Start by marking “My Absolution (Absolution, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Absolution (Absolution, #1)

My Absolution

(Absolution #1)

Have you ever loved a woman with your heart and soul, just to watch her slip away?
I had her.
I broke her.
I left a piece of me behind.
My best friend put her back together.
Cherished her.
Loved her the way she deserved.
My time for absolution has come.
And I'll stop at nothing until I get it.
Now I'll have to fight my way back to what I left behind.
Published October 11th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing (first published August 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about My Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Absolution

Start your review of My Absolution (Absolution, #1)
Alex ♈

I realized it was a debut novel after I searched on GR if it was part of a series. Positive - it was extremely well written for a debut; less positive - I missed background of MCs relationship and there were too many interesting side characters I wanted to know more about.

Amazing protective hero. Likable heroine. Adorable kids. Interesting story.

(view spoiler)
Nicla
This is a fantastic debut novel. Once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down. Corey was the perfect hero. A hot tattooed very protective alpha who is so sweet. I loved the way he loved Nova and kids. Definitely a new favorite hero. Nova is awesome as well. I like how despite all the drama going on their relationship stayed strong. Can't wait to see what Joz Maxel writes next.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
L. Jacobs
5+ The feels! Stars

This wasn't what I was expecting when I first read the blurb, I thought it was going to be an angsty triangular love story and I have to be in just the right mood for those so I was so happy to learn that it was SO much more than that. I laughed, cried and swooned so many times that I lost count and I'm pretty certain that my daughter probably thinks I'm a little crazy now, one minute I'm laughing and the next I have tears streaming down my face. Ha! Corey and Nova are the
Janie
Sep 03, 2017 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Becky Rendon
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

I assumed from the blurb that this was going to be a love triangle. You know what they say when you assume...

My Absolution, though not what I expected, was a sweet read. I expected angst, drama driven love triangle. It's not. There is some drama. But it a story about absolution and the road to achieve it.

It will leave with a sigh, a smile, and sad eyes but the love in these pages will make your eyes light up and your heart happy.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Elaine
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt like I needed more. Imo it needed more background about the story and a different closure tbh but it was good and safe and the H was good to the h so I liked it, but still needed more.
Bean Pole
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Bean Pole by: L. Jacobs
Thw only thing that could have made this story any better would have been if we had more from there childhood to build that real connection with as a reader otherwise this was the perfect kind of love story 😍 Cory is the kind of man that we all want to find he was sexy and he loved Nova with all his heart, I will be thinking of this for days.
SHARING MY LOVE FOR BOOKS
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
raw. emotional. heart felt.
My Absolution by Joz Maxel is one of my favourite reads of this year.
I felt every emotion the characters were feeling. I could see the words playing before my eyes like a movie.
for a debut, Joz certainly knocked it out of the park. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Danielle H
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gripped me from the first page, and I didn’t want it to let me go. I was provided an ARC copy of My Absolution in exchange for an honest review, and when it arrived on my Kindle at 10:30 on a weeknight I wrestled with if I should open it or not, because I just had that feeling that I wouldn’t be able to stop. Surprise! I was right.
This story revolved around the intertwined relationships of Dane, Nova, and Corey. Friends since childhood, the trio has a difficult and heartbreaking past
Andrea
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I felt this book was disjointed! Lots of characters were mentioned at the start! Not for me!
Kimberly O'connell
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book pulls at your emotions from page one. It's a story of love trials and tribulations and in the end forgiveness and absolution. The journey Corey nova and Dane go on is one giant roller coaster ride and I loved every moment of it. You fall in love with love when you read how much Corey loves nova and their children. This is a wonderful debut novel and can not wait for more from this author.
2 Chicks and a Book Kat & Melissa
OMG this was such an amazing book. I really hope there is more from this author and this story. OMG I ugly cried but I also laughed and the sex scenes Scheeeeew call the fire department. This is a great debut novel Great job Joz.
Carole Buick
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a ripper of a book, one that you felt a bond with the people in it. Corey, the man every women dreams about is my new book boyfriend, his best friend well "no" not so much. But wait until you get near the end as it is abit of a tear jerker and a twist I never saw coming. Very well written Joz and a well deserved 5 star. Waiting for your next master piece.
Autumn Bryant
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My absolution is a beautifully written book. The characters are strong, complex, and you can not help but to be pulled into their story. It is filled with heartbreak, love, and coming to terms with your past. The storyline is steady and grips you from the first chapter until the last. It is a fantastic debut novel!!!
Teresa Juckett (Give Me All The Book's)
Wow what a book!! This book was just amazing. I thought it would be about a love triangle, but I was proven wrong it was more so much more.. It will grab you from the start and grip you until the end this book is about 3 people Dane, Nova & Corey who had heartbreaking backgrounds growing up and the will to overcome it and to find absolution & love. No spoilers here, but just to say this book brings out the feels so have tissues on standby. I would definitely recommend this book it's sooo worth i ...more
Lyssa Dawn
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible debut novel by author Joz Maxel. My Absolution is a story of friendship, family, love, forgiveness, and second chances. It's an emotional rollercoaster with a twist. This very well written story will grab ahold of you and not let go until the end. Looking forward to seeing what this author comes out with next.
Samantha Rae
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful journey of these three friends. It a purely raw emotional roller coaster. Loving someone, being loved, making mistakes, finding forgiveness and second chances

Absolutely an amazing story
Anne Milne
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Before going in I thought I was going to read a messy cheating book but it's not that at all.
I enjoyed the story it has some drama but it's definitely not the angst fest I was expecting. All the characters in the book have strong personalities, I liked them all even Dane but Nova, Corey and the children shine through.
For me the story was confused it was like it didn't know which way to go. Her dads in a motorcycle club but it's only mentioned in a vague sense, I can't believe an MC w
Sam Lewis
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you are hankering for new sexy tatted up book boyfriend look no further. Corey from Joz Maxel's My Absolution is just the man for you. I'm not quite sure how to categorize Corey for you. He is a hot AF tattoo artist with alpha male tendencies with a touch of MC. It has a friends to lovers touch as well. Corey's love for Nova is fierce. I can only imagine a love like that.

