonette
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to have received an ARC of this story and Wow! No other word comes to mind while writing this review. Joz did a wonderful job creating such a beautiful story that captured my heart and gave me all the feels. Everything from the storyline to the characters to the dialogue was done so well and I didn't want the story to end.
I highly recommend this story to everyone and cannot wait for what else Joz has in store for us!
Danena
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mc
It was a great read! While there are bikers in the story it doesn't center around the MC. The story line had a very interesting twist to it. There was drama, action, surprises, heartbreak and of course love in its many forms. It will keep you reading till the last page. Still trying to figure out how the author got me to like this jerk character in the story and feel sad for him in the end. That's talent....ter
The characters are well developed and you feel like you know them. They could live nex
Mandy Puckett
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is so great. It has 4 main characters but isn't overbearing the way some are with too many characters as it is just 1 story line. I feel so bad for everything they all have to go through. To see the love this family has for one another displayed in this book is powerful! This story broke my heart so many times but I still loved every moment of it. I hope that there is another story following these characters soon.
Esther Alayeto
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredible debut book from this author. Great storyline that is very well written and developed and that pulled me in right from the beginning and kept me hooked all the way through to the end. Dane, Nova a,d Corey are wonderful characters that have been friends since childhood. Twists and turns, drama, and hot and steamy scenes will keep you glued to the pages. Looking forward to reading more from this author,
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Stacey
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon!
Jessica Figueroa
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Absolution is the debut novel for Joz Maxel and it's amazing.
This book sucked me in with just the prologue. It's heartbreaking, full of angst, hot steamy scenes. It's emotional, raw and hot. The description of the characters are spot on. I cried so hard on some scenes, I'm not going to lie, it was heartbreaking.

Well done Joz Maxel. Can't wait to read more from you. Thank you so much for the opportunity to read and review this book in advance.
Ca Fender
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you made a mistake so big it costs you everything? How do you even start to try to absolve yourself when your sin was unforgivable? When your wife runs to your best friend and they are living your life, what do you do with yours?

My Absolution is the story of Corey, Dane, and Nova. Two best friends that fall in love with the same girl. And one friend loving the other enough to give her up, but when mistakes are made and Nova has no choice but to leave one friend to fall into t
« previous 1 3 next »

“Where were you?" I know my husband well enough to know when he's reaching for an excuse. I stare at his lips, waiting for the sign. Corey grazes his top teeth over his bottom lip. And there's my sign.” 1 likes
“I know you mean well, wife, but I'm gonna spank your ass red tonight for this." I lick the outer part of her ear and she shivers. "I'll give you what you want, but you will owe me big.” 1 likes