Start by marking “The Viking's Chosen (Clan Hakon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Chosen (Clan Hakon, #1)

The Viking's Chosen

(Clan Hakon #1)

The prophecy must be fulfilled.

His orders are clear: launch a raid against England and bring home the spoils of war. But the prophecy is also clear: General Torben will take a foreign bride — one who is a seer and healer just like his mother. The eldest princess of England is said to be just that… a beautiful, charming, and headstrong woman. But he's a Viking army general
Published February 12th 2018 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Chosen, please sign up.
Asteropê It's published by "Clean Teen Publishing" - who specialize in clean fiction. I guess it depends on how clean you need something to be. Or what you…moreIt's published by "Clean Teen Publishing" - who specialize in clean fiction. I guess it depends on how clean you need something to be. Or what you have issues with - violence, sex, both, etc.

This book they classify if for a mature YA audience and give it these numbers -
Language - 2
Violence - 5
Romance/Sensuality - 3
Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking - 1

(These are the numbers given within the book on their little info-graphic)

You can read what these numbers correlate to here:
"While our name is Clean Teen Publishing, we cannot guarantee that the books we publish are always clean to your standards. While everyone’s moral values are different, we try to bring to light the content of our books to allow each reader the opportunity to make their own personal decisions."

(less)

Lona
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Was this the most original and well-written book I have ever read? No, not even close. Was this a fun, historical romance with lots of sass and banter? Yes.

While there are a lot of grammatical errors with this book and an over-the-top damsel in distress theme, but this simple and funny romance book was exactly what I was in the mood for. The characters were vibrant and had a lot of personality, and I was in a rare romance-y mood so I was chill with the Disney-esque princess and warrior love sto
angela
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A prophecy spoken, known by few, important to so many.
The son of an Oracle Torben, head's off on his quest too win over princess Allete. The one prophesied to be his bride. Only to fall in love himself, and he'll do anything to be with her.
She is betrothed to an arrogant, mean, man who hurts her, but her duty to marry him, form an alliance to save her kingdom and people, is strong. So, she tries to suffer in silence. However Torben can see she's being hurt and it kills him, not to kill this
Beth
Torben is a warrior and general in the Viking clan Hakon. The leader of the Hakon is obsessed with warring even at the detriment of his clan. Torben, against his better judgements goes with the leaders newest plot to attack a kingdom in England during prenuptials between 2 kingdoms.

Allete is the eldest daughter and the bride to be, of the one of the kingdoms in England, that Torben’s clan is invading. Torben and his men are sent in to impersonate on of Allete’s guards. This is where the chemistr
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
While this reads more fantasy than historical fiction, The Viking's Chosen features a delightful and colorful cast of characters. The story primarily takes place in England, though I wasn't sure which time period. Still this didn't detract from an engaging plot and unconventional trio of princesses. The Viking marauders aren't what you'd expect them to be either, more noble and honorable than the people they've come to invade. While events in this historical fantasy didn't play like I expected, ...more
Treena
Feb 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Quinn Loftis. I would've enjoyed this more if not for:

1) What I felt were bad transitions between POV's. I found them to be choppy and abrupt, like "Oh okay. Now we're reading Torben's POV. Wait, no, it's Allete's." Strange as it sounds, because of the POV switches within a chapter, I almost wished that the author stuck to one POV.

2) I hate that the MC's got really sappy --- good grief, the cheese level was stinky! --- when they "found each other".

3) I'm not a fan of t
✨ Kaira ✨
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Plot - 4.5
Writing style - 5
Characters - 4.5
Romance - 5

In which a British princess fell in love with a dashing Viking who disguished himself as her personal guard to save her from an unwanted marriage that will doomed not only her kingdom but also his clan.

• plot - To tell you the truth, the plot was really not original. In fact, at some aspect, it has its cliches and plot holes but that didn't served as a hindrance for me to love the novel itself.

There are no boring moments. Despite how long i
Lin
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did someone say Vikings? and England and historical fiction???

Резултат с изображение за i'm all for it gif

Boy I love me some good historical book based on Vikings and all that cool stuff from a far away world where things were cooler!!! (uhmm not really cuz  death and wars and all that, but still FASCINATING TO ME!! OK?)

It was amazing, I enjoyed every bit of it and I cannot wait for the second book to come out.

I must admit, that it was much better than I expected it just blew me away into that amazing era of kings, oracles, princesses a
S. Daisy
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blog-books
This is a historical fantasy about a magical princess and a love-stricken warrior Viking who the gods declared were made to be together. It takes place an ambiguous long, long time ago, mainly in England.