I love the storyline. The blurb is what sold me. Although it was a fairly quick read, the end seemed a little rushed. Othe
Donna Marie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Absolution is a story of love, forgiveness and second chances. Beautifully written, the highly emotive prologue draws you in immediately and the raw honesty of the story will keep you enthralled through to the very last page.

Joz Maxel has created a heartfelt story with characters that are complex, engaging and sincere. They drive this story flawlessly, and are written with true compassion and an inate understanding of the complexity of loving relationships.

This is an incredibly strong debut a
Antonette
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to have received an ARC of this story and Wow! No other word comes to mind while writing this review. Joz did a wonderful job creating such a beautiful story that captured my heart and gave me all the feels. Everything from the storyline to the characters to the dialogue was done so well and I didn't want the story to end.
I highly recommend this story to everyone and cannot wait for what else Joz has in store for us!
Donna
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is an incredibly strong debut a
Michelle
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc received on behalf of The Wandering Bookaholic in exchange of an honest review

Wow! What a powerful book. I was gripped from the prologue and couldn't put it down until I was finished.
My Absolution is a story about friendship, hurt, love, forgiveness and second chances. The story was different to what I would normally read and it completely blew me away. The raw emotions the book portrayed amazed me.
I loved the way it was written and the fact that we got to hear the story from all3 main ch
Cynthia Rollins
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy 5 star read. The book drew me in from beginning to end. I loved the characters and the story. Corey coming and picking up the pieces of his real true love after his best friends hurts her became my hero and I fell in love with him. I fel like I was a part of Corey's and Nova's story. There were times I smiled, laughed and cried, but in the end I got my HEA. I was crying at the end, but they were happy happy tears. Joz Maxel you are a very talented writer and I will have no probl ...more
Danena Freeman
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mc
It was a great read! While there are bikers in the story it doesn't center around the MC. The story line had a very interesting twist to it. There was drama, action, surprises, heartbreak and of course love in its many forms. It will keep you reading till the last page. Still trying to figure out how the author got me to like this jerk character in the story and feel sad for him in the end. That's talent....ter
The characters are well developed and you feel like you know them. They could live nex
Keri Loves Books
This was a story of being a the bottom and then finding that one person to help you put yourself back together.

Everyone needs a Corey in their life. A man who loves with everything he has. Who puts you and your family first. A great dad who shows up and communicates with his kids. A man that can never have enough of you.

Nova and Corey were friends since they were little. Their path was not easy but finding their way to one another and building their life together was worth it. Its not a life wi
Mandy Puckett
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story is so great. It has 4 main characters but isn't overbearing the way some are with too many characters as it is just 1 story line. I feel so bad for everything they all have to go through. To see the love this family has for one another displayed in this book is powerful! This story broke my heart so many times but I still loved every moment of it. I hope that there is another story following these characters soon.
Esther Alayeto
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An incredible debut book from this author. Great storyline that is very well written and developed and that pulled me in right from the beginning and kept me hooked all the way through to the end. Dane, Nova a,d Corey are wonderful characters that have been friends since childhood. Twists and turns, drama, and hot and steamy scenes will keep you glued to the pages. Looking forward to reading more from this author,
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Clare
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So i started reading and instantly fell in love with these characters! The writing is amazing and i cant wait to read more from this amazing author! Brilliantly written!
Charlotte
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For adult readers
Corey only ever had eyes for Nova, but his best friend was with her.
Dane new Corey loved Nova, but so did he and he has her. Dane made Nova his dispute Corey, but then he got involved with Crash and his drugs.
Nova married Dane and they have a son. Nova loves Dane, but she has always loved Corey. She knows Dane is in a bad place right now, she has her infant to think about.
This is a great story. A first love thought lost, brought back together again by tragedy. I think maybe thi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Promise (Redemption, #0.5)
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Best Girls, #0.5)
  • The Morning After
  • Immortal Curse Series: Books 1-3
  • Engagement Rate (Callaghan Green, #1)
  • The Wasting (The Revel and Rot, #3)
  • The Crows (Revel and Rot, #2)
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • The Sightless (Revel and Rot, #1)
  • American King (New Camelot Trilogy, #3)
  • He Doesn’t Know: A Bad Boy Second Chance Baby Romance
  • Outing the Quarterback (Long Pass Chronicles, #1)
  • Recovered Fumble (Sugar Land Saints #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Under The Cherry Blossoms (Fleurs d'Amour #1)

Absolution (3 books)
  • Under The Rising Sun (Absolution, #2)
  • Down The Rabbit Hole (Absolution, #3)

News & Interviews

“Where were you?" I know my husband well enough to know when he's reaching for an excuse. I stare at his lips, waiting for the sign. Corey grazes his top teeth over his bottom lip. And there's my sign.” 1 likes
“I know you mean well, wife, but I'm gonna spank your ass red tonight for this." I lick the outer part of her ear and she shivers. "I'll give you what you want, but you will owe me big.” 1 likes