The book was for the most part a light and fluffy read, but there were several things about it that I disliked. I will list my six main reasons below:

1. There were a lot of typos and other errors in this book. It could really use the help of a good editor going over it.

2. For a "historical fant
Kelly
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you pick up a Quinn Loftis book prepare to be dazzled! She writes books that keep you captivated with humor, deep respect for intimacy in a marriage bond, and finding a partner who is your equal in every way! The Viking’s Chosen is no exception! I skipped a class just to finish it! I’m just bummed that I have to wait 8 months for the next book!

Torben and Allete couldn’t come from more different worlds! They both will do whatever is best for their kingdom. Both don’t like what is necessary
Carly
This one is tough for me. There were so many highs and lows that it averaged out to a solid meh. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it, I think I just expected more.

First the good:
·I had expected the fact that this was published by Clean Teen Publishing, would result in this being a bummer and super immature. It was not. In fact if I hadn't noticed the publishing page at the front of the book I never would have given it a second thought. So I guess shame on me for making assumptions. (view spoiler
Ann (annreads)
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“You are the master of your own life. There will be bumps and detours along the way, but at every turn, there will be a choice. Do not let yourself become a victim of your circumstances. You are too special for that fate.”

That was a super fun quick read! The characters were great, and the story was really entertaining! I'm jumping right into the next book, since that cliffhanger was terribly rude lol

3.75/5★★★★
Becca
Sep 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: teenagers who don't care about linguistic and historical accuracy
If you are looking for a fantasy romance set in the Viking Era, don't pick up this book. I'm sorry to say that it was disappointing from beginning to end. It reads more like a Viking fanfiction rip-off written by a fifteen year old who has no idea that language has evolved throughout the centuries. Next to the historical inaccuracy, we have bad grammar and bland characters. Sure, a teenager who has no idea about linguistics and history might enjoy reading this book, but it just didn't make the c ...more
Sarah Swann
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is just what I needed right now! These characters have my whole heart. I loved the dynamic between Torben and Allete. Their circumstances broke my heart, I just need them to be together and happy. The side characters cracked me up as well, especially Dayna. And talk about a villain...woooo. It doesn’t get much worse than Cathal. Vikings, English royalty, a little magic thrown in...good stuff.
Is it the best writing? No. Is it complex and incredibly thought out? No. But it was juicy and I con
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Going for a second ride!

Now I'm all caught up and remember the 1st book...I can start on the next book of this series!!
Katherine Paschal
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**
Review on https://smadasbooksmack.blogspot.com/
Torben was told by the oracle that he must go to England to claim his bride for his people to survive. Which that mission just so happens to coincide with his mad Jarl's orders to pillage England. Going undercover, Torben pretends to be a guard to Allete, the princess he will take as his bride- even though she has no idea. Meanwhile, Allete has already been betrothed to the evil King Cathal who wants to break Allete to his will, and is
Blodeuedd Finland
Oct 11, 2018 marked it as dnf
Oh where to begin....

If this was historical romance then the author knows nothing about history.
If it is historical fantasy, or alt history, then she should still explain few things.

I am only 1 hour in but so far in the Empire of Britannia, also called England we have Allette, Dirk, Clay, Lizzy, Lydia and Dana...ok how does this make sense?

They eat freaking POTATOES!!!!!!

The vikings are coming to raid and they talk about infiltrating the castle, cos the obvi speak English, what?

The princesses si
Megan
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was not at all what I was expecting...For one I was expecting vikings.. I mean technically there were norse men here but they weren't 'viking' like. The main guy, Torben was sweet and kind of a dork. Not like a nerdy dork but just a dork ,dork. When I started this review I was going to say that I haven't read anything by Quinn Loftis before but according to GoodReads I have.. I don't remember it but who knows. But the writing was very simplistic. Which I am totally cool with in a YA book. B ...more
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Find yourself immediately transported to days of old filled with Norsemen and royalty as this author casts her magical world building web and encases you until the last page. Filled with prophecy and delight to tantalize every one of your senses. From a madman to a beautiful princess this book will captivate readers of all ages. The only drawback is that we have to wait until November 2018 to continue this epic saga that will ooh and ahh you.

{I requested a copy for reviewing purposes and made no
Fröken Sol
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Okey I'm gonna be honest, I liked the story. Unfortunately, I also had some major issues with it.

1. The text is full of grammatical errors. I mean, I'm not an expert in English as it is not my first language but some of the errors were so obvious that even I saw them and it disturbed my reading.

2. The historical content. First of all, the language is way to modern. We don't know exactly when this story takes place but since there are vikings in it it must be before 1050. In Sweden where I am fro
Hannah L (Reviewer)
description
The start of a new series by Quinn Loftis, The Viking's Chosen is great junk food to read. You know that it's not really good for you, but you love how it tastes. In the world of The Viking's Chosen, there are seers, healers, witches, Vikings and princesses; oh my! Torben is the military leader of a nordic Viking tribe, one that is about to attack the kingdom of Princess Allete. Allete is a healer, and is about to be forced to marry a monster of a man, also known as the King of the powerful kin
Moon Love
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book on a whim a few weeks ago. There was something about the blurb that called me. I picked up the book today and realized I'd chosen well. This is the perfect mix of historical romance and fantasy I was looking for! It's gripping, has dual POV, and is just fun to read!

I didn't realize until I'd finished the book that this was the first in a series, or that it was a clean romance. Now I haven't read clean romance since I was a pre-teen and that was for a very short period of time
Alisi ☆ wants to read too many books ☆
DNF

I tried but I couldn't hack it. This is just a YA romance where the author wanted a cool new location but did absolutely zero research. I can't stand it. We got potatoes and squash (new world foods), modern breakfasts, modern ideals, modern slang and ideas, and just basically a stupid set-up.

I just can't be bothered to finish a book an author couldn't be bothered to do basic research for.
Lekeisha The Booknerd
I'm hoping to shelve this until later. I cannot get into this one.
Jamie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were witty and fun. great villain I am sad that I now have to wait for the second one. Never fair.
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

The Viking’s Chosen is the start to a romantic and battle-filled journey of hidden magic, warring kingdoms, and courage to forge a path of brighter light than what the world would have one believe. A princess who will not be broken, a Viking who would die for her, and a lecherous king carving their names in promised blood, this series is a perfect read for those who enjoy slipping into another time, another life.

It had a few issues for me but overall it was a quick and fun r
Sarah Parker
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved it very much can't wait for the second book
Elizabeth Wylie
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
The book was an easy read and the plot had great potential. However, it took me several weeks to really get into it as every time I picked it up and started reading, I was put off by the modern dialogue in a supposedly historical setting. This is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Additionally, the time frame was ambiguous and several references to accessories, style of dress, etc, were historically inaccurate (too modern) for what appeared to be the timeframe. Another pet peeve.

I appreciate when an auth
Elliot A
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this ARC from Red Coat Publishing and the author in exchange for an honest review.
I have to admit it has been very difficult for me to write a review for this book. It wasn’t bad, I just felt like something was missing and I can’t exactly put my finger on it.
I didn’t particularly like the characters, but one doesn’t have to like the characters, if the story is good enough to keep one’s interest. Both main characters had strong personalities and weren’t flat or boring.
The story was als
Isabella
Jun 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Upon reading the blurb of this book you expect this story to be a bit cliche and predictable but I was looking for something that wasn't too heavy so I picked it up. What I was not expecting was the unbearably cliched writing style. It seemed like every sentence was crafted to be as witty as possible without any regard to how humans actually talk. Lines like "A mother doesn't need to be a seer to know her son is troubled" would be fine if they were just peppered in there but I honestly don't lik ...more
Jeraca
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-but-unowned
I received this eARC novel from Red Coat Publishing. This is my honest review.
Release date: February 12, 2018

Being the oldest daughter of a king, out of three girls, Allete knows that she is destined to leave her home for an arranged marriage. So it is no surprise when her father tells her that King Cathal has made an agreement with her father, and that she will be married to him and go to his kingdom.

What is a surprise, though, is how evil Cathal is. He has the attractive looks, but he is a t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Empty Shelfie Boo...: The Viking's Chosen 1 12 Feb 03, 2018 07:43PM

• Ascension (The Demon Hunters, #1)
  • Hiding Lies (Eleanor Ames, #2)
  • Cowboys & Kisses (Teens of Black Falls Texas, #1)
  • John Dreamer (John Dreamer #1)
  • Essence (Eve #1)
  • Commencement (Hellsbane, #0.5)
  • Princess Rose and the Crystal Castle
  • Holding Court
  • Pawn (Shadow Fate #1)
  • Death Wish (Ceruleans, #1)
  • The Agent's Daughter
  • Contributor (Contributor, #1)
  • Heir of Pendel (A Pandoran Novel, #4)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • By Blood (By Blood, #1)
  • Aura
  • Centaur Rivalry (Touched, #3)
Quinn is an award winning author who lives in beautiful Western Arkansas with her husband, three sons, Nora the Doberman, and Phoebe the Cat (who thinks she is a ninja in disguise). She is the author of thirteen novels, including the USA Today bestseller, Fate and Fury. Quinn is beyond thankful that she has been blessed to be able to write full time and hopes the readers know how much all of their ...more

Clan Hakon (3 books)
  • The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)
  • The Viking's Consort (Clan Hakon, #3